What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (8 Viewers)

I think there's some preemptive push-back on Gurley as the next great RB prospect because Trent Richardson has been such a massive, overrated failure.

But honestly, did Trent ever put games like this together? Serious question.
He did (208/2 vs Florida, 213/4 vs Mississippi, 208/1 vs Auburn) but I don't think Gurley has anywhere near the line play that Richardson did.
Florida was his best game against a ranked team. He averaged 6.2 YPC and Lacy averaged 6.4 YPC (only 5 carries though).

His next two best games against ranked teams were:

- Penn State - 22/144 (6.5)/1 with 4/46/0 receiving.

- Arkansas - 17/126 (7.3)/0 with 3/85/1 receiving.

Watching Gordon and Gurley last night was a treat. Both look the part to me. Better than anybody in the 2014 RB class.

Watching Gordon and Gurley last night was a treat. Both look the part to me. Better than anybody in the 2014 RB class.
Miles ahead. Hell, UGA might have 3 RBs better than anything that came out last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, watching the games now on the BTN. It skips through the crap and shows the actual plays. I love it!

The last time two running backs taken in the first round was 2012 with Trent and Doug right? How many do you think this year might have?

Ilov80s said:
beto said:
Miles ahead. Hell, UGA might have 3 RBs better than anything that came out last year.
That Chubb kid looks like a stud.

I'm sure there is a thread about him, but Fournette is already garnering serious praise. He may give Gurley a run for his money as the top SEC back.http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/24624020/freshman-leonard-fournette-draws-lofty-comparisons-at-lsu?v=1&vc=3
Overrated. What happened to the last RB compared to Adrian Peterson: TJ Yeldon.

The RB to give Gurley a run for the top SEC back is already in college: Derrick Henry. Fournette isn't any better than Nick Chubb.
Called it.

I'm sure there is a thread about him, but Fournette is already garnering serious praise. He may give Gurley a run for his money as the top SEC back.http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/24624020/freshman-leonard-fournette-draws-lofty-comparisons-at-lsu?v=1&vc=3

The RB to give Gurley a run for the top SEC back is already in college: Derrick Henry. Fournette isn't any better than Nick Chubb.
Called it.
:goodposting:

3quinox said:
The last time two running backs taken in the first round was 2012 with Trent and Doug right? How many do you think this year might have?
My belief is that this "devalued RB" is due to talent. There hasn't been an elite talent since Trent. Gurley/Gordon will definitely be 1st round picks and there's room for more. I think we'll see 3 again this year to answer your question

Called it.

Called it.
Henry is a Freak of Nature! I'm already stock piling picks so I can be in position to Draft him in my Dynasty. I'm not sure what to say when I watch him. I feel like my eyes are deceiving me and I have to press rewind to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. I grabbed Gurley this past weekend, I will get Henry but I must make my moves now before the word gets out and his value gets out of control.

Tex

In devy leagues, what is Gurley worth straight up in terms of current players?
If I had Eddie Lacy or Doug Martin, I'd go after Gurley and try to get some other pieces thrown in.

If I had Gurley, I'm not selling. All depends on how your leaguemates value Devy players.

Gurley has the talent to be the best fantasy RB. Hopefully, he gets into a great offense.

How can you guys be so sure that he translates well in the NFL? Believe me I'm on board and garnered six 1st round draft picks next year in one league so I can get him, but you would seriously sell a guy who hasn't played a down for Charles?

How can you guys be so sure that he translates well in the NFL? Believe me I'm on board and garnered six 1st round draft picks next year in one league so I can get him, but you would seriously sell a guy who hasn't played a down for Charles?
Charles turns 28 in December. It's a different story if he was 25.

Anyone might not translate, nobody is safe. But 225+ rbs with power, hands, cutting ability, speed, and return kickoffs are extremely rare.

It depends on your team, but yes I would in certain situations. I've got Charles in a devy league right now and I don't have Gurley. My team finished 2nd in that league last year and is competitive, should be in the running to make the playoffs again this year. So in that case I wouldn't make the trade for Gurley. If my team was relatively weak outside of Charles and I didn't think I was going to be super competitive this year than yes, absolutely I make that trade.

