What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

No idea who anybody was except Cos and Tanner .

ETA...there was a guy who we should put into that is this shuke thread. Looked pretty close with the beard and all.

Lots of cats though.

And was that shuke spawn running off with the phone, or somebody else's kids? Good moment.
bro...i put on a scarf, in solidarity..

I know it's early, but have you guys ever tried a Quarantini?  It’s a regular Martini, but you drink it alone inside your house.

El Floppo said:
I was going to put this in the covid thread...but about half a page in and #### that place.

Video my mom sent from an ER doctor at Weill Cornell here in nyc talking at length about what he suggests based on front line experience dealing with this.

Fair warning...It's long. And one guy's take. And from 4 days ago, which feels like months at this point. But interesting info, clearly laid out. 
Thanks for this @El Floppo. This is great.

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad heart valve, so it may be that it just quit on him.

Anyway, the world lost a hell of a guy today, and it sucks that I have to worry about whether it's safe to be around my mom.

El Floppo said:
I was going to put this in the covid thread...but about half a page in and #### that place.

Video my mom sent from an ER doctor at Weill Cornell here in nyc talking at length about what he suggests based on front line experience dealing with this.

Fair warning...It's long. And one guy's take. And from 4 days ago, which feels like months at this point. But interesting info, clearly laid out. 
Thanks for this @El Floppo. This is great.
I do worry- he's giving different recommendations than we'd heard and followed in regards to masks, gloves, contact with surfaces... I prefer going his route- which is all about washing the hands after touching anything outside (or hitting with sanitizer) and not touching the face. gloves and masks less important... masks just so you don't touch your mouth and nose. but I just don't know.

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad heart valve, so it may be that it just quit on him.

Anyway, the world lost a hell of a guy today, and it sucks that I have to worry about whether it's safe to be around my mom.
Ah damn, I'm sorry GB.  😞

Very sorry.  94 years, that should be celebrated.

Sorry for your loss heckman, will raise a glass in his honor tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. Hope he liked cigars too.

Condolences on the loss. So sorry it comes at a time when we have to remain separated from some of our loved ones.

If anyone could help support your friendly neighborhood healthcare worker with some PNW style baked goods, it would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know of any bakeries in GA.

Obit link

Thanks all for the kind words.  Dad had been in poor health for quite some time, so while I can't say that it was a surprise, it was still a shock when it actually happened. Mom said he told her the past few nights that he prayed it would be his last one; he was ready. He hadn't been able to leave the house except for doctor appointments for several months, and recently not even that.  His heart was just too weak for him to be on his feet for more than a minute or two.

The one thing he absolutely did not want was to die in a hospital bed. He wanted to be at home, in the house he built himself almost 75 years ago. He was crossing the living room with his walker, and Mom said he started slumping over. She got to him and helped him to the floor and he was most likely gone at that point.  My sister - a nurse - got there within 5 minutes, and Mom had also called the nurse who lives next door to them.

I had only spoken to Dad by phone over the past few weeks, as we were out of town for a week and then didn't want to risk exposing them to anything when we got back 2 weeks ago. I think the last time I saw Dad in person was for his birthday in February. I'll remember him having a great afternoon playing euchre with his family. His mind and sense of humor were as sharp as ever, right to the end.

I'll miss him, but his kindness and strength built the man and husband I am today. I can only hope to have people think as well of me as everyone I know thought of him.

Cheers, all. Hug your loved ones today.

I’m doing a zoom with family at 6 since they are all east coast.  Will try to join in the middle to fire up a joint, tell jokes and guess at answers.

Zoom meeting is up

PM for Socrative and Zoom room codes.

ETA:  I can only answer PMs until about 6:10PST

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do teh facepages, but I'm about to pour four fingers of Kraken into a red Solo cup and top it off with Coke Zero in solidarity.

Users who are viewing this thread