What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Private Antsports Mock 14-team (1 Viewer)

I am going to be out from now until about 12:00 - 12:30 Central time.I am having trouble with my home computer (working half-day today) this morning, making pre-drafting difficult. I really, really don't want to pre-draft these picks anyway, so I'll do them when I return, if that is OK with everyone.Sure wish Blowholes would've made his pick by now. ;)
Sure, wait until after lunch. I don't think tombonneau will be making the blowholes selection until sometime after 8:00 Western time.We can wait until after lunch for your picks.

I'd really like to see this thing get moving again. It would be nice to get through round five today.As far as what to do with the pick... well, considering I'm next up, it's probably better for me not to be involved in that decision.

I'd really like to see this thing get moving again. It would be nice to get through round five today.As far as what to do with the pick... well, considering I'm next up, it's probably better for me not to be involved in that decision.
Good point, maybe those that draft 3-5 spots after that pick shouldn't have a say in the pick.I'm out. ;)

pretty weak that this ####ing piece of #### bailed out in round 3. turd.anyway, if that were my pick, i would want warrick dunn, only bc i am high on him and think he has the most upside of any of the backs in a 1pt reception league.a 2nd & 3rd, or does anyone have any other noms?

Dunn will be fine. I was eyeing him for my pick and I would probably draft him at this point wiht what Blowholes currently has. I am a little pissed it has come to this, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

3.08 No Blowholes Dunn, Warrick RB ATL 3.09 Operation Shutdown Horn, Joe WR NOS Crap and Crap! I thought Horn would fall to me.

sorry, on my way to work. i was thinking of maybe getting someone to make his picks for him, but it might be more trouble than its worth since they wouldn't be getting the email alerting them of picks.what i think i'll do is just take over the team and draft for it as if it were my own. i hate to have to do that, but i think it'll be the quickest and easiest solution.wasn't spartan saying they were out of the office for an hour or so, or was having comp. trouble?

That's better.3.10 Spartans Rule Holt, Torry WR STL 3.11 Minneapolis Millionaires Barlow, Kevan RB SFO3.12 1RQB Mack, Stacey RB HOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay... didn't know we had started again, plus my internet's been real slow today.I should be pretty prompt the rest of the day.

That Stacy Mack pick is a major reach is it not? I understand needing an RB but Mack isn't a sure thing as a starter and there were a few RBs ranked ahead of him and a LOT more value at WR.But who knows, maybe Mack will blow up.

I'm actually a little higher on Mack than most people seem to be. I think he will be the starter, and he knows how to get into the end zone. Close to 1,000 yards and 6-7 scores wouldn't shock me.

Are we going to come to a consensus pick for the rest of blowholes :thumbup: picks? I don't think we should give him over ten minutes on his next pick. As for the Mack pick, I can't argue with getting a RB on your team, but he probably would have been there for your fourth rounder and you could've used your third on someone thta probably wouldn't make it back around.Just my opinion, but if everyone drafted the same it wouldn't be fun. I like Mack as a running back, but that O Line in Houston is horrible.

clark, i'm just going to take over blowholes and draft as if its my team. that'll be faster than asking for consensus and will allow for a more realistic draft i think.if he comes back great, but if not, dude had 20hrs to make a pick.

clark, i'm just going to take over blowholes and draft as if its my team. that'll be faster than asking for consensus and will allow for a more realistic draft i think.if he comes back great, but if not, dude had 20hrs to make a pick.
Fine by me, I trust your judgment.

I'd be for that. Worked out pretty well in the other draft we did together.

No way. Both AS and Emmitt are sure starters no matter what is said about Smith.
are we following the same NFL? :P AS & Emmit might be 1Q starters, but i'm a pats fan and NE is looking a lot like RBBC and there is an open competition in camp for the starting job. emmitt will start, but come on, if you don't think he is splitting carries with shipp you're delusional.mack was paid money and went to HOU to start. the only comp. he has is jonathan wells, and i really don't see him as any more than a BU.

are we following the same NFL? :P AS & Emmit might be 1Q starters, but i'm a pats fan and NE is looking a lot like RBBC and there is an open competition in camp for the starting job. emmitt will start, but come on, if you don't think he is splitting carries with shipp you're delusional.mack was paid money and went to HOU to start. the only comp. he has is jonathan wells, and i really don't see him as any more than a BU.
I just realized what I said. (Note to self: "Hey dummy, they're BOTH named Smith!) :P As a third round pick, Mack is a reach.

i agree he is a reach, but given what is at RB now, i think he is the 'safest' bet to start 16 games and give you consistent #s. AZ would have more upside, but the bettis ?? is there. hearst, you have barlow. the only pick i would have liked better is maybe hambone.

3.14 Blackened Voodoo Toomer, Amani WR NYG 4.01 Blackened Voodoo Driver, Donald WR GBP Dang. That swing position is nice. Another two great picks.

so voodoo takes toomer & driver. i think he has succeeded in making the two most boring back-to-back picks in the history of FF. :P (note: boring does not nec. mean bad. just boring. :P )

So here's what we've got after 3:

Felons

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

WR Hines Ward

WR Eric Moulds

I'd Rather Be Golfing

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Ricky L. Williams

WR Plaxico Burress

Swarm

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Duce Staley

RB Trung Candidate

Tom

RB Clinton Portis

RB Eddie George

RB Anthony Thomas

East Bay Funk

QB Michael Vick

RB Shaun Alexander

WR Koren Robinson

Griswold

QB Daunte Culpepper

RB Marshall Faulk

RB William Green

Spankster

RB Priest Holmes

RB Stephen Davis

WR David Boston

No Blowholes

RB Curtis Martin

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Marvin Harrison

Operation Shutdown

RB Ahman Green

RB Michael Bennett

WR Joe Horn

Spartans Rule

RB Travis Henry

RB Charlie Garner

WR Torry Holt

Minneapolis Millionaires

RB Jamal L. Lewis

RB Kevan Barlow

WR Terrell Owens

1RQB

QB Peyton Manning

RB Stacey Mack

WR Randy Moss

Minich

RB Edgerrin James

RB Corey Dillon

TE Tony Gonzalez

Blackened Voodoo

RB Fred Taylor

RB Tiki Barber

WR Amani Toomer

warner is an interesting pick. he's a guy that is not on my board. he just looked awful last year. i remember before his horrorshow MNF performance, the guy i was up against need like 10 pts to beat me, and he had warner to go. i think kurt scored him negative points. haha.to me, taking warner means you need to spend another fairly decent pick on bulger at some point and to me i don't want to waste 2 picks to fill the QB position where you can get the same production elsewhere.its not like handcuffing a stud RB bc there are less RBs to go around than QBs. just don't like the situation this year.not to mention have fun pulling out your hair in week 5 when warner looks crap and martz is mum on who he will be starting the next week. :yes:

warner is an interesting pick. he's a guy that is not on my board. he just looked awful last year. i remember before his horrorshow MNF performance, the guy i was up against need like 10 pts to beat me, and he had warner to go. i think kurt scored him negative points. haha.to me, taking warner means you need to spend another fairly decent pick on bulger at some point and to me i don't want to waste 2 picks to fill the QB position where you can get the same production elsewhere.its not like handcuffing a stud RB bc there are less RBs to go around than QBs. just don't like the situation this year.not to mention have fun pulling out your hair in week 5 when warner looks crap and martz is mum on who he will be starting the next week. :yes:
It's a risk, I'll grant you that. I thought about Gannon but wavered. I think Warner was more hurt last year than anyone let on and expect a return to form this year as reports are, he's healthy.The way my team is shaping up, I needed to take a risk with the potential for high reward and I felt Warner fit that bill the best. And round 5 is usually where the run on QBs begins. As a team at the bottom of that round, I didn't want to end up with Jay Fiedler or Jake Plummer as my starting QB.

so voodoo takes toomer & driver. i think he has succeeded in making the two most boring back-to-back picks in the history of FF. :yes: (note: boring does not nec. mean bad. just boring. :banned: )
:thumbup: No doubt ... pretty yawn-a-licious picks. But I was able to get the #1 WRs from two very good passing offenses -- and I think both guys can improve (Toomer, a few more TDs; Driver, 10-15 more receptions).FTR, I was targeting one of either Joe Horn or Torry Holt, but was 99% sure I wouldn't get those guys. Three of the five teams picking ahead of me had two RBs already and were likely to grab WRs, so I was pretty much resigned to withstanding a mini-WR run. I considered other positions, but I saw a fall-off from the current crop of WRs being drafted and the next bunch.

4.05 Spartans Rule Booker, Marty 4.06 Operation Shutdown Shockey, Jeremy 4.07 No Blowholes Hambrick, Troy 4.08 Spankster Heap, Todd 4.09 Griswold Price, Peerless 4.10 East Bay Funk Smith, Emmitt J.4.11 Tom R. Gannon QB OAK

well i went gannon, even though i normally don't go qb so early he was just too much value to pass up. the way i see it, a few teams will pluck the next highest rated qbs before i get to my pick in 5 and by the time i get to my pick in 6, i think a lot of people will have gone qb, inc. the lesser 'sleeper' guys that i'm looking at.

well i went gannon, even though i normally don't go qb so early he was just too much value to pass up. the way i see it, a few teams will pluck the next highest rated qbs before i get to my pick in 5 and by the time i get to my pick in 6, i think a lot of people will have gone qb, inc. the lesser 'sleeper' guys that i'm looking at.
That was my reason for taking Warner.

Considering the lack of anything resembling a starter at RB, I might just need to look else where and practically forgo the RB2 spot. I mean 4 guys went with 3 RB in the first 4 rounds of a 14 team draft. In a normal league I'd probably draft WRs or QBs for trade bait.

Heh... a sample of comments from the fourth round:"Not really crazy about him...""A reach...""I hate this guy...""Yuck. I don't like this guy or this situation one bit..."And this is from the guys who made the picks. God help us in the fifth and beyond.

After 4 rounds:

So here's what we've got so far:

Felons

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

RB James Stewart

WR Hines Ward

WR Eric Moulds

I'd Rather Be Golfing

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Ricky L. Williams

RB Mike Alstott

WR Plaxico Burress

Swarm

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Duce Staley

RB Trung Candidate

WR Darrell Jackson

Tom

QB Rich Gannon

RB Clinton Portis

RB Eddie George

RB Anthony Thomas

East Bay Funk

QB Michael Vick

RB Shaun Alexander

RB Emmitt Smith

WR Koren Robinson

Griswold

QB Daunte Culpepper

RB Marshall Faulk

RB William Green

WR Peerless Price

Spankster

RB Priest Holmes

RB Stephen Davis

WR David Boston

TE Todd Heap

No Blowholes

RB Curtis Martin

RB Warrick Dunn

RB Troy Hambrick

WR Marvin Harrison

Operation Shutdown

RB Ahman Green

RB Michael Bennett

WR Joe Horn

TE Jeremy Shockey

Spartans Rule

RB Travis Henry

RB Charlie Garner

WR Torry Holt

WR Marty Booker

Minneapolis Millionaires

QB Kurt Warner

RB Jamal L. Lewis

RB Kevan Barlow

WR Terrell Owens

1RQB

QB Peyton Manning

RB Stacey Mack

RB Antowain Smith

WR Randy Moss

Minich

RB Edgerrin James

RB Corey Dillon

RB Amos Zereoue

TE Tony Gonzalez

Blackened Voodoo

RB Fred Taylor

RB Tiki Barber

WR Amani Toomer

WR Donald Driver

Dear Felons:Please kindly punch yourself in the face for that CJ pick. Please see my post on being 'that guy' for further elaboration. :rant:

I thought there was no way Stewart would be on the board after I saw a few more teams take their RB3. I think he has a chance to crack the top 20 this year. I was mainly just relieved to get a guy without much competion for his job at that stage of the draft. CJohnson has 1 year wonder written all over him, but his production last year and the lack of any of the QBs looking all that good make him my selection.

Users who are viewing this thread