What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (3 Viewers)

Does he have better value than Hillman moving forward? It's Hillman or West who I have decide weekly with who to start with Forte.

pretty impressive stat line... very encouraging that he got several GL touches. Wasn't expecting this type of production against what had been a very good run D. Next week against the lions at home is a matchup that seems to good to be true

I'm starting him the rest of the way.

The Steelers were stout against the run but he still produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm benching this week but holding long-term. I still think this guy has value. I don't expect him to do a ton this week, as the Steelers are surprisingly #7 in the NFL in rush yards allowed per game, and have allowed only 1 rushing TD in 6 games so far while forcing 6 fumbles. I don't see this being a banner week for him. However, I don't think the word is out yet that the PIT defense is pretty stout against the run, the D-line has been VERY impressive thus far, their weakness is in the secondary. Teams that can throw 30-40 times without turning the ball over are matchup nightmares for this defense, and of any team in the NFL, I don't think KC qualifies. I don't see the Chiefs putting up more than 13-17 points max, and that should limit Charcandrick's scoring opportunities. However, the layman is going to see a subpar showing as CW "taking another dump against an average to below average D" and give up on him. That's when you pounce. I think there are a couple of very nice games out there for this kid before season's end.
I had him benched this week too until Dion Lewis was ruled out for me.

Only those who had to start him did so this week.

pretty impressive stat line... very encouraging that he got several GL touches. Wasn't expecting this type of production against what had been a very good run D. Next week against the lions at home is a matchup that seems to good to be true
They're playing in London.

They're playing in London.
they could play detroit on mars and i'd have west in my lineup, but thanks for reminding me about the london game

I didn't expect much out of West this week but thought he had some nice games in him going forward. He arrived sooner than I thought. I'm holding for SURE. The volume alone makes him worth starting and he looked good to boot.

I offered West or Lamar Miller to two other owners (as part of packages, no less) in an attempt to acquire Dion Lewis and Eddie Lacy about two weeks ago. I was soundly rebuffed on both counts. Thank the Lord.

The workload is very encouraging: 22 carries for West, vs 1 each for Thomas/Davis. Plus a few passes.

Even if he isn't as good as Charles (few are), he could easily be an RB2 or Flex starter.

I'm riding the Charc the rest of the way.

Seems like this like a plug and play for KC. Charcandrick is obviously not as good as Charles, but it appears as he'll get the same work load.

Say what you will about Andy Ried, he always provides us a usable running back, and usually a RB1.

Curious to see where West falls on Henry / Bloom's rest of season rankings. I think he will be a solid RB2 with high floor and some RB1 weeks depending on match-ups.

I got Jarvis Landry for him.
I hope that is a full point PPR. It is a toss up who will have a higher YPR between West and Landry.
:lmao:
Did you misread that? Otherwise, I don't see the humor. Landry still hovering at 10 ypr this year which is pitiful for a WR and he hasn't caught a TD yet. If he doesn't have that rushing TD yesterday, it's another terrible day for Landry unless you get points for catching the ball - that's why I said it better be full point PPR.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Why else would I trade for him? How did Chaderickelle do yesterday in either ppr or regular rules? What's that? You are dropping him? Oh you don't say!!!!
Oooops

I'm trying to buy, based on the fact I lost Foster and am seriously short. I have Rivers and Dalton, the West owner is OK at RB ( Murray but has lost games last two weeks because of his QB's ( Mariota & McCown ). Trying to see if Dalton for West is a go. Also maybe considering offering Dalton & Hopkins for West & Diggs. May seem steep but I'm flagging at RB.

Anybody else made a move for him or sold him ?

I'm trying to buy, based on the fact I lost Foster and am seriously short. I have Rivers and Dalton, the West owner is OK at RB ( Murray but has lost games last two weeks because of his QB's ( Mariota & McCown ). Trying to see if Dalton for West is a go. Also maybe considering offering Dalton & Hopkins for West & Diggs. May seem steep but I'm flagging at RB.

thats the type of offer where you stop what you're doing and hit accept as fast as you can before it gets pulled

thats the type of offer where you stop what you're doing and hit accept as fast as you can before it gets pulled
Yeah I know it seems heavy. I'm loaded at WR though Hopkins, Julio, John Brown, Moncrief. And only have Ivory as a viable RB starter now. There's a chance Hopkins could slide as Texans season fizzles out and Diggs keeps going.

As someone said earlier in the thread there are scant few RBs kicking around getting 20 plus touches a game. Most people simply won't part with them in my league. West is one of the few that that's still gettable as he only has one week under his belt.

Evilgrin 72 said:
I didn't expect much out of West this week but thought he had some nice games in him going forward. He arrived sooner than I thought. I'm holding for SURE. The volume alone makes him worth starting and he looked good to boot.

I offered West or Lamar Miller to two other owners (as part of packages, no less) in an attempt to acquire Dion Lewis and Eddie Lacy about two weeks ago. I was soundly rebuffed on both counts. Thank the Lord.
I started those two player's (West/Miller) out of desperation (Anderson owner here). Thank you FF gods. I am back in the hunt if they can perform at any level the rest of the year.

TartanLion said:

Bought him for Tevin Coleman before the Steelers game. Doubt I could get him for that now.

I got Jarvis Landry for him.
I hope that is a full point PPR. It is a toss up who will have a higher YPR between West and Landry.
Did you misread that? Otherwise, I don't see the humor. Landry still hovering at 10 ypr this year which is pitiful for a WR and he hasn't caught a TD yet. If he doesn't have that rushing TD yesterday, it's another terrible day for Landry unless you get points for catching the ball - that's why I said it better be full point PPR.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Why else would I trade for him? How did Chaderickelle do yesterday in either ppr or regular rules? What's that? You are dropping him? Oh you don't say!!!!
Oooops
lol...you think I still would take Charcandick over Jarvis Landry? No chance. Landry scored 25 ppr points in little more than a quarter of work, he is simply one of the most explosive players in the NFL.

Now...I will admit I was a little hasty in advising anyone to drop Chacandik, but truly I believe I may have been drunk at the time of that posting, so I will plead the fifth on that one.

Guys, please take this West vs. Landry pissing match somewhere else. No one really gives a #### and it's cluttering up the thread.

Curious the opinions on his long term potential beyond this year. With Charles back next year, he's just a backup again I assume.

Charles owner. I gave C.Michael for Charky a couple of days after Jamaal's injury. They seemed to go opposite directions as prospects on Sunday, but still lots of uncertainty for both.

Charles will turn 29 before he can play again. I am hoping West does enough to stay around and fill those shoes when the time comes (and provide injury protection until then).

He was utilized 27 times vs. PIT so I had to make two videos for him this week.

C. West Week 7 vs. PIT (Part 1)

C. West Week 7 vs. PIT (Part 2)

Keep in mind he essentially ran over the rushing defense who was allowing the 3rd least PPG to RBs going into this game.

My observations..

- He's deceptively good in between the tackles. He's not grinding out yards but he has good enough vision and burst that he can dart through holes pretty quickly. My only beef with him is wasted movement, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread he flails his arms a bunch when changing direction.

- KC is feeding him in the RZ. I'm hoping Ware doesn't step up as a GL option but right now he's seeing a bunch touches/targets in the RZ much like Charles would.

In all honesty, I really do think he has RB1 upside moving forward. There's really only a handful of RBs who dominate touches in between the 20s, in the RZ and receive targets in the passing game. The schedule isn't daunting either, I see he draws SD twice and CLE once in the playoffs. He's a firm hold.

Bloom and Lammey couldn't have sounded less impressed on the recap show. I really don't get it. Here's a guy who is a legitimate three down back with no real competition for carries on an offense that runs through the RB, and everyone is underwhelmed? I get that the KC offense isn't inspiring, but the guy was good in preseason, has some talent, and has as much opportunity as he can handle. I don't see why he's not an RB2+ the rest of the way in PPR. That may not be "season changing", but it's pretty valuable for a lot of teams.

I bought West prior to Steelers game for Crabtree (guy had bye week issues at WR) - I'm happy I picked him up as Dion Lewis was hurt and I plugged West in

Keep in mind he essentially ran over the rushing defense who was allowing the 3rd least PPG to RBs going into this game.

My observations..

- He's deceptively good in between the tackles. He's not grinding out yards but he has good enough vision and burst that he can dart through holes pretty quickly. My only beef with him is wasted movement, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread he flails his arms a bunch when changing direction.

- KC is feeding him in the RZ. I'm hoping Ware doesn't step up as a GL option but right now he's seeing a bunch touches/targets in the RZ much like Charles would.

In all honesty, I really do think he has RB1 upside moving forward. There's really only a handful of RBs who dominate touches in between the 20s, in the RZ and receive targets in the passing game. The schedule isn't daunting either, I see he draws SD twice and CLE once in the playoffs. He's a firm hold.
Thanks for the videos. Really, really appreciate those.

Hard to pencil him in as anything more than RB2 after one dud and one good game, but you are correct that he's got RB1 upside. Waldman mentioned his SPARQ score was very good (better than Tre Mason for instance) but cautioned that from what little he's seen of him, his vision didn't appear to be that great. He also mentioned the offensive line is somewhere in the middle of the league. But anyone getting such a huge % of the workload, including goal line, should be a lock for RB2 production and if it turns out he's got better vision than anticipated then he could easily put up RB1 numbers. Charles was getting about 15 carries and 6.5 targets before injury. If West gets that, it should be enough for roughly 100 YFS per game (Charles was averaging 114). Sprinkle in some TDs and you're golden.

Bloom and Lammey couldn't have sounded less impressed on the recap show. I really don't get it. Here's a guy who is a legitimate three down back with no real competition for carries on an offense that runs through the RB, and everyone is underwhelmed? I get that the KC offense isn't inspiring, but the guy was good in preseason, has some talent, and has as much opportunity as he can handle. I don't see why he's not an RB2+ the rest of the way in PPR. That may not be "season changing", but it's pretty valuable for a lot of teams.
On work-load alone, he's a RB2. Plus he's not a half bad player by my eye. He certainly has the characteristics of an Andy Ried running back.

What's the pessimism here, bad o-line, bad offense? Those issues didn't affect Charles, he put up only slightly less than his typical.

On work-load alone, he's a RB2. Plus he's not a half bad player by my eye. He certainly has the characteristics of an Andy Ried running back.

What's the pessimism here, bad o-line, bad offense? Those issues didn't affect Charles, he put up only slightly less than his typical.
Plus Andy will likely be willing to give him a big workload, something he had tried to keep in-check with Charles.

The offense will only look better with a Maclin back in there. West is best when he can get the edge and having a second receiving option should give them more ways to clear room for him.

When it comes to run blocking, the KC OL is actually pretty decent. The main knock on him (in my mind) is that the Alex Smith-led offense tends to stall often, particularly in the red zone. West could have had an even bigger game, as KC got deep into PIT territory often, but had to settle for field goals 3 times. Also, Reid's total lack of creativity this season doesn't do us any favors - many of West's runs were right up the gut. I'd like to see more of the RB screens they ran with Charles.

....The main knock on him (in my mind) is that the Alex Smith-led offense tends to stall often, particularly in the red zone...Reid's total lack of creativity this season doesn't do us any favors - many of West's runs were right up the gut...
I disagree completely. Andy Reid and Alex Smith are the biggest reasons to like the dude.

....The main knock on him (in my mind) is that the Alex Smith-led offense tends to stall often, particularly in the red zone...Reid's total lack of creativity this season doesn't do us any favors - many of West's runs were right up the gut...
I disagree completely. Andy Reid and Alex Smith are the biggest reasons to like the dude.
Have you seen Reid's playcalling this year? Quite a bit of the time, I don't think he's being much of an asset to anyone but the opposing team. He'll give West a lot of touches, but in the most unimaginative way possible. Between his playcalling and Smith's execution of those poorly called plays, it's no wonder the Chiefs are awful on 3rd down and in the redzone.

My observations..

Hard to pencil him in as anything more than RB2 after one dud and one good game, but you are correct that he's got RB1 upside. Waldman mentioned his SPARQ score was very good (better than Tre Mason for instance) but cautioned that from what little he's seen of him, his vision didn't appear to be that great. He also mentioned the offensive line is somewhere in the middle of the league. But anyone getting such a huge % of the workload, including goal line, should be a lock for RB2 production and if it turns out he's got better vision than anticipated then he could easily put up RB1 numbers. Charles was getting about 15 carries and 6.5 targets before injury. If West gets that, it should be enough for roughly 100 YFS per game (Charles was averaging 114). Sprinkle in some TDs and you're golden.
I think the one of the most important variables moving forward is going to be whether or not KC can keep games close and optimally (for our purposes) hold a lead. West actually saw mores carries last week (22) than Charles saw in any game all season. I'm going to assume it's because KC was nursing the lead. There were games where Charles would barely see 10 carries and I have to assume its because of gameflow.

KC is favored vs. DET this week (line moved to -5). I've noticed that KC's defense has played better at home this year as well. I think this will be a good week to roll West out again.

I think the one of the most important variables moving forward is going to be whether or not KC can keep games close and optimally (for our purposes) hold a lead. West actually saw mores carries last week (22) than Charles saw in any game all season. I'm going to assume it's because KC was nursing the lead. There were games where Charles would barely see 10 carries and I have to assume its because of gameflow.

KC is favored vs. DET this week (line moved to -5). I've noticed that KC's defense has played better at home this year as well. I think this will be a good week to roll West out again.
This game is in London.

My observations..

I'm sure the close game impacted his usage, but the extra run plays could be due in part to the fact that Maclin (almost 10 targets per game) was out of the lineup.

I agree he should be a good play this week again.

I'm glad West bounced back last week. His performance the week before reminded me of that thread several years ago about Ronald Mealy. You guys who have been around this site for a long time should know exactly what thread I'm talking about.

Anyone trading for him? Interested to see what his value is after a clunker and then a good game.

I was offered West and Cobb for Hopkins, but feel like I can't figure out West's value rest of season.

Users who are viewing this thread