Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
In The Zone

Another killing at the hands of the Police

10 minutes ago, whoknew said:

So he beat the #### out of him and arrested him. 

Awesome.

He hit him with a bottle.  He deserves both. 

• Love 1

Just now, GoBirds said:

You see the guy in LA get chased down and tackled!??!? First cop was stride for stride out him, second cop came in and looked like he was shot out of a cannon....unbelievable speed!

Tackled him right into a car.  Awesome take down. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Deblasio and cuomo are the ####### worst. They ruined a once great city. 

Trump has destroyed a nation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

You see the guy in LA get chased down and tackled!??!? First cop was stride for stride out him, second cop came in and looked like he was shot out of a cannon....unbelievable speed!

Where are you picking up the LA coverage?

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The decision to have the NYC curfew 11 pm doesn’t seem like a good one

They are rebelling against Trump......at the expense of their citizens safety. Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

Unconfirmed reports of a garage fire a block from where my best bud lives in South Minneapolis. Haven't been able to get ahold of him yet :unsure:

• Sad 1

Memphis chanting "Are we ready for a change" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Hands up, don't shoot" 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

In before that video is linked here and people complain that he was taken down too roughly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

You forgetting Ferguson and Baltimore?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Where are you picking up the LA coverage?

Don’t judge but was doing some opposition research. 

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

He’s purposely trying to as it doesn’t fit his agenda. 

I probably need to take a break from here and probably why I don't wade much into the PSF. But it's just seems like a sad world when most of those in the media or in charge don't seem to speak for the majority or want to instigate stuff. Of course, I expect the extremes in here and normally try to wade through the bull####. Online forums are ripe for people to show their true colors. But why does it seem like you either have to defend rioting or looting or you have to want vigilantes roaming the streets? 

Why is everything a false dilemma nowadays? Why can't we want both peaceful protests but also no rioting/looting? Sadly, both sides pay lip service to this but when either gets the chance, they seem willing to rationalize the looting or the police crackdown of peaceful protests. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don't recall the military being set loose on peaceful protesters there, so no, I'm not forgetting them.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

In before that video is linked here and people complain that he was taken down too roughly 

Assuming the perp deserved to be chased down and tackled, it was ok. The car was unfortunate placement but the tackle looked clean. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It was amazing, no more than a 4.5 on that 40. 

Just now, GoBirds said:

Don’t judge but was doing some opposition research. 

😄 That's ok, I used to love watching Chris Matthews show.  I sometimes enjoy watching a show of someone who often disagrees with me.

• Like 1

Just now, GoBirds said:

He’s purposely trying to as it doesn’t fit his agenda. 

How about you not try and speak for me, since you're clearly not me?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Kal El said:

I don't recall the military being set loose on peaceful protesters there, so no, I'm not forgetting them.

Rodney King?

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Don Lemons was playing up that angle so it’s sure to get regurgitated. Cop got the worst of the car. 

Rodney King?

I was 7, everything is a blur from back then, but as I've said before, I don't remember seeing the military being set loose on peaceful protesters.

6 minutes ago, Kal El said:

The thing is many will disagree with you. Nobody disagrees that Deblasio ruined NYC. It's unanimous. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Just now, Kal El said:

I was 7, everything is a blur from back then, but as I've said before, I don't remember seeing the military being set loose on peaceful protesters.

Pretty sure the military is being sent to end the looting and violence not the peaceful protests

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

It is odd to characterize these protests as peaceful.   There is so much violence inter-woven. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I don't see many peaceful protests going on tonight. Still no military on sight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

The Insurrection Act was used to restore order in Los Angeles the last time it was invoked.  It was 1992 the last time it was used, it's not ancient history.  Nobody is advocating for turning anything or anyone loose on peaceful protesters, at least anyone here that I've seen.  Peaceful protest is a right.  What was occurring in 1992, the looting and arson currently occurring, that's not peaceful protest.  It's obviously gotten beyond the ability of local authorities to control.  It can't go on unchecked and indefinite.  As far as I know, the Insurrection Act has yet to be implemented by President Trump but honestly this has gone beyond what I would have thought it would have taken for him to use it.

