Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Flint Fireballs!

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks

He was ruled out for this week with the optimism he would be back next week. He has apparently been ruled out for next week too. Week 11 at the earliest. If he's being ruled out a week ahead of time, he can't be very close.

I've read that they hope to have him practice in week 10 and back for week 11. I think they ease him back in when he does finally get back. Hopefully full production by the time FF playoffs roll around.

2 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

I've read that they hope to have him practice in week 10 and back for week 11. I think they ease him back in when he does finally get back. Hopefully full production by the time FF playoffs roll around.

By the time FF playoffs roll around, Seattle has 3 awful matchups.  4 if you count week 13.

Finally cut bait.  Might regret it, but doubtful.  Picked up Hunter Henry for rest of the season.  Tired of the dead weight.

What's the play here?  Is he startable this week?  Vs a tough Philly run d?  

It's bw Rawls, hill, and Crowell for me.  The other 2 have better matchups.  But I'm tempted! 

16 minutes ago, rickyg said:

What's the play here?  Is he startable this week?  Vs a tough Philly run d?  

It's bw Rawls, hill, and Crowell for me.  The other 2 have better matchups.  But I'm tempted! 

With as well as CJ Prosise played (and he does indeed look like a receiver playing RB) I don't see any reason for this to not be a 50/50 split. Which is good for CJ and keeps the Seattle team in a pass-heavy mindset for this game. They only had 38 plays last week - an abysmal number.

However...

Philly, has a solid D that isn't actually good vs the run. They give up 4.4 per carry which is 7th worst in the league. But they don't allow a ton of attempts based upon the tremendous pass D which allows only 57% completions and is 2nd best in the entire NFL (Denver).

Seems like a good time to go run heavy for Seattle, but I'm not sure you want to expose Rawls or CJ to that right now. In two weeks - sure.

Edited by BigSteelThrill

Michael must have done something...........dropping him seems extreme if not.  Either way, perfect timing and good sign here as a Rawls owner.

7 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

With as well as CJ Prosise played (and he does indeed look like a receiver playing RB) I don't see any reason for this to not be a 50/50 split. Which is good for CJ and keeps the Seattle team in a pass-heavy mindset for this game. They only had 38 plays last week - an abysmal number.

However...

Philly, has a solid D that isn't actually good vs the run. They give up 4.4 per carry which is 7th worst in the league. But they don't allow a ton of attempts based upon the tremendous pass D which allows only 57% completions and is 2nd best in the entire NFL (Denver).

Seems like a good time to go run heavy for Seattle, but I'm not sure you want to expose Rawls or CJ to that right now. In two weeks - sure.

That's not quite accurate about Philly run D. They were without DT Bennie Logan last few weeks. They can shut the run down. The real issue is they are a different team at home than on the road.

25 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

That's not quite accurate about Philly run D. They were without DT Bennie Logan last few weeks. They can shut the run down. The real issue is they are a different team at home than on the road.

[EDIT for error]

Actually its worse.

Without Logan in game 7,8,9:  they had 105 85 rushes for 334 yards allowed. 3.18 3.93 per carry.

So with Logan that 4.4 per carry is likely 4.7+ range.

Edited by BigSteelThrill

10 hours ago, scott46984 said:

Michael must have done something...........dropping him seems extreme if not.  Either way, perfect timing and good sign here as a Rawls owner.

He's not very good.  A good player does not continuously get dropped by multiple teams after given the chance to start numerous times.  They probably got tired of watching him run into the back of his OL and falling over.

• Like 3

Would you rather have Rawls ROS over Mathews? Situations are pretty similar with Sproles and Prosise the 3rd down/receiving backs.

7 minutes ago, BlueDredSo said:

Would you rather have Rawls ROS over Mathews? Situations are pretty similar with Sproles and Prosise the 3rd down/receiving backs.

Rawls, and it isn't close.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueDredSo said:

Matthews just peaked for ROS, Rawls is just ramping up.

I need this guy to come through, I'm desperate.

Worries me though about how many touches Prosise is going to take away.

Also week 15 and 16 vs LA and Arizona, not the best fantasy playoff matchups.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyJabroni said:

Worries me though about how many touches Prosise is going to take away.

I am guessing that Prosise's (heavy) usage was largely viewed as a bridge gap between C-Mike's deteriorating situation and Rawls return. If Rawls is healthy he assumes his old role IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueDredSo said:

I would say the SEA RB situation is more similar to CIN than it is to PHI. 

23 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Matthews just peaked for ROS, Rawls is just ramping up.

I agree with this. It's unlikely Matthews is going to be all that consistent week to week. Doug Peterson likes to get several guys involved.

Rawls to the walls won me 2 championships last year, the name itself is magical. ship it

Moved Josh Doctson for this guy in a dynasty.  Doctson wasn't helping me the rest of this year.

I'm reading mixed reports about his usage this Sunday. Hopefully we'll know more by Sunday.

8 hours ago, Duffy said:

After watching this Rawls Interview , I have a feeling that the coaching staff may have trouble keeping him off the field.  :)

Yeah doesn't strike me as the guy who is gonna just let CJ Prosise take his starting job while he settles for backup duty.  He seems to have the "it" factor that drives the great ones to be great.  I hope he can avoid any more injury.  He is a fun guy to watch.  

My options this week are not that great to begin with (Terrance West, Rashad Jennings, James White).  It's pick your poison time.  I think any of these guys is a soft ceiling of 6-8 points in PPR.  Even if Rawls is a COP guy for his first game back, I think he can surpass 10 fantasy points on just one good run.  I'm plugging in and praying.  

28 minutes ago, Raiderfan32904 said:

My options this week are not that great to begin with (Terrance West, Rashad Jennings, James White).  It's pick your poison time.  I think any of these guys is a soft ceiling of 6-8 points in PPR.  Even if Rawls is a COP guy for his first game back, I think he can surpass 10 fantasy points on just one good run.  I'm plugging in and praying.  

Yeah. My hope for Rawls this week (and ROS) is goal line work. As great as CJ looked last week in the open field in dump offs and a few runs, he did not look like much of a threat at all running inside on the goal line. I gotta think Rawls is at a minimum in the running for those carries. I'd be thrilled with a line of 7/30/1

Watching the actual press conference, the vibe is that Rawls will get mixed in here and there, not the feature back or even the starter.

3 hours ago, 2ksports said:

Watching the actual press conference, the vibe is that Rawls will get mixed in here and there, not the feature back or even the starter.

In game one with Michael starting and getting a 52-to-22 snap advantage over Rawls (who was mixed in here and there and not yet considered the feature back) --- the touch differential was only 17 to 15.

3 hours ago, 2ksports said:

Dude, your pathetic Prosise lobbying is infecting multiple threads at this point. Give it a rest and let's see how it plays out on Sunday. 

Rawls vs Prosise '16 is starting to look like Trump-Clinton.

The only people who know how this will play out at this point are Carrol and Bevel. Until then, it's all a guessing game. You obviously are waiting in anticipation with your Prosise pickup the same as the Rawls owners are. Let's see what happens.

Edited by Johnny Utah #9

4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Less Filling Tastes Great

Stupid formatting, can't fix it.

Bottom line.

He has fresh legs.

He's gonna get used.

He's going to produce at the perfect time for fantasy playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Bottom line.

He has fresh legs.

He's gonna get used.

He's going to produce at the perfect time for fantasy playoffs.

I still think CJ will get some touches. Folks in here seem to think they have a top 5 RB the rest of the way. We'll see. 

16 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

In game one with Michael starting and getting a 52-to-22 snap advantage over Rawls (who was mixed in here and there and not yet considered the feature back) --- the touch differential was only 17 to 15.

I actually think that's what's going to happen, a similar snap count split to week 1.  I get the feeling that people are expecting a lot more than that based on Pete's comments.

21 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Who's rolling him out there this week?

I'm considering him over Gio at flex

Got the same decision here as well. Strongly considering it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I'm using him as my flex in both my leagues 

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Considering over Hyde or Diggs.

I have both Rawls and Prosise - planning on playing Prosise this week because Eagles have stopped the run well but I think Prosise will get several receptions in this PPR league.

Would love to see Rawls look good in whatever snaps he has and be a starter for me in coming weeks and playoffs in Weeks 15 & 16

7 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

PLEASE delete that whole post - it is clutting this entire thread

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Hook said:

PLEASE delete that whole post - it is clutting this entire thread

PLEASE !!!

17 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Starting him over Gio

Me too. Gio burns me so much I may never start him again. I can't give him away in a dynasty.