Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

34 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@General Malaise @facook @urbanhack @tommyboy

Plz to help settle a dispute:  are you supposed to tip the gas monkeys at the service stations in Oregon?  I am a notorious overtipper, it being one of the two things (along with parallel parking) that I do best, yet I say no, mostly because I'm already pissed off that I have to wait for them to pump my gas.  Mr. krista insisted I was a skinflint and skallywag.  Thoughts?

I slide a buck or two once in a while.  Not every time.  

• Thinking 1

I bought GM a lapper for driving me around town back in December. I didn't tip the gas person when I took back my rental though because she was a straight up see you next Tuesday when I asked her how it all worked. And my 7yo has lost more teeth than she had at the time so if that's class shaming, that's on me. HTH @krista4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TLDR Stryker has some probs

I got into an accident a few weeks ago. I caught the car running a red light out of the corner of my eye and sped up just enough for her to catch my rear (insert joke here). If I hadn't she would've hit me in my driver side door and we might not be having this conversation. Insurance took 2 weeks to pay out and ultimately more than we expected. But I walked away. I had just dropped off my daughter who would have taken the brunt of it so I'm beyond happy. 

So then my cousin died. No thopras needed, she was 37 and had a mental rap sheet longer than SLB's dong. 

My customer threw an inventory audit at me that took like 3 days longer than it should have

My wife decided we're selling our house and buying something before April...or we're doing a bridge loan, or I'm pulling money from my 401K or.....I'm still not sure. I literally was yelled at for suggesting another realtor. We haven't even been pre-approved for a loan. 

Now the van I just bought with cash has a door issue and a check engine light. Probably an easy fix but I'm just done. Done

I expect full shtick and hopefully funny replies that everyone else is going through this kind of BS but I'm just a bit overwhelmed. Life came at me really fast and I wasn't prepared. 

Not necessarily asking for advice or anything. Just typing it out kind of helps. TIA and good night

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 3

Hang in there, GB strykerpks. I had my meeting with the two Bobs from Office Space on Monday.  Can't wait to see how that winds up biting me in the ###.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

I got into an accident a few weeks ago. I caught the car running a red light out of the corner of my eye and sped up just enough for her to catch my rear (insert joke here). If I hadn't she would've hit me in my driver side door and we might not be having this conversation. Insurance took 2 weeks to pay out and ultimately more than we expected. But I walked away. I had just dropped off my daughter who would have taken the brunt of it so I'm beyond happy. 

So then my cousin died. No thopras needed, she was 37 and had a mental rap sheet longer than SLB's dong. 

My customer threw an inventory audit at me that took like 3 days longer than it should have

My wife decided we're selling our house and buying something before April...or we're doing a bridge loan, or I'm pulling money from my 401K or.....I'm still not sure. I literally was yelled at for suggesting another realtor. We haven't even been pre-approved for a loan. 

Now the van I just bought with cash has a door issue and a check engine light. Probably an easy fix but I'm just done. Done

I expect full shtick and hopefully funny replies that everyone else is going through this kind of BS but I'm just a bit overwhelmed. Life came at me really fast and I wasn't prepared. 

Not necessarily asking for advice or anything. Just typing it out kind of helps. TIA and good night

Glad to hear your daughter is OK.  Thanks for not posting dong pics.  Ask Krista for home buying tips.

• Laughing 2

Jimminy.  Stay safe out there gmtaners. And for the love of god, stay away from slb’s dong. 

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, strykerpks said:

I rear ended someone like 2 days before thanksgiving, childless, thankfully. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, boom king said:

Yeah...babies don't happen like that.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 7
  • Thinking 1

31 minutes ago, boom king said:
hours ago, strykerpks said:

Sucks, gb. Really sorry you're going through this litany of bs. Seems like the only thing remotely in your control is the house situation, which makes me stressed out just reading about figuring out the "paying" part of it.

Dream world, the wife would hear your stress and get on board with waiting a bit until you guys had the loan/sale/finances worked out first. 

Gl. And no whammies.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Jimminy.  Stay safe out there gmtaners. And for the love of god, stay away from slb’s dong. 

