What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super sleepers for week 3 (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
I will try to do this every week,here is a thread to discuss those players in larger leagues or leagues with deep rosters.

QB - Kenny Pickett - They have faces two really good defenses, their running game is bad. If there was ever a week for Pickett to shine this is the week. Think 250 + total yards and 3 total TDS.

RB - Chuba Hubbard - I except the Panthers to trail in this game and maybe get blown out, Hubbard seems to be the third down guy and Dalton will check down a lot. 30 rush yards 5 catches 40 receiving yards and maybe a garbage time TD.

WR - Allen Robinson - same as with Pickett, I see a 6 for 70 and a TD.

TE - Cade Otton - The Eagles run defense is awesome, I also expect them to try to take away Evans leaving a lot of stuff over the middle and short. This is Godwin and Otton territory. 5 for 60 with a 50 percent chance to score.

Who else do we have?

I will try to do this every week,here is a thread to discuss those players in larger leagues or leagues with deep rosters.

QB - Kenny Pickett - They have faces two really good defenses, their running game is bad. If there was ever a week for Pickett to shine this is the week. Think 250 + total yards and 3 total TDS.

RB - Chuba Hubbard - I except the Panthers to trail in this game and maybe get blown out, Hubbard seems to be the third down guy and Dalton will check down a lot. 30 rush yards 5 catches 40 receiving yards and maybe a garbage time TD.

WR - Allen Robinson - same as with Pickett, I see a 6 for 70 and a TD.

TE - Cade Otton - The Eagles run defense is awesome, I also expect them to try to take away Evans leaving a lot of stuff over the middle and short. This is Godwin and Otton territory. 5 for 60 with a 50 percent chance to score.

Who else do we have?
Just dropped Robinson after last week's dud so this will probably be true.

Wish you listed this before Thursday as I should have benched Jones for Pickett.

A couple deep sleepers that I am debating between at TE are Cole Turner with Logan Thomas out or Kyler Granson.

Believe it or not, I am opting for Baker Mayfield vs PHI this week.

In their first 2 games, Philly has given up a mere 108 yards and zero TD's rushing, while allowing 680 passing and 7 TD's. If TB has any shot, it will be through the air.

Believe it or not, I am opting for Baker Mayfield vs PHI this week.

In their first 2 games, Philly has given up a mere 108 yards and zero TD's rushing, while allowing 680 passing and 7 TD's. If TB has any shot, it will be through the air.

I didn't want to take all the players, but I was torn between him and Pickett.

Deuce Vaughn.
Game well in hand in the second half. Duece will get many touches.

I don't mind doing this for the team that may get blown out and with a player that will have a role no matter what because if it isn't a blow out they will still have a role like my example of Chuba Hubbard. I hate doing this for a winning team and a player that won't have any role unless there is a blow out. If Arizona surprises and scores a few points Vaughn may never see the field.

Jaleel McLaughlin, who has the Broncos’ only rushing TD so far this season, will probably start to see more work. If he has a decent showing in Miami I suspect he’ll be a trendy waiver wire add. Sean Payton loves him some 3-headed RBBC.

Zach Evans is worth a preemptive stash in deeper leagues

I don't think the season long plan is 96% snap share for 194 lb Kyren

Was the #1 5-star RB recruit in 2020 (same class as Bijan), 6.9 career YPC at TCU & Ole Miss

Will likely be active for the first time tomorrow

Draft Profile
RAS
I actually drafted him 3.07 in 12 Team in May.. And Traded for Kyren W so, yeah. I AM ON BOARD!! 🚂
But his draft stock of 6th round has me wondering why so late?

Was the #1 5-star RB recruit in 2020 (same class as Bijan), 6.9 career YPC at TCU & Ole Miss

Draft Profile
RAS
I actually drafted him 3.07 in 12 Team in May.. And Traded for Kyren W so, yeah. I AM ON BOARD!! 🚂

He's never really been a bell cow since h.s. Was listed at 215 in college, Combine he came in at 5'11" 202.

Dude had mega drama as a recruit, think he committed/decommitted to several schools, signed a NLI with Georgia, was involved in some kind of credit card scandal that got him suspended from the state championship game. Georgia released him from his NLI and eventually he became TCU's first 5-star recruit. Turf toe his sophomore year, transferred to the SEC. Concussion and some other minor injury his junior year plus a stud freshman Wally Pipped him. Still put up 144-936-9.

Read a few deep dives on him and basically I think he just stop developing, was pretty much the same runner as a junior as when he came out. But he's a very talented kid and given how mercurial McVay is about RBs, wouldn't surprise me if he gets some run at some point.

