What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (13 Viewers)

Forgot that Swag was on a 5 yellow 1-game suspension today. And his absence is pretty clear in the MF...schalke's spacing and grit in the center of the park a bit tepid.

Sargent and Brooks starting today and the game is on FS1 now. 
Didn't watch but just in general it seems like Brooks has really cemented his form recently and should be a lock for a starting spot once the USMNT resume ya? I mean I know that he was a likely starter but it's good to see him performing.

Popeyecon said:
The Bundesliga hasn't exactly covered itself in glory for a new worldwide audience while it's the only game in town.
Agree. Still has a pre-season feel to the overall quality and game-speed.

But dammit...it's on. So better than nothing.

Anybody watch Bremen today?

ESPN commentary shows Sarge talking two shots and both were saved and then scored by others, the next comment without an assist on the goal.

That leads me to think the goals were scored on rebounds from the saves?

Anybody watch Bremen today?

ESPN commentary shows Sarge talking two shots and both were saved and then scored by others, the next comment without an assist on the goal.

That leads me to think the goals were scored on rebounds from the saves?
Saw some of it, but here are the two highlights you were talking about.

Thought he did great to open up a good shot for himself here and put a good ball on goal.  Great save.

He should've scored here.  You expect your striker to put this away.

This weekend's muricans.

England

Premier League

Christian Pulisic and Chelsea face Aston Villa on Sunday.

DeAndre Yedlin and Newcastle United face Sheffield United on Sunday.

Owen Otasowie and Wolverhampton Wanderers face West Ham United on Saturday.

Championship

Tim Ream, Luca De La Torre and Fulham face Brentford on Saturday.

Duane Holmes and Derby County face Millwall on Saturday.

Antonee Robinson and Wigan Athletic face Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

Cameron Carter-Vickers and Luton Town face Preston North End on Saturday.

Matt Miazga and Reading face Stoke City on Saturday.

Geoff Cameron is SUSPENDED for QPR.

Eric Lichaj is OUT OF CONTRACT with Hull City.

Germany

Bundesliga

Weston McKennie and Schalke face John Brooks, Ulysses Llanez and Wolfsburg on Saturday.

Tyler Adams and RB Leipzig face Giovanni Reyna and Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.

Josh Sargent and Werder Bremen face Mainz on Saturday.

Timmy Chandler and Eintracht Frankfurt face Bayern Munich on Saturday.

Alfredo Morales and Fortuna Dusseldorf face Augsburg on Saturday.

Zack Steffen is OUT (Fitness) for Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Fabian Johnson is OUT (Injury) for Borussia Monchengladbach.

2. Bundesliga

Julian Green, Timothy Tillman and Greuther Furth face Bochum on Sunday.

Bobby Wood and Hamburg face Heidenheim on Sunday.

Sebastian Soto and Hannover face Erzgebirge Aue on Sunday.

3. Liga

Chris Richards, Malik Tillman, Taylor Booth and Bayern Munich II face Magdeburg on Saturday.

Terrence Boyd and Hallescher face 1860 Munich on Sunday.

McKinze Gaines and Sonnenhof Grobaspach face Waldhof Mannehim on Saturday.

Spain

Segunda Liga

Shaq Moore and Tenerife face Racing Santander on Sunday.

Italy

Serie B

Andrija Novakovich and Frosinone face Trapani on Saturday.

Austria

Bundesliga

Erik Palmer-Brown and Austria Wien face Swarovski Tirol on Saturday.

Jesse Marsch and Red Bull Salzburg face Wolfsberger on Sunday.

Turkey

Super Lig

Tyler Boyd and Besiktas face Denizlispor on Saturday.

Denmark

Superliagen

Emmanuel Sabbi, Christian Cappis, Loucious Don Deedson, Yosef Samuel and Hobro face Esbjerg on Sunday.

Michael Lansing and Horsens face Randers on Saturday.

Jonathan Amon is OUT FOR SEASON (Injury) for Nordsjaelland.

Greece

Super League

Gboly Ariyibi and Panetolikos face Xanthi on Sunday.

Poland

Ekstraklasa

Kenny Saief and Lechia Gdansk face Pogon Szczecin on Sunday.

Ben Lederman and Rakow Czestochowa face Wisla Krakow on Saturday.

Sweden

Allsvenskan

Aron Johannsson and Hammarby face AIK on Sunday.

Mix Diskerud and Helsingborg face Elfsborg on Monday.

Norway

Eliteserien

Romain Gall and Stabaek face Valerenga on Sunday.

Switzerland

Super League

Jonathan Klinsmann and St. Gallen face Sion on Saturday.

The Z Machine said:
Is WB officially relegated now?  Seems inevitable at this point.
The result guarantees Mainz's survival, but – paired with Fortuna Düsseldorf's 1-1 draw at home to Augsburg – it means Werder remain 17th in the table, two points off Fortuna in the relegation playoff place. The four-time Bundesliga champions now go into the final day of the season with their fate in others' hands. Anything but a win over Cologne will result in their relegation, and victory may still not be enough to save them from playing Bundesliga 2 football next season.

Bremen now needs help from Union Berlin to avoid its first season in the second tier since 1980 after three different Mainz players scored to key a 3-1 win.

In-form Davy Klaassen set up Bremen’s lone goal from Yuya Osako, and American forward Josh Sargent’s good day up top wasn’t enough to produce a result. Sargent took two shots, completed two of three dribbles, and won five of nine duels as center forward

from bundesliga.com about reyna...

US teenager Giovanni Reyna has a very bright future ahead of him, according to Borussia Dortmund teammate Erling Haaland.

Reyna, 17, made his long-awaited first Bundesliga start on Matchday 33, teeing up Haaland for one of two goals in the 2-0 win at RB Leipzig that secured Dortmund a second successive runners-up spot behind champions Bayern Munich.

Haaland, who made his Bundesliga debut at the same time as Reyna back in January, believes the youngster is made of all the right stuff.

"I called him 'the American dream' before," Haaland told bundesliga.com of Reyna after taking his Bundesliga tally to 13 goals in 14 games. "He's 17 years old, and what he's doing on the pitch today is amazing. He has a huge future in front of him."

Reyna was promoted to the Dortmund senior side during the 2019/20 winter break, after registering four goals and seven assists in 12 outings for the U19s.

Like January signing Haaland, the 17-year-old took his Bundesliga bow from the bench in the Matchday 18 win at Augsburg on 18 January, becoming the youngest American debutant in German top-flight history, and fifth youngest to appear for Dortmund in all competitions

He scored his maiden professional goal in the DFB Cup last-16 loss to Werder Bremen on 4 February, before usurping former BVB star Christian Pulisic not only as the youngest Dortmund player to feature in the UEFA Champions League, but the greenest American to play and assist a goal in the tournament, thanks to his cute pass for Haaland in the Black-Yellows' last-16 first leg victory over Paris Saint-Germain.

The youngest American to ever turn out in the Bundesliga, 17-year-old Gio Reyna – son of Claudio and Danielle – is already making a big impression at Borussia Dortmund.

After an injury sustained in the warm-up denied him a place in the starting XI for Dortmund's Revierderby meeting with local rivals Schalke on Matchday 26, Reyna was delighted to finally get the chance to make his mark from the off at Leipzig's Red Bull Arena.

"It was my first start, which I was really happy with," Reyna told bundesliga.com. "It was a big three points to secure second place, so we’re all really happy."

Reyna - whose father, Claudio, made 74 Bundesliga appearances during spells with Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg between 1997 and 1999 - will hope to make his second successive start when Dortmund round out their 2019/20 campaign at home to Hoffenheim on 27 May.

The New York City FC academy product - who has turned out 17 times in a Dortmund shirt since being promoted to the pro team in January 2020 - was supposed to receive his first senior international call-up from USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter in March, but friendlies against Wales and the Netherlands were cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Although the 32-time US youth international could theoretically still represent Argentina because of his father's parentage, England as his place of birth and Portugal because he holds a Portuguese passport, his heart is set on playing for the Stars and Stripes.

"It's very clear for me: I will only play for the United States, that's my home," he told Ruhr Nachrichten earlier in 2020.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Its a long short-season.  Lots of rotation ahead - particularly for the AMs.

That said, he should have gone to Spurs where he would now be injured instead of just on the bench.
Disrespect for Villa perhaps, with City up next in a couple days.  Hope it doesn’t backfire. 

Who is the Indiana kid on Villa's bench?
@NewlyRetired bat signal 
We've talked about him here...but I'm no Andy and can't remember more than that he's a forward and has played himself into first team. And now I'm not even sure if any of that's the correct memory.
fwiw... our comments on him in here

US u20, debuted for Villa as second youngest US EPL player ever in Jan. attacking MF, not forward.

And CP puts it in the net almost immediately.  

I hate Lampard.
Pedro is gone in 9 days and Willian might be too.  I’m hoping this was just Frank using one of the EPL’s worst teams to find another body at winger because Puli and CHO can’t play 90 minutes every game with this schedule.

That said, even if Lampard thought RLC was a better choice, then watching play back of the game will change that quickly. Chelsea was so much more dangerous the moment CP came on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedro is gone in 9 days and Willian might be too.  I’m hoping this was just Frank using one of the EPL’s worst teams to find another body at winger because Puli and CHO can’t play 90 minutes every game with this schedule.

That said, even if Lampard thought RLC was a better choice, then watching play back of the game will change that quickly. Chelsea was so much more dangerous the moment CP came on.
That’s my impression as well. This went about as perfect as possible for Pulisic. A half game warm up, scored the equalizer and once again showed he’s a difference maker in the attack. Hudson Odoi is apparently hurt again, so Lampard was smart to use this game to figure out what he’s got. 

That’s my impression as well. This went about as perfect as possible for Pulisic. A half game warm up, scored the equalizer and once again showed he’s a difference maker in the attack. Hudson Odoi is apparently hurt again, so Lampard was smart to use this game to figure out what he’s got. 
I watched the first half, the first 10 mins and last 20min of the second. missed CP subbing in and making the difference and Chels scoring the goals.

what I saw was this... RLC seemed off the game in terms of anticipation. missed a couple of chances where he just didn't read the play and get there- one on a beautiful run and cross by Mount that I'm pretty certain CP would've seen, made the run in time and scored easily. that said- what I did see of CP wasn't great... not terrible, but not great. touch seemed a bit off, and when the team needed him to be tidy and hold the ball up when isolated, he was losing it too easily for me. 

but given that giroud got the start instead of tammy as well... your guys' thoughts that this was more of a second team, resting the key players for City, may be true. 

Yedlin played today from the bench as a timewaster in extra time. have you guys been following his interview and thoughts about retiring from the USMNT due to the US not treating all people equally?

I think Yedlin will come around and play for the Nats.  There’s a lot of frustration right now but a lot of positive steps are being taken that I think/hope will encourage the athletes to play. 

Does anyone know anything about the future of Under 23 keeper Carlos Dos Santos who plays in Benifca's incredible ridiculous academy? He's local to Philly (Went to school in North Philly) and was originally on the Philadelphia Union Academy till 2016 when his boyhood team Benfica came running for him. His Dad and Grandfather were both huge fans of Benfica. He's played well but Benfica has two Keepers on their youth U23 squad just as good or better then him plus Vlachodimos 28 at GK1 Zlobin GK who's only 23 as the back up. Anyone see him being in the future of the USMNT senior squad or getting a pro deal with Benfica? He's 19 right now 

Yankee Europe this week...

England

Premier League

Christian Pulisic and Chelsea face Manchester City on Thursday.

DeAndre Yedlin and Newcastle United face Indiana Vassilev and Aston Villa on Wednesday.

Owen Otasowie and Wolverhampton Wanderers face Bournemouth on Wednesday.

Germany

3. Liga

Malik Tillman, Taylor Booth and Bayern Munich II face 1860 Munchen on Wednesday.

Terrence Boyd and Hallescher face Carl Zeiss Jena on Wednesday.

McKinze Gaines and Sonnenhof Grobaspach face Meppen on Wednesday.

Spain

Segunda Liga

Shaq Moore and Tenerife face Mirandes on Wednesday.

Austria

Bundesliga

Erik Palmer-Brown and Austria Wien face Admira Moedling on Tuesday.

Jesse Marsch and Red Bull Salzburg face Rapid Wien on Wednesday.

Norway

Eliteserien

Romain Gall and Stabaek face Sandefjord on Wednesday.

Poland

Ekstraklasa

Kenny Saief and Lechia Gdansk face Piast Gliwice on Wednesday.

Ben Lederman and Rakow Czestochowa face Korona Kielce on Tuesday.

Switzerland

Super League

Jonathan Klinsmann and St. Gallen face FC Zurich on Thursday.

Looks like Lederman came in as a sub over the weekend. And he's not 13 any more (20). Difficult to find much info on the Polish league and his play...sounds like he received a Polish passport this year, allowing him easier access to play in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread