What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Player/Team Spotlight -- Tennessee Titans (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2014 Team & Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. We are trying something different this year. We will still publish more than 100 PLAYER SPOTLIGHT articles on the main site. But we are going to solicit discussion on them in these TEAM threads.

Why the change?

NFL success is contingent on the sum of a team's parts. To think that a wide receiver succeeds simply because of himself would be foolhardy. What if a team has three excellent fantasy WR options (e.g., Denver with Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Emmanuel Sanders)? Is a person's enthusiasm for a given player being properly offset against lesser expectations for one of their teammates?

Frankly, there was a lot of redundancy in former Spotlight threads. Asking you all to discuss the Giants new OC Ben McAdoo in threads for Eli Manning, Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham and Rashad Jennings seems inefficient. Now, in this new format, you can factor McAdoo (or any other team change) and it's impact on ALL the relevant skill players.

Thread Topic: Tennessee Titans

The NEW Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

• Focus commentary on the fantasy relevant players in question, and your expectations for said players
  • Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"
  • Avoid redundancies or things like "good posting" ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate
While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the relevant players on each team. We would note that it's important that your statistics makes sense. For example, projecting two running backs on the same team with 2,000 yards is an obvious gaffe. You might have three WR/TEs projected for 1,000+ yards, but that would be aggressive and a historical rarity. Back it up.

Projections should include:

• For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs
  • For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs
  • For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs
Recommended Players to Discuss:

• QB Jake Locker
  • RB Bishop Sankey
  • RB Shonn Greene
  • WR Kendall Wright
  • WR Nate Washington
  • WR Justin Hunter
  • TE Delanie Walker
Each PLAYER SPOTLIGHT article will include:

• Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member
  • Links to thoughtful viewpoints from around the Web, including intriguing pull quotes from this thread
  • FBG Projections

Hi Folks, We've had good comments on many of these threads. But as you can see, we're dying on this one. Can you jump in and let us know what you think?

J

With CHris Johnson gone that will open the door for Shankey to get a lot of touches. Dont worry about Greene he isnt a clutch player. Shankey gets 1400 total yards this year

With CHris Johnson gone that will open the door for Shankey to get a lot of touches. Dont worry about Greene he isnt a clutch player. Shankey gets 1400 total yards this year
I'd put Sankey at under 1k yards rushing with a couple hundred receiving at most.

Greene will get a fair amount of carries though not entirely FF relevant. Ceiling of BJGE last year, probably closer to Daniel Thomas.

Watch out for McCluster. Should pull a Woodhead type role.

Together they will limit Sankey's value.

QB: I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic for Locker, but if he can stay healthy he's going to be a top 12 QB this year. Obviously this would be a career season for him, but the pieces are in place for him to succeed. If he doesn't stay healthy, Whitehurst will manage the games but the team will take a step back. He knows the offense which will be helpful but lacks talent.

Receiving Corps: The strength of the team and a nice mix of playing types. Wright should flirt with 100 catches, Hunter provides the deep threat, Washington the solid veteran presence and another deep threat and then there's Walker who will be a nice outlet along with McCluster. I'm hoping to see Taylor Thompson rise to his raw potential and provide yet another option for Locker. If I were to put together a receiving group, this is pretty close stylistically to ideal.

The defense is going to be exciting, though I think they'll give up a significant number of big plays early in the season. I'm not sold on Morgan as a OLB but word is he's doing well so far. Woody should help the run D but the LBs are the weak link. The secondary should be solid if BWW can step in and perform (I think he will).

This team has playoff potential for sure, should challenge the Colts for the division and provide a lot of excitement in Music City. That is, assuming Locker stays on the field. If Whitehurst takes over, they'll be lucky to see .500

Roughly speaking:

Locker - 4,000/32

Sankey - 800/7, 200/1

McCluster - 200/1, 400/4

Greene - 500/4, 100/1

Wright - 100/1200/8

Hunter - 60/900/6

Washington - 40/600/4

Walker - 70/600/5

Yes, I'm a homer and buying into the hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread