Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

48 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I realized over the weekend that when I engage people asking for money (homeless or otherwise), I always reply with "buddy" but for other people who aren't asking for money, I either say "ma'am" or "sir" or skip it. 

"buddy"... like they're pets. I know it's not as nefarious as that... but occurred to me that my response shouldn't be any different regardless.

that is all.

both of my projects are in major lull/non-architect energy needed right now. so I've done #### all today.

Way to be self-aware, buddy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Way to be self-aware, buddy.

normally I'd have this thought and forget it after a couple days of work. or a squirrel.

with not much cooking at work, it's just kinda set in there. so I'll try to change it up... like not touching my face all the time because of the beer flu.

17 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Will bostonfred be in here soon to analyze my dreams as proof yet again of my latent homosexuality?

Hmmm....Objectively, this sounds like you're looking for a date.  So, I'm not sure it's as latent as you're imagining.  NTTAWWT.

(Oh, and congrats on your impending big, gay, retirement.  Where should I send the glitter?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Hmmm....Objectively, this sounds like you're looking for a date.  So, I'm not sure it's as latent as you're imagining.  NTTAWWT.

(Oh, and congrats on your impending big, gay, retirement.  Where should I send the glitter?)

Send him something from here in my hood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Send him something from here in my hood.

I hesitated just a little before clicking on Shop Treats. But sign me up for a Salty Pimp. Or anything involving dulce de leche, Big and Gay or otherwise.

Can you send an 11 year old to military school?  Asking for a friend

• Like 1

I’m at a Mellow Mushroom in College Park about a mile from Hartsfield Airport. Definitely not a pedestrian friendly area. At least the airport was empty for the most part. 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:45 PM, eoMMan said:

Do you go back to a restaurant a third time if the first two experiences were split?

We went to a Korean BBQ place a few weeks back and it was fantastic.  Great service, very tasty food, good cuts of steak, etc etc.  This was on a Friday or a Saturday.  Went back a second time recently on a weekday night and it was a major let down.  We had slower service, worse food, etc.

Was it a weekday vs. weekend type of thing?

Do you try a place again if the first two times were hit and miss?

yes

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Actually I'd call and ask for the manager or owner. I would tell him my experience and ask if there was a different chef on the second visit? They should want to fix it and should take your call to heart and tighten up the ship. I would jot be rude or accusatory. You just want to return when the food is good.

And if they don't fix it, tell them you won't be bibbimback

Edited by cosjobs

Staying in Jackson hole an extra night. They oversold the flight. $800 each in vouchers. So, $2400. Winning!  

• Like 5

These Captain and Diets are not getting it done. It's Rumple Minze time. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Shots of half Jack Daniels, half Rumpleminze ftw

8 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Staying in Jackson hole an extra night. They oversold the flight. $800 each in vouchers. So, $2400. Winning!  

Pretty sure the locals hate when people call it Jackson Hole instead of Jackson.

7 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Pretty sure the locals hate when people call it Jackson Hole instead of Jackson.

Add everyone else in WY too. 

3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Well, that worked. And after buying a couple of shots of Fireball, I got a gal's phone number too. :bowtie:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

🤢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

They prefer "The Hole"

I have seen this Reyes Ancho Chili Liqueur for awhile but didn't see it anywhere locally.  My local liquor store finally ordered it for me - it's supposed to be in this Thursday - thinking of mixing it with my Jack and Diet Cokes.  

Will report back.  

• Like 1

On 8/15/2015 at 7:38 AM, Dan Lambskin said:

Because they don't want SARS :shrug:

they were ahead of the curve, imo

On 3/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, Osaurus said:

I’m at a Mellow Mushroom in College Park about a mile from Hartsfield Airport. Definitely not a pedestrian friendly area. At least the airport was empty for the most part. 

What's a Mellow Mushroom?

On 3/7/2020 at 10:13 PM, Mr.Pack said:

Just go with Jack Fire

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

What's a Mellow Mushroom?

Stoner fungus?

Edited by Osaurus

Seeing The Strokes in Seattle tonight.  Probably gonna get infected, but they sound really good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

Seeing The Strokes in Seattle tonight.  Probably gonna get infected, but they sound really good.

you and princess cruise krista can "quarantine" together...... :pickle:  

and this whole empty plane thing, by the way, is complete horse ####.  my flights on sunday were packed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

you and princess cruise krista can "quarantine" together...... :pickle:  

and this whole empty plane thing, by the way, is complete horse ####.  my flights on sunday were packed.

My MIA -> MSP today was oversold, but MSP -> SEA had a ton of empty seats.  Maybe people don’t want to come here.

Also, in four hours in MIA and 2.5 hours in MSP I didn’t see a single mask, but within a few feet of deplaning in SEA I’d seen four.

