What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (2 Viewers)

Finally cut bait.  Might regret it, but doubtful.  Picked up Hunter Henry for rest of the season.  Tired of the dead weight.

What's the play here?  Is he startable this week?  Vs a tough Philly run d?  

It's bw Rawls, hill, and Crowell for me.  The other 2 have better matchups.  But I'm tempted! 

rickyg said:
What's the play here?  Is he startable this week?  Vs a tough Philly run d?  

It's bw Rawls, hill, and Crowell for me.  The other 2 have better matchups.  But I'm tempted! 
With as well as CJ Prosise played (and he does indeed look like a receiver playing RB) I don't see any reason for this to not be a 50/50 split. Which is good for CJ and keeps the Seattle team in a pass-heavy mindset for this game. They only had 38 plays last week - an abysmal number.

However...

Philly, has a solid D that isn't actually good vs the run. They give up 4.4 per carry which is 7th worst in the league. But they don't allow a ton of attempts based upon the tremendous pass D which allows only 57% completions and is 2nd best in the entire NFL (Denver).

Seems like a good time to go run heavy for Seattle, but I'm not sure you want to expose Rawls or CJ to that right now. In two weeks - sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael must have done something...........dropping him seems extreme if not.  Either way, perfect timing and good sign here as a Rawls owner.

With as well as CJ Prosise played (and he does indeed look like a receiver playing RB) I don't see any reason for this to not be a 50/50 split. Which is good for CJ and keeps the Seattle team in a pass-heavy mindset for this game. They only had 38 plays last week - an abysmal number.

However...

Philly, has a solid D that isn't actually good vs the run. They give up 4.4 per carry which is 7th worst in the league. But they don't allow a ton of attempts based upon the tremendous pass D which allows only 57% completions and is 2nd best in the entire NFL (Denver).

Seems like a good time to go run heavy for Seattle, but I'm not sure you want to expose Rawls or CJ to that right now. In two weeks - sure.
That's not quite accurate about Philly run D. They were without DT Bennie Logan last few weeks. They can shut the run down. The real issue is they are a different team at home than on the road.

That's not quite accurate about Philly run D. They were without DT Bennie Logan last few weeks. They can shut the run down. The real issue is they are a different team at home than on the road.
[EDIT for error]

Actually its worse.

Without Logan in game 7,8,9:  they had 105 85 rushes for 334 yards allowed. 3.18 3.93 per carry.

So with Logan that 4.4 per carry is likely 4.7+ range.

Michael must have done something...........dropping him seems extreme if not.  Either way, perfect timing and good sign here as a Rawls owner.
He's not very good.  A good player does not continuously get dropped by multiple teams after given the chance to start numerous times.  They probably got tired of watching him run into the back of his OL and falling over.

Would you rather have Rawls ROS over Mathews? Situations are pretty similar with Sproles and Prosise the 3rd down/receiving backs.

I need this guy to come through, I'm desperate.

Worries me though about how many touches Prosise is going to take away.

Also week 15 and 16 vs LA and Arizona, not the best fantasy playoff matchups.

After watching this Rawls Interview , I have a feeling that the coaching staff may have trouble keeping him off the field.  :)
Yeah doesn't strike me as the guy who is gonna just let CJ Prosise take his starting job while he settles for backup duty.  He seems to have the "it" factor that drives the great ones to be great.  I hope he can avoid any more injury.  He is a fun guy to watch.  

My options this week are not that great to begin with (Terrance West, Rashad Jennings, James White).  It's pick your poison time.  I think any of these guys is a soft ceiling of 6-8 points in PPR.  Even if Rawls is a COP guy for his first game back, I think he can surpass 10 fantasy points on just one good run.  I'm plugging in and praying.  

My options this week are not that great to begin with (Terrance West, Rashad Jennings, James White).  It's pick your poison time.  I think any of these guys is a soft ceiling of 6-8 points in PPR.  Even if Rawls is a COP guy for his first game back, I think he can surpass 10 fantasy points on just one good run.  I'm plugging in and praying.  
Yeah. My hope for Rawls this week (and ROS) is goal line work. As great as CJ looked last week in the open field in dump offs and a few runs, he did not look like much of a threat at all running inside on the goal line. I gotta think Rawls is at a minimum in the running for those carries. I'd be thrilled with a line of 7/30/1

Watching the actual press conference, the vibe is that Rawls will get mixed in here and there, not the feature back or even the starter.

Watching the actual press conference, the vibe is that Rawls will get mixed in here and there, not the feature back or even the starter.
In game one with Michael starting and getting a 52-to-22 snap advantage over Rawls (who was mixed in here and there and not yet considered the feature back) --- the touch differential was only 17 to 15.

Dude, your pathetic Prosise lobbying is infecting multiple threads at this point. Give it a rest and let's see how it plays out on Sunday. 

Rawls vs Prosise '16 is starting to look like Trump-Clinton.

The only people who know how this will play out at this point are Carrol and Bevel. Until then, it's all a guessing game. You obviously are waiting in anticipation with your Prosise pickup the same as the Rawls owners are. Let's see what happens.

BigSteelThrill said:
In game one with Michael starting and getting a 52-to-22 snap advantage over Rawls (who was mixed in here and there and not yet considered the feature back) --- the touch differential was only 17 to 15.
I actually think that's what's going to happen, a similar snap count split to week 1.  I get the feeling that people are expecting a lot more than that based on Pete's comments.

I have both Rawls and Prosise - planning on playing Prosise this week because Eagles have stopped the run well but I think Prosise will get several receptions in this PPR league.

Would love to see Rawls look good in whatever snaps he has and be a starter for me in coming weeks and playoffs in Weeks 15 & 16

Me too. Gio burns me so much I may never start him again. I can't give him away in a dynasty.
Wow really?  In PPR, I have gio in over rawls and didn't give it much thought otherwise. Seems like gio has a higher floor than Rawls but would like to hear your thinking. 

Wow really?  In PPR, I have gio in over rawls and didn't give it much thought otherwise. Seems like gio has a higher floor than Rawls but would like to hear your thinking. 
I think Cincy's utilization or lack there of with Gio is borderline criminal. I don't trust it. He blows up when you don't expect it and craps the bed in prime matchups because he's just not in the game plan. I must admit though that it's a hit personal for me as I've lost 2 games by less than 5 pts in weeks where he's bombed and I keep saying never again! He's on my 2017 do not draft list.

I fully expect Rawls to be the goaline back with 8-10 carries at worst this week. I will take 40 & 1 in my flex.

Users who are viewing this thread