Only recommending him bc he's free atm, 1% owned. I play in an 18 x 12 league and as soon as shows signs of having a pulse they'll be a FAAB war lol.

Draft Profile
RAS

He's never really been a bell cow since h.s. Was listed at 215 in college, Combine he came in at 5'11" 202.

Dude had mega drama as a recruit, think he committed/decommitted to several schools, signed a NLI with Georgia, was involved in some kind of credit card scandal that got him suspended from the state championship game. Georgia released him from his NLI and eventually he became TCU's first 5-star recruit. Turf toe his sophomore year, transferred to the SEC. Concussion and some other minor injury his junior year plus a stud freshman Wally Pipped him. Still put up 144-936-9.

Read a few deep dives on him and basically I think he just stop developing, was pretty much the same runner as a junior as when he came out. But he's a very talented kid and given how mercurial McVay is about RBs, wouldn't surprise me if he gets some run at some point.

Only recommending him bc he's free atm, 1% owned. I play in an 18 x 12 league and as soon as shows signs of having a pulse they'll be a FAAB war lol.
Mercurial - subject to sudden or unpredictable changes of mood or mind.

I try to learn one new word every day, so thanx, Bobby.

I think we're hoping for too much out of Kendre Miller here to be subbing in unless you're fairly desperate.

In a start nine offense/nine IDP, fifty-one man roster dynasty league, I am that desperate with DK Metcalf potentially out, C. Watson likely out, and Odell Beckham out, while D.J. Chark and Michael Gallup are off to horrid starts -- non-entity starts, at most -- and I have to find a guy to fill my last open offensive bench position.

Too much of my team information there, but the gist of it is that, ay de mi, Kendre is getting a flex start in a PPR league even though I wouldn't necessarily expect anything or even advise doing that. Good luck, Kendre.

My super sleepers this week are

QB: Desmond Ridder - The Falcons will be playing catch up in the 2nd half against the Lions. Ridder throws for 250 with a pair of scores & adds another 50 with a score on the ground.

RB: Zach Charbonnet - The Seahawks blow out the Panthers this week which will mean controlling the clock at the end of the game. Walker has a big game, but Charbonnet gets his this week as well. 12 carries 60 yards 1 TD + 3 catches for another 15 yards

WR: Quentin Johnston - In what should be a high scoring game vs Vikings, the Chargers finally put their 1st round pick on the field enough to make some plays. Not predicting a huge game, but he scores his 1st NFL TD this week.

TE: Gerald Everett - staying with the Chargers vs Vikings. Lots of points to be had in this game. Everett has shown some success in the past. Moore’s offense typically likes using TE’s and it does again this week as Everett goes for 6-70-1

D/ST: Rams - Monday night vs a struggling Bengals team, expect the Rams to win in a blowout against either a Joe Burrowless Bengals team or a less than 100% Burrow who is clearly having issues playing up to his normal level. Multiple sacks and multiple turnovers with a low points scored against give the Rams 10+ points this week

Yeah at RB, Kendre Miller. If Detroit has a plan for Gibbs that better ensures his post-season availability & subject him to volume, only if need be, Craig Reynolds is interesting. At WR, seems someone has to step up for KC, Skyy Moore I suppose. I really like Rashee Rice, drafted him in a couple of leagues, but had to drop him to add a DEF/ST.

Cracraft if no waddle. Or even with
...gut says Berrios
Dart throws aplenty. Let me add mine. Chosen Anderson Miami. Elevated from practice squad. Same speed as waddle. real dart throw.
IMO it’s going to be lots of River Cracraft. He’s the most natural replacement for Waddle.

Chosen is kinda washed. I’d bet on both Cracraft & Berrios having better games than Chosen, personally.

Starting Baker in a couple leagues- may have success vs banged up Philly secondary if he can survive the pass rush.

Theilan seems to be someone who could have a nice day with Dalton.

K Miller day to shine finally, mentioned a lot already.

Mike Williams isn't a sleeper but I think he explodes vs Minnesota

My super sleepers this week are

QB: Desmond Ridder - The Falcons will be playing catch up in the 2nd half against the Lions. Ridder throws for 250 with a pair of scores & adds another 50 with a score on the ground.
Did those 10 carries last week look like it's a direction he's headed, maybe even schemed, or some freak occurrence?

as another person mentioned, LA Rams defense.
cj stroud
tyjae spears has the pop and juice to neutralize browns run defenders. browns have a good man coverage secondary, spears might be a thrill ride in RB receptions this week.

Pacheco situation bears watching. If he's inactive most people will pivot to McKinnon but if you think KC is gonna roll them CEH is probably the better options.

Users who are viewing this thread