What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (2 Viewers)

This is may be trending into a Saints RB situation. On a week to week basis, you will have one RB put up fantasy RB1 stats and the other RB2 stats. Both will be fantasy relevant, it's just a question of which one becomes Kamara (mid to high-end RB1) and which one becomes Ingram/Murray (low-end RB1 / high-end RB2). There's a lot of value to be had here from both players IMO.

This is may be trending into a Saints RB situation. On a week to week basis, you will have one RB put up fantasy RB1 stats and the other RB2 stats. Both will be fantasy relevant, it's just a question of which one becomes Kamara (mid to high-end RB1) and which one becomes Ingram/Murray (low-end RB1 / high-end RB2). There's a lot of value to be had here from both players IMO.
That's how I see it right now. 

Pretty much the way I see it as well.

Took a risk and grabbed both DWill and Shady in my draft so I'm hoping one takes over of course, but they could both be flex-worthy all year on that offense.

I'm starting Williams over McCoy -- as of right now -- in a PPR. I think Hill being out will help him.

I think both could be startable in PPR. McCoy looked fantastic running the ball. Williams simply isn't in his league there. McCoy looked fantastic this preseason too. 
Thinking of doing the same.  I can see him catching 5-7 balls and having 50 yards or so total.  If McCoy makes it work on the ground, that's a serviceable tandem if your team is built around QB and WR play.

I think DWill owners won't feel as bad once one of these designed wheel route / pass plays get taken to house for 50 yards. 

They just missed on one last week. Both McCoy and DWill are going to have value this year, like Kamara / Ingram as alluded to in previous posts. 

That's how I see it right now. 
🤞🤞🤞

As a Gurley and DWill owner in my main league I’ll happily take this outcome.  

It’s week 1.

If you have a deep bench, add Thompson where someone dropped him, and hang onto him until week 7-8. 

By then Shady will have broken down and DWill will have sprained [insert body part here]

And then congratulations to you, newly minted league winner, owner of DThompson, the 3-down feature back for the #1 offense in the NFL 

:pickle:

you're welcome. 
This is simply not far fetched. But how many backfields can we say something similar about? How many stashes can we afford? Thompson is as good as any I suppose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In standard, I can see people's hesitation. But I'd be shocked if he didn't catch at least a couple of passes, any of which could end up being a home run. Maybe I'm overconfident, but I still see him being a viable start in PPR.
Of course. Not even a question in my mind unless I have a much stronger option.

This is simply not far fetched. But how many backfields can we say something similar about? How many stashes can we afford? Thompson is as good as any I suppose. 
Not many. The Chiefs offense is special. DThompson is the ultimate lottery ticket. Imma hold as long as possible. 

This is getting silly. Are people starting him this week? 
Of course. I was hoping/expecting about 15 touches/game when I drafted him and he's hitting that mark so far.  Until that changes he's in my lineup.

If I had McCoy I might start him too, but probably not over Williams yet. Particularly as I think Reid will continue to favor Williams at the goal line regardless of how the touch share plays out 

Of course. I was hoping/expecting about 15 touches/game when I drafted him and he's hitting that mark so far.  Until that changes he's in my lineup.

If I had McCoy I might start him too, but probably not over Williams yet. Particularly as I think Reid will continue to favor Williams at the goal line regardless of how the touch share plays out.

If I had McCoy I might start him too, but probably not over Williams yet. Particularly as I think Reid will continue to favor Williams at the goal line regardless of how the touch share plays out.

This point was thrice salient. 

Not fource? 

:kicksrock:
Nabakov's favorite things in Lolita were the little details, the ephemera: One of those was a list he made of children's names in Dolores's class and Humbert's comments therewith.  

"A Rose, a Rose forsooth!"

Fource just reminded me, mellifluously, of that little nugget. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nabakov's favorite things in Lolita were the little details, the ephemera: One of those was a list he made of children's names in Dolores's class and Humbert's comments therewith.  

"A Rose, a Rose forsooth!"

Fource just reminded me, mellifluously, of that little nugget. 
Quartz???

I don't see them being as high scoring as Saints RB's though.  Can see one becoming low end RB 1/high end RB2 type but the other having only flex value. 

Damien Williams rushed nine times for eight yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Raiders, adding three receptions for 48 additional yards.

Williams and the Chiefs' running game in general couldn't get much of anything going Sunday, totaling just 31 yards on 22 rush attempts. Williams continued to flash a solid receiving floor, but he suffered a knee injury in the fourth quarter and didn't return. The extent of the injury is unclear at this time. We'd expect LeSean McCoy to work as the starter if Williams ultimately misses time, with Darwin Thompson also seeing plenty of snaps. The Chiefs take on the Ravens in Week 3.

Sep 15, 2019, 8:08 PM ET

Why is this thread like a ghost town the last 48 hours?  Is Damien good to go for week 3?  Isn't anyone else curious?  His status will have a domino effect on McCoy and Thompson, yet I am hearing nothing.

Why is this thread like a ghost town the last 48 hours?  Is Damien good to go for week 3?  Isn't anyone else curious?  His status will have a domino effect on McCoy and Thompson, yet I am hearing nothing.
There's been nothing reported, really. I'm looking. I looked as a subscriber, looked at Roto. There's not much. Jene Bramel, IIRC, said he left at the end of the third quarter with what looked like somebody falling on his thigh/knee. It's being reported as a contusion, per CBS Sports. 

There's been nothing reported, really. I'm looking. I looked as a subscriber, looked at Roto. There's not much. Jene Bramel, IIRC, said he left at the end of the third quarter with what looked like somebody falling on his thigh/knee. It's being reported as a contusion, per CBS Sports. 
Agreed, I’ve been scouring the internet looking for any info as I’m in a bad way at RB in one league and WW is tomorrow.   Nada so far other then Shady checked out ok and has a shot to play.   

Yeah, he didn't return in week 2.  And if you read the McCoy & Thompson threads, they almost read like DWill is already out for week 3.  Week 1, Damien had 19 touches in 45 snaps compared to McCoy's 11 touches in 20 snaps (Thompson had only 1 touch in 2 snaps, while FB Sherman had 1 touch in 10 snaps).  Darrel Williams didn't log a snap.  These numbers suggest Damien is clearly the lead back (although they did just welcome Shady).  Then in week 2, Damien once again was leading McCoy in the touch count going into the 4th quarter, 12 to 8, and Thompson didn't even log a touch until the last rush of the game, right before Mahomes kneeled for the win.

It's very weird to hear absolutely nothing about DWill, other than McCoy & Thompson will both have expanded roles IF he misses time.  There is a possible gold mine of FF points here, and someone has hidden the treasure map.

Williams was injured late if I recall, and the game was out of reach so perhaps that is a factor for him not coming back in.

Williams was injured late if I recall, and the game was out of reach so perhaps that is a factor for him not coming back in.
Yep. That probably is a factor. I'm wondering, like The Winz, why it hasn't been reported on more, but such is the reporting we have to go on. 

He very well could be completely fine.  Or he could be dead right now.  The fact is he left game 2 with an apparent injury, and not a single reporter has said anything since.  It's not like Damien is some 4th stringer - he is the lead back on one of the best offenses in the NFL.

He very well could be completely fine.  Or he could be dead right now.  The fact is he left game 2 with an apparent injury, and not a single reporter has said anything since.  It's not like Damien is some 4th stringer - he is the lead back on one of the best offenses in the NFL.
They’ve already said it’s a contusion. It’s a bone bruise. A nothing burger. 

It's very weird to hear absolutely nothing about DWill, other than McCoy & Thompson will both have expanded roles IF he misses time.  There is a possible gold mine of FF points here, and someone has hidden the treasure map.
Picked Darwin back up today so like an insane person, I now have all 3.

Whatever, we have deep benches so I'm gonna hold on to them as long as I can hoping one can take the job and run with it.

Picked Darwin back up today so like an insane person, I now have all 3.

Whatever, we have deep benches so I'm gonna hold on to them as long as I can hoping one can take the job and run with it.
I have all three in a short bench league. Killin' me. 

They’ve already said it’s a contusion. It’s a bone bruise. A nothing burger. 
Except, according to Dr. Chao (on CBS’ fantasy football podcast), there are different types of bone bruises.  The type you are probably thinking of (like when you bang your shin), and the type where the bruise is on a joint.  The 2nd type is worse & not a “nothing burger.”

Except, according to Dr. Chao (on CBS’ fantasy football podcast), there are different types of bone bruises.  The type you are probably thinking of (like when you bang your shin), and the type where the bruise is on a joint.  The 2nd type is worse & not a “nothing burger.”
Yeah, I was wondering about the casual use of "nothing burger" on a deep bruise. 

Dang, I had a contusion one time and ended up on crutches and needing a handicapped parking spot for two weeks after a buddy barely kicked me in the calf. And since you all want to know, no, I didn't eat the calf. The calf was my leg. 

Dang, I had a contusion one time and ended up on crutches and needing a handicapped parking spot for two weeks after a buddy barely kicked me in the calf. And since you all want to know, no, I didn't eat the calf. The calf was my leg. 
Now I know what I'm having for dinner.  Veal parm sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread