What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (5 Viewers)

Davante Adams caught 8-of-11 targets for 160 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' Divisional round win over the Seahawks.

The next closest Packers pass-catcher was targeted just four times. Adams has been a one-man show in the passing game for Aaron Rodgers this season as the only reliable target. Defenses still can't stop him. Adams was wide open for the first score of the game, then raced past a pair of defensive backs on the way to the end zone on his second touchdown. Adams later helped seal the win with a crucial catch on third down deep in the fourth quarter, as Seattle never got the ball back after that. Adams will see a lot of Richard Sherman in next Sunday's NFC title game. Adams managed 7-43-1 on 12 targets at San Francisco in Week 12.

Jan 12, 2020, 10:01 PM ET

Davante Adams caught 9-of-10 targets for 138 yards in the Packers' NFC Championship Game loss to the 49ers.

With the monster night, Adams closes the book on the postseason with 17 catches for 298 yards and two touchdowns in two games. Those numbers speak volumes about the Packers' receiver corps, as Adams was the only wideout to establish anything resembling chemistry with Aaron Rodgers in 2019-20. The Pack desperately need upgrades behind a receiver who probably would have challenged for his fourth straight 10-touchdown campaign had he not missed four games with a toe injury. As it is, Adams settled for 83/997/5 across 12 regular season appearances. Adams has not lacked for success in crowded receiver corps, so offseason additions would not dent his WR1 value. He has a mindmeld with his quarterback.

Jan 19, 2020, 10:03 PM ET

Nine 2020 fantasy football takes I believe with the utmost conviction

Excerpt:

3) Davante Adams leads the NFL in targets

My projections have Davante Adams leading the NFL with 166 targets in 2020. Adams trailed Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins with a 29 percent share of the Packers’ targets in games he played last season. Once again, we aren’t asking for much from this star wide receiver. 

Thomas could see his target shares drop a bit after the Saints boosted their own receiver corps with the addition of Emmanuel Sanders, while Hopkins is changing teams. Adams, on the other hand, could see a 1-2 percent increase given the devastated state of the Packers’ wide receiver and tight end rooms. 

Additionally, while the Packers were a 13-win outfit in 2019, they profiled closer to a 9-7 type team from an advanced analytics perspective. With some baked-in regression bound to hit and a defense with many question marks still in place, we can comfortably project Green Bay to be in more negative game scripts this year. That will call for them to pass more often than in 2019, when they boasted a 59.8 percent passing-play rate — 16th in the NFL.

Davante Adams caught 14-of-17 targets for 156 yards and two touchdown in the Packers' Week 1 win over the Vikings.

Adams had 9-103-1 on 11 targets at halftime. With the Packers spanking the Vikings, they ran the ball throughout the second 30 minutes, but Adams was still able to smash in this spot. Working against CB Holton Hill's shadow coverage, Adams had a field day. Minnesota had no answer for him. His touchdowns were 24- and 1-yard scores, and Adams had a potential one-yarder knocked out of his hands at the goal line earlier in the contest. He's the premier fantasy wideout in the game behind Michael Thomas. Adams has a non-zero shot at seeing 200 targets this season after drawing 38.6% of Aaron Rodgers' targets in this one.

- Rotoworld
SEVEN

TEEN

TARGETS

... in a blowout...

Last edited by a moderator:
Davante Adams caught 3-of-3 targets for 36 yards in the Packers' Week 2 win over the Lions.

Bad game flow and two injuries slowed down Adams, who had an awesome Week 2 matchup. In the first half, Adams was rolled up on from behind, sending him to the sideline to give his ankle a breather. Later in the game, Adams exited with a hamstring injury. Neither looked severe, and the Packers only listed him as “questionable” when he was standing on the sideline. If the game was closer, Adams may have returned, but his practice reports this week will be telling. Adams, if healthy, is the favorite to be the WR1 overall this season. Green Bay heads to New Orleans next week. Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allen Lazard would be must-adds if Adams were to miss any time

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Davante Adams (hamstring) is considered uncertain for Week 3 against the Saints. 

Per Pelissero, Adams’ strain is "considered minor," but the Packers are unsure how they will proceed this week. The Packers are infamously cautious with injuries, and Adams had his 2019 wrecked. It would not be surprising to see him get a week off, even for a critical showdown with the Saints. Our first official update will come Wednesday, where a "limited" practice would put Adams on pace to play. Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allen Lazard are the next men up.  