I hereby christen this the Jimminytan Thread

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Jimminy.  Stay safe out there gmtaners. And for the love of god, stay away from slb’s dong

Miss that guy.....and his dong.

• Like 1

Oh sure- tip the gas pumper but not your architect. Freaking world we live in...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, strykerpks said:

I bought GM a lapper for driving me around town back in December.

what means this?

ETA - Oh duh, I'm old and haven't visited the bouncy clubs in years.

Edited by heckmanm
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, heckmanm said:

what means this?

ETA - Oh duh, I'm old and haven't visited the bouncy clubs in years.

Is that where you buy laptops? :confused:

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

I think it might involve single dollars in excess.

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

More "rent" than "buy", as I recall.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, strykerpks said:

I bought GM a lapper for driving me around town back in December. 

:kicksrock:

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, krista4 said:

Plz to help settle a dispute:  are you supposed to tip the gas monkeys at the service stations in Oregon?  I am a notorious overtipper, it being one of the two things (along with parallel parking) that I do best, yet I say no, mostly because I'm already pissed off that I have to wait for them to pump my gas.  Mr. krista insisted I was a skinflint and skallywag.  Thoughts?

When I pumped gas back in NJ during my college years, I very rarely got tipped.  I was always very appreciative when it happened though.  It's not necessary, imo, unless the attendant is doing something out of the ordinary (checking oil, washing windows, etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunnava...just missed my train stop.

On the train to Babylon...serves me right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

:kicksrock:

If you’re around over Labor Day weekend, let’s grab a 🍺 

6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

On the train to Babylon...serves me right.

My favorite Bob Marley song

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

When I pumped gas back in NJ during my college years, I very rarely got tipped.  I was always very appreciative when it happened though.  It's not necessary, imo, unless the attendant is doing something out of the ordinary (checking oil, washing windows, etc.).

@krista4 This is pretty much the right answer, though even then it's not necessary and you'd catch the attendant off guard for sure.  Lived in Oregon my whole life, don't think I've ever tipped the gas attendant.  It's just not part of the deal.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

If you’re around over Labor Day weekend, let’s grab a 🍺 

I'll be in town....for sure!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Bad transmission. Calling the dealership in a bit. Yet another piece of poop to deal with right now.

Sorry to drop my problems off on you guys. Like I said typing it out helped. Just had one of those life moments last night where it all came to a head and I almost snapped. I'm good.

@urbanhack I totes forgot you live out there now. GM and I went bowling. It was great but not a proper cornhole since it was a Tuesday. I may be out there again at some point and will certainly reach out. Sorry man, that's on me. I would definitely hole your corn

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boom king said:

She want to forget her name while you busy moaning her.

• Like 3

I recommend snapping. But that's just me.

4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Yeah...babies don't happen like that.

Maybe GM tho.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

15 hours ago, krista4 said:

Generally, no.  But if the person is extra friendly, cleans the windshields and I have some cash, I'll flip a buck or two.  But the vast majority of these people are cranky, slow and undeserving of a tip.  

• Thanks 1

Are you talking about gas station attendant or mechanic?

Either way the answer is No

And I'm a big tipper

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1

@Bob Sacamano maybe @Woz if he's in the area for some reason, anyone else I'm forgetting?

I'm in the Phoenix/Tucson area 3/16 for a few days. Drinks, strippers, bowling, drugs? In no particular order and open to other options 👆🙂💧

Edited by Bob Sacamano
wine

1 hour ago, strykerpks said:

@Bob Sacamano maybe @Woz if he's in the area for some reason, anyone else I'm forgetting?

I'm in the Phoenix/Tucson area 3/16 for a few days. Drinks, strippers, bowling, drugs? In no particular order and open to other options 👆🙂💧

I like drinks. 

1 hour ago, strykerpks said:

The "OK" emoji was replaced with a smiley face. Really?

Why you so racist

• Like 2

18 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Car stuff sucks. A few weeks ago I was driving in my kickass BMW purchased from the estate of a family member and suddenly my brake lights went on when I hit the brakes.  Which is what’s supposed to happen, except the brakes are also supposed to engage and that part didn’t happen at all. Literally at all.  

