Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

massraider

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues

Guys who may be in line for action:

Whitehead--replacing Levy at WLB, with Levy sliding to MLB perhaps?

Sean Spence/Arthur Moats--Jarvis Jones and Shazier both missing time.

Jameel McClain--Beason out?

Gerald Hodges--Greenway has two minor injuries

I expect Bynes to be the primary MLB in Detroit, with Levy sticking at Will and Whitehead to remain at SAM. Only worth owning Levy.

PITT and MIN are "nothing to see here"

McClain probably worth fill-in starts as LB3 while Beason is out.

I expect Bynes to be the primary MLB in Detroit, with Levy sticking at Will and Whitehead to remain at SAM. Only worth owning Levy.

Everything iv read has Levy moving to the middle and Whitehead to WLB.

Where did you read this? I'm curious as well because I thought I saw the same thing (Twitter maybe?), but couldn't find anything official.

Where did you read this? I'm curious as well because I thought I saw the same thing (Twitter maybe?), but couldn't find anything official.

I thought I read that on rotoworld. That doesn't mean it will stick, it just means that's what happenend during the game. Despite the Bynes signing, I think Whitehead could be a 3 down LB now.

I think assuming that a guy plucked off another team's PS is gonna leapfrog a guy that has been with the team the entire time is a little off base.

I thought I read that on rotoworld. That doesn't mean it will stick, it just means that's what happenend during the game. Despite the Bynes signing, I think Whitehead could be a 3 down LB now.

You read that prior to them signing Bynes.

I think assuming that a guy plucked off another team's PS is gonna leapfrog a guy that has been with the team the entire time is a little off base.

There are 3 LBs spots; he isn't going to leapfrog anyone. They are all just going to play their natural positions, as opposed to having 3 LBs playing all out of position.

yeah, that seems kinda quick for a guy coming off somebody else's ps

I think beason probably rolled in quick, if I remember, but he was a bit more established.

they got a back up mlb that was actually inactive this past week because of a groin, so idk where we're at on him.

I would guess, moving forward, whitehead sees the highest percentage of snaps.

I just wonder how many snaps that is. That defense hasn't been on the field a ton, and they have more of the same coming up.

Not sure I love his opportunity.

What about this Cowboy MLB position?

Weve seen guys lighting up the scoreboard..

What about this Anthony Hitchens (ten Solo's)

Whose the play here, Is Hitchens legit or do We see Rolando McClain coming back Wk 4..

I just wonder how many snaps that is. That defense hasn't been on the field a ton, and they have more of the same coming up.

Levy is playing MLB. He played that before they signed Tulloch a few seasons - 2 maybe? - back. whitehead played SLB in the preseason and had a great last game with something like 10 tackles. i'm a little surprised that he's being considered for WLB when he's shown himself to be effective at SAM.

Is Brandon Marshall droppable now? Bye week then Trevathan is back. Who knows what their snap counts will be so that's probably 2 weeks where you're definitely not starting him. Possibly longer if he is back to the bench.

Levy is playing MLB. He played that before they signed Tulloch a few seasons - 2 maybe? - back. whitehead played SLB in the preseason and had a great last game with something like 10 tackles. i'm a little surprised that he's being considered for WLB when he's shown himself to be effective at SAM.

Nope it's Whitehead

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/09/24/detroit-lions-tahir-whitehead/16147159/

Is Brandon Marshall droppable now? Bye week then Trevathan is back. Who knows what their snap counts will be so that's probably 2 weeks where you're definitely not starting him. Possibly longer if he is back to the bench.

Geez, not for me. Trevathan may be back, will he be 100%?

Not sure, but with the shortage of LBs, I can't imagine anyone dropping him so quick. If anyone does in the league's I don't have him, I'll find room for him.

If you have a subscription, take a look at the Reading the Defense article for more info. Summary= there is possibility that both Trevathan and Marshall play at same time.

If you have a subscription, take a look at the Reading the Defense article for more info. Summary= there is possibility that both Trevathan and Marshall play at same time.

I agree Marshall probably has earned playing time. Trevathan was their lead tackler last year so if he suits up and performs well, not sure how the coaches want to handle that.

Nope it's Whitehead

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/09/24/detroit-lions-tahir-whitehead/16147159/

interesting experiment to be sure.

Geez, not for me. Trevathan may be back, will he be 100%?