Edited by Shula-holic
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Please don’t post misinformation like this, the military is addressing the criminals that are breaking laws for what 7 days straight now? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Is CNN purposely not showing the mayhem in NYC right now to protect the Cuomos? 

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is odd to characterize these protests as peaceful.   There is so much violence inter-woven. 

They aren’t peaceful protesters that are being addressed , it’s just an inaccurate talking point. 

5 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I don't remember seeing the military being set in peaceful protestors this past week either. What's the point?

7 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Don Lemons was playing up that angle 

Least shocking thing tonight

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Don Lemon gasped when his/her shoulder hit the rubber bumper.  GASPED.

• Love 1

Just now, jobarules said:

I don't remember seeing the military being set in peaceful protestors this past week either. What's the point?

Well FoxNews isn't showing it as much. I think both sides would be showing it if they could. Seems like things are a lot tamer tonight, at least on the East Coast. I can't really find any play by plays like last night. 

18 minutes ago, whoknew said:

It is not something I would do.

And an ### whipping is not something the state should do.

Monday night in Detroit so far.

DETROIT – A huge crowd gathered in Detroit on Monday to protest police brutality following the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last week and were met with a large police presence.

The protesters began at Detroit Police Department headquarters and the crowd made their way to Southwest Detroit on West Vernor.

The protest began peacefully with chanting, marching and a drum beat. After 8 p.m. many protesters stayed on scene. Organizers of the peaceful protest worked to get people to go home.

“Go home, be safe,” a protester chanted after 8:30 p.m. “It’s over. Go to your cars. Be safe.”

DPD Chief James Craig told Detroit police hold their positions on Michigan Avenue  to control the crowd.

The crowd had been urging others to go home since 8 p.m. Most of the crowd did disperse.

As of 8:55 p.m., it appeared as though the protest had ended peacefully without arrests or violence.

• Like 2

the NYC Chief with the Protesters for a kneel and hug earlier today was awesome.  seen a few more videos like that too.  love and respect!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jobarules said:

It happened a few hours ago just outside the White House 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, facook said:

When it was blatantly a guy and the cop making the tackle are the most bumper.....Lemons knows what he’s doing and many eat it up. 

“Police need to be trained when being charged by an unarmed man with a knife, to shoot him in the leg instead of the heart”

Joe Biden

😐

• Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

Well FoxNews isn't showing it as much. I think both sides would be showing it if they could. Seems like things are a lot tamer tonight, at least on the East Coast. I can't really find any play by plays like last night. 

Not in NYC

Are you telling me Trump has deployed the military in the last 7 days?

2 minutes ago, facook said:

He did not. Come on. 

2 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

It happened a few hours ago just outside the White House 

The military did that?

1 minute ago, Nick Vermeil said:

He did not. Come on. 

He did.  To be fair, I grunted.  But he did.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, facook said:

I don’t doubt that at all lol

Earlier a reporter said Trump wanted to be outside tonight because people were complaining he was in the bunker the other night. Anderson Cooper YELLED “OH MY GOD!!!”

:lol:

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

I don’t doubt that at all lol

Earlier a reporter said Trump wanted to be outside tonight because people were complaining he was in the bunker the other night. Anderson Cooper YELLED “OH MY GOD!!!”

:lol:

I'm not a Trump-guy.  But the bias on both Fox and CNN is crazy.  I just happened to be on CNN when Don gasped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Live looting is on fox, cnn and msnbc

44 minutes ago, jobarules said:

@Ranethe

You think my brother fearing for his life working in nyc is something to laugh at?

Of course not. I hope your brother is OK. Sincerely. But then , you of course know that was not what I was laughing at.

But , I do hope he’s ok, despite your disingenuous reply.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Ranethe said:

Of course not. I hope your brother is OK. Sincerely. But then , you of course know that was not what I was laughing at.

But , I do hope he’s ok, despite your disingenuous reply.

I know that? Ok

• Thinking 1

Breaking News - DeBlasios 11:00 curfew he set in place day 7 is not working. Tomorrow night it will be at 8:00. 

At least he’s getting out ahead of these issues. Wow.