What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fan Duel Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Courtweeks87

Footballguy
Anyone seeing anything they really like at value this week? I'll start.

QB:

Geno smith-$6900 Wil be playing a packers team that is going to want to score after being beat up last week. Jets secondary maybe one of the worse in the league. He should have to put up points to hang unlike last week.

Hoyer-$5800 same as above except me Orleans has a decent defense. After the first half last week it looked like hoyer got comfortable running the hurry up and the Browns offense got a lot better. At 5800 he will be on some of my rosters.

RB:

foster-$8300 rb that is getting all the love in the backfield against a raiders defense that just gave up almost 200 rushing yards to the Jets.

Terrance west-$5300

Bobby rainey-$5000

WR:

Mike Wallace-$6200 Wallace was targeted early and often Sunday.

justin hunter-$5700 going the that Dallas high school defense maybe the worse possible corner duo in the league. At least 1 td this week 2 would not surprise me

Andrew hawkins-$5200 see Brian hoyer above

TE:

Ertz-$5600- Julius Thomas dominated the Colts defense Ertz is likely to do the same in what should be a shootout

Defense

Jacksonville@Washington $4600

REDSKINS offense is bad Jacksonville defense is tough I see a couple sacks and turnovers. Clock control for the jags so low yards and points

a bit of data for those out there who care...

just ran through all of my H2H and 50/50s on draftkings... the average score to cash was 115. the median score to cash was 122. sample size is 13 contests. i also played quite a few triple ups, which i'll post later.

reason i bring this up is I know one of the staffers said the target H2H score to win on FanDuel was 120, which comes into play when constructing a roster (target 2 pts per $1000 spent). since DraftKings changed their lineup requirements, we didn't have data coming into the season. we should have a better idea now, even after only 1 week. feel free to post up your data or point me to somewhere that already aggregates this stuff.

Looking forward to this week. Absolutely horrible Week 1 for me. I think I'm going to work on diversifying some more this week. Rolling with Hill in almost all leagues to free up money to grab Jamaal Charles was the dagger.

just ran through all of my H2H and 50/50s on draftkings... the average score to cash was 115. the median score to cash was 122. sample size is 13 contests. i also played quite a few triple ups, which i'll post later.

reason i bring this up is I know one of the staffers said the target H2H score to win on FanDuel was 120, which comes into play when constructing a roster (target 2 pts per $1000 spent). since DraftKings changed their lineup requirements, we didn't have data coming into the season. we should have a better idea now, even after only 1 week. feel free to post up your data or point me to somewhere that already aggregates this stuff.
good post.. good information.

Early pass thoughts:

Lots of interesting QB/WR stacks this week. Love Locker and Justin Hunter. I think Luck and TY Hilton might be sneaky and pay off. Totally not sure on defenses this week, think I may pay the tax to get Houston though. Also, really not clear which stud RBs will go off, a lot of them are facing tough Ds.

On my Draftking 50/50 average score to cash was just over 123. In triple ups the average was 134.5.

Hoyer is especially sneaky as a cash game QB if Gordon gets unsuspended.

I'll echo the Ertz comment in the OP as well.

Definitely like Ertz this week as well. The Colts got torched by Julius Thomas. Don't think Ertz will have 3 TDs, but could definitely see him getting at least 1.

Hunter and Kendall Wright should be good plays this week against Dallas.

RB is a little tougher, but Forte gets the San Fran defense that allowed Murray to run all over them and Forte is a big part of the Bears passing game (8 catches last week).

Rough draft lineup..50/50

Locker (vs DAL)

Forte (vs SF)

T. West (vs NO)

Hunter (vs DAL)

Nelson (vs NYJ)

DT (vs KC)

Ertz (vs IND)

M. Bryant (vs CIN)
DEN (vs KC)

I'm considering locker, hunter, AND wright. Don't want to pick one WR over the other and have the one on my "bench" blow up. I will have at least one GPP with all three.

Agree on Forte... juicy matchup against SF.

Anyone seeing anything they really like at value this week? I'll start.

QB:

Geno smith-$6900 Wil be playing a packers team that is going to want to score after being beat up last week. Jets secondary maybe one of the worse in the league. He should have to put up points to hang unlike last week.

Did we not learn anything from the Shaun Hill experiment last week? Gotta roster good QB's in cash games. Geno is GPP-only.

Hoyer-$5800 same as above except me Orleans has a decent defense. After the first half last week it looked like hoyer got comfortable running the hurry up and the Browns offense got a lot better. At 5800 he will be on some of my rosters.

Ditto Geno.

RB:

foster-$8300 rb that is getting all the love in the backfield against a raiders defense that just gave up almost 200 rushing yards to the Jets. This looks like a decent play...count me in.

Terrance west-$5300 I don't trust the Cleveland backfield; West had 16 carries last week, but only 1 (of 4) in the redzone; meanwhile, Tate was out after the 2Q, so who knows what's in store next week?

Bobby rainey-$5000 Rainey got 6 touches in a game where Doug Martin was clearly injured--with that in mind, how much do you think TB trusts him? And after his late-game fumble? And Logan Mankins possibly out next week?

WR:

Mike Wallace-$6200 Wallace was targeted early and often Sunday. Possibly...I'd like to see another consistent week between Tannehill & Wallace, but I won't argue with this one.

justin hunter-$5700 going the that Dallas high school defense maybe the worse possible corner duo in the league. At least 1 td this week 2 would not surprise me Love this pick--will be on many of my teams in Week #2.

Andrew hawkins-$5200 see Brian hoyer above Appropriately priced and should see value merely in garbage time, alone.

TE:

Ertz-$5600- Julius Thomas dominated the Colts defense Ertz is likely to do the same in what should be a shootout. Could be OK, but his salary jumped $1100 this week...there are a lot of options on that Eagles' offense & Ertz will have some slow days along the way. So, only GPP's for me.

Defense

Jacksonville@Washington $4600

REDSKINS offense is bad Jacksonville defense is tough I see a couple sacks and turnovers. Clock control for the jags so low yards and points. Don't forget that Jax gave up 34 points in one half this weekend...their defense is far from stellar; Redskins do not have a good offense (understatement), but they played against a very good Texans' defense away from home last week.
My comments in bold above...

My selections will be coming on Wednesday-Friday this week in Subscriber Pro content.

At QB I like Palmer vs NYG at $6900 in cash, h2h matchups. 14-18 pts seems reasonable to me and should allow some extra salary at WR/RB/TE.

This week I'm going all in on RB's & TE. Taking Peterson, McCoy & Graham. NO way those guys go 2 straight weeks without a touchdown. I took Locker at QB cause duh Dallas D lol. Went with some mid-level WRs, then it still leaves you room for a top-tier D or K (or a mid-level of each).

This week I'm going all in on RB's & TE. Taking Peterson, McCoy & Graham. NO way those guys go 2 straight weeks without a touchdown. I took Locker at QB cause duh Dallas D lol. Went with some mid-level WRs, then it still leaves you room for a top-tier D or K (or a mid-level of each).
Even though he had 3 last week I like JT vs Kansas City too..

Last edited by a moderator:
anything to see with Larry Donnell in GPPs?

Arizona doesnt cover TEs. and he can be had for cheap if you want to go in that direction

Peyton Marino said:

Do you have any data about whether the avg score for a winning 50/50 lineup is much different for a $1 50/50 vs. $2 vs. $5, etc.?

I was looking to crunch the numbers myself but haven't had a chance.

My intuition is that the score for the lower dollar 50/50s is less as compare to the higher dollar contests, but maybe not by enough to be significant.

Peyton Marino said:

Do you have any data about whether the avg score for a winning 50/50 lineup is much different for a $1 50/50 vs. $2 vs. $5, etc.?

I was looking to crunch the numbers myself but haven't had a chance.

My intuition is that the score for the lower dollar 50/50s is less as compare to the higher dollar contests, but maybe not by enough to be significant.
FanDuel:

Only played one double up. Was a $10, 109 was the cutoff.

DraftKings:

Played 5 $10 50/50, avg score was around the 122 area

Played 2 $20 50/50, and the thresholds were 121 and 129

small sample sizes here obviously. all of my H2Hs were $10 games and those scores were all over the place.

I played 9 of $1 50/50 this week with average score at 123.1 so on small sample very similar to $10 scores above.

I like foster and Gerhart this wk... Oakland looks bad against the run and Was is abt to lose their mind IMO

Love hunter and Locker stack but geez that one will be popular no?

JT is gonna do this kinda thing a lot this yr... I feel like the 2 or 3 TE set is gonna be used often this wk with kc down Derrick Johnson which means when manning audibles they should get real nice matchups inside with JT...

Donnell is my pick for sleeper TE against Arizona who was terrible against that position (last yr)

I want RBs that are involved regardless of script when possible

But I feel like NE is gonna step up and stop ADP (well contain him at least)

Anybody else thinking of rolling out guys that return kicks on fan duel like Patterson or Harvin or Spiller in hopes that you catch the wk they hit pay dirt as a bonus? Not saying that is WHY you'd do that but just have that kicking around in me brain right now

I like foster and Gerhart this wk... Oakland looks bad against the run and Was is abt to lose their mind IMO
Huh? Lose their mind? What does that mean? Sure Foster rushed for 103yds against the Skins last week, but it took him 27 carries. So 3.8ypc isn't anything special. Do you think Gerhart with a bum ankle will do better? I'd stay away.

This is what I am leaning towards for week 2. Some nice looking stud RB matchups this week (ADP, Foster, Forte, McCoy) mixed with a lot of value plays at WR and TE. Seems like every time I spend money for the stud WR's, it backfires on me. Of course, that could be just a matter of me picking the wrong ones. :wall:

I'm considering locker, hunter, AND wright. Don't want to pick one WR over the other and have the one on my "bench" blow up. I will have at least one GPP with all three.

Agree on Forte... juicy matchup against SF.
I like Forte also this week, but the Chicago O-line may be missing 2 starters. Not sure if this will affect the running or passing game more, but perhaps something take to into account.

I think Gresham at $4500 just became a good deal in the GPP and maybe even viable in the H2H. With Eiffert out, I can see Gresham stepping into that role and putting up a very modest 4-60-1 against a very suspect ATL D.

I like him as a cheap TE play if you want to go studs in other areas.

Here's a team I like:

QB Drew Brees @ CLE

RB Giovani Bernard v ATL

RB Arian Foster @ OAK

WR Brandin Cooks @ CLE

WR Kendall Wright v DAL

WR Michael Floyd @ NYG

TE Zach Ertz @ IND

K Ryan Succop v DAL

D Tampa Bay Buccaneers v STL

Here's a team I like:

QB Drew Brees @ CLE

RB Giovani Bernard v ATL

RB Arian Foster @ OAK

WR Brandin Cooks @ CLE

WR Kendall Wright v DAL

WR Michael Floyd @ NYG

TE Zach Ertz @ IND

K Ryan Succop v DAL

I actually like this team a good bit

I just took some of the matchups I liked the most based on what I saw last week. I appreciate the Vegas method, it helped me immensely last year, but this lineup is all feel-based. Going to roll this out in a few contests I'm pretty sure.

I just took some of the matchups I liked the most based on what I saw last week. I appreciate the Vegas method, it helped me immensely last year, but this lineup is all feel-based. Going to roll this out in a few contests I'm pretty sure.
This is my first year doing daily leagues, so still trying to get the hang of everything. Finished 12th on DK last week in one league. Just started our doing $1/$2 leagues, might have to step it up this week.

Here's a team I like:

QB Drew Brees @ CLE

RB Giovani Bernard v ATL

RB Arian Foster @ OAK

WR Brandin Cooks @ CLE

WR Kendall Wright v DAL

WR Michael Floyd @ NYG

TE Zach Ertz @ IND

K Ryan Succop v DAL

Including last year and week 1 on the road, Brees averaged 295 yards, 1.4 TDs, and 1.1 INTs (in FanDuel scoring 16.3 points).

Last year at home, Brees averaged 354 yards, 3.3 TDs, and .3 INTs (in FanDuel scoring 27 points).

Here's a team I like:

QB Drew Brees @ CLE

RB Giovani Bernard v ATL

RB Arian Foster @ OAK

WR Brandin Cooks @ CLE

WR Kendall Wright v DAL

WR Michael Floyd @ NYG

TE Zach Ertz @ IND

K Ryan Succop v DAL

Including last year and week 1 on the road, Brees averaged 295 yards, 1.4 TDs, and 1.1 INTs (in FanDuel scoring 16.3 points).

Last year at home, Brees averaged 354 yards, 3.3 TDs, and .3 INTs (in FanDuel scoring 27 points).
Great post, that's very significant and what I get for going on feel alone.

-Brees

-Cooks

and back to the drawing board a bit. :D

Tons of guys I like this week. Need to find a way to chop this down a little.

ETA:

It looks like everyone will have Ertz in their lineup. We need some alternatives for GPPs.

Anyone else thinking of running Shaun Hill out there? He's due!
I'm fairly certain I'm going with Hoyer in at least a couple GPPs. At home vs. the Saints with a 7 pt spread and a high O/U for the minimum salary? Yep.

I'm tempted to take him in some cash games too... but I'm hesitant about getting Hill'd.

Tons of guys I like this week. Need to find a way to chop this down a little.

ETA:

It looks like everyone will have Ertz in their lineup. We need some alternatives for GPPs.
the guy in Tennessee is cheap this week IMO

I smell a big Aaron Rodgers game. Mixing him with Locker at QB.

Foster, Ball, Bernard in at RB mostly.

WR is a big mix depending on format. Lots of Dez and Hunter this week. Some Garcon and Desean in there. Even bucking my Thursday ruleAnd going with Torrey, he's cheap IMO.

Ertz, Walker, and Graham at TE.

McManus and Parkey

Arizona and Houston

Things may change as I do more research

Delanie Walker (Ten) I assume.

What are people thinking of Morris this week? Should get some late game carries running down the clock vs. the Jags.

Would anyone be sad if I killed the secondary lineups in On The Daily? Do any of you use those?

If I kill it, it will reduce the time it takes to run all the daily material. Not a big deal for the most part, but it would mean getting final versions of everything (including interactive value charts) posted on Sundays at about 12:15 rather than 12:30.

If people use the secondary lineups, or even just like to glance at them out of curiosity, I'll keep them. But if nobody's glancing at them, I'll make the trade-off of letting those go and getting everything else posted about 15 minutes earlier.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Would anyone be sad if I killed the secondary lineups in On The Daily? Do any of you use those?

If I kill it, it will reduce the time it takes to run all the daily material. Not a big deal for the most part, but it would mean getting final versions of everything (including interactive value charts) posted on Sundays at about 12:15 rather than 12:30.

If people use the secondary lineups, or even just like to glance at them out of curiosity, I'll keep them. But if nobody's glancing at them, I'll make the trade-off of letting those go and getting everything posted about 15 minutes earlier.
I like and use the interactive lineup the most (especially now that I got the value figured out ;) ). I may me just a minority, but I only glance at the secondary.

Thanks again for all you do.

Users who are viewing this thread