SWA's weekly fare sales are usually not significantly discounted on the AUS-LAS route.  In fact,  the cheapest fare for May has been the one I booked in January. This week, things are different. Will rebook for $100 savings.

Scott's Cheap Flights had a deal for flights to Puerto Rico from all over the US, in the high $100s to middle $200s range

probably more related to the hurricane damage, and less to the virus scare, but interesting nonetheless.

if i were in a position to spring for 4 flights on less than 2 days notice, i'd have done it.  Puerto Rico sounds lovely about now.

10 hours ago, krista4 said:

My MIA -> MSP today was oversold, but MSP -> SEA had a ton of empty seats.  Maybe people don’t want to come here.

Also, in four hours in MIA and 2.5 hours in MSP I didn’t see a single mask, but within a few feet of deplaning in SEA I’d seen four.

yea, seattle is getting a lot of negative publicity.  

i'm fairly confident in my hand washing abilities and with my general dislike of human contact,  i wouldn't mind taking another vacation during this hysteria.  prices are going to continue to drop, imho.

why did i go in to the political forum and ask a question expecting any sort of actual conversation?

yuck

what a terrible, terrible place. can i hide that forum from my list of options?

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

why did i go in to the political forum and ask a question expecting any sort of actual conversation?

yuck

what a terrible, terrible place. can i hide that forum from my list of options?

I thought I had a very mild and uncontroversial post in there but if it was me that got it axed, I'm really sorry.

15 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I thought I had a very mild and uncontroversial post in there but if it was me that got it axed, I'm really sorry.

well, one word answers, refusal to elaborate and "you can't ask me that question, dude, i already answered it before to some other dude when you weren't in the room" wasn't making for a productive discussion anyways.

no great loss

News had a segment about the airlines hurting cause of corona and slashing prices and what not.  So I looked up some flights around 4th of July...still pretty high.  Am I too far out?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

News had a segment about the airlines hurting cause of corona and slashing prices and what not.  So I looked up some flights around 4th of July...still pretty high.  Am I too far out?

I've been looking to reschedule a trip we had planned for late April, and I've found none of these bargains anywhere on Delta either.  In fact, the flight I currently have is selling for $1000 more than what I paid.

Speaking of rescheduling, I'm considering changing us to Hawaii instead.  I was there when I was 14, which was...let's say several years ago, so I don't remember much.  Anyone have suggestions on places to go there?  @-fish-, for some reason I picture this as a place you might have some thoughts on.

Edited by krista4

Delta has roundtrip first class upgrades for my Zurich trip in June for $100 each. Tempting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I've been looking to reschedule a trip we had planned for late April, and I've found none of these bargains anywhere on Delta either.  In fact, the flight I currently have is selling for $1000 more than what I paid.

Speaking of rescheduling, I'm considering changing us to Hawaii instead.  I was there when I was 14, which was...let's say several years ago, so I don't remember much.  Anyone have suggestions on places to go there?  @-fish-, for some reason I picture this as a place you might have some thoughts on.

Grand Hyatt on Kauai is pretty nice. I can recommend a fantastic B&B in Kona on the BI. It’s up in the hills and wonderful. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, krista4 said:

what are you after?  my in-laws live on maui

On 3/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, belljr said:

They prefer "The Hole"

I spent 30 days in there once.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

I kind of doubt she after the in-laws of some dude on the internet

As dates go, that one is over. Lol. But I look too good to go home, so I'm at the bar. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I pretty much just go there to hang out with my brother and fish on the Big Island.  Planning on August trip.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Oh, I think I knew that but forgot!

Will be taking my mom and stepfather so looking mostly to relax, see cool natural ####, etc.  Nothing crazy.  I don't even know which islands to go to.  When I was 14, I enjoyed Kauai the best, but I lived in Indiana so what did I know.

ETA:  We are not "just lie on the beach" people so more toward seeing pretty stuff.

Edited by krista4

30 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Will be taking my mom and stepfather so looking mostly to relax, see cool natural ####, etc.  Nothing crazy.  I don't even know which islands to go to.  When I was 14, I enjoyed Kauai the best, but I lived in Indiana so what did I know.

ETA:  We are not "just lie on the beach" people so more toward seeing pretty stuff.

In that case go to any Hawaiian island! The Hilton compound on the main island is amazing 

• Thanks 1

Going to Maui. F it. Coronavirus better quarantine itself from me. 

• Like 1

$1100 for 3 round trips

• Thinking 1

I can't fly to effin STL for that most of the time

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, krista4 said:

stick to kauai, maui or the big island.  the 14 year old you, was wise.  kauai is awesome, very pretty.  less driving than the other two.  maui is the most diverse imho, but my least favorite of the 3.  unless the whales are migrating, easily one of the coolest things i've ever experienced.  there is great hiking on all of them.  i'll defer to fish on the big island.  

• Thanks 1