What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Laquon Treadwell, SEA (1 Viewer)

I remember watching him fall on draft day and being excited about it... mainly because I really wanted the Vikings to draft Doctson.

But then I felt like the consolation prize was that at least we got the highest rated WR as a steal.

Guess the scouts know more than I do.

Treadwell just turned 23 years old in June.

It is possible that he will end up having a productive career yet as a NFL WR. It's not his fault that Diggs and Theilen are so good. 

He’s had lots of things holding him back and hasn’t really gotten a shot. He’s a great late round draft stash, IMO. He’s almost a year younger than Anthony Miller, think about that for a second. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the positive news about Treadwell the last month or so, including Kirk Cousins saying he isn't focused on getting any particular player the ball, just going to who is open, and that being Treadwell fairly often, I did not really see anything different from Treadwell on the field Saturday.

He is still slow and from what I can see was not getting separation. On the one reception he did make he was able to break the first tackle, but he lost yardage on the play, would have had a bit more if he would have just gone down in the first place.

Treadwell played on the most offensive snaps for a skill player with 41 (53%) 1 target 1 reception 3 yards.

I won’t beat the drum for treadwell but he was pretty young entering the league. If you liked him then I would think you have to let him develop. 
Very good point. He is a buy for dynasty given his price and that he is only 23. Even though his combine was really disappointing, he still was an impact player in college football at 18. It's possible he could become a decent bye week fill-in with potential for more if Diggs or Thielen get hurt. 

Ben Goessling @GoesslingStrib

We caught a glimpse of what Laquon Treadwell can be in the Vikings' offense at the end of practice today. He beat his man off the line in a red zone drill, went up and hauled in a high throw from Kirk Cousins. Textbook example of what John DeFilippo wants in the red zone.

Definitely not high on Treadwell at this point, but he's made strides every year and his lack of PT/production is less damning when you consider that the two guys dominating the target shares (Diggs and Thielen) are both very good. Treadwell reminds me of some of those mid 90s WRs like Keyshawn Johnson. Limited mobility, but big frame. I think on a new team he could be a serviceable #2 WR. 

Definitely not high on Treadwell at this point, but he's made strides every year and his lack of PT/production is less damning when you consider that the two guys dominating the target shares (Diggs and Thielen) are both very good. Treadwell reminds me of some of those mid 90s WRs like Keyshawn Johnson. Limited mobility, but big frame. I think on a new team he could be a serviceable #2 WR. 
No. He’s brutal. 

Will be out of the league within 24 months. 

averaging 4 targets, 3 catches and 25 yds per game, with no tds.  and its his 3rd season.  :(

i have thielan and space to burn on my roster so im adding him for kicks.
Still holding him in the 3 leagues I drafted him from 1.04 to 1.06 :bag: . Holding out hoping he gets traded to another team as the targets will never be there in Minnesota, barring an injury to Thielen or Diggs.

Another concentration drop by Treadwell in most recent game on critical 3rd down. Easy slant pass that set him up to get the first down but Treadwell seems to get stiff in these pressure situations and does not catch the ball naturally at all when under pressure.

Cousins has really given Treadwell a chance to become a bigger part of the offense, but plays like that have to be changing his mind, especially on 3rd down.

Hard to feel bad for the guy.  Even if he never plays another game:

• Laquon Treadwell signed a 4 year, $9,934,979 contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including a $1,806,360 signing bonus, $9,484,979 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,483,745.
Hopefully he hasn't been overspending that.  $9.4M should be enough to set you up pretty well in life, especially if you then decide to go and pick up a second career for some spending cash.  And you have to imagine he can at least catch on somewhere as like a WR5, even if only at the league minimum ($480k per year), for another 10 years.

All that for playing a game.  Life could be a lot worse for him.

This is what makes me shake my head. I felt this is the reason they drafted him, yet they haven't even given him a jump ball shot in the red zone. Not saying he is good or bad but I thought that was the skill set they were looking for and haven't even tried it.  :loco:
I'll say it again with the new OC...

The Vikings are expected to decline WR Laquon Treadwell's fifth-year team option for 2020.

Spoiler alert. The No. 23 overall pick of the 2016 draft has just 56 grabs in three seasons. 2018 was his "most productive" campaign — 35/302/1 — but he averaged a pathetic 8.6 yards per grab. We would not even consider Treadwell a lock to make the 2019 53-man roster.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Apr 30, 2019, 3:48 PM ET

Vikings declined WR Laquon Treadwell's fifth-year team option for 2020.

Treadwell's option, which would have paid him $10.2 million, was never going to get picked up. His $2.5 million dead money hit is the only thing saving his roster spot.

SOURCE: Courtney Cronin on Twitter

May 1, 2019, 4:41 PM ET

I took him at 1.02, and it stung for years. 

I should have known Laquon was trouble when he went through combine drills with a backwards hat, then stood on stage on draft day with his 5 year old lol

There's one thing in particular that just makes me question Treadwell and those are the plays where he looks backwards as if he doesn't know what to do next. Just really sticks out when I've watched him. He looks lost on some plays, or just doesn't seem involved at all. Not quite sure how to take it yet as I do like him, it's just sticking out like a sore thumb in my mind that I can't let go of.
Man you really nailed him here.

I took him at 1.02, and it stung for years. 

I should have known Laquon was trouble when he went through combine drills with a backwards hat, then stood on stage on draft day with his 5 year old lol
Kenneth Dixon, 1.05  :sadbanana:

Michael Thomas, 1.07  :pickle:

Man you really nailed him here.
And yet my first couple of posts about him were that I was on board.  And you keep reading what I said about Treadwell and it slowly gets worse and worse haha.  I find that funny, you might not but that's fine.  Thanks for the laugh.  

And yet my first couple of posts about him were that I was on board.  And you keep reading what I said about Treadwell and it slowly gets worse and worse haha.  I find that funny, you might not but that's fine.  Thanks for the laugh.  
It really mirrors the whole Treadwell experience. 

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports Laquon Treadwell is in danger of getting cut.

This wouldn't come as a surprise after Minnesota declined Treadwell's fifth-year option. Chad Beebe and Jordan Taylor outplayed Treadwell at OTAs and should open training camp ahead of him. The Vikings would take a $2.5 million dead money hit and save just $655K to release Treadwell.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 6, 2019, 11:23 AM ET

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Vikings have made Laquon Treadwell available for trade.

Same. The Vikings are hoping to find a team willing to part ways with a Day 3 pick now that Chad Beebe has emerged as a viable No. 3 receiver behind Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. Treadwell is in danger of being cut if the Vikings can't get a team to bite on the former first-round pick. Treadwell has one career touchdown.

SOURCE: SI.com

Aug 14, 2019, 5:23 PM ET

Vikings waived WR Laquon Treadwell.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Vikes are still trying to trade the 2016 first-rounder, but this move has been a long-time coming. A possession/YAC-type receiver coming out of Ole Miss, Treadwell couldn't get on the field as a rookie and was scarcely more successful as a second- or third-year pro. 35 of his 56 career receptions came last season, though he averaged a truly pitiful 8.6 yards in the process. Those are the numbers of a blocking tight end. Although he's still only 24, Treadwell is not going to be an attractive "second chance" prospect on the open market.

RELATED: 

Minnesota Vikings

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 31, 2019, 11:32 AM ET

Bust. Thought he'd be better than this.

That WR draft was weird. Wasn't it Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, and Fuller as the first rounders?

If you had a top 3-4 rookie pick that year, you're probably not loving it right now. I know I burned the 1.03 or 1.02 on Laquon in one league.

The guys who got Michael Thomas in the mid first are probably feeling pretty good though.

Always thought Treadwell fit the literal one-dimension 'high point the ball in the end zone' tall WR who really lacked the speed/separation for the NFL. Was stunned he went in the 1st Round (he never struck me as close to similar to guys like Josh Gordon, etc.) and it looks like Minnesota finally gave up on his potential. He could probably land on another team's roster but I'd be surprised if he ever becomes more than a 4th or 5th WR option for an NFL team.

I'm not. He's a top 100 WR. I don't think that's all that controversial. I will be surprised if he isn't picked up soon.
Top 100? No!!!!!!

Chad Beebe just took the WR3 job from him in Minnesota.  Hypothetically, whose 3rd WR could he displace, which would theoretically make him top 96.  I made an imperfect list of each teams' WR3.

Willie Snead

Keesean Johnson

Zay Jones

Mohamed Sanu

John Ross

Chris Hogan

Rashard Higgins

Taylor Gabriel

DaeSean Hamilton

Randall Cobb

Keke Coutee

Danny Amendola

Paris Campbell

Geronimo Allison

D. J. Chark

Cooper Kupp

Mecole Hardman

Chad Beebe

Travis Benjamin

Tre'Quan Smith

Preston Williams

Bennie Fowler

N'Keal Harry

Nelson Agholor

Quincy Enunwa

Deebo Samuel

Hunter Renfrow

David Moore

James Washington

Breshad Perriman

A. J. Brown

Trey Quinn

It would be really tough for him to crack this list, not to mention some teams have 5 or more WR's they'd rather have.  Absent special teams value, he is probably out of the league.

Users who are viewing this thread