What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

He's making me feel ok about drafting him ahead of Hunt.
Targeted Cook in redraft but he went one spot ahead of me, so I took Hunt! :banned:

I took Cook at 5 in a dynasty draft (pick I traded for the year prior) and then traded up from my pick (11) to draft Hunt at 8! :banned: :banned:

[icon] said:
Cute. But out of curiosity what hard metrics give you the impression Cook > Hunt ROS or even through the following season? 
Idk what part about "feeling ok" was confusing?

Wasn't saying Cook is better. Just saying that Cook looks like he'll also be a good RB, so instead of taking a crappy RB over Hunt, I took an ok RB over him. Still don't feel great about it. I'm not like, Shii**iiiiiiit, best decision EVER! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was like, well I was feeling sh**ty about it, and now I feel ok about it.

Idk what part about "feeling ok" was confusing?

Wasn't saying Cook is better. Just saying that Cook looks like he'll also be a good RB, so instead of taking a crappy RB over Hunt, I took an ok RB over him. Still don't feel great about it. I'm not like, Shii**iiiiiiit, best decision EVER! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was like, well I was feeling sh**ty about it, and now I feel ok about it.
Fair enough. My apologies, I misread the intent/tone of your post.  My apologies.

Cook does indeed look like a damn fine young RB who is in a great position to finish as a nice RB1 for you this year :thumbup:  

I'm not a Vikes fan, but I'm proud of Zimmer for not being stubborn & giving Cook the number of touches he has. I know he's not the OC, but HCs dictate stuff like that. Contrary to Arians who held DJ back his rookie year for three-quarters of the season because he "didn't want it to go to his head" or something similar (don't remember the exact quote).

Are you kidding me? What old school BS. This isn't the 60s. Play your best players whether they're a rookie or grizzled vet. DJ was clearly their best RB early on as a rookie & it was frustrating owning him in all my dynasty leagues just to watch him get a few touches a game. It wasn't until week 13 DJ became a full-time player.

As a Cook owner, I'm glad to see Zimmer not pulling that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so disappointed I didn't get any shares of this kid. I had him in all my mocks but none of my draft flows allowed me to grab him.

Weebs210 said:
I'm so disappointed I didn't get any shares of this kid. I had him in all my mocks but none of my draft flows allowed me to grab him.
I took him with the first pick in  the fourth round of a 12 team redraft.  Guys in my league thought it was a reach.  Wonder what they think now

I took him with the first pick in  the fourth round of a 12 team redraft.  Guys in my league thought it was a reach.  Wonder what they think now
At 3.03 he wasn’t making it back to 4.10. RB15, 4th rookie after Fournette, CMC, Hunt. Next RBs were Crowell, Hyde, Lynch. 

His volume makes him consistent. Guy @ #2 got cute & took AB so Bell is RB1. Flexing Mixon for the first time this week & Martin available next week. Feeling a pretty confident even though I’m 1-2.

Loving this guy, thinking of offering Melvin Gordon for him. Which would y'all rather have ROS? I feel like it's a lot closer than I expected between these two.

Loving this guy, thinking of offering Melvin Gordon for him. Which would y'all rather have ROS? I feel like it's a lot closer than I expected between these two.
It'd take a lot but I am biased. I knew in July he was the rookie I wanted. More about his usage than talent (though he is very good, I feel like he’s probably 5th in this class take the wise.)

It'd take a lot but I am biased. I knew in July he was the rookie I wanted. More about his usage than talent (though he is very good, I feel like he’s probably 5th in this class take the wise.)
You think he's the 5th most talented back in the class? I can see 4th but he's a more talented RB than CMC. I personally think he's the 3rd most talented behind Hunt and Mixon. 

Maybe opinions vary?

I think a good chunk of our most active be board members are dynasty. As I play redraft, talent is a consideration but opportunity & usage trumps it. Can’t tell you how many times I stashed a talented rookie (who became a Pro bowler in later years) because “it was so obvious he’s more talented than the incumbent.”

Across this class (pre-Ware injury), it was apparent Fournette was the workhorse but at a steep price, and Cook might have similar domination of touches at a better value. Those enamored with talent & flash overlooked him slightly IMO. Unfortunately I didn’t have a crystal ball on Hunt, given the information at the time, Dalvin was the somewhat obvious choice to have an immediate impact.

He's making me feel ok about drafting him ahead of Hunt.
I was rookie RB heavy, felt good with all of them (Cook, Hunt, Mixon, Kamara) some guy really liked Hunt, I really liked Doug Baldwin and pulled the trigger before the season started.  Stings less having Cook.  Get where you're coming from completely.

I'm officially rolling him out this week in my dynasty. Don't trust Gordon's knee. 
Not the Gordon thread, obviously, but word is Gordon will play, and with Fletcher Cox out, I like Gordon's match-up a lot more than I initially thought. Can't fault you for this decision, as I'd probably do the same, but it's close between those two for me.

Its been nice having them both.

I got Hunt a lot more than Cook because he was cheaper, but pretty happy to have both in one league.
 In the league I got hunt in the sixth, I took cook in the second and AJ Green on the first. Along with Tate, Martavis Bryant, and Parker, plus Ty Montgomery in the third, I'm feeling pretty stacked. 

:pickle:

dalvin cook isn't a combine workout freak, he never has been.  all of his coaches including FSU coach Jimbo Fisher swears that there is no faster player with pads on.  while we have to take into consideration how players do during individual testing without pads, i think there ARE players out there who simply turn it up a notch on the playing field.  i suspected as much before the season started that cook fell into this category of players, but 3 games in i think it is easy to confirm.  he is certainly not in the bottom 9% percentile of athleticism in the NFL or whatever ridiculous stat his combine numbers meant.  5 star recruit out of HS, performed out of his mind every year at the college level, and doing incredibly well in his first three games at the pro level.  you also hear his coaches and teammates all speak very positively about him - he has leadership qualities displayed at FSU that i dont think any of the other rookie RB's had.  he can flat out play and if health permits he is going to be a pro bowler.

Rhythmdoctor said:
It's way too early to call anything for these rookies. CMC is a young 21 year old rookie who is a timeshare with a veteran RB. I still believe CMC has Faulk/LT upside. His story is just starting. 
Love is putting up Gawdy numbers at Stanford right now. Is it the system or did Stanford have to of the most productive running backs in college football?

Tex

Watching the game here. He caught his toe in the turf while making a cut. Non contact knee injury. He was walking around on the sideline but then went to the locker room. Just announced he is out the remainder of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread