What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charcandrick WEST - Should we be talking about this kid ? (1 Viewer)

This. If you own both, and you should, it's nice to know Ware will see the lion's share of carries upon his return.
You're actually better off if you own Ware and DON'T own West because it is clear Ware is the Alpha and Omega option when he gets back and you don't have to waste a roster space.  

Some may say it's a good idea to have West "in case" but we saw what "in case" led to today. It is fool's gold.  

You're actually better off if you own Ware and DON'T own West because it is clear Ware is the Alpha and Omega option when he gets back and you don't have to waste a roster space.  

Some may say it's a good idea to have West "in case" but we saw what "in case" led to today. It is fool's gold.  
I'll take the 9-10 points. It was a tough week at RB. West will end up scoring as a RB2 this week (right now ranked as the 16th ranked RB in my league which is a nice floor for such apparently bad production. I figure he could go down to a rank of 20th by Monday night and retain his RB2 production for this week, worse case. Ware would have got us a zero so I fail to see the logic. Besides this was one game sample and without Smith at QB who is a boon for RBs.

I have owned Ware the entire season and its not like he hasn't had these types of games.

Here is a three week run in scoring for Ware in my league.

@hou 8.90

NYJ 7.03

@PIT 8.13

Ware also only had 5.77 at the half in the game he went down last week so he was on pace for about 11. Ware had 3 great games as well, but 4 ones that I just shown were in line with what West did today with 2nd string QB. I can't comment at how West played as I didn't see the game, but he was definitely worth rostering, and continues to be, especially considering what he has shown in this offense in past games..

Shutout said:

Cool story, but if you own Ware, with six teams on a bye, and he doesn't play, wouldn't it be nice to have the top Chiefs running back in a run first offense? I love me some revisionist history...

Shutout said:

Don't 100% agree with this as if you own Ware, it's good to have a cuff that will likely see a bulk of carries if he goes down (JC out, Davis back but a guy cut by multiple teams is not IMHO, a threat).

However there is wisdom in your advice if you are able to use that spot in another back who presently has a role or would be even more secure as the default facto starter in a good offense if the starter went down.

For example, it's not crazy to rather be carrying Alf Morrison or Hightower right now than West if you are a Ware owner.

Cool story, but if you own Ware, with six teams on a bye, and he doesn't play, wouldn't it be nice to have the top Chiefs running back in a run first offense? I love me some revisionist history...
I guess it shows a difference in mindset.  Some people blow all their FAAB on West or burn a roster spot on the guy all year for that ONE week he gets you an amazing RB3 production while others just draft studs like Ware and use the rest of their resources finding other gems that are actually useful, especially in IDP leagues.  Now that is a cool story. 

I guess it shows a difference in mindset.  Some people blow all their FAAB on West or burn a roster spot on the guy all year for that ONE week he gets you an amazing RB3 production while others just draft studs like Ware and use the rest of their resources finding other gems that are actually useful, especially in IDP leagues.  Now that is a cool story. 
I blew most of my remaining FAB on West but it wasn't just for a 1 week start. It was long term insurance on the Chiefs RB spot. 

I blew most of my remaining FAB on West but it wasn't just for a 1 week start. It was long term insurance on the Chiefs RB spot. 
Yeah, I can see that as a viable strategy.  My response was more in turn to the short, snarky answers a few people have posted making it sound like it is something it is not.  

If I don't have Ware, is this guy worth hanging on to at all?  Malcolm Mitchell is sitting on waivers and West is my only possible drop.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Charcandrick West will meet with the Chiefs on Monday.

Kansas City will also meet with C.J. Anderson as they attempt to pick up the pieces following the Kareem Hunt debacle. West spent the last four seasons with the Chiefs, but he was released during training camp earlier this year.
This move makes more sense for the Chiefs than CJ Anderson, West would be the passing back like last year when Hunt was the starter.

ALL ABOARD THE CHARCNADO!

Chiefs signed RB Charcandrick West.

Kansas City was expected to sign C.J. Anderson, but NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports they are going with West. It makes sense considering West spent the last four seasons including most of training camp this year with the team, so he should know the playbook and be able to help immediately. Kansas City going with West over Anderson is great news for Spencer Ware's rest-of-season outlook.
Assuming he takes over passing down back duties + 6-8 carries he's an immediate Flex IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
West has had 10 games in his career in which he has had 13 or more carries under KC system.  Damien Williams' career high is 11 carries back in 2014, his rookie year.  West was inactive last week because they were okay with Ware/Williams.

Discuss.

West has had 10 games in his career in which he has had 13 or more carries under KC system.  Damien Williams' career high is 11 carries back in 2014, his rookie year.  West was inactive last week because they were okay with Ware/Williams.

Discuss.
West is third string. End of discussion.

Ware is probably out so West would definitely be in the mix. Unless you think Damien Williams is getting 100% of the carries. Doubt the rookie Darrel Williams plays over West.

I picked up West with the slim chance that he will be announced as the starter.  I get it Damien Williams had 2 TDs last week and West was inactive.  West had 848 all purpose yards and 5 total TDs in 2015 under Reid.  In 2016 Ware took over.  Then Hunt was drafted in 2017.

Of note on 1/1/2017 playoff game vs the LAC West was the featured back with Spencer Ware injured and he had 16 rush 58 yards 5 rec 58 yards and 2 TDs.

His career average vs LAC 47 rush 132 yards 15 rec 144 yards 2 TDs so he is familiar with facing them.  Not going in blind on this one.  But if I hear something from a beat writer or an insider West is going in my flex.

Users who are viewing this thread