What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (7 Viewers)

Considering the defense is almost certainly more than a year away from making us a serious contender, I don't have a problem with starting Mariota week 1.

I'm hoping the reports of him falling are true, and it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. Read-option or running QBs are going out of style fast, and I imagine a lot of teams wouldn't see him as a good fit or as too big of a risk.

I'll admit I was a Foles believer after 2013, but he didn't look good at all in 2014. Very skittish back there. I still think he can be a servicable NFL QB, but I don't know if he's the guy that gets you a ring.

Snotbubbles, on 28 Jan 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:
GoBirds said:
GoBirds, on 27 Jan 2015 - 5:39 PM, said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Bigboy10182000, on 27 Jan 2015 - 5:30 PM, said:
Snotbubbles, on 27 Jan 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:
GoBirds, on 27 Jan 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:
CentralPA, on 27 Jan 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:CentralPA, on 27 Jan 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'd rather keep Foles and draft a QB later. I still think Nick has what it takes to be an upper echelon QB. Maybe not elite but he isn't far off from the Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan's of the league.
I agree, build around him.
You're going to have to commit ~17M per season to Foles after this year. You better be sure he's the guy.
Such an overblown stupid radio concept. 17 million per TODAY is roughly Alex Smith money and like the 10th or 12th highest salary for QB's. 2-3 years into that money where do you think that average per year would be? If he's gets the radio suggested deal of 15-17 per we would be completely fine and more than likely be able to get out of the deal after a couple seasons.
Exactly....he won't be getting a Russell Wilson deal, it would be the Andy Dalton deal with plenty of outs for the team. We can't just let every QB go once their rookie deal is up to not pay them.
Why would Foles sign an Andy Dalton deal? If the Eagles wanted to do that they would offer the deal now when Foles still has a year left on his rookie contract. Dalton signed his deal with one year remaining on his rookie contract. Instead the Eagles are going to wait until the end of this year when Foles will be 2 months from UFA. Again, why would Foles sign a team friendly deal at that point? Any agent worth his weight would advise Foles to wait and field other offers. At that point, the Eagles won't have any other viable options.

If by some miracle Foles did sign for 17M in committed cap space, that is a lot. Especially for a guy who is only healthy for 8-10 games a year. They currently stand at 92M in cap hits for 29 players in 2016. Add a Foles 17M hit and your at 109M for 30 players. That doesn't even count contracts for Maclin, Cox or Kendricks. Again, you better be sure Foles is the guy if you are committing that much space to him.
I think you are overvaluing the market for him right now and I also think he and the league knows this offense is very QB friendly. You have to pay your QB at some point though, no getting around it.
Overvaluing the QB market?? There is like 5-6 elite QB's in the world at any given moment. No such thing.

The offense hasn't been too friendly to any QB not named Foles if you asked me. Vick and Sanchez(I thought he was supposed to be the guy.. nvmd) are average passers at best, always have been and always will be. Barkley was a waste like I said from the day he was drafted. If it were true, then why would you even consider overpaying for Mariota if any QB can just come in and win us a superbowl? GJ Kinne should start then.

Trading an experienced, young, almost record setting QB just makes so much sense to me. Oh yea, while doing that go after a rookie QB who supposedly isn't ready for the NFL game yet. Philly fans will have so much patience for him as they turn the Linc upside down halfway through the season if Foles gets traded. This is going to be great.

GoBirds said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
CentralPA, on 27 Jan 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:CentralPA, on 27 Jan 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'd rather keep Foles and draft a QB later. I still think Nick has what it takes to be an upper echelon QB. Maybe not elite but he isn't far off from the Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan's of the league.
You're going to have to commit ~17M per season to Foles after this year. You better be sure he's the guy.
Such an overblown stupid radio concept. 17 million per TODAY is roughly Alex Smith money and like the 10th or 12th highest salary for QB's. 2-3 years into that money where do you think that average per year would be? If he's gets the radio suggested deal of 15-17 per we would be completely fine and more than likely be able to get out of the deal after a couple seasons.
Exactly....he won't be getting a Russell Wilson deal, it would be the Andy Dalton deal with plenty of outs for the team. We can't just let every QB go once their rookie deal is up to not pay them.
Why would Foles sign an Andy Dalton deal? If the Eagles wanted to do that they would offer the deal now when Foles still has a year left on his rookie contract. Dalton signed his deal with one year remaining on his rookie contract. Instead the Eagles are going to wait until the end of this year when Foles will be 2 months from UFA. Again, why would Foles sign a team friendly deal at that point? Any agent worth his weight would advise Foles to wait and field other offers. At that point, the Eagles won't have any other viable options.

If by some miracle Foles did sign for 17M in committed cap space, that is a lot. Especially for a guy who is only healthy for 8-10 games a year. They currently stand at 92M in cap hits for 29 players in 2016. Add a Foles 17M hit and your at 109M for 30 players. That doesn't even count contracts for Maclin, Cox or Kendricks. Again, you better be sure Foles is the guy if you are committing that much space to him.
I think you are overvaluing the market for him right now and I also think he and the league knows this offense is very QB friendly. You have to pay your QB at some point though, no getting around it.
Overvaluing the QB market?? There is like 5-6 elite QB's in the world at any given moment. No such thing.

The offense hasn't been too friendly to any QB not named Foles if you asked me. Vick and Sanchez(I thought he was supposed to be the guy.. nvmd) are average passers at best, always have been and always will be. Barkley was a waste like I said from the day he was drafted. If it were true, then why would you even consider overpaying for Mariota if any QB can just come in and win us a superbowl? GJ Kinne should start then.

Trading an experienced, young, almost record setting QB just makes so much sense to me. Oh yea, while doing that go after a rookie QB who supposedly isn't ready for the NFL game yet. Philly fans will have so much patience for him as they turn the Linc upside down halfway through the season if Foles gets traded. This is going to be great.
Not really sure where you are coming from, I'm behind keeping Foles 100%. If you think he is getting a Russell Wilson type deal though you are out of touch. He will be in a Kap/Dalton type range, the guys that have shown some good things but don't have a ring or a long track record of being elite.

GoBirds said:
Bigboy10182000 said:

There is a good chance that if he is playing very well during the season then he might hold off to see what better option/money he can get somewhere else when he hits FA but to me he doesn't seem like a guy who wants top dollar. He seems like a guy that wants fair compensation but wants to play for a team that can win. We've seen what he can do with a stable line which hopefully from the start he will have. Mortgaging a bunch of draft picks plus Foles for Mariota, while I like what I have seen, is a HUMONGOUS gamble that can set a team back years if it doesn't work. We've seen what Nick can do and we've seen his faults, but I think the guy is good enough that once this team gets the secondary right they're a SB contender.
I think we are on the same page, we can contend for a Superbowl if Foles can develop into a Rivers or Flacco type and build around him......we don't need to dump him now because he's not Peyton Manning.

Jeff McLane‏@Jeff_McLane11 mins11 minutes ago

#Eagles name Ed Marynowitz vice president of player personnel thus ending Chip Kelly's search for a personnel executive.

Jeff McLane‏@Jeff_McLane8 mins8 minutes ago

Marynowitz is 30 and has been the #Eagles' associate director of player personnel for the last year. Howie Roseman hired him from Alabama.

Chip Kelly on Ed Marynowitz: pic.twitter.com/uHYscnqt75

Jeff McLane‏@Jeff_McLane5m5 minutes ago

As Kelly alluded, Marynowitz impressed him initially at his 1st interview. #Eagles had Marynowitz give a presentation on hiring assistants.

Last edited by a moderator:
smells like a consolation prize to me. If they felt like the best guy for the job was in house they wouldn't have courted so many others. Oh well, I'm just glad this chapter is done.

I like the hire. I'm just glad that the (asst) GM job is filled and we can move on to FA & the combine.

Get us some quality DBs Marynowitz!

smells like a consolation prize to me. If they felt like the best guy for the job was in house they wouldn't have courted so many others. Oh well, I'm just glad this chapter is done.
The issue seemed to be the guys position with us. Apparently because this position didnt involve any say over the final roster that teams could just block anyone from interviewing and many did. According to a couple reports, he really wanted a guy from Houston who ended up being promoted but probably would have been blocked as well.

I believe it's Chip doing his due dilligence to explore the landscape to be sure. It's been the way he's done things throughout his career. Leave no stone unturned. Which is smart. From what I keep hearing about this guy, for even how young he is, he is a great evaluator of talent. It showed when he was with Alabama. I'm excited to see what he and Chip can bring in.

He's from a college football factory

Marynowitz, 32, was born in Media but was a high school star quarterback at Pope John Paul II High in Boca Raton, Florida. He returned to Philly, where he was a record-setting all-America quarterback at La Salle University back when the Explorers had a football program in the early 2000s.
Go Explorers!

I believe it's Chip doing his due dilligence to explore the landscape to be sure. It's been the way he's done things throughout his career. Leave no stone unturned. Which is smart. From what I keep hearing about this guy, for even how young he is, he is a great evaluator of talent. It showed when he was with Alabama. I'm excited to see what he and Chip can bring in.
I hope you're right-probably are. I admittedly don't know much about the guy, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot over the next few months. Lets get it going! Only 10 months till the draft.

I hope you're right-probably are. I admittedly don't know much about the guy, but I'm sure I'll learn a lot over the next few months. Lets get it going! Only 10 months till the draft.
Adam Kaplan gave the guy high praise. Said he's is well respected in league circles and that if Philly didn't promote him he would be poached by another club.

Some reports that Tampa is eyeing up MM at #1. This either means we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting him, or they want to build interest and trade the pick.

Some reports that Tampa is eyeing up MM at #1. This either means we have absolutely ZERO chance of getting him, or they want to build interest and trade the pick.
I for one am shocked that Tampa would take the top QB prospect when they have a #1 pick. Shocked.

I for one am shocked that Tampa would take the top QB prospect when they have a #1 pick. Shocked.
Well many people saw him slipping down to the 4-10 range, and JW going #1, so it is a bit of a surprise that they want to take him there.

Considering you don't think MM is worthy of a top 5 pick, I'd say its pretty shocking for you :P

It's both right now.

Of course he's on their preliminary #1 pick list (along with Jameis, best WR, best defensive guy & best OL). It's too early though for them to have locked in yet (no combine or pro day yet).

I think there's a low but very real possibility that Tampa passes on QB entirely. In a sense, the "clock" doesn't start for a new coach until they pick their QB. It can buy a coach more time if they don't love the available choices. I'm sure Tampa fans would hate this but it would be entertaining for everyone else.

Well many people saw him slipping down to the 4-10 range, and JW going #1, so it is a bit of a surprise that they want to take him there.Considering you don't think MM is worthy of a top 5 pick, I'd say its pretty shocking for you :P
I never said he wasn't going in the top 5. I said he wasn't worth 3+ first rounders and whatever else we'd need to get him.

It's both right now.

Of course he's on their preliminary #1 pick list (along with Jameis, best WR, best defensive guy & best OL). It's too early though for them to have locked in yet (no combine or pro day yet).

I think there's a low but very real possibility that Tampa passes on QB entirely. In a sense, the "clock" doesn't start for a new coach until they pick their QB. It can buy a coach more time if they don't love the available choices. I'm sure Tampa fans would hate this but it would be entertaining for everyone else.
Lovies already been there a year. That wouldn't be allowed as an excuse.

I don't think Tampa will take a QB at #1 even if they get stuck with it. The #1 pick doesn't have the same value like it did 2012. IMO the Eagles are playing the only card that gives them a realistic chance a drafting MM. The Eagles will create a huge want for MM leading up to draft day. By making it public many teams may not do their due diligence on MM thinking he will go to the Eagles. On draft day the Eagles will let MM slide until they are comfortable with the trade up to get him. I'm thinking the Eagles will have to trade with the Jets if they really want MM. It also depends on if Winston is there then the Jets draft Winston. Then the Eagles would need to trade with the Rams to get MM. Winston is the unicorn in the draft for us getting MM. We need him to fall a bit.

Who was going to come here and accept being Chip's gopher boy?

Billy Bats said:
Who was going to come here and accept being Chip's gopher boy?
Anyone currently without a GM job for whom even an Assistant GM position is move up the career ladder.

@SheilKapadia: Chip Kelly makes a few more changes to finalize his coaching staff going into 2015: http://t.co/iEfRNbA3gR

Chip Kelly and the Eagles announced more changes to their coaching staff today.

The team has brought on Princeton inside linebackers coach Stephen Thomas as defensive quality control coach. Meanwhile, assistant special teams coach Matthew Harper is now the assistant defensive backs coach. And Michael Clay moves from defensive quality control coach to assistant special teams coach.

Thomas, 31, spent the past three seasons at Princeton. The Brooklyn, N.Y. native played defensive back at the University of Buffalo. He coached at Cortland from 2007 to 2008 before moving on to the University of Delaware, where he coached the linebackers and secondary for two seasons.

In 2011, Thomas coached at Southern Mississippi.

Earlier this offseason, the Eagles added Ryan Day to coach the quarterbacks. Bill Musgrave left to become the Oakland Raiders' offensive coordinator.

Justin Peelle was named tight ends coach, and Ted Williams moved into the scouting department. Cory Undlin was named the defensive backs coach, while John Lovett was moved into scouting.

Barring something unforeseen, it appears that Kelly's staff is now complete. Here are all the names:

Offense

Pat Shurmur - offensive coordinator
Ryan Day - quarterbacks coach
Duce Staley - running backs coach
Bob Bicknell - wide receivers coach
Jeff Stoutland - offensive line coach
Justin Peelle - tight ends coach
Greg Austin - assistant offensive line coach
Press Taylor - offensive quality control coach

Defense

Billy Davis - defensive coordinator
Jerry Azzinaro - assistant head coach/defensive line coach
Bill McGovern - outside linebackers coach
Rick Minter - inside linebackers coach
Cory Undlin - defensive backs coach
Matthew Harper - assistant defensive backs coach
Mike Dawson - assistant defensive line coach
Stephen Thomas - defensive quality control coach

Special teams/strength

Dave Fipp - special teams coordinator
Michael Clay - assistant special teams coach
Shaun Huls - sports science coordinator
Josh Hingst - strength and conditioning coach
Quadrian Banks - assistant strength and conditioning coach
Keith Gray - assistant strength and conditioning coach

dhockster said:
Anybody who doesn't expect Nick Foles to be the Eagles opening day QB is delusional.
By the way, where is Delusional? He seems to post a whole lot less since the Eagles fired Reid. I miss his glass-is-half-empty take on everything.
Half empty? The glass was always empty and shattered according to him.

dhockster said:
Anybody who doesn't expect Nick Foles to be the Eagles opening day QB is delusional.
By the way, where is Delusional? He seems to post a whole lot less since the Eagles fired Reid. I miss his glass-is-half-empty take on everything.
Half empty? The glass was always empty and shattered according to him.
That's like my sister. If you asked her whether a glass was half empty or half full, she would tell you she didn't even get a glass.

Eagles' Marcus Smith answers critics, has a chip on his shoulder after disappointing rookie season

February 08, 2015 at 8:28 AM

By the time it was over, Eagles linebacker Marcus Smith's rookie season became a bit of a punchline.

The 26th selection of the 2014 draft out of Louisville played in just 74 defensive snaps and was used even more sparingly on special teams faced criticism from all angles in a forgettable first NFL season.

While he says that he tries to block out the outside noise, Smith took ownership of the criticism during an interview with myself and Joe Staszak Saturday afternoon on 97.5 FM The Fanatic in Philadelphia.

"I'm kind of blind to all that stuff," Smith said. "The first time I heard about criticism was when the media or somebody brings it up [to me]. I usually don't look at newspaper clippings, listen to radio shows or even what the media says.

"Again, you can't get caught up with that stuff, especially when you know what's going on on the inside. I know that the coaches are coaching me up, training me up to be able to play and be a playmaker at that position."

Just this week, former Eagles assistant coach Tra Thomas said that the 6-foot-3, 253 pound Smith had the body type of a 'high school athlete or college athlete,' which seems to gel with head coach Chip Kelly's repeated assessment that he needs to see more consistency from him in practice.

Smith said Saturday that that analysis of where his career currently stands isn't anything new to him.

"What I'll say is ... Tra was right," Smith said. "My body type has to change. I can't look like a quarterback forever. That's what I used to play. I'm still, during the season trying to look like that type. Right now I'm 265 [pounds], I'm really eating well, trying to maintain that weight ... I'm running with that weight and I'm feeling really good right now.

"Everything that Tra has said, he's already told me before. When he says that,It's just the truth. I just have to get bigger and stronger and be productive at that weight so the coaches can be impressed."

After a season in which he started the year at outside linebacker and then shifted inside once DeMeco Ryans suffered a season-ending injury and depth at the position was tested, Smith says that he expects to return to the outside linebacker position in 2015.

Smith is spending his offseason working out in Atlanta Georgia under the tutelage of Chuck Smith working on his pass rushing techniques and former John Lewis (brother of former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns running back Jamaal Lewis) on his footwork.

"I just want to come back ready to go the right way," Smith said. "I'm feeling good and I just want to have the opportunity to showcase my talent. I think last year was a very good learning experience for me. It gave me a chip on my shoulder coming into this year."

In order to improve on a season that resulted in limited playing time without even registering a tackle, Smith says he knows what he needs to do to at the very least get into the rotation at linebacker.

"To be honest," Smith said. "I'm really hungry and I can't wait to get back around the guys and be able to show again what I'm all about. It's not about anything else. It's about my teammates and the team. Chip is great. I just want to play well for him.

"Just make plays. Go out there and be the difference maker. You have to go out there and play the game. Beat be disruptive. Don't be passive. You can know everything that the coaches tell you but at the same time, just don't think about it. I think that's the key to staying on the field and staying on this team."

Eagles' Marcus Smith answers critics, has a chip on his shoulder after disappointing rookie season

February 08, 2015 at 8:28 AM

By the time it was over, Eagles linebacker Marcus Smith's rookie season became a bit of a punchline.

The 26th selection of the 2014 draft out of Louisville played in just 74 defensive snaps and was used even more sparingly on special teams faced criticism from all angles in a forgettable first NFL season.

While he says that he tries to block out the outside noise, Smith took ownership of the criticism during an interview with myself and Joe Staszak Saturday afternoon on 97.5 FM The Fanatic in Philadelphia.

"I'm kind of blind to all that stuff," Smith said. "The first time I heard about criticism was when the media or somebody brings it up [to me]. I usually don't look at newspaper clippings, listen to radio shows or even what the media says.

"Again, you can't get caught up with that stuff, especially when you know what's going on on the inside. I know that the coaches are coaching me up, training me up to be able to play and be a playmaker at that position."

Just this week, former Eagles assistant coach Tra Thomas said that the 6-foot-3, 253 pound Smith had the body type of a 'high school athlete or college athlete,' which seems to gel with head coach Chip Kelly's repeated assessment that he needs to see more consistency from him in practice.

Smith said Saturday that that analysis of where his career currently stands isn't anything new to him.

"What I'll say is ... Tra was right," Smith said. "My body type has to change. I can't look like a quarterback forever. That's what I used to play. I'm still, during the season trying to look like that type. Right now I'm 265 [pounds], I'm really eating well, trying to maintain that weight ... I'm running with that weight and I'm feeling really good right now.

"Everything that Tra has said, he's already told me before. When he says that,It's just the truth. I just have to get bigger and stronger and be productive at that weight so the coaches can be impressed."

After a season in which he started the year at outside linebacker and then shifted inside once DeMeco Ryans suffered a season-ending injury and depth at the position was tested, Smith says that he expects to return to the outside linebacker position in 2015.

Smith is spending his offseason working out in Atlanta Georgia under the tutelage of Chuck Smith working on his pass rushing techniques and former John Lewis (brother of former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns running back Jamaal Lewis) on his footwork.

"I just want to come back ready to go the right way," Smith said. "I'm feeling good and I just want to have the opportunity to showcase my talent. I think last year was a very good learning experience for me. It gave me a chip on my shoulder coming into this year."

