What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (12 Viewers)

### #### it!  I just got caught up, what horrible luck with the weather

This was the best 15 minutes of the Gold Cup Imo.  Wonderful interchange of passing, crisp passing and Pulisic just gliding past every one.

Fantastic.  This felt like it was going to be a 3 goal lead at the half.  Now with the long break, anything can happen.

If there was just a lightning strike a few minutes ago that could reset the clock in a delay.  

(Usually it's no lightning within x miles for y minutes) what the variables are tonight I dont know.

Love how quickly they're moving the ball. Huge difference. Also seems like swag is back further helping caillou which I like as well. He and ream still too slow of foot, but love their vision...even if it's already created issues getting stripped while moving through mollases.
Cannon is going straight up and down the flank, so the 8 has to play deeper without the false RB. 

:wall: this was tweeted 3 minutes ago

Jeff Carlisle‏Verified account @JeffreyCarlisle

Just got a text from a #Concacaf official who now tells me play should resume in about an hour. Let me emphasize, this is a fluid (no pun intended) situation

Cannon is going straight up and down the flank, so the 8 has to play deeper without the false RB. 
We talked earlier today about the fact that we don't think the US has been using a false RB the entire tournament.  Lima is not pinching on offense, he has been on the touch line offensively.

But tonight Weston is clearly playing deeper than he has been in other games, which I really like.

@GoldCup: @NissanStadium The match will tentatively resume at 11:20PM ET. Please stay tuned for updates. 

#JAMvUSA #GoldCup2019 #ThisIsOurs

The Jamaican coach made excellent tactical changes.  Ream was starting every attack and by switching Bailey over they were able to strangle that and force the CB's to start it, which was not smooth.

He also figured that every good play was coming through Jozy checking back and doing something positive with it.  They also slowed that play quite a bit.

Cannon has looked better on the right than he did on the left.

Our guys need to develop eyes in the back of their head. They're losing possession too often from behind.

Bradley must have had a double espresso during the break; he seemed to have found an extra step but he's trailing off again.

I've said here many times I want Miazga to turn into our version of John Terry, but maybe Swag is better suited even though he's not a CB.

Speaking of Swag, hated to see him get that yellow.

The Jamaican coach made excellent tactical changes.  Ream was starting every attack and by switching Bailey over they were able to strangle that and force the CB's to start it, which was not smooth.

He also figured that every good play was coming through Jozy checking back and doing something positive with it.  They also slowed that play quite a bit.
They're letting the CBs do what they want, as long as it's wide. Which means they have to move the ball quicker and make the jamilaican defenders work harder to keep their shape. As it is jam has it easy just plugging the middle and letting Bailey run at ream

Users who are viewing this thread