What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (5 Viewers)

CMC 1,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 1: 19 rushes 128 yards (2TD), 10 receptions 81 yards

Game 2: 16 rushes 37 yards, 2 receptions 16 yards 

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,320 yds rushing, 776 yds receiving, 16 total TD's

Still on pace for 2k total yards. Beast. :cool:  

Cams accuracy is worse than ever.   Samuels, Moore and Olsen are not the problem.  They are getting open.  My biggest concern is that the Oline is really bad.  They cannot run or pass block.  
It was bad.   The one handed catch Olsen made was a routine throw.  Most professional quarterbacks hit Olsen in stride and that play is a touchdown.     

Looks like his touches are down almost 40% from week 1... at this rate he'll be droppable by week 5. :P

Gonna be all eyes on McCaffrey now that everyone knows you can just let the receivers run wide open.

It was bad.   The one handed catch Olsen made was a routine throw.  Most professional quarterbacks hit Olsen in stride and that play is a touchdown.     
It was beyond bad.  Olsen is a pro and managed to corral that one, but Cam threw an identical one to Samuel across the middle earlier in the game that he couldn't get hold of.  He missed Samuel twice when he was open short, just threw it too far out of reach, and everything he threw at Moore seemed to be at his feet.

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Nah jk. These games happen. Especially on short weeks. Thursday night games suck for predicting results.

He's great, I love the guy, but projecting 1 game into year-long stats is not the smartest way to go, Skippy.

Christian McCaffrey rushed 24 times for 153 yards and one touchdown in the Panthers' Week 3 win over the Cardinals, adding three catches for 35 yards on four targets.

The bulk of that production came on a career-long 76-yard touchdown run right up the middle of the Cardinals' barely-there defense. It was an excellent rebound game for McCaffrey after he stalled out with 53 empty yards in Week 2. He's the best in the sport at his position. McCaffrey will be an elite RB1 again next week in Houston.

Sep 22, 2019, 7:28 PM ET

Game 1: 19 rushes 128 yards (2 TD), 10 receptions 81 yards

Game 3: 24 rushes 153 yards (1 TD), 3 receptions 35 yards

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,696 yds rushing, 704 yds receiving, 16 total TD's

Still on pace for 2k yards. BEAST. :cool:  

Christian McCaffrey rushed 27 times for 93 yards and a score in the Panthers' Week 4 win over the Texans, adding 10 receptions for 86 additional yards.

McCaffrey was the best player on the field all afternoon. He seemed to make at least the first man miss almost every time he caught the ball on his way to racking up numerous chunk plays throughout the afternoon. CMC’s best play came on a third-down conversion when he tipped an off-target pass to himself twice before making a diving catch and sliding past the sticks. Continue to fire him up as fantasy’s No. 1 overall RB next week vs. the Jaguars.

Sep 29, 2019, 4:39 PM ET

Game 4: 27 rushes 93 yards (1 TD), 10 receptions 86 yards

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,644 yds rushing, 872 yds receiving, 16 total TD's

Now on pace for over 2,500 total yards. BEAST.  :cool:  

Game 4: 27 rushes 93 yards (1 TD), 10 receptions 86 yards

SEASON PROJECTION: 1,644 yds rushing, 872 yds receiving, 16 total TD's

Now on pace for over 2,500 total yards. BEAST.  :cool:  
We still doing this? I owned CMC last year and kept pace with this. I don't have him in any of my leagues so haven't really come into this thread. I love that this tracker is still going!

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 4

Excerpt:

1. If we exclude a meaningless Week 17 game where Christian McCaffrey played on just 14% of his team’s snaps, McCaffrey has now scored at least 25.0 fantasy points in 10 of his last 12 games. Over this span, he’s averaging 30.0 fantasy points per game. Only four times in NFL history has a running back averaged 30.0 or more fantasy points per game in a single season. Over his last 16 games he’s averaging 26.9 fantasy points per game — or what would be the ninth-most by any running back in any season all-time.

