What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (14 Viewers)

I feel a bit like @ChiefD's protege today... I've been to a few stores, including buying tools from the hardware store and then cut down  bushes from the front of my house. I'm spent! 
Good man. I had a light day today. Run in the morning, then farmers market, then convenience store, then mowed my lawn. I did use one shovel today to pick up dog turds.

Now drinking beer in front of a fire watching sports.  :banned:

Good man. I had a light day today. Run in the morning, then farmers market, then convenience store, then mowed my lawn. I did use one shovel today to pick up dog turds.

Now drinking beer in front of a fire watching sports.  :banned:
How can a fire watch sports?

Pick up your word turds, man.  With a shovel.

Look guys. I know you think it’s all funny and all giving me a hard time about the shovels. And that’s fine. But the shovel represents more than just a functional tool to me.

The shovel represents hope. The shovel can dig you out of any situation. The shovel can be responsible for planting sustenance, which then can sustain life.

The humble shovel can build a foundation, both physically and emotionally, to create a home for body and soul. The shovel can even create humor and bring laughter when one steps on one end and cracks themselves in the forehead.

Each man needs a shovel. Civilizations were built by beginning with a shovel. Our soldiers relied on a common shovel to dig a foxhole to save their lives during war time, allowing them to walk back into their homes to a relieved family.  A shovel can keep your family safe during snowy and icy conditions, thus saving frantic drives to the emergency room for broken hips or cracked skulls.

Give a man a shovel, and you give him a means to provide for his family. It gives him pride because he knows with that shovel and a flask of water he can go far in this world.

Shovels don’t argue politics on Facebook - as a matter of fact if people went outside and used their shovels, there would be less strife and arguments In the world. Shovels only care about the hands that wield it’s potential.

So get out there. Dig a hole. Scoop some snow. Shovel up turds so your kids can prance barefoot through the fall grasses.

And for those of you who must scoff at the lowly shovel, I challenge you to look deep into your soul and see if YOU are worthy of a shovel.

In the meantime, leave me and my fuc.king shovels alone.

60 mile mark in 14:05, so if accurate his last 8 miles were at just over an 18min/mile pace.  If he keeps that pace up  he’ll finish somewhere between 26-27 hours.   :thumbup:   Hopefully he’s not dealing with any major issues as he heads into the night.  

60 mile mark in 14:05, so if accurate his last 8 miles were at just over an 18min/mile pace.  If he keeps that pace up  he’ll finish somewhere between 26-27 hours.   :thumbup:   Hopefully he’s not dealing with any major issues as he heads into the night.  
Go Bass!

Not to be. 

Never had knee pain but both knees went to hell around mile 50. Like a needle into the outside every step. They came back around mile 55 for a bit but down the pooper right before mile 60. Pace slowed to where I wasn’t good to make it so I dropped down to the 100k at mile 80

not used to the cold and it took 30 miles for the legs to warm up

got Behind on my fluids and my second pee of the day at mile 50 was red. Hope that was the morning beet juice and not something internal. That dissuaded me from take any Advil  well I fixed that and was soon having to stop to pee every 30 min  wasn’t long after that the stomach went and mile 72 became a puke fest

thanks to all for the sweat  time for some sleep 

Eighty miles is a hell of a run @BassNBrew .  It sucks to hear, but it sounds like you made the right call.  No sense in causing any long term issues just to finish.  Rest up and be proud.  I’ll double back on your “red pee” and Advil comments when I get my ### around to posting a Superior race report, hopefully this week.

@BassNBrew, I know you're disappointed.  Sorry that your body didn't align with your mental bad-assery today.  Hopefully you still feel up to a RR.  Powering through the last 30 miles with your knee pain is worth sharing and I'd love to know how you did it.  

I always have red pee after the beet juice, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there.  

Hopefully you're getting a good long sleep right now, you #BMF.  

2:21:02 in Chicago back in 2016.  Not sure if he was expecting the same or better.
I'm sure he trained more than he has recorded, but given the time he took off to tend to injury I suspect he's satisfied. I wonder if he has his sights set on a QT in spring.

Users who are viewing this thread