Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

massraider

Waiver wire targets: LB bloodbath continues

270 posts in this topic

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?

Bump, anyone pls :)

i don't see JMJ offering more than tackles. they have houston, hali and even ford to generate pressure on the QB. it just seems unlikely somehow considering those two have a proven history of sacks.

What do you think about KC LB James-Michael Johnson?

Now when he is the starter, does he have the capacity to make some significant stats numbers?

When i say that, i think, is he capable to make some sack, QB pressure ... not just 5-7 tckl per game?

And, Is he, long term, a better option than Trusnik or Gooden?

Bump, anyone pls :)

i don't see JMJ offering more than tackles. they have houston, hali and even ford to generate pressure on the QB. it just seems unlikely somehow considering those two have a proven history of sacks.

hey -- you're a saints fan?

what kind of coverage do you expect from keenan lewis against minny?

does he stay over on the right, will he follow patterson around, etc?

Antoine Cason

this dude is killin' it

what's his deal?

Seems like he always produces when given the snaps. That combo of not a lockdown corner so QBs don't avoid him, but good enough to make plays on the ball/ball carrier. I'm looking to grab him even though corners aren't a required position on our teams

Lattimore or Barrington in Green Bay.

No doubt. Any thoughts? These are just names to me, no idea about them.

What is the latest with Jenkins, is Misi coming back this week?

Misi is the Mike, Jenkins is the Will.

Lattimore has been decent when given a chance but they tied a lot of money up with Brad Jones too. If you can stash one it's Lattimore.

What is the latest with Jenkins, is Misi coming back this week?

Misi is the Mike, Jenkins is the Will.

Misi out this week. It's more Trusnik. The more interesting question is what happens when Wheeler and Misi are healthy? I think another good week from Jenkins solidifies him at WLB. But if Trusnick plays well again will he stay at MLB, or move to SLB? Will Wheeler start over Trusnik, like he did at the begining of the season? If you listen to the coaches, they clearly love Trusnik, but I wonder if his physical limitations put him back on the bench when all are healthy. Having said that, Trusnik and Jenkins were the 3 down players last week.

Lattimore has been decent when given a chance but they tied a lot of money up with Brad Jones too. If you can stash one it's Lattimore.

Lattimore was uninspiring last week. It will be interesting to see what he does this week against Bush/Bell. They like Jones and after that horror show week one, it will be telling if they give him another chance, maybe the poor performance is related to his current injury?

Trusnik is not good, all effort guy, easily replaceable. Bias, sure, but I stashed Jenkins last year because he is the best one in that corps. Show it again this week and he won't be leaving the field when wheeler returns, he's terrible.

I read those uninspiring comments re lattimore, disappointed, really liked what I saw in small doses last year and jones is terrible. I get why they don't but I wish rewind had the detroit Green Bay game up quick, they'll be first in my queue this week.

I'll be looking at Tahir Whitehead this week. Strong preseason, could see every down snaps in Detroit now.

I'll be looking at Tahir Whitehead this week. Strong preseason, could see every down snaps in Detroit now.

Good info. Does he essentially replace Tulloch's position or will they move some other guys around?

Travis Lewis is the backup middle linebacker on the depth chart, but he wasn’t active on Sunday because of a groin injury.

Hitchens looked good. Could be a high upside rookie taking a high upside position. Dallas MLBs always post great numbers

Good info. Does he essentially replace Tulloch's position or will they move some other guys around?

Whitehead appeared to slide to MLB after Tulloch went down.

Whitehead appeared to slide to MLB after Tulloch went down.

DET just signed Josh Bynes, who is now the best MLB (2-down only) on their roster.

Kyle Fuller and Jelani Jenkins (wherever they are still available) are my 2 picks. Fuller just put up 2 monster CB games in a row

Guys who may be in line for action:

Whitehead--replacing Levy at WLB, with Levy sliding to MLB perhaps?

Sean Spence/Arthur Moats--Jarvis Jones and Shazier both missing time.

Jameel McClain--Beason out?

Gerald Hodges--Greenway has two minor injuries

I expect Bynes to be the primary MLB in Detroit, with Levy sticking at Will and Whitehead to remain at SAM. Only worth owning Levy.

PITT and MIN are "nothing to see here"

McClain probably worth fill-in starts as LB3 while Beason is out.

I expect Bynes to be the primary MLB in Detroit, with Levy sticking at Will and Whitehead to remain at SAM. Only worth owning Levy.

Everything iv read has Levy moving to the middle and Whitehead to WLB.

I am going to sniff around Sean Spence.

Where did you read this? I'm curious as well because I thought I saw the same thing (Twitter maybe?), but couldn't find anything official.

Where did you read this? I'm curious as well because I thought I saw the same thing (Twitter maybe?), but couldn't find anything official.

I thought I read that on rotoworld. That doesn't mean it will stick, it just means that's what happenend during the game. Despite the Bynes signing, I think Whitehead could be a 3 down LB now.

I think assuming that a guy plucked off another team's PS is gonna leapfrog a guy that has been with the team the entire time is a little off base.

I thought I read that on rotoworld. That doesn't mean it will stick, it just means that's what happenend during the game. Despite the Bynes signing, I think Whitehead could be a 3 down LB now.

You read that prior to them signing Bynes.

I think assuming that a guy plucked off another team's PS is gonna leapfrog a guy that has been with the team the entire time is a little off base.

There are 3 LBs spots; he isn't going to leapfrog anyone. They are all just going to play their natural positions, as opposed to having 3 LBs playing all out of position.

yeah, that seems kinda quick for a guy coming off somebody else's ps

I think beason probably rolled in quick, if I remember, but he was a bit more established.

they got a back up mlb that was actually inactive this past week because of a groin, so idk where we're at on him.

I would guess, moving forward, whitehead sees the highest percentage of snaps.

I just wonder how many snaps that is. That defense hasn't been on the field a ton, and they have more of the same coming up.

Not sure I love his opportunity.

What about this Cowboy MLB position?

Weve seen guys lighting up the scoreboard..

What about this Anthony Hitchens (ten Solo's)

Whose the play here, Is Hitchens legit or do We see Rolando McClain coming back Wk 4..

1 person likes this

I just wonder how many snaps that is. That defense hasn't been on the field a ton, and they have more of the same coming up.

Levy is playing MLB. He played that before they signed Tulloch a few seasons - 2 maybe? - back. whitehead played SLB in the preseason and had a great last game with something like 10 tackles. i'm a little surprised that he's being considered for WLB when he's shown himself to be effective at SAM.

Is Brandon Marshall droppable now? Bye week then Trevathan is back. Who knows what their snap counts will be so that's probably 2 weeks where you're definitely not starting him. Possibly longer if he is back to the bench.

Levy is playing MLB. He played that before they signed Tulloch a few seasons - 2 maybe? - back. whitehead played SLB in the preseason and had a great last game with something like 10 tackles. i'm a little surprised that he's being considered for WLB when he's shown himself to be effective at SAM.

Nope it's Whitehead

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/09/24/detroit-lions-tahir-whitehead/16147159/

Is Brandon Marshall droppable now? Bye week then Trevathan is back. Who knows what their snap counts will be so that's probably 2 weeks where you're definitely not starting him. Possibly longer if he is back to the bench.

Geez, not for me. Trevathan may be back, will he be 100%?

Not sure, but with the shortage of LBs, I can't imagine anyone dropping him so quick. If anyone does in the league's I don't have him, I'll find room for him.

If you have a subscription, take a look at the Reading the Defense article for more info. Summary= there is possibility that both Trevathan and Marshall play at same time.