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Sep 22, 2020, 4:49 PM ET

Davante Adams (hamstring) will not practice Wednesday.

It's probably more precautionary than anything, but Adams is still viewed as uncertain for Week 3 against the Saints after pulling his hammy in the Week 2 win over Detroit. It didn't appear to be a serious strain, but we'll still need to keep an eye on Adams ahead of his matchup with Marshon Lattimore. If Adams were to miss, Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and the tight ends would be Aaron Rodgers' top downfield targets.

SOURCE: Stacey Dales on Twitter

Sep 23, 2020, 1:29 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Davante Adams' chance to play Week 3 "doesn't look great." 

While Adams was able to practice in a limited capacity on Thursday, RapSheet hinted he's (very) iffy for this week's matchup against New Orleans. Losing Adams would be a significant knock to Aaron Rodgers' Week 3 prospects. His massive volume would likely be dispersed among a range of pass catchers, including No. 2 receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling. 

RELATED: 

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

SOURCE: Zach Kruse on Twitter 

Sep 24, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

Even if Adams suits up on Sunday, he has been so open about being injured that he doesn't seem like a good decoy. Meaning if they ahdn't said much and quietly said in the locker room "We won't tell everyone quite how bad it is, let him ride a bike during practice, just say he has a mild strain and we're resting him" and I understand you gotta be a little more straight about injuries. 

I would make other plans and I was fortunate to grab Rodgers as my QB2, delighted in his resurgence but I will not be playing him @New Orleans although I don't imagine fan noise will be a major issue. Adams absence will hurt the entire pass attack. Would be a great week for Green bay to flex all those great RBs they have in the back field and keep Brees watching iPads and sipping Gatorade. 

And just as an NFL fan it really hurts all of us when we have a great game or match up and we don't get all the Starting Cast but instead it's the Understudies and I wish we could see both clubs at 100% but with Michael Thomas out maybe this will be a closely fought affair. 

LaFleur says he will give Adams the rest of the week to get ready but right now he’d say he’s doubtful per Bill Huber 

Game time decision.
The positive is that the Packers may be the most conservative training staff in the league. If Adams is active, it means he’s ready for a 100% load. If you have one of the other Packer WRs, you could safely wait until the decision is made and then either play Adams confidently if he is a go or swap him for one of the other GB WRs if he isn’t.

The positive is that the Packers may be the most conservative training staff in the league. If Adams is active, it means he’s ready for a 100% load. If you have one of the other Packer WRs, you could safely wait until the decision is made and then either play Adams confidently if he is a go or swap him for one of the other GB WRs if he isn’t.
True...I had thought no way he was going to play.  He apparently is pushing to go today.  I don't see them ever putting him out there to be a "decoy".  If he is a go, should be in all lineups.

Problem being Sunday night...have to have someone from GB, NO, Balt, or KC as a backup option.

True...I had thought no way he was going to play.  He apparently is pushing to go today.  I don't see them ever putting him out there to be a "decoy".  If he is a go, should be in all lineups.

Problem being Sunday night...have to have someone from GB, NO, Balt, or KC as a backup option.
I dunno - I had him last year while he was dealing with his toe injury. There were a few weeks that he was a GTD & didn’t go. everything I’ve read so far this week was that he’s trending on the wrong side. 

Not trying to be pessimistic. I have no idea if he’s going to play or not. But he failed to log even a limited practice all week - he only stretched on the side. 

When that was the case last year he didn’t play. 

Maybe he plays tonight, maybe not. I’m just remembering what he did last year with a different injury.  He didn’t play until he logged a practice IIRC. 

I dunno - I had him last year while he was dealing with his toe injury. There were a few weeks that he was a GTD & didn’t go. everything I’ve read so far this week was that he’s trending on the wrong side. 

Not trying to be pessimistic. I have no idea if he’s going to play or not. But he failed to log even a limited practice all week - he only stretched on the side. 

When that was the case last year he didn’t play. 

Maybe he plays tonight, maybe not. I’m just remembering what he did last year with a different injury.  He didn’t play until he logged a practice IIRC. 
True...I agree with that...and think they will err on the side of caution.

But if he plays...I think he is good to go is what I was saying.

Source: Green Bay Packers consider Davante Adams a game-time decision for Sunday night game

Excerpt:

The Green Bay Packers will give star wide receiver Davante Adams up until game time Sunday night to recover from his hamstring injury and prove that he can play against the New Orleans Saints, a team source tells ESPN.

Adams is officially listed as doubtful, and the source told ESPN that it's "unlikely" he will play. But the source also said that if Adams can prove he can run full speed in pregame warm-ups on Sunday night, the Packers would allow him to play.

Yeah, I don’t think they’d do the Julio “decoy” schtick. I don’t recall GB ever doing that last year. 
Well, that would be encouraging if he actually plays.  If he is active, I can bench Mark Ingram III in favor of D Adams.  Since I am down 20 currently, I need all I can get! 

Well, that would be encouraging if he actually plays.  If he is active, I can bench Mark Ingram III in favor of D Adams.  Since I am down 20 currently, I need all I can get! 
Could be a big drop-off there. I have Ingram as my flex but I don’t have a choice. :(  

I do have MVS as a flex in another league so I kinda hope Adam’s rests. It’s for the best, really.  :whistle:  

Anybody heard anything this week?

With the PIT/TEN game now postponed, I need to flex somebody in for Conner, and I'm in a real pinch if Davante can't go.  Packers playing on MNF is a double-edged sword; it gives him an extra day if he's close, but REALLY limits lineup options if he's a GTD.

Anybody heard anything this week?

With the PIT/TEN game now postponed, I need to flex somebody in for Conner, and I'm in a real pinch if Davante can't go.  Packers playing on MNF is a double-edged sword; it gives him an extra day if he's close, but REALLY limits lineup options if he's a GTD.
I feel your pain. I own both Adams and Julio. Hoping for any kind of practice before Sunday.

I feel your pain. I own both Adams and Julio. Hoping for any kind of practice before Sunday.
To give you an idea of this leagues waiver options, I just picked up Olamide Zaccheus (ATL WR) as an emergency MNF option.  (Which actually may not be bad with Julio iffy and Gage in concussion protocol)

If DA gets ruled out early, I'll likely dump him for someone else with a *little* better projection.

At practice today per Sleeper. I’d assume limited. Obviously a good sign.
Rotoworld:

Davante Adams (hamstring) returned to Packers practice on Thursday. 

Adams will likely be listed as "limited" for the Packers' first practice of the week ahead of Monday's game against the Falcons, but he is now on track to return after sitting out Week 3. Adams received zero reps ahead of the Pack's win over the Saints. As we know, hamstrings are tricky, but if Adams is getting the go-ahead to practice from the Pack's notoriously-conservative medical staff, he should be ready to rock. He immediately slides back in as a top-two option. 

SOURCE: Jim Owczarski on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 2:36 PM ET

Packers WR Davante Adams (hamstring) practiced Friday. 

Adams returned to practice Thursday and looks to be trending toward playing Monday against the Falcons. If he's active, there's no reason to think Adams won't continue his target-dominating ways against Atlanta. Only the Seahawks have allowed more yards to receivers than the Falcons this year. 

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Oct 2, 2020, 2:18 PM ET

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-davante-adams-running-routes-at-practice/

Adams (hamstring) is practicing Friday, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.

The video shows Adams running a route and catching a pass from Aaron Rodgers, albeit without any defenders on the field. Meanwhile, Allen Lazard is out indefinitely while he recovers from core muscle surgery, potentially leaving Marquez Valdes-Scantling as the Packers' No. 1 receiver if Adams can't return for Monday's game against Atlanta. Adams said he wants to take a cautious approach, but it appears he's at least on track for a game-time decision.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-davante-adams-running-routes-at-practice/

Adams (hamstring) is practicing Friday, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.

The video shows Adams running a route and catching a pass from Aaron Rodgers, albeit without any defenders on the field. Meanwhile, Allen Lazard is out indefinitely while he recovers from core muscle surgery, potentially leaving Marquez Valdes-Scantling as the Packers' No. 1 receiver if Adams can't return for Monday's game against Atlanta. Adams said he wants to take a cautious approach, but it appears he's at least on track for a game-time decision.
Doesn't sound promising, especially with a Bye next week - if he's not 100% this week he will be in two weeks for sure.  Might depend on if the Falcons receivers are active or not - if they don't play GB probably thinks they can win the game without Adams.

Doesn't sound promising, especially with a Bye next week - if he's not 100% this week he will be in two weeks for sure.  Might depend on if the Falcons receivers are active or not - if they don't play GB probably thinks they can win the game without Adams.
Curious, what part doesn't sound promising?

Users who are viewing this thread