Charles turns 28 in December. It's a different story if he was 25.Anyone might not translate, nobody is safe. But 225+ rbs with power, hands, cutting ability, speed, and return kickoffs are extremely rare.
Speed? Not so sure on that one. He gets caught a lot, albeit after making a couple of dudes look silly.

The dude looks amazing, but the price paid to get him is getting out of hand. Everyone knows about him and envision him on their squad in 2015. This is going to be interesting to watch play out. I'm going to focus my attention on other prospects because I have a distinct feeling I will not be willing to pay the price it takes to get that #1 pick.

This is all conjecture though, if I acquire the #1 because my squad performed the worst, then so be it.

Hard to trust Alabama running backs when transitioning to the NFL as of late.
Yeah but there's something different about Henry when he plays vs the other backs and I think it's his quickness and speed for someone his size. He just lokks faster than everyone else on the field. You couldn't say the same about Ingram or Trent. Watch him play this weekend and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is a Gurley thread so I don't want to hijack and turn this into a Alabama thread....so back to our regularly scheduled program.

Tex

Bumping this after yesterday's game. This dude is a beast. Gotta go top 10 if not top 5. He's the most dominant college RB I've seen since AP.

Bumping this after yesterday's game. This dude is a beast. Gotta go top 10 if not top 5. He's the most dominant college RB I've seen since AP.
If Georgia had kept playing him last week and this week, he'd be leading the ncaa in rushing.Other running backs are only ahead of him because they are getting 25-30 touches a game, but I do like the fact that they are using him as much. Don't need to over use him, keep him fresh and MN of need for an injury.

Tex

If Georgia had kept playing him last week and this week, he'd be leading the ncaa in rushing.Other running backs are only ahead of him because they are getting 25-30 touches a game, but I do like the fact that they are using him as much. Don't need to over use him, keep him fresh and MN of need for an injury.

Tex
When I'm watching Georgia games he pops off the field the same way AJ did. Just on a different level physically than everyone else.

Tex
Would have been nice if they gave him at least 2 more carries vs. USC. They'd likely be undefeated still if so. By and large, I agree. UGA has so many talented backs there is little reason to push touches on Gurley. It was clear in that Tenn game that when it was critical for them to move the ball they feed him the ball. Everyone in the stadium knew he was getting it and he still managed to churn out yds. His yards after contact is insane this year. Not sure I've seen a guy so regularly run thru to first or even second tackles in my life.

jurb26 said:
BigTex said:
tombonneau said:

Tex
Would have been nice if they gave him at least 2 more carries vs. USC. They'd likely be undefeated still if so. By and large, I agree. UGA has so many talented backs there is little reason to push touches on Gurley. It was clear in that Tenn game that when it was critical for them to move the ball they feed him the ball. Everyone in the stadium knew he was getting it and he still managed to churn out yds. His yards after contact is insane this year. Not sure I've seen a guy so regularly run thru to first or even second tackles in my life.
I was thinking the same thing, every game he plays I just the "WOW" and have to rewind the play just to make sure my eyes didn't deceive me. He has many great traits but his natural instinct is just off the charts to say the least.

Dude needs to chill out. It's making it harder and harder to buy him.
Too late, at minimum you'll have to pay a arm and a leg for him and as the season goes along more body parts will be required to acquire him.

Oct. 9, 2014

ATHENS ----- University of Georgia tailback Todd Gurley has been indefinitely suspended from competition by the UGA Athletic Association during an ongoing investigation into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.

"I'm obviously very disappointed," said UGA head football coach Mark Richt. "The important thing for our team is to turn all our attention toward preparation for Missouri."

Oct. 9, 2014

ATHENS ----- University of Georgia tailback Todd Gurley has been indefinitely suspended from competition by the UGA Athletic Association during an ongoing investigation into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.

"I'm obviously very disappointed," said UGA head football coach Mark Richt. "The important thing for our team is to turn all our attention toward preparation for Missouri."
Ummmmm

Oct. 9, 2014

That's it, I'm not drafting him 1.1 now...

...said no one ever.

Wtf. NCAA rules are so dumb. Now we could be robbed of this kids great season....but NFL teams will be glad for the saved wear and tear on him.

Users who are viewing this thread