Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Buffaloes

Merged Spygate thread

While the cheating, and the hubris of repeating it in the face of their history of getting caught fascinates me, I am more fascinated with Robert Kraft's plans for the Super Bowl.  Where will he be partying?  Any chance he parties with Gronk before hitting a day spa?

• Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

While the cheating, and the hubris of repeating it in the face of their history of getting caught fascinates me, I am more fascinated with Robert Kraft's plans for the Super Bowl.  Where will he be partying?  Any chance he parties with Gronk before hitting a day spa?

Probably going to invite Goodell no matter where he ends up.   

18 hours ago, Tool said:

Why? Because it supports your view?

Cause it quotes NFL coaches/players opinions

11 minutes ago, JAA said:

Cause it quotes NFL coaches/players opinions

And there won’t be any bias to those

17 hours ago, Tool said:

And there won’t be any bias to those

I hope you realize your comment makes absolutely no sense.

How is it possible for any participants /not/ have bias on either side of this issue?  The point is that the people were willing to go on the record with their opinions.  You realize how rare that is right?

The Astros debacle makes spygate look silly by comparison.

And makes anyone making a big deal out of deflategate an irrational fool.

I pity the soul who is actually a LA Dodgers fan...and also someone who keeps griping about this gate crap.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Should have given Kraft a cameo in the movie Dirty Grandpa.

Little-known fact: A young Bill Belichick was a consultant on “Revenge of the Nerds” (1983).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I pity the soul who is actually a LA Dodgers fan...and also someone who keeps griping about this gate crap.

What does one have to do with the other?  Two wrongs don't make a right. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

What does one have to do with the other?  Two wrongs don't make a right. 

It’s a subset of the “everybody cheats” thing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Doug B said:

It’s a subset of the “everybody cheats” thing.

That's lame isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I don't think people are comparing deflategate.  I think the similarities are with Spygate 1. Using technology to know what the pitch is ahead of time or to know what the playcall is ahead of time.  And adjust accordingly.  Do you think BB is a genius for calling the perfect offense or defense for most of the plays the opponent was running.  I think his genius was in his preparation which included going over the line.

I think the punishment for deflategate was because the NFL screwed up badly with the slap on the wrist for Spygate.

1 hour ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I don't think people are comparing deflategate.  I think the similarities are with Spygate 1. Using technology to know what the pitch is ahead of time or to know what the playcall is ahead of time.  And adjust accordingly.  Do you think BB is a genius for calling the perfect offense or defense for most of the plays the opponent was running.  I think his genius was in his preparation which included going over the line.

I think the punishment for deflategate was because the NFL screwed up badly with the slap on the wrist for Spygate.

Deflate gate was a joke. Shame it even happened. No one really cared until Brady covered it up. He should have just admitted to it and paid the fine which was already in the rules. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

2 wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

6 hours ago, Doug B said:
On 1/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Should have given Kraft a cameo in the movie Dirty Grandpa.

Little-known fact: A young Bill Belichick was a consultant on “Revenge of the Nerds” (1983).

Belichick told director Jeff Kanew that the Icy-Hot scheme was something he tried to pull on the St. Louis Cardinals in Giants Stadium in 1981. Belichick bought several bottles of liniment at the East Rutherford Walgreens the night before the game and had planned to soak the Cardinals' jock straps the next morning. The Cardinals' equipment manager came in early and ran off a hooded Belichick.

Later during production, Belichick made it a point to compliment screenwriter Jeff Buhai about the ingenuity of the "video surveillance" scenes in the Pi Beta Pi house.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Doug B said:

Belichick told director Jeff Kanew that the Icy-Hot scheme was something he tried to pull on the St. Louis Cardinals in Giants Stadium in 1981. Belichick bought several bottles of liniment at the East Rutherford Walgreens the night before the game and had planned to soak the Cardinals' jock straps the next morning. The Cardinals' equipment manager came in early and ran off a hooded Belichick.

Later during production, Belichick made it a point to compliment screenwriter Jeff Buhai about the ingenuity of the "video surveillance" scenes in the Pi Beta Pi house.

Well done.  

Has there been any news on what the leagues final decision will be?

13 hours ago, JAA said:

Has there been any news on what the leagues final decision will be?

I am guessing whatever they decide will happen after the Super Bowl.  They don't want any negative news to get in the way of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

I am guessing whatever they decide will happen after the Super Bowl.  They don't want any negative news to get in the way of that.

I'm guessing the Patriots are well informed of the progress of the investigation and the decisions being made through their spy cameras in the league office planted by the Kraft Services cleaning crew who cleans the league offices.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

7 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I'm guessing the Patriots are well informed of the progress of the investigation and the decisions being made through their spy cameras in the league office planted by the Kraft Services cleaning crew who cleans the league offices.

We didn't have to install spy cameras.  Roger gave us a direct feed into their security network.  Because he's, you know, in our pocket.

10 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

But keep in mind that they are completely separated form the football operations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1