What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

Why limit yourself? Give us your entire roster. We'll guide you through it with personalized recommendations and estimated production. Is your league still allowing trading? What's the scoring like? Forget that - just post a link to your league rules. We'll parse through them to help give you any and every advantage. It's playoff time and we want *you* to win! 
aww Man-- did your feelings get hurt?? You gonna be ok? Cant believe you didnt even get 1 'like' for your great response.. Must suck not being cool. 

Wish I had better options as I had to pare down my RB stable to cover for WR injury elsewhere. Debating whether to start him as an RB2 over Ingram, or in the flex over Snead or Gabriel.

TEN is a tough opponent, but the home field gives me pause as I think KC can get a lead and grind out the clock leading at least to volume.

I desperately don't want to have to trust Ware, but looks like I can't quit him just yet.

Wish I had better options as I had to pare down my RB stable to cover for WR injury elsewhere. Debating whether to start him as an RB2 over Ingram, or in the flex over Snead or Gabriel.

TEN is a tough opponent, but the home field gives me pause as I think KC can get a lead and grind out the clock leading at least to volume.

I desperately don't want to have to trust Ware, but looks like I can't quit him just yet.
Can't play ingram 

Can't play ingram 
Care to elaborate? ASide form being hated from his coach and put in a timeshare where he can be south of 50% attempts to HIghtower, that is.

That's how it's been most of the year, and INgram has found spots to shine, and sometimes put up a solid floor. 

You think the matchup @ ARI is worse than what Ware can do at home? MIght be a valid point. Just curious as to what you're thinking here.

Care to elaborate? ASide form being hated from his coach and put in a timeshare where he can be south of 50% attempts to HIghtower, that is.

That's how it's been most of the year, and INgram has found spots to shine, and sometimes put up a solid floor. 

You think the matchup @ ARI is worse than what Ware can do at home? MIght be a valid point. Just curious as to what you're thinking here.
Bad match up, usage concerns, new Orleans o line is garbage.  On the road, he's injured. 

Playing Coleman over him in one league. Gonna pick a ww rb over him in another unless Gordon somehow playsp

I have to pick two of Ware, Gurley and Martin.  Maybe Gordon will play?  I am putting in a claim for Farrow.  Right now I have Martin and Ware in the lineup. 

In no order Johnson, bell, zeke, McCoy, freeman, howard, murray, hyde, miller, hill, ajayi, rawls. That's just off the top of my head who I would put before him.

Other guys like Dixon, Kelly, SD running back, coleman and blount I'd probably feel more comfortable with too.  20 might be about right....

I understand Ware has been frustrating recently, but I think some people are going a little overboard. He gets a ton of work, has a solid floor and has huge upside. I'm not really excited to be starting him in either of my leagues, but it could be a lot worse and I think you'd need to have a pretty damn good team to be benching him. 

For example, I definitely wouldn't start Ingram over him. There's really not a single thing that goes in Ingram's favor and it's not like he's been outproducing Ware recently. He has 1 week over 7.5 points in the past 5. In terms of this week, Ingram has a bad matchup, Saints struggle on the road which will probably lead to a bad game flow for Ingram and he is lucky if he see's more than 10 touches a game. Ware on the other hand has a decent matchup, is home where the Chiefs are great and gameflow should be in his favor, and gets 15-20 touches at minimum a week. 

I'd consider Ware a top 15 play at RB this week, which makes for a solid RB2/FLEX with excellent upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to choose between Ware, Dixon, Sanders at flex in one league and Ware and Howard as my RB2 in another. Both PPR.

I'm putting off making the decision. 

I haven't analyzed all the variables yet but right now I'm leaning towards sitting him, yeah. I think I'd need to hear that key pieces of TEN's DL were out this Sunday to start him. 
TEN has an underrated D against the run - pretty stout in terms of FP allowed to opposing backs. This has me pondering how well Ware will do as well.

Trembley has Ware at RB #5 for the week. Double take or not. I predict Dodds put him at around RB #12, and then finally Bloom... who knows?
Forget the ratings... complete BS. Ware scores he's top 5, TD gets called back because of holding he's 10-15.

Forget the ratings... complete BS. Ware scores he's top 5, TD gets called back because of holding he's 10-15.
This.  One of the footballers had Ware as his start of the week last week.  How'd that go?  NFL is tough to predict.  Even for the experts.  You ever want to be entertained, listen to these expert podcasts the day AFTER the games and see how sure they are of completely wrong takes.  It's tough.

On average, Titans giving up 18-74-0.4 and 4-43-0.2 versus the rush. Stout across the board.

Maybe more relevant for Ware, they rank about right in the middle in Y/C on runs to middle/guard.

I definitely start Powell over him this week, not so sure about Farrow though as there seems to be a Hillman narrative gaining steam. 
Agree with this, knock on Farrow is in pass pro, which Hillman has experience doing. Farrow had a solid showing, but still think he splits evenly with Hillman, with Farrow taking 1st and 2nd, and Hillman taking 3rd and passing downs.

Very nervous about a stinker with Ware against an underrated TEN run D. I trust that he'll get the volume -- not a lot of trust he'll rise above a flex play.

Agree with this, knock on Farrow is in pass pro, which Hillman has experience doing. Farrow had a solid showing, but still think he splits evenly with Hillman, with Farrow taking 1st and 2nd, and Hillman taking 3rd and passing downs.

Very nervous about a stinker with Ware against an underrated TEN run D. I trust that he'll get the volume -- not a lot of trust he'll rise above a flex play.
Hillman is a horrible pass blocker

Hillman is a horrible pass blocker
I don't know about horrible, that's a pretty broad statement, but he certainly isn't Gore in this department.

Regardless, it's a moot argument, as he'll be trusted more than Farrow, who allowed that critical strip-sack vs the Panthers last weekend. 

Absolutes don't matter in these situations; relational value does.

Ware yards per rush has been going down for the last three games as has his targets and number of receptions. I wonder if his targets are going to Tyreek Hill?

So torn on Ware this week. He's going to get the ball, but I wonder if weather is going to play a serious role here.

Going to be super cold. Ball will be hard to handle. Could see both teams playing conservative and a battle of field position ensues. Understanding KCs ability to score on D, I could see Reid just ramming Ware into the line, punting the ball, and hoping to win a 13-9 type game.

Don't see a ton of upside here. My other alternative is J. Howard who is running into the same weather conditions and possibly poorer game script if GB gets out in front.

So torn on Ware this week. He's going to get the ball, but I wonder if weather is going to play a serious role here.

Going to be super cold. Ball will be hard to handle. Could see both teams playing conservative and a battle of field position ensues. Understanding KCs ability to score on D, I could see Reid just ramming Ware into the line, punting the ball, and hoping to win a 13-9 type game.

Don't see a ton of upside here. My other alternative is J. Howard who is running into the same weather conditions and possibly poorer game script if GB gets out in front.
I have both Howard and Ware too. Wouldn't the cold be a good things for these guys? Usually it means more run plays, which obviously means more touches and opportunities for them.

I have both Howard and Ware too. Wouldn't the cold be a good things for these guys? Usually it means more run plays, which obviously means more touches and opportunities for them.
In Ware's case I'm not so sure and this is strictly because of Andy Reid. His play calling is conservative and odd as it is. In the OAK game, the KC offense...which was rolling...just turtled. I can't imagine what he'll do if KC gets any kind of lead. He'll just play a field possession game and play the odds that TN screws up, fumbles, or punts to T. Hill who returns it for a TD.

I have much more confidence in John Fox doing what you should do here -- pass and throw it to Howard.

Ware yards per rush has been going down for the last three games as has his targets and number of receptions. I wonder if his targets are going to Tyreek Hill?
I highlighted this much earlier in the thread. Week 1 was a statistical outlier, he was essentially only seeing 2-3 targets a game from week 2 on.

I have the same choices and I'm starting Howard for a couple reasons, primarily because Howard is just better haha. Howard has 5 games this year with 100+ yards on the ground despite not even really getting involved until October. Ware has only done it ####### once all year. ####### once. He's literally Gurley.

Howard is more involved in the passing game when game flow doesn't go CHI's way. He's not particularly efficient but in the last 5 games he's run for 100+ yards twice. In the 3 other games where game flow didn't allow him to compile yards (although he still complied more yards than Ware) on the ground he was targeted a whopping 18 times in the passing game. In Ware's case it really doesn't matter he's not going to see a lot of targets regardless.

Only one RB has been able to truly run all over TEN this year (Gordon ran for 196 yards), no other RB has rushed for more than 84 yards vs. them. GB has allowed Murray, Elliot and Kelley to run for 120+ yards on the ground.

The one thing technically in Ware's favor is gameflow, where KC is favored in Ware's game but GB is favored in Howard's game. The thing is, Rodgers is hurt and this is a divisional game in CHI. I think this game will remain competitive. Even then, remember, Howard will see targets if GB pulls ahead early anyway.

So like, Howard is the correct choice even if it doesn't pan out. The fact that experts still have Ware ranked as a consensus RB1 (the most accurate experts might I add) means they aren't paying attention like those of us in this thread are. That's the only plausible explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread