What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Herron.....anything there? (1 Viewer)

CanaBuc

Footballguy
TRich pulled a hammy in the game.

Herron came in and 5 carries for 37 yards.

No mention of him anywhere to speak of.

If Richardson misses any time is he worth a flier?

I think Bradshaw has kind of cemented a role but don't see him as a workhorse back as they want to keep him healthy. That could leave 12-15 touches a game in a RBBC.

He runs hard and could take over the TRich role while Bradshaws workload stays the same.

I narrowly won my week 7 game but now have the following inured rb's....

Fjax

Ball

Jennings

At my 6th WW spot guys like Dennard, Tre, Bryce and Dixon likely will be gone and there is not many other options to start at RB for week 8 and 9

Worth a flier in deeper leagues IMO even though the hamstring injury isn't supposed to be serious. Between the injury to TRich and the fact the Bradshaw is so injury prone that when he's put in a walking boot no one even mentions it I think there may be value here by eventual attrition.

Worth a flier in deeper leagues IMO even though the hamstring injury isn't supposed to be serious. Between the injury to TRich and the fact the Bradshaw is so injury prone that when he's put in a walking boot no one even mentions it I think there may be value here by eventual attrition.
Trent Richardson - RB - Colts
Trent Richardson is undergoing an MRI on his hamstring ailment.
T-Rich has been openly optimistic regarding his injury, but the Colts won't know his status for sure until the MRI comes back. Indy plays the Steelers next.

Oct 20 - 3:56 PM

seems unlikely the colts give bradshaw a significant boost... they know they need to manage his reps and keep him fresh for the playoffs... i guess we'll see how the MRI comes in

I could see TRich missing a week (speculating). Herron might be a Flex for week 8 and is as good a lottery ticket stash as many others out there.

Herron looked really good in pre-season. The talent is there. In redrafts, it all depends upon the TRich news.

Seems nobody is taking about him die week 8 waivers.

Think he had more upside than cadet or Taylor.

Both of them are a minor past of a time share.

If Richardson misses any time Herron could have a good load and we know Bradshaw is injury prone.

What other RB would be active if someone missed time? I have always assumed Herron gets carried as #3 RB because he is a special teams ace.

If Richardson misses time I could see Herron taking his spot. The Colts are way to smart to make Bradshaw a work horse. They want to make a run in the playoffs and wearing out Bradshaw now isn't smart, plus this division isn't that good. They will probably win the division by 2 to 4 games.

Haven't heard his name mentioned can probably sneak into roster if I don't hit in one of the other top waiver rb. Might only get a #### at him or Taylor as I pick 6th

I bet you can pick him up without burning a waiver wire pickup. He'll probably be a FA. I will put him on my watch list. Thanks for the post.

What other RB would be active if someone missed time? I have always assumed Herron gets carried as #3 RB because he is a special teams ace.
they cut Dion Lewis. Good reports came out about Herron in preseason about how he was supposed to be involved in offense

I really like the way he ran vs. CIN. He's a straight up no bull#### north/south runner. We'll see if TRich practices tomorrow, but I really hope Herron gets another shot to show his stuff this week.

I really like the way he ran vs. CIN. He's a straight up no bull#### north/south runner. We'll see if TRich practices tomorrow, but I really hope Herron gets another shot to show his stuff this week.
If trich is out do you think boom would be a better play Sunday over other waiver players like Dixon etc.

If trich is out do you think boom would be a better play Sunday over other waiver players like Dixon etc.
I'd feel more comfortable with Dixon and his initial role in BUF's offense than I would with Herron even if TRich sat.

TRich sat out again today. He's probably no better than 50/50 to suite up for Sunday at this point. So, PIT is very much a plus match-up. How many touches Boom sees may end up being very game flow dependent but you also do have to wonder how much IND is willing to lean on Bradshaw in general as he hasn't seen more than 15 carries in a single game this season.

TRich missed practice again today. Odds are good he doesn't play this week. I see a good amount of analysts pointing to a substantial bump in Bradshaw's workload w/o even mentioning Herron; they're likely wrong. Richardson's usage has been pretty sporadic (9, 22, 17, 24, 13, 17, 18). I'm not about to copy and paste a ~20 touch workload but 12-15 touches is conceivable. Again, a lot of this is going to depend on game flow.

Richardson officially listed as "doubtful" for Sunday.

What are the homies hearing about Herron for this week?

Not to hijack,is he worth a start over Crowell against Oakland?

Id have to say he has a legit chance at 15-18 carries. Bradshaw will be the lead but Indy has been wisely using him in a split role.

grabbed him off of waivers in two leagues.

don't recall him being anything special at OSU, but he seems like a tough runner and has survived in the NFL for a few years.

not expecting much, but he could supply some depth if i get hit by injuries.

