What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (12 Viewers)

I just put in my 1st entry for fun.  Only a 40 min run and without any sun really as I did it early this morning.  I plan on getting back out again today and do it again when it's hotter so we can see if there's a difference. 
Threw one in there as well. 

I joined Strava a few years ago but went dark on training so really just became active recently. Pretty sure you aren't looking at my Strava. Tri-Man just started following me and my last activity was a Zwift Fondo Taper. (Doing a Swift VR into Champs Elysees today...how cool its that?!)
I'll look for you on Zwift, that's pretty much where all my rides take place right now. If you see a goofy looking guy in a hat and shades start following you, that's me.

Not gonna lie.  There are at least 20 guys in the Strava group that I have absolutely no idea who they are.  :shrug:

@Ned - Get to work on updating that list, would ya?
I told the bike guys to sign up so there might be some new faces from that group. Screw running, you guys are ####### crazy  :excited:

I can't get my watch to charge.  Any tricks besides trying to clean the connectors? I think I might have to fire up the 910xt.  And maybe be in the market for a new watch.

Finished the steroid regimen today.  Zero impact.  In fact, I think my butt feels worse.

New NSAID (Meloxicam) starts tonight.  Fingers crossed.

Did weights this morning out of desperation.  Really should have been doing that all week, but given all that's been going-on, my motivation was at an all-time low.

Finished the steroid regimen today.  Zero impact.  In fact, I think my butt feels worse.

Did weights this morning out of desperation.  Really should have been doing that all week, but given all that's been going-on, my motivation was at an all-time low.
Are you planning to go to physical therapy?

It's been exactly two months since I started running again, starting with a couple of 3-mile runs during Memorial Day weekend. Helped by the heat, which makes it nearly impossible to run hard, I've been steadily building up my base with lots of easy, comfortable miles, up to 38 miles last week and on-schedule for 42 this week.

Yesterday at the end of my 5-miler, I decided it was time to push it a little and cracked an 8:00 minute mile (by 2 seconds) for the first time since resuming. 

Today's recovery run - sore and very stiff right calf. Lesson - I am an idiot. 

I don't know why I had to mess with something that was working so well. Universe, if you let this just be a little overuse soreness and not an injury, I promise not to run another hard mile until I've lost 8 more pounds and run consecutive 50-mile weeks without injury.

I never run with other people, but I went with a coworker this morning.  She moved here from So. Carolina just a few months before shelter-in-place, so I told her I'd be happy to show her some of the local trails and we finally got around to it.  She's fit (yoga, pole dancing, hiking) but hasn't been running much at all, and I gotta say it was kind of an ego boost to run and hike with someone slower than me.  It's just hard to find anyone that meets that criteria.

I never run with other people, but I went with a coworker this morning.  She moved here from So. Carolina just a few months before shelter-in-place, so I told her I'd be happy to show her some of the local trails and we finally got around to it.  She's fit (yoga, pole dancing, hiking) but hasn't been running much at all, and I gotta say it was kind of an ego boost to run and hike with someone slower than me.  It's just hard to find anyone that meets that criteria.
go on...

Well that banana and extra sleep was not worth it for what that noon run just felt like. Sucked so bad I had to oldschool upload that ####. 

4m recovery run this morning- same mild weather as yesterday.

After the post poison week off last week, my legs just want to go. Had to really concentrate to stay slower, and still should've been even slower. Stupid legs.

@gianmarco Saw this on the Facebook, not sure if appealing for the Mrs Yan

❗️Attention❗️ Last Chance BQ.2 hopefuls! We have a VERY LIMITED number of spots open for the Last Chance BQ.2 Marathon on September 12. If you're interested in one of these spots, please send us an email at info@bq2races.com and include your age at the time of Boston 2021.

No 34-yo pole dancers for me :sadbanana: but a good friend of mine did rope me into meeting up with him this morning for a 12-mile trail run. My legs are still kinda tired from my 16 on Thursday, and it's gonna be warm, and I wasn't planning on running that far today, but I don't get a lot of chances to see my friends lately with Covid and the wife being pregnant, so I figured I'll suck it up and get 'er done. Back home afterwards for pool and beers and burgers. 

PS: Dated a girl 6-7 years ago who was in her 20s and took pole dancing classes. Actually helped her install a pole in her living room. Good times...

I'm sure a few of you know the name Tommy Rivers Puzey, a super talented runner in Flagstaff.  He's been posting on his Instagram from a hospital, where's he's been for a couple of weeks with COVID-like symptoms (it doesn't seem like he's tested positive, but that's not clear in what I've seen).  He took a turn for the worse the last 24 hours and is now on a ventilator, and apparently not responding well.  

If you're not familiar with him, here's a quick read from Matt Fitzgerald https://www.8020endurance.com/the-most-interesting-runner-in-the-world/, an excerpt:

There's a Go Fund Me linked on the above page for medical costs.  Just brutal, one of the fittest dudes on the planet barely hanging on to life with his lungs just ravaged.
Been following Rivs and his crew for updates, hoping he'd be getting better. Unfortunately it looks like a terrible diagnosis of a rare form of leukemia. The more you read about this guy the more you love him and here's to hoping he can make it through. #### cancer.

gruecd said:
My socks and shoes are literally SOAKED after every single run.  I run shirtless, so it doesn't take long at all for my shorts to get soaked with sweat which then just drips down my legs to my socks and shoes. :shrug:
Some of you guys literally having a wick-measuring contest in here?

Zasada said:

Take advantage of this time not running then most importantly, sustain it.

Living that wired upload life.

Didn’t realize the pilots and boating impacts of this, a bit more intense in those settings. 

Users who are viewing this thread