As I’ve argued since Week 1 in this space, McCaffrey is the single most valuable commodity in fantasy football. We haven’t seen numbers like this from a running back since the days of Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes, and LaDainian Tomlinson — when it was basically impossible to win your league without one of these running backs. There’s more parity in fantasy these days, but this does speak to McCaffrey’s unrivaled upside as a possible league-winner.

Jourdan Rodrigue @JourdanRodrigue

Norv Turner, after getting a McCaffrey/workload Q: I know the day is coming when Christian only gets 18 carries/3 catches and I come in and you guys ask why we aren’t using him enough. 

Adds more seriously that he doesn’t think it’s an issue unless it happens too frequently.

Jourdan Rodrigue @JourdanRodrigue

Norv: “We can’t have him have (a 37-touch) load over a long period of time, but he handled it great.”

Also adds that in his work with their analytics guy, they’re saying to throw to RBs more. 

“We throw to one back...and he caught 10 balls, so not sure that’s possible.”

I ####### love this man. We get extra points for long TD's in one of my leagues so almost 37.4 points now wow. Still almost an entire half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossing fingers he's not really hurt. Limped off earlier, camera flashed him during that last td run and he didn't look like he was walking normally in the sidelines. 

I hope his usage doesn't become an issue.

His backup looked pretty good out there. Maybe worth a cuff in deep bench leagues.

His best move of the day was the slight cut to the right on the 84yd TD at the goal line where he jedi mind tricked the DB in to thinking his dive would be of any consequence. This is not the tackle you are looking for...👋🧕

McCaffrey averaged 23 carries per game this year and 25 per game last season.  That does not include receptions.  I think he's perfectly suited to be a workhorse RB.  I can't wait to see his NFL career.  I think he's going to be great!
You can't be serious.  You really think he's "perfectly suited to be a workhorse RB"?  In the NFL?  Not a chance. EZ is a workhorse.  Christian McCaffrey?  Please.

Edelman/Crowder/Welker.
Stud. Will be a top RB for years to come. 
I don't think 'speed' when I watch McCaffrey. I won't be shocked if he's in the upper 4.5s and it won't discourage me from drafting him either. McCaffrey's strengths are his ELITE vision and rushing angles. He's also very quick in a cluster of people. When I watch him run he always takes THE best angles. His vision might be the best I've seen. He's like Anakin Skywalker in that he sees holes and angles a second or 2 before they open up. THAT is what separates him from the pack, imo. He doesn't make a lot of ankle breaking cuts because he's 2 seconds ahead of everyone else. That's why he might not 'pop' on tape for some because he makes it look so effortless

My $.02
I honestly don't know what people see in Fournette. Is he still the consensus top RB?  He's fast for a big fella but he needs a runway to get moving. I don't see him creating on his own and when he needs to react in tight spaces he doesn't get much. He'll probably be good enough for fantasy but I don't see anything truly special in him. At this point I think I'd rank Cook, Mixon and Kamara over him. 
I just posted my thoughts on Fournette in the Fournette thread.  But in addition to my dislike for Fournette and post in his thread, I wanted to post here since I just did a back-to-back tape watching session between Fournette and McCaffrey.  It only reiterated my position on each... that Fournette is NOT special and McCaffrey IS special.  It's not even close and it's a shame that his pale Irish skin is so severely skewing the obvious.  

Watch the 'tape', folks.  McCaffrey can make something out of nothing and consistently churns out chunks of yardage running up the gut.  He's elite in every way except top end speed (combine 40) but I'd argue his game speed is elite.  He has elite vision, instincts and patience and has more power than people give him credit for.  He's my top ranked rookie for dynasty without question.

I posted all that stuff BEFORE the 2017 draft.  CMC = BEAST, STUD, 1st Ballot HOFer

Users who are viewing this thread