Fortunately I was in a residential area so I wasn’t going very fast and not many people were around. Yanked the emergency brake and somehow got stopped and slowly into a parking spot on the street so I could get a tow truck. 

My cousin has been told her brain tumor she’s had for 40 years spontaneously decided to grow again. It’s inoperable so she starts chemo again this week.  She was supposed to finally come visit me and get some time away from her insane husband. 

The single biggest case of my career goes to mediation next week and I don’t think they’ll be willing to pay what it’s worth. 

But you definitely win.  As my dad always said, “just wait. It doesn’t matter how good your luck is, or how bad. It’ll always turn.”  Hope it’s soon for you. 

It's the wife's 50th tomorrow. Big party and she's planned more of it than I have.

It's all my fault. Whatever happens tomorrow or otherwise. It's all my fault

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

It's the wife's 50th tomorrow. Big party and she's planned more of it than I have.

Hire someone to kidnap her and then you come to her rescue. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Hire someone to kidnap her and then you come to her rescue

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Tipping question 

on a business trip, hotel only has valet parking.  Do I tip?  Seems like I’m being forced to use this service, not like im using it as a convenience.  
also I have no way of recovering this tip in my expenses 

so do I just assume this is baked into the hotel cost, or do I throw the guy a few bucks each day?  Or just the end of the trip?

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Tipping question 

on a business trip, hotel only has valet parking.  Do I tip?  Seems like I’m being forced to use this service, not like im using it as a convenience.  
also I have no way of recovering this tip in my expenses 

so do I just assume this is baked into the hotel cost, or do I throw the guy a few bucks each day?  Or just the end of the trip?

I always tip valet. 

5 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I like drinks. 

I'll PM you as the date gets closer and I know more about my agenda. Would love to buy you a drink and shoot the ####.

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

As my dad always said, “just wait. It doesn’t matter how good your luck is, or how bad. It’ll always turn.”  Hope it’s soon for you. 

I'm suddenly reminded of SLJ and Pulp Fiction:  "I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying reeeeaaaaal hard" 

I'm sorry for your troubles. I feel your pain. It's not about "winning" I just want to get back to some sort of normalcy and I hope your case works out well.

Apple prose of nothing, and politics don't belong in this thread, but I want to point out that you are one of the reasons I actually check the PSF. Thank you for your contributions for those of us who just want to try to be informed and not mess with the back and forth.

4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Tell her it's her 40th. That'll totally work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Tell her it's her 40th. That'll totally work

Optional strategy:  Tell her she "looks pretty great for half a century."  Report back.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

2 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Optional strategy:  Tell her she "looks pretty great for half a century."  Report back.

Optional optional strategy: whisper in her ear after the party that you’ve never slept with a 50 year old woman before. See if it works. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Apple prose of nothing, and politics don't belong in this thread, but I want to point out that you are one of the reasons I actually check the PSF. Thank you for your contributions for those of us who just want to try to be informed and not mess with the back and forth.

Very kind of you to say. Except the “Apple prose” part, which is going to be running through my head all night as I wonder if people actually say that, what kind of people, and whether I know any of them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Very kind of you to say. Except the “Apple prose” part, which is going to be running through my head all night as I wonder if people actually say that, what kind of people, and whether I know any of them. 

Sorry that's GMTAN/FFA lore going back to the early aughts. I actually said it in conversation on NYE and my GB looked at me like a dog that heard a doorbell 3 houses down but he just went with it. I'd advise the same but I'm just a dummy.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

19 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Sorry that's GMTAN/FFA lore going back to the early aughts. I actually said it in conversation on NYE and my GB looked at me like a dog that heard a doorbell 3 houses down but he just went with it. I'd advise the same but I'm just a dummy.

No, I knew you were kidding I just have the same reaction every time I see it (or similar) in here. 

“Waa Laa” still makes me react after lo these many years. 

23 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

“Waa Laa” still makes me react after lo these many years. 

You should start a pole to determine the favs.