In order to improve on a season that resulted in limited playing time without even registering a tackle, Smith says he knows what he needs to do to at the very least get into the rotation at linebacker.

"To be honest," Smith said. "I'm really hungry and I can't wait to get back around the guys and be able to show again what I'm all about. It's not about anything else. It's about my teammates and the team. Chip is great. I just want to play well for him.

"Just make plays. Go out there and be the difference maker. You have to go out there and play the game. Beat be disruptive. Don't be passive. You can know everything that the coaches tell you but at the same time, just don't think about it. I think that's the key to staying on the field and staying on this team."
The pessimist in me says that sounds like a guy who does not have what it takes to be very productive in the NFL.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him put a lot of muscle on. If he puts on 12-15 pounds of muscle, he probably had some "help". I think you can only expect to add about a pound of muscle if you're eating and working out the right way. I have high hopes for him this year, but I don't think he gets a chance to show what he can do. Eagles probably sign Worilds and put Smith on a plan to start in 2-3 years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him put a lot of muscle on. If he puts on 12-15 pounds of muscle, he probably had some "help". I think you can only expect to add about a pound of muscle if you're eating and working out the right way. I have high hopes for him this year, but I don't think he gets a chance to show what he can do. Eagles probably sign Worilds and put Smith on a plan to start in 2-3 years.
That's ok, we'll take 1 Merriman season, try to get a super bowl, and then get rid of him.

And what is he talking about having a chip on his shoulder? Any criticism he got is totally warranted. I guess he just doesn't know how to use the expression, but if true, I would question his perception of the situation.

How about some draft talk to liven up this thread?

In the Shark Pool Mock Draft, JetMaxx has us taking Vic Beasley in the first and Cody Prewitt in the 2nd.

The only safeties in this draft I like for us is Eric Rowe (Utah) and Kurtis Drummond(MSU). I think Drummond is mocking in the 2nd and Rowe is mocking in the fourth. Like Landon Collins, Prewitt is more of a hitter and has limited coverage ability. I think we try and double up on the Jenkins skillset with guys who can cover and have a history of man-to-man abilities and can cover the Tight End in the slot. It's a reason I really like McCourty (if he makes it to free agency) and Drummond/Rowe.

At OLB, I don't think we take one in the first round in this draft, but if we do, I think we look at Bud Dupree. He's a graduating senior that grades out really high at a culture level. At OLB, we want to double up on the Barwin skillset and coverage is a huge need that's lacking on the Graham/Cole side. Beasley has elite athleticism and snap off the ball, but he's not someone that I think will excel in coverage and I haven't seen him play in space. Dupree lined up against wide receivers at times. He's played end, outside linebacker, and plays really well in space and can cover. If we don't sign someone like Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, or Brooks Reed in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised if Bud Dupree was someone we targeted.

I'm also a big fan of picking Eric Kendricks if he's on the board at 20. Not a big fan of McKinney, doesn't look too great in space. Perryman could be really good, but I think he's too short for this regime that cares deeply about measurables.

La'el Collins is another guy that I think we should take if he falls (he didn't fall in the mock draft).

I'm also a fan of the LSU corner, Jalen Collins. He was mocking in the 2nd/3rd for a while, but now he's going in the late first in a lot of mocks. He is the guy at LSU practices that was supposedly, the only person who could lock Odell Beckahm down.

In the Shark Pool Mock Draft, JetMaxx has us taking Vic Beasley in the first and Cody Prewitt in the 2nd.

The only safeties in this draft I like for us is Eric Rowe (Utah) and Kurtis Drummond(MSU). I think Drummond is mocking in the 2nd and Rowe is mocking in the fourth. Like Landon Collins, Prewitt is more of a hitter and has limited coverage ability. I think we try and double up on the Jenkins skillset with guys who can cover and have a history of man-to-man abilities and can cover the Tight End in the slot. It's a reason I really like McCourty (if he makes it to free agency) and Drummond/Rowe.

At OLB, I don't think we take one in the first round in this draft, but if we do, I think we look at Bud Dupree. He's a graduating senior that grades out really high at a culture level. At OLB, we want to double up on the Barwin skillset and coverage is a huge need that's lacking on the Graham/Cole side. Beasley has elite athleticism and snap off the ball, but he's not someone that I think will excel in coverage and I haven't seen him play in space. Dupree lined up against wide receivers at times. He's played end, outside linebacker, and plays really well in space and can cover. If we don't sign someone like Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, or Brooks Reed in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised if Bud Dupree was someone we targeted.

I'm also a big fan of picking Eric Kendricks if he's on the board at 20. Not a big fan of McKinney, doesn't look too great in space. Perryman could be really good, but I think he's too short for this regime that cares deeply about measurables.

La'el Collins is another guy that I think we should take if he falls (he didn't fall in the mock draft).

I'm also a fan of the LSU corner, Jalen Collins. He was mocking in the 2nd/3rd for a while, but now he's going in the late first in a lot of mocks. He is the guy at LSU practices that was supposedly, the only person who could lock Odell Beckahm down.
Hadn't been paying much attention to the Mock Draft thread but I hope the real thing doesn't go down like it did in the SP Mock. Waynes, Collins (Landon and La'ell), Peters, Mariota (joking), all of the gone before the Eagles pick. That would absolute suck if that happened but Dupree or Beasley would be the best available most likely. Kendricks could be considered a slight reach right now at 20 but if he's anything like his brother I'd love the pick.

Drummond I am assuming will go 2nd through the 4th. Would be OK grabbing him. Tall and fast CB.

CentralPA said:
Late225 said:

Hadn't been paying much attention to the Mock Draft thread but I hope the real thing doesn't go down like it did in the SP Mock. Waynes, Collins (Landon and La'ell), Peters, Mariota (joking), all of the gone before the Eagles pick. That would absolute suck if that happened but Dupree or Beasley would be the best available most likely. Kendricks could be considered a slight reach right now at 20 but if he's anything like his brother I'd love the pick.Drummond I am assuming will go 2nd through the 4th. Would be OK grabbing him. Tall and fast CB.
Exactly. That last win is going to hurt us big time in the draft. Thanks Chipper

I've also seen us taking Landon Collins, Shaq Thompson, and PJ Williams.

CentralPA said:
Late225 said:

Hadn't been paying much attention to the Mock Draft thread but I hope the real thing doesn't go down like it did in the SP Mock. Waynes, Collins (Landon and La'ell), Peters, Mariota (joking), all of the gone before the Eagles pick. That would absolute suck if that happened but Dupree or Beasley would be the best available most likely. Kendricks could be considered a slight reach right now at 20 but if he's anything like his brother I'd love the pick.Drummond I am assuming will go 2nd through the 4th. Would be OK grabbing him. Tall and fast CB.
Exactly. That last win is going to hurt us big time in the draft. Thanks Chipper
Eh...what difference would it have made. Two spots? I don't think any good coach would want to lose on purpose but yeah...9-7 is still a winning record.

Late225 said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
I can't really get behind the draft stuff now with the way the nfl is with FA coming first.
Let's talk free agency?
Byron Maxwell and Devin mcCourty, it'd be a party in my pants if they signed those two. There are quite a few DEs available if they let BG walk. Just saw he is looking for 4 yrs 30 mill. Don't think he is coming back.

CentralPA said:
Late225 said:

Eh...what difference would it have made. Two spots? I don't think any good coach would want to lose on purpose but yeah...9-7 is still a winning record.
5 spots

CentralPA said:
Late225 said:

5 spots
Damn it Chip what the #### were you thinking!?!?!?!?! :D

CentralPA said:
Late225 said:

5 spots
There were only Four 9-7 teams, so even if we lost all tie breakers, we'd move up 4 spots to #16 (still behind san fran's pick #15 at 8-8) Buffalo, SD, and KC all have better SOS's then us so we would have leaped over them. Houston's is worse, so we wouldn't have passed them.

Had we lost to the Giants, we would have been picking at #17.

Late225 said:

If that's true than he's the guy I want in the first.

Users who are viewing this thread