What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

Wish we never let Bowles go. D wasn't that bad under him (9th vs the pass, 23rd vs the run). Now he's gonna be head coach in Atlanta.

"Seahawks director of college scouting Scott Fitterer is expected to interview this week for the Eagles GM job, per a league source"

Yes please.
I like this for many reasons.
Yep.
Because Seattle fell ### backwards into Russell Wilson we should want anyone a associated with the franchise? For all the QB talk in the Eagles threads, let not forget plan A and B in Seattle involved Matt Flynn and T. Jackson here. Imagine that

"Seahawks director of college scouting Scott Fitterer is expected to interview this week for the Eagles GM job, per a league source"

Yes please.
Yep.
Because Seattle fell ### backwards into Russell Wilson we should want anyone a associated with the franchise?For all the QB talk in the Eagles threads, let not forget plan A and B in Seattle involved Matt Flynn and T. Jackson here. Imagine that
I think Fitterer was in charge of College scouting and would have had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Flynn/T. Jackson experiments.

Yes please.
Yep.
Because Seattle fell ### backwards into Russell Wilson we should want anyone a associated with the franchise?For all the QB talk in the Eagles threads, let not forget plan A and B in Seattle involved Matt Flynn and T. Jackson here. Imagine that
Seems like a guy that would be a great hire to me

"Fitterer joined the Seahawks in 2001 as an area scout and served five seasons as western region director of college scouting before being named to his current position. In the first four drafts with Fitterer as director of college scouting, the Seahawks selected 13 starters – including the All-Pro tandem of free safety Earl Thomas (first round, 2010) and cornerback Richard Sherman (fifth round, 2011) and Pro Bowl quarterback Russell Wilson (third round, 2012)."

Tommy Lawlor recently mentioned that Fitterer is a name he's intrigued by.

"Scott Fitterer is the name that seemed most fascinating to me. He is their Director of College Scouting and has had a strong hand in helping to build a terrific roster. He knows about how they obsess on athletic ability and how that’s helped them find some late round/UDFA gems."

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Seattle fell ### backwards into Russell Wilson we should want anyone a associated with the franchise?
Yeah, why would we want anyone from the Super Bowl Champs who are about to play at home in the NFC Championship?

I agree, that would be really stupid.

ShaHBucks, on 12 Jan 2015 - 4:17 PM, said:
babydemon90, on 10 Jan 2015 - 1:59 PM, said:
jon007, on 10 Jan 2015 - 1:40 PM, said:
Deamon, on 10 Jan 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:"Seahawks director of college scouting Scott Fitterer is expected to interview this week for the Eagles GM job, per a league source"

Yes please.
Yep.
I think what is exciting about their squad is the defensive unit, specifically the DB's with the only one being a high pick being the one we passed on for Graham.

Yes please.
Yep.

"Fitterer joined the Seahawks in 2001 as an area scout and served five seasons as western region director of college scouting before being named to his current position. In the first four drafts with Fitterer as director of college scouting, the Seahawks selected 13 starters – including the All-Pro tandem of free safety Earl Thomas (first round, 2010) and cornerback Richard Sherman (fifth round, 2011) and Pro Bowl quarterback Russell Wilson (third round, 2012)."

"Scott Fitterer is the name that seemed most fascinating to me. He is their Director of College Scouting and has had a strong hand in helping to build a terrific roster. He knows about how they obsess on athletic ability and how that’s helped them find some late round/UDFA gems."
IF all of these finds are his than that does seem like a pretty decent guy IMO

Yes please.
Yep.

Even if he had a good hand in it, I think he'd be a nice upgrade.

Remember we kinda need someone young, talented, who isn't going to knock heads over a power struggle with Chip. Guy seems to like athletic fast players, knows how to build good defensive units through the draft, and a "GM" job is a big step up for him so he might not come in guns blazing. Seems perfect based on that. But again, obviously TONS of factors about him that we know nothing of yet.

Yes please.
Yep.

Even if he had a good hand in it, I think he'd be a nice upgrade.

Remember we kinda need someone young, talented, who isn't going to knock heads over a power struggle with Chip. Guy seems to like athletic fast players, knows how to build good defensive units through the draft, and a "GM" job is a big step up for him so he might not come in guns blazing. Seems perfect based on that. But again, obviously TONS of factors about him that we know nothing of yet.
I agree. My only issue is that this is not a true GM position and I can see that limiting us to people without much ambition.

One of these lines is Mariota before tonight's game. The other is Geno Smith.

68.6% Comp. Pct. with 4,121 passing yards, and 40 TD/3 INT

71.2% Comp. Pct. with 4,205 yards, and 42 TD/6 INT

Offensive ppg in 2013 was 26.8.

Offensive ppg in 2014 was 24.9.

New England's offensive ppg in 2014 was 26.9.

Denver's was 28.7.

So will having Mariota get us another 4 ppg? And if so, does that make a difference if the defense regresses as a result?

Offensive ppg in 2013 was 26.8.

Offensive ppg in 2014 was 24.9.

New England's offensive ppg in 2014 was 26.9.

Denver's was 28.7.

So will having Mariota get us another 4 ppg? And if so, does that make a difference if the defense regresses as a result?
At best he's starter quality. Even that level of play will take a few years of grooming. He's just another QB with pumped up stats from a QB friendly, simplistic, gimmicky offense. For some reason we can't get enough of these type of QBs in the draft. Upside: Kevin Kolb

Downside: Geno Smith/ Derrick Carr

The downside is not worth it(nor is the upside in my book). He's not going to take any team to another level.

I love McCoy, and would miss him and his personality....but if he was the lynchpin in a deal for Mariota, its a no brainer.

Hell, we could easily use his $12M to upgrade the OL, sign a dback, and get a reliable RB to share the load with Sproles and Polk while Mariota learns the ropes for a year or two.

Love the thread title. I wanted to wish you guys a another successful 2014 season with Dallas losing.

Hearty congrats.

Love the thread title. I wanted to wish you guys a another successful 2014 season with Dallas losing.

Hearty congrats.
The arrogant Cowboys fan from last week can't find enough tissues this week....take it like a man you lost and never should have been playing thus weekend.

Ohio State played well above what they've done all year the last 4 or 5 games but Mariota looked average last night. Obviously one game but hopefully this cools the nonsense a bit.

With Mariota's stock dropping, my worst nightmare would be for Chip taking him with Landon Collins still on the board.

With Mariota's stock dropping, my worst nightmare would be for Chip taking him with Landon Collins still on the board.
If he falls to 20, then sure. Because its Chips guy and we gave up nothing to get him. But if we have to move up inside the top 8, I'll be less than happy.

If he falls to 20, then sure. Because its Chips guy and we gave up nothing to get him. But if we have to move up inside the top 8, I'll be less than happy.
Not convinced he can make the tough throws in NFL. Rather use a first rounder on a guy who is a clear upgrade at a position of need.

Not convinced he can make the tough throws in NFL. Rather use a first rounder on a guy who is a clear upgrade at a position of need.
Me too. I'm just saying what Chip is most likely to do. I have to resign myself to the fact that he will take Mariota f he falls to the teens.

Me too. I'm just saying what Chip is most likely to do. I have to resign myself to the fact that he will take Mariota f he falls to the teens.
If Chip is as smart as everyone believes he is than he knows what Marriota is and whether or not his game translates to the NFL. Even Chip himself has removed a lot of the "college stuff" from his game over this past year. This is looking more and more like last season IMHO. I'm beginning to believe that we will have a shot at him and we will pass

If Chip is as smart as everyone believes he is than he knows what Marriota is and whether or not his game translates to the NFL. Even Chip himself has removed a lot of the "college stuff" from his game over this past year. This is looking more and more like last season IMHO. I'm beginning to believe that we will have a shot at him and we will pass
That would blow everyone's collective mind. I would love to see it. :popcorn:

I like Maclin but this is the first year he's been relatively healthy. Can we really justify 5yrs $50mil for him? I'd rather try for Demaryius or Dez.

....and will take Cardale Jones 3 rounds later to develop behind Foles.

Hey today is the day to throw it out there I guess haha.

I like Maclin but this is the first year he's been relatively healthy. Can we really justify 5yrs $50mil for him? I'd rather try for Demaryius or Dez.
Neither WR is going anywhere but this is something that always boggled my mind. If any team is going to give up picks why NOT for someone like these 2? Why not part with 2 first round picks for Dez Bryant?

I think if we lose Maclin and have positive net outflows of free agents,we'll get a third or fourth round compensatory pick.

We've gone from:

"let's trade three 1's, Cox, Foles and McCoy"

to:

"we should pass if he's there at 20"

in about 24 hours, gotta love this town.

We've gone from:

"let's trade three 1's, Cox, Foles and McCoy"

to:

"we should pass if he's there at 20"

in about 24 hours, gotta love this town.
Funniest part is the yahoos calling in and saying Mariotas a bum. Let's get that Cardel Jones. He's a stud.

Same people that bailed on Foles for Sanchez, Vick for Foles, Kolb for Vick, McNabb for Kolb and so on. They're dumb and desperate for a winner that they don't give anyone a chance to get there.

The flip side is Rob Ellis who's 110% against moving for mariota, in favor of going heavy defense. Not everyone on local radio is a bafoon.

unckeyherb said:
The flip side is Rob Ellis who's 110% against moving for mariota, in favor of going heavy defense. Not everyone on local radio is a bafoon.
Didinger also not in that camp. You can tell who the real sports guys are and who is a talk show host looking to stir the pot. Missinelli is not as flamboyant as Angelo but he does the same things.

was worried about you creating this topic and having the power to change the title to something like that :P

c'mon, you're the one sick to your stomach about too much Mariota talk, yet are inviting it in here with open arms with that title. Go back to the groceries!

unckeyherb said:
Ellis is my favorite sports talk show host in Philly. He's a combination of knowledgeable and respectful. Many of the other blowhards are clueless and just like to hear themselves talk. They will not debate a point with civility. I've never called into a sports talk show but if I did, it would be the Ellis show.

So the Fitterer thing might be on hold

Per Reuben Frank:

"Seahawks front office exec Scott Fitterer, identified over the weekend as a candidate for the Eagles’ front office vacancy, has not been contacted by the Eagles, two league sources said.

ESPN on Friday quoted sources as saying Fitterer "is expected to interview this week" for the job that opened up when owner Jeffrey Lurie restructured the Eagles’ front office, stripping general manager of personnel duties and creating a new top-level personnel job.

But four days later, the Eagles had not contacted the Seahawks requesting permission to interview Fitterer, the Seahawks’ director of college scouting.

It’s still possible the Eagles will request permission to talk to the 41-year-old Fitterer, but both sources said they don’t anticipate that happening.
"
via Jeff McClain Twitter:

#Eagles can't interview Scott Fitterer, if they so desire, until the Seahawks' season is over. Not sure how much interest is there.

Users who are viewing this thread