Not sure, but with the shortage of LBs, I can't imagine anyone dropping him so quick. If anyone does in the league's I don't have him, I'll find room for him.

Was surprised to see he was dropped today in my league. We only start 3 IDPs, 1 LB and 1 D flex (which is typically a LB), but he now is sitting at the top of the WW in points.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” Durant said after Wednesday’s practice. “I went out there and moved around a little bit, so I feel good.

“I’m putting pressure on it. I’m not going to go out there with any doubts. I’m putting pressure on it right now to see if I’m going to be all right.”

Durant said he was working on the weakside during practice. If Durant can play, the starting base defense would likely be Durant on the weakside with rookie Anthony Hitchens in the middle and Bruce Carter on the strongside. Standout middle linebacker Rolando McClain, who is also out with a groin injury, did not practice Wednesday.

durant + carter in nickel?

As a hail mary LB pickup this week, I submit Maiava from Oakland. Might be him and Mack on the field all the time.

Whats the latest on Sio's status?

As a hail mary LB pickup this week, I submit Maiava from Oakland. Might be him and Mack on the field all the time.

Whats the latest on Sio's status?

Barring a miracle practice appearance tomorrow, consider him out.

I've pretty much given up on WW LB's at this point. We can start up to 4 in our league, and after losing Z Brown, D Johnson, and Tulloch, I added Mauga and J McClain. (curious to see what McClain will do tonight)

I've changed tactics and started looking at WW safeties. If the points are there, it will be a 3-3-5 defense the rest of the season.

I've pretty much given up on WW LB's at this point. We can start up to 4 in our league, and after losing Z Brown, D Johnson, and Tulloch, I added Mauga and J McClain. (curious to see what McClain will do tonight)

I've changed tactics and started looking at WW safeties. If the points are there, it will be a 3-3-5 defense the rest of the season.

Too much high variable play for my liking. Haven't seen anyone do this outside of great desperation which sort of matches your description with DJ and Tulloch down.

In my 32 team league I'm desperate for LBs since half of mine are on bye. I was able to pluck Sam Barrington off waivers. He got some play last week with Clay hurt. Hoping Clay is still hurt so Sam can get me some points.

Obviously, this is deeeeeep depth stuff and I'm reaching for anyone that has actually scored a couple points. 32 team league with 44 roster spots not including taxi squad.

I was able to snag Hodges and read some good articles on him last night. I'm hoping he can be a gem the rest of the way like Jenkins. Now I just read that Jenkins might miss tomorrow with an abdomen issue.

Linebackers can't even leave their house:

Keenan Robinson tweets he was involved in car crash following game with Giants
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 26, 2014, 2:09 AM EDT
keenan-robinson.jpg?w=250Getty Images

Washington Redskins linebacker Keenan Robinson was blasted by offensive linemanWill Beatty (pictured) after intercepting a deflected pass by Eli Manning in the team’s 45-14 loss the New York Giants.

However, it may not have been the biggest blow Robinson endured Thursday night.

Robinson tweeted that he was involved in an accident with a possible drunk driver after the game.

Robinson had one of the stronger performances on a bleak night for Washington on the field. Robinson had 13 tackles on the night with an interception and a pass defended.

The more important part is that Robinson is apparently safe following the accident.

Who picks up the tackles with Teo out?

apparently reggie walker is out, too, so rotoblurb claims kavell conner filling in -- for you deep leaguers.

although, I don't imagine he'll do much worse than jameel mcclain

Both had similar stats yesterday. Thought I saw them switch positions a few times, waiting to read the recaps.

DE Frank Alexander, CAR - comes off suspension this week. Probably will just be joining the rotation with Addison, Horton, Ealy but he was impressive in preseason and Carolina desperately needs help.

Any deep DL pickups out there. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy's suspension is killing me going into next week.

doesn't play a great position for production, but Tyrone Crawford has been applying pressure consistently, bound to translate sooner rather than later.

Any deep DL pickups out there. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy's suspension is killing me going into next week.

doesn't play a great position for production, but Tyrone Crawford has been applying pressure consistently, bound to translate sooner rather than later.

same can be said for Suggs, right?

:crickets:

same can be said for Suggs, right?

:crickets:

wow, hadn't noticed how quiet he has been, disruptive force when I've been watching but if he isn't finishing then it doesn't mean much in our game.