His draft profile doesn't seem to peg him as a north/south runner but more of an edge runner with good receiving skills. I suppose he is slightly undersized at 5'10 210 but from what I saw vs. CIN he looked capable of pounding it in between the tackles. Then again, TRich managed a 5.5 clip in that same game so mabye IND's OL was just getting good push. Still, he didn't dance and even took out his own lineman on his 10 yard run when it was his only option to gain a couple more yards. Like I said, he seems like a no nonsense runner, the polar opposite of TRich in that respect. We'll see what happens come Sunday.

yept bump LUCK he carry the team this week
Why would losing TRich bump Luck or force the team to lean on him any more than usual this week (already average 2nd most pass attempts per game)? You could technically put a mailbox in the backfield if you wanted to emulate TRich's effect on opposing defenses. If anything, him losing his safety valve for at least a week in Wayne might have an adverse effect on him. Interesting take on the TRich injury though. :thumbup:

He always had good vision. Despite his nickname his speed was marginal at best. If he has adjusted to the NFL game and can take what is given he could be a serviceable back. No worse than BJGE when he had good years.

He always had good vision. Despite his nickname his speed was marginal at best. If he has adjusted to the NFL game and can take what is given he could be a serviceable back. No worse than BJGE when he had good years.
I thought the nickname "Boom" came from his angry running style where he lays the beats on would be tacklers. Yeah, he definitely doesn't possess elite speed. This site says he compares favorably to Brandon Bolden, who in turn compares favorably to Pierre Thomas. Also, according to that site he has a near elite agility score; I believe that has a lot to do with his shuttle time as he was third best in his class behind Rainey and Grimes. This again sort of dispels the my initial notion that he's primarily a north/south runner.

Anyway, I don't think the BGE comparison is apt. but I do think he could do some work in this offense. Luck commands so much attention that Bradshaw is on pace for a his best YPC since 09 and even TRich has looked good at times. I'm probably a bit too excited seeing as how his workload is yet to be determined but all he has to do is be better than TRich to raise some eyebrows. All he has to do is be better than TRich..

I thought the nickname "Boom" came from his angry running style where he lays the beats on would be tacklers. Yeah, he definitely doesn't possess elite speed. This site says he compares favorably to Brandon Bolden, who in turn compares favorably to Pierre Thomas. Also, according to that site he has a near elite agility score; I believe that has a lot to do with his shuttle time as he was third best in his class behind Rainey and Grimes. This again sort of dispels the my initial notion that he's primarily a north/south runner.

Anyway, I don't think the BGE comparison is apt. but I do think he could do some work in this offense. Luck commands so much attention that Bradshaw is on pace for a his best YPC since 09 and even TRich has looked good at times. I'm probably a bit too excited seeing as how his workload is yet to be determined but all he has to do is be better than TRich to raise some eyebrows. All he has to do is be better than TRich..
He's bigger and tested better than Branden Oliver.

Richardson is a RB2 right now in PPR leagues. If it was known for sure that Herron was going to get Richardson's touches today I'd say he has RB2 upside. Whether he'll get them or just a few with Bradshaw logging a much bigger role is the question.

Better stash him or Gray?
i have the same question. the issue is the organization is invested in Trich.
Herron is the bigger long-term question mark IMO but represents more upside if he can establish a role. I'd rather hold Gray if I was in a serious pinch at the position because I think he'll be involved weekly to some extent. Then again, BB could start running James Develin up the gut for all I know.

Better stash him or Gray?
i have the same question. the issue is the organization is invested in Trich.
Herron is the bigger long-term question mark IMO but represents more upside if he can establish a role. I'd rather hold Gray if I was in a serious pinch at the position because I think he'll be involved weekly to some extent. Then again, BB could start running James Develin up the gut for all I know.
i think the deciding factor for me was that gray plays for the pats.

Game script killed Herron's chances of showing anything. I don't think anyone saw PIT dropping 51 points on IND but there didn't seem like there was a moment where IND was allowed to take their foot off the gas (only 7 designed rushing attempts all game); they were playing catch-up as soon as midway through the first.

In case anyone is still curious, Herron played on 19 snaps and saw 1 carry and 1 target. Bradshaw played on 48 snaps and saw 6 carries and 7 targets. Trent Richardson was actually active, but didn't see the field. I'm going to assume he plays this week, especially since the game is on Monday night, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Herron see a handful a touches either.

Hopefully others won't grab him on the waiver. Had to use my spot on Stanton last week. Could be a sneaky pick up for he playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get him because I'm betting everyone goes after gray first.

I'm not even targeting gray. I've learned my lesson with Patriots players not named Brady or Gronk.

I think this guy has much more upside than many other RBs out there on the wire right now. He's a decent skill-set with a bunch of upside because of the team he's on.

Time to jump on this guy as he is definitely an upgrade over Trent Richardson.
if he was such an upgrade, why doesn't he ever playZ?? It's a serious questions, as I have TRich and can pick up Herron, but want more info
Because Herron plays more like Bradshaw. I think they only use TRich to grind down the defense. They can't be rolling him out there thinking he's actually going to help their offense. They knew Bradshaw was a big injury risk and tried to save him. Plus they gave up a lot to get him.

Trent will at least start out getting the bulk of the carries, but could easily see Herron become what Bradshaw was if he takes advantage of his opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread