What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (3 Viewers)

Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

QB: Brees (7), Cutler (16)

RB: Hyde (5), Sankey (8), Matthews (9), Sims (10), Herron (11), Ball (13), James White (17), Rice (18)

WR: Dez (1), AJ Green (2), Benjamin (3), Matthews (4), Harvin (15)

TE: Julius Thomas (6), Vernon D (12), Virgil Green (14)

K: Bryant (19)

Def: Clev (20)
Here is one that I did two days before your draft and is very similar at the start.. A few tweaks after is what I did. Let me know your thoughts

Stafford, Rivers

Spiller, Stewart, Bernard, Blount, Payne, Cadet, Williams

Dez, AJ Green, Benjamin, R. White, K. Wright,

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Buffalo, Greenbay, Bullock

Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

RB: Hyde (5), Sankey (8), Matthews (9), Sims (10), Herron (11), Ball (13), James White (17), Rice (18)

Here is one that I did two days before your draft and is very similar at the start.. A few tweaks after is what I did. Let me know your thoughts

Stafford, Rivers

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Yea I'm a fan of mine to be honest. I'm alot higher on Matthews then White. I'll call Eifert-JT a wash even tho I prefer JT and I'm sure u do as well. And I hate Stafford if I'm honest. I much prefer Brees who threw for 5k yds and 33 td's in a "down" year.

Jstew- Hyde is wash. I see neither back catching many passes really.

It's basically Spiller over Sankey I'll give u and I'll take the rest of mine. I also think my bench RB depth offers alot more upside.

And I'm sure u disagree with all of that haha. That's my .02 tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

Stafford, Rivers

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Yea I'm a fan of mine to be honest. I'm alot higher on Matthews then White. I'll call Eifert-JT a wash even tho I prefer JT and I'm sure u do as well. And I hate Stafford if I'm honest. I much prefer Brees who threw for 5k yds and 33 td's in a "down" year.

Jstew- Hyde is wash. I see neither back catching many passes really.

It's basically Spiller over Sankey I'll give u and I'll take the rest of mine. I also think my bench RB depth offers alot more upside.

This is all about difference in preference and strategy. Personally, I'll take Coots' team - to me, much deeper at RB and I like the TEs better - this team has flex options aside of just 2 WRs.

But, in reality, there is no right or wrong in August a month before the games start being played..

From 4-hole:

Cutler (14)

Randle (4), Morris (5), Bernard (6), Blount (7), Allen (17)

Evans (3), Lafell (9), J Brown (10), Garcon (11), Randle (12), T Williams (13), Funchess (16), DGB (18)

Gronk (1), Graham (2), Eifert (8), Ebron (15)

Crosby, KC

Went with the big TE strategy for this club. Don't love how it resulted - has liabilities at WR2 and RB depth, as well as maybe QB - just couldn't get value to fall to us, and weren't going to reach for a QB when backups started going in the 10th. We're starting TEs at flex most weeks (and like Eifert's potential), so if we can find an adequate WR2 or possible flex out of that WR group the club could be OK.

Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

Stafford, Rivers

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Yea I'm a fan of mine to be honest. I'm alot higher on Matthews then White. I'll call Eifert-JT a wash even tho I prefer JT and I'm sure u do as well. And I hate Stafford if I'm honest. I much prefer Brees who threw for 5k yds and 33 td's in a "down" year. Jstew- Hyde is wash. I see neither back catching many passes really.

Oh my gosh Gildz, If you truly believe that your running back depth offers more upside then you have lost all credibility on these boards. I will not be able to take anything you ever say again seriously...

Stewart and Hyde are not even remotely close in my projections for one. In fact I have both Gio and Blount scoring more than Hyde. From that statement I bet you can guess how many times I own Hyde, that's right 0...

I obviously like Mathews more than White too but the difference isn't huge and most weeks White will not be my flex. During bye weeks your team will struggle mightly. Not even that but from week to week it will be boom or bust because Benjamin and Mathews are not matchup proof IMO...

Its funny earlier in this thread you were blasting someone for taking Sankey saying you saw what he was last year and he SUCKS.. Now you draft him and you think that he is a viable every week starter..

I don't have your team even being within 100 to 150 points of mine at the end of week 11.. Only chance you have is if Murray goes down, but if that happens then your other teams are going to suck... Tough to root for..

I want to revisit this team at about week 9 and see where it sits..

From 4-hole:

Cutler (14)

Randle (4), Morris (5), Bernard (6), Blount (7), Allen (17)

Evans (3), Lafell (9), J Brown (10), Garcon (11), Randle (12), T Williams (13), Funchess (16), DGB (18)

Gronk (1), Graham (2), Eifert (8), Ebron (15)

Crosby, KC

Went with the big TE strategy for this club. Don't love how it resulted - has liabilities at WR2 and RB depth, as well as maybe QB - just couldn't get value to fall to us, and weren't going to reach for a QB when backups started going in the 10th. We're starting TEs at flex most weeks (and like Eifert's potential), so if we can find an adequate WR2 or possible flex out of that WR group the club could be OK.
RBs are fine considering your strategy.. WRs I could live with and will be ok but starting the right ones will be difficult, gotta be a good coach.

My only problem is with QB, why not reach and just take Brady in round 10 or 11, you have Gronk, Lafell, and Blount.. This team would look soooooo much better with that to look forward to after week 5.

Just finished a draft as I figured I'd try a real early one this year. Not sure what to think of my team as of yet but an interesting draft to start.

QB- Eli, Bradford

RB- Lacy, Murray, Gordon, Cobb, Starks, Cadet

WR- Sanders, Cooper, Charles Johnson, Fitz, Marvin Jones, Harvin, shorts

TE- Ertz, Hill, Cook

K- Barth

D- Cle (play Jets week 1)
This team is looking very strong now that we are in the middle of August..

OK, I'll go.

5th Pick - Gronk in the 1st, too dominate to pass on, but usually costs elsewhere. Brees in the 6th, about 3 rounds before I usually take a QB, but thought I'd give it a shot. I think these 2 picks don't kill me by themselves, but together took their toll. With some luck might be competitive, but ...

Joe Flacco (BAL) R

Drew Brees (NO)

LeSean McCoy (BUF)

Danny Woodhead (SD)

Denard Robinson (JAC) R

Latavius Murray (OAK)

Isaiah Crowell (CLE)

Nelson Agholor (PHI) R

Marvin Jones (CIN) R

Kendall Wright (TEN) R

Golden Tate (DET)

Danny Amendola (NE) R

Kenny Britt (STL) R

Percy Harvin (BUF) R

Emmanuel Sanders (DEN)

Scott Chandler (NE) R

Rob Gronkowski (NE)

Jordan Cameron (MIA) R

Steven Hauschka (SEA)

STL Team Defense (STL)
Super strong team too.... Glad I'm not in your league or maybe I am who knows... Well Done though...

Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

Stafford, Rivers

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Yea I'm a fan of mine to be honest. I'm alot higher on Matthews then White. I'll call Eifert-JT a wash even tho I prefer JT and I'm sure u do as well. And I hate Stafford if I'm honest. I much prefer Brees who threw for 5k yds and 33 td's in a "down" year. Jstew- Hyde is wash. I see neither back catching many passes really.

Oh my gosh Gildz, If you truly believe that your running back depth offers more upside then you have lost all credibility on these boards. I will not be able to take anything you ever say again seriously...Stewart and Hyde are not even remotely close in my projections for one. In fact I have both Gio and Blount scoring more than Hyde. From that statement I bet you can guess how many times I own Hyde, that's right 0...

I obviously like Mathews more than White too but the difference isn't huge and most weeks White will not be my flex. During bye weeks your team will struggle mightly. Not even that but from week to week it will be boom or bust because Benjamin and Mathews are not matchup proof IMO...

Its funny earlier in this thread you were blasting someone for taking Sankey saying you saw what he was last year and he SUCKS.. Now you draft him and you think that he is a viable every week starter..
Holy crap you're arrogant. The idea that Hyde can't outscore JStew is just ridiculous, let alone not being remotely close in your projections. Again that's your opinion, but apparently your opinion is fact on these boards. I know you luckboxed this thing, but that doesn't mean your word is gospel. Well to some it is (cough, Scientist, cough, cough). Matthews/Benjamin aren't matchup proof? Geez, you're grasping at straws now. They'll be top-20 options every week, they shouldn't be benched ever. That statement alone has me questioning your credibility to be honest. That duo will be better then alot of teams starting WR's but they're not matchup-proof as my flexes. Ok.

And I stand by my statement. My RB depth offers more upside. Are they safer options, no. But all 3 handcuffs are top-15 options if the lead back goes down. You have Gio who's a glorified Danny Woodhead and already has shown he cant handle a full workload, and Blount who's upside is minuscule. The rest are just roster fodder. So yea I 'think' my guys offer more upside. See what I did there?

Regarding Sankey, I changed my tune. That's not allowed? Reports have been glowing out of camp while Cobb apparently has impressed no one. I hated Doug Martin also, but they're now raving about his prospects this year. Again, info can change and u adjust your opinion. Don't see anything wrong with that. Having said all that, I don't think Sankey is good haha. But I do think he"ll have every chance to show what he can do. If he falls flat on his face, so be it.

We can agree to disagree. Let the teams' production speak for itself. But you'll have to let me know which of the 60 Coots' teams this is..

11-hole:

Brady (12), Bradford (18), Sanchez (19)

Lacy (1), Foster (2), Spiller (3), D Martin (8), Sims (9), Blue (14), Starks (15)

K Benjamin (4), M Bryant (5), A Robinson (6), Agholor (7), Funchess (16)

Daniels (10), Eifert (11), R Rodgers (13)

CIN, Hauschka

Clearly didn't plan on 3 QBs, but couldn't risk Brady and Bradford potentially being out week 1, and Sanchez wasn't unreasonable in the 19th vs a flyer WR or TE. Otherwise, like the club, RBs are rock solid and WR corps has upside. TEs all have the same bye which needs to be solved later.
Solid team all around. Seems like guys fell to u here. I like Aghulor in the 7th. I'm not high on those top 3 WR's but I realize I'm in the minority there.
Your all over the place Gildz, you don't like Benjamin in the 4th and then take him in the 3rd... Hmmmm

Da Gildz said:
From the 9 hole

Stafford, Rivers

Eifert, Rudolph, Gates

Oh my gosh Gildz, If you truly believe that your running back depth offers more upside then you have lost all credibility on these boards. I will not be able to take anything you ever say again seriously...Stewart and Hyde are not even remotely close in my projections for one. In fact I have both Gio and Blount scoring more than Hyde. From that statement I bet you can guess how many times I own Hyde, that's right 0...

Holy crap you're arrogant. The idea that Hyde can't outscore JStew is just ridiculous, let alone not being remotely close in your projections. Again that's your opinion, but apparently your opinion is fact on these boards. I know you luckboxed this thing, but that doesn't mean your word is gospel. Well to some it is (cough, Scientist, cough, cough). Matthews/Benjamin aren't matchup proof? Geez, you're grasping at straws now. They'll be top-20 options every week, they shouldn't be benched ever. That statement alone has me questioning your credibility to be honest. That duo will be better then alot of teams starting WR's but they're not matchup-proof as my flexes. Ok.

And I stand by my statement. My RB depth offers more upside. Are they safer options, no. But all 3 handcuffs are top-15 options if the lead back goes down. You have Gio who's a glorified Danny Woodhead and already has shown he cant handle a full workload, and Blount who's upside is minuscule. The rest are just roster fodder. So yea I 'think' my guys offer more upside. See what I did there?

Regarding Sankey, I changed my tune. That's not allowed? Reports have been glowing out of camp while Cobb apparently has impressed no one. I hated Doug Martin also, but they're now raving about his prospects this year. Again, info can change and u adjust your opinion. Don't see anything wrong with that. Having said all that, I don't think Sankey is good haha. But I do think he"ll have every chance to show what he can do. If he falls flat on his face, so be it.

We can agree to disagree. Let the teams' production speak for itself. But you'll have to let me know which of the 60 Coots' teams this is..
Oh my god... You are all over the place all the time man.. You change your opinion every time you draft a player is what I am saying...

Arrogant- I am arrogant because I believe Hyde is being over drafted?????? This makes no sense and is bull####.. I'm giving opinions just like you do on every team and then change them once you draft the same players... All I said was that you are making a ridiculous statement about your RBs and I think 95 percent of everyone would agree.. That group is one of the worst posted on this board is all and you are trying to justify it...

The team is the one posted where we started exactly the same almost and that you quoted...

Good Luck

And yes Gildz I have drafted Benjamin and Mathews numerous times and I believe that neither is matchup proof...

You have to remember that Benjamin got a majority of his points last year during Garbage times, that worries me a little. Does it stop me from drafting him NO because the talent and redzone looks are there.

Mathews didn't do crap until Sanchez was the QB, we don't know what it will be like with Bradford. If Sanchez was the starter I would draft him early 3rd round for sure.. Hopefully Bradford likes and targets him just as much.. We will have to wait and see..

Im talking about the team name so I can track it. You have 432 teams in this thing, I'm supposed to guess which one this is??

And I don't change my tune after I draft a guy, I change it before. And where in this thread did I say Hyde/Sankey are awesome. I said I want ~ 20 ppg from my backfield. That's an aggressive projection?? If anything, it speaks to their mediocrity.

Im talking about the team name so I can track it. You have 432 teams in this thing, I'm supposed to guess which one this is??

And I don't change my tune after I draft a guy, I change it before. And where in this thread did I say Hyde/Sankey are awesome. I said I want ~ 20 ppg from my backfield. That's an aggressive projection?? If anything, it speaks to their mediocrity.
You will get 12-15 maybe from them

You change your mind a lot and I have giving references.. That is ok as things do change but you don't post those things until you draft the guy..

And I will have about 30 teams this year, relax.....

I will post the number of the team listed once I put them in order by date...

the only way Hyde out scores jstew is injury. Hyde and that whole team is a dumpster fire.
I agree.. Hyde cannot catch and does a crappy job blocking... When that is the case the RB needs to make up for it with TDs.. I just don't see Hyde getting the number of TDs to be an every week starter like you need Gildz... If he was your 3rd RB than I would have no issue.. I would just much rather have Gio who will catch 50-60 passes or woodhead might even outscore him.. Blount will get the TDs as Belichek loves him and its a high powered offense...

Like I said though Good Luck Gildz..

Pretty blah team really. That's the 1st word that comes to mind. Really don't like the Gio pick at 3.10/4.3. Either one, it's too high for him and there had to be better options at that point.

Team looks to be average to me, if not below avg
This is what I'm saying Gildz, you give feedback like this to others being very negative about players.. All I said is Hyde isn't close to Stewart in my projections and you call me arrogant.. Not cool..

You change your mind a lot and I have giving references.. That is ok as things do change but you don't post those things until you draft the guy..

And I will have about 30 teams this year, relax.....

I will post the number of the team listed once I put them in order by date...
Well yea of course I don't post about the guy until I draft him. Why would I. I was targeting Doug Martin in the 6th here, I didnt get him obviously. But there's a guy who I'm targeting. There are players who l like and don't get, or players I have opposing views on whether I draft them or not.

I was targeting Sankey where I got him which is funny. But I didnt go into this draft saying I want Sankey as my #2 lol. Just the way the draft played out. JT/Brees were taken in spots where i probably should have went rb, but I hated every RB available at that point.

We will see how it plays out. Let me know this team # when you're all done. Be interesting to see how both fair.

Coots or anyone else, would love to hear some feedback..

From the 2 hole:

QB: Brees (7), Cutler (18)

RB: L. Murray (4), JStew (5), Jennings (6), Sims (9), Cobb (10), Andre Will (15), Rice (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), Jeffery (3), M. Floyd (8), John Brown (11), Quick (12), Dorsett (14), Crabtree (16)

TE: Graham (2), Vernon D (13)

K: Bailey (19)

Def: NYJ (17)
I like this team of yours a lot better.. Who knows though

Here's one I did from the 11 spot, it just didn't go well as the others IMO and is a 'meh' team. After drafting a few teams I've found that I prefer the top half or middle picks when my teams finish up. 9-12 just aren't my cup of tea this year as a lot of my tiers seem to end right in front of them in multiple rounds.

QB: M.Ryan, T.Brady

RB: CJ.Anderson, TJ.Yeldon, D.Woodhead, D.Sproles, D.Robinson, M.Jones, R.Turbin

WR: J.Nelson, A.Johnson, N.Agholor, B.LaFell, D.Bowe, K.Stills

TE: G.Olsen, J.Witten, S.Chandler

Had I known Brady would be there I would have passed on Ryan and taken another RB as that group feels weak. N.Agholor seems to be getting some run in the fantasy world, but I don't get the love. Was forced into him as had 2 guys targets but they were both taken by the 12 on the turn and I was caught flat footed.

Played around on this team and it turned out ok I think.. Didn't notice before but you are in this league Gildz..

Luck, Dalton

AP, Gore, Duke Johnson, D. Woodhead, D. Sproles, T. Riddick, T. Cadet

Hilton, Marshall, Landry, Colston, Harvin, Royal

Thomas, ASJ

Buffalo, Houston

Bullock

Gore fell to me at 4.11 and was very happy to pair him with Luck and TY...

Here's one I did from the 11 spot, it just didn't go well as the others IMO and is a 'meh' team. After drafting a few teams I've found that I prefer the top half or middle picks when my teams finish up. 9-12 just aren't my cup of tea this year as a lot of my tiers seem to end right in front of them in multiple rounds.

RB: CJ.Anderson, TJ.Yeldon, D.Woodhead, D.Sproles, D.Robinson, M.Jones, R.Turbin

Had I known Brady would be there I would have passed on Ryan and taken another RB as that group feels weak. N.Agholor seems to be getting some run in the fantasy world, but I don't get the love. Was forced into him as had 2 guys targets but they were both taken by the 12 on the turn and I was caught flat footed.
I like it, not sure why you are down on it..

Played around on this team and it turned out ok I think.. Didn't notice before but you are in this league Gildz..

Luck, Dalton

Thomas, ASJ

Buffalo, Houston

Bullock

I would love to get Gore in the 4th at all, much less the late 4th. What do you think about pairing all 3, QB, WR1, RB from the same team? Though a top scoring offense most likely, are you concerned you will rob Peter to pay Paul with TDs?

Luck, Dalton

Thomas, ASJ

Buffalo, Houston

Bullock

I would love to get Gore in the 4th at all, much less the late 4th. What do you think about pairing all 3, QB, WR1, RB from the same team? Though a top scoring offense most likely, are you concerned you will rob Peter to pay Paul with TDs?
Not with those three... I think they average well over 30 a game this year, plenty to go around... I love Andre too...

I was actually contemplating doing this from the backend because I knew that I could get them.. But I decided to take Luck on one team to see how things would turn out and to my surprise there was Gore in the 4th...

Love having AP to anchor too... Wasn't all that happy with it at draft time but I'm warming up to it now..

Yeldon seems kind of weak as your RB 2 unless he has a better than expected year. I think you should have skipped Olsen and taken another RB then and get a guy like Ertz or Cameron. I myself took Olsen in the 6th and I feel the drop off between Olsen and a TE I can get a little later compared to the dropoff in RB or WR is less.

Couldn't get anything going in my last draft... Not excited about it at all... Grind away I guess

Bradford, Rivers

Ingram, Gio, Ivory, Crowell, Helu, Riddick, Gray, Williams

Dez, AJ Green, M. Bryant, N. Agholor, J. Brown

Kelce, Gates

Miami, Green Bay

Carpenter

Couldn't get anything going in my last draft... Not excited about it at all... Grind away I guess

Bradford, Rivers

Kelce, Gates

Miami, Green Bay

Carpenter
you drafted next to me last night

Bradford, Rivers

Kelce, Gates

Miami, Green Bay

Carpenter
Don't like your RBs and I don' t like Bradford as my QB even though you have Rivers. You have done many drafts. I myself only have 3 teams, and will register for at least 1 more, preferably 3 more in NFFC. I prefer to draft weekend.

I also am going to try to focus on DFS so I have to look at it like I may manage 6 teams and prepare a lot for DFS. I definitely want to have enough season long teams to satisfy myself and to have enough of a sample size to gauge whether I can compete at this level. It is also tough because the more money I put into season long, I have less of a BR to work with in DFS.

Bradford, Rivers

Kelce, Gates

Miami, Green Bay

Carpenter
Don't like your RBs and I don' t like Bradford as my QB even though you have Rivers. You have done many drafts. I myself only have 3 teams, and will register for at least 1 more, preferably 3 more in NFFC. I prefer to draft weekend.

I also am going to try to focus on DFS so I have to look at it like I may manage 6 teams and prepare a lot for DFS. I definitely want to have enough season long teams to satisfy myself and to have enough of a sample size to gauge whether I can compete at this level. It is also tough because the more money I put into season long, I have less of a BR to work with in DFS.
A good friend of mine that won the ME at FFPC has gone strictly DFS this year.. He wanted me to go along with him but I just can't do it, I love the season long. I will dabble a little but nothing too much.. I think I won about 24K last year in DFS and I was very happy with that...

Best of luck to you

Not sure how I feel about this one yet although I like the potential -- went QB early since Luck was there in the third.

QB- Luck, Dalton

RB- Murray, Yeldon, Vereen, Bush, Helu, Starks

WR- Brown, Benjamin, Charles Johnson, LaFell, Marvin Jones, Bowe, Wilson

TE- Rudolph, Allen, Tamme

K/D- Bryant, Denver

Not sure how I feel about this one yet although I like the potential -- went QB early since Luck was there in the third.

QB- Luck, Dalton

K/D- Bryant, Denver
Not too strong IMO. seems to be average compared to alot of teams posted. Not overly strong in any area. Then again, I don't like alot of the teams here who go w/Luck in top 3 rds..

QB- Luck, Dalton

K/D- Bryant, Denver
This is a nice team... So weird how much each draft differs from one to the next....

Good Luck

QB- Luck, Dalton

K/D- Bryant, Denver
Not too strong IMO. seems to be average compared to alot of teams posted. Not overly strong in any area. Then again, I don't like alot of the teams here who go w/Luck in top 3 rds..
I thought you would love this team... You took Murray in first round and Benjamin in third.. He gets them at end of 2nd and end of 4th, great value on both... Unless of course its L. Murray then I don't like it as much...

QB- Luck, Dalton

K/D- Bryant, Denver
I took Luck this weekend in 3rd too.. Didn't like anything else and figured why not... Let me know what you think

Luck, Bradford

AP, Stewart, Ivory, T. Coleman, M. Jones, Payne, D. Williams

B. Cooks, M. Bryant, J. Maclin, D. Jackson, P. Harvin, D. Green Beckham

Gates, Reed, Green

Arizona, Carpenter

Overall I like it and think it should do well...

QB- Luck, Dalton

K/D- Bryant, Denver
I thought you would love this team... You took Murray in first round and Benjamin in third.. He gets them at end of 2nd and end of 4th, great value on both... Unless of course its L. Murray then I don't like it as much...
Those are the 2 picks I like. :)

Just think player drafted in 2nd/3rd + qb in rds 7-9 is better then Luck/player in 7-9.
I'm not sure.... I used to think that all the time but the advantage with Luck if you can still draft quality players is pretty huge....

The chance of that 3rd round pick not producing top value is actually pretty good... You hit a home run with Luck with no bust potential, something to think about..

Just think player drafted in 2nd/3rd + qb in rds 7-9 is better then Luck/player in 7-9.
I'm not sure.... I used to think that all the time but the advantage with Luck if you can still draft quality players is pretty huge....

The chance of that 3rd round pick not producing top value is actually pretty good... You hit a home run with Luck with no bust potential, something to think about..
I agree with you coots. I use to think that way as well but your comments nail it on the head. I own Luck in one and Wilson in another.

Think there's very little bust potential with the qb's in the 7-9 range. End of the day, give me Brees/Alshon over Luck/WR in rd 7-8.

Normal years I agree, qb disparity at the top isn't worth 5 rds in the draft....IMO

Think there's very little bust potential with the qb's in the 7-9 range. End of the day, give me Brees/Alshon over Luck/WR in rd 7-8. Normal years I agree, qb disparity at the top isn't worth 5 rds in the draft....IMO
I'll take luck/Mike Wallace over your brees/alshon

Agreed and to answer the other question it is Demarco Murray not Latavius Murray (I'm not sold at all on Latavius and wouldn't take him before 5th). I'm generally a proponent of the wait on QB strategy but I think Luck and Rodgers are worth it in the third as they give you a huge positional advantage.

Agreed and to answer the other question it is Demarco Murray not Latavius Murray (I'm not sold at all on Latavius and wouldn't take him before 5th). I'm generally a proponent of the wait on QB strategy but I think Luck and Rodgers are worth it in the third as they give you a huge positional advantage.
Huge positional advantage??

Wow. Do people think Luck is throwing 40 td's again? I'll take the under if anyone is willing to wager lol.

Lets take David Dodds projections. For 2015, he predicts 412 points out of Luck and 335 for Brees so that's a difference of 77 points or a difference of 4.8 points per game. Now taking Scientists' example, Alshon is projected to get 245 points and Wallace is forecast to have 191 points or a difference of 54 points or 3.4 points per game. So strictly by the numbers and I'm not giving any opinion on the projections from Dodds you get a 1.4 point advantage by going QB in Round 3 in this case.

Lets take David Dodds projections. For 2015, he predicts 412 points out of Luck and 335 for Brees so that's a difference of 77 points or a difference of 4.8 points per game. Now taking Scientists' example, Alshon is projected to get 245 points and Wallace is forecast to have 191 points or a difference of 54 points or 3.4 points per game. So strictly by the numbers and I'm not giving any opinion on the projections from Dodds you get a 1.4 point advantage by going QB in Round 3 in this case.
This assumes Dodd's projections are correct. He is very good and I use him and 2 others as the basis for the projections that I reference when drafting.

However, the projections from my 2 other sources have the Brees/Alshon side winning in each case. In 1 it is only by about 20 points, and by about 65 in the other. This is leaving out my own personal biases about the players involved; I am down on both WRs relative to ADP.

Projections are far from infallible so I would caution on making too many decisions based on the numeric projections alone. That said, projections are pointing to this being a valid debate between the players specified.

I don't see an issue in taking Luck in the 3rd - though in my first 2 drafts I have been in the back half of the round and he wasn't there for me to have to make that decision.

With those projections, he's essentially mirroring Luck's 2014 season while docking Brees 40 Pts from where he was last year. Yea I don't see either happening. This is why they're called projections I suppose.

I do think Luck will be top-3 at worst. I just think the top-5 overall will be alot closer then most people apparently.

Huge positional advantage??

Wow. Do people think Luck is throwing 40 td's again? I'll take the under if anyone is willing to wager lol.
I'll take the over for a couple hundred if you are in

Decided it would be a good idea to do draft 2 teams in the same time slot. Think it worked out OK despite the split attention.

From the 7 slot:

Eli (11), Kaepernick (16)

Forsett (2), Freeman (8), Mathews (9), K. Davis (12), Starks (13), J. Allen (15), Bradshaw (18), C. Michael (20)

Julio (1), Hopkins (4), A. Robinson (5), Maclin (6), V-Jax (7)

Olsen (3), Reed (10), L. Green (14)

Colts (17)

Bailey (19)

From the 2 slot:

Romo (9), Bradford (13)

Bell (1), McCoy (2), Yeldon (6), D. Williams (10), J. Gray (14), M. Jones (15), Dunbar (16), Taliaferro (18)

Evans (3), Marshall (5), R. White (7), V-Jax (8), DGB (17)

Bennett (4), Gates (11), L. Green (12)

Colts (19)

Novak (20)

Decided it would be a good idea to do draft 2 teams in the same time slot. Think it worked out OK despite the split attention.

From the 7 slot:

Eli (11), Kaepernick (16)

Forsett (2), Freeman (8), Mathews (9), K. Davis (12), Starks (13), J. Allen (15), Bradshaw (18), C. Michael (20)

Julio (1), Hopkins (4), A. Robinson (5), Maclin (6), V-Jax (7)

Olsen (3), Reed (10), L. Green (14)

Colts (17)

Bailey (19)

From the 2 slot:

Romo (9), Bradford (13)

Bell (1), McCoy (2), Yeldon (6), D. Williams (10), J. Gray (14), M. Jones (15), Dunbar (16), Taliaferro (18)

Evans (3), Marshall (5), R. White (7), V-Jax (8), DGB (17)

Bennett (4), Gates (11), L. Green (12)

Colts (19)

Novak (20)
Like the 2nd team ALOT more. Think the RB advantage on team 2 far supersedes the minimal upgrades at TE/WR on team 1. And wow drafting 2 teams at one time is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread