Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Dalvin Cook, Vikings

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Thankfully dynasty leagues last longer than 3 weeks.

Cute. But out of curiosity what hard metrics give you the impression Cook > Hunt ROS or even through the following season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

He's making me feel ok about drafting him ahead of Hunt.

Targeted Cook in redraft but he went one spot ahead of me, so I took Hunt! :banned:

 

I took Cook at 5 in a dynasty draft (pick I traded for the year prior) and then traded up from my pick (11) to draft Hunt at 8! :banned::banned:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 11:58 AM, TripItUp said:

Cook isn't a wiggle guy, he's a top line speed guy that benefits from space...there was no space in 2016.

I just don't see it as a great fit for fantasy unless the offense undergoes dramatic changes.

:popcorn: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

He's making me feel ok about drafting him ahead of Hunt.

I got both. :pickle:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although he is pretty outspoken in these threads I've got to give MAVIS credit on his call on D. Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, [icon] said:

Cute. But out of curiosity what hard metrics give you the impression Cook > Hunt ROS or even through the following season? 

Idk what part about "feeling ok" was confusing?

Wasn't saying Cook is better. Just saying that Cook looks like he'll also be a good RB, so instead of taking a crappy RB over Hunt, I took an ok RB over him. Still don't feel great about it. I'm not like, Shii**iiiiiiit, best decision EVER! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was like, well I was feeling sh**ty about it, and now I feel ok about it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Idk what part about "feeling ok" was confusing?

Wasn't saying Cook is better. Just saying that Cook looks like he'll also be a good RB, so instead of taking a crappy RB over Hunt, I took an ok RB over him. Still don't feel great about it. I'm not like, Shii**iiiiiiit, best decision EVER! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was like, well I was feeling sh**ty about it, and now I feel ok about it.

Fair enough. My apologies, I misread the intent/tone of your post.  My apologies.

Cook does indeed look like a damn fine young RB who is in a great position to finish as a nice RB1 for you this year :thumbup: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a Vikes fan, but I'm proud of Zimmer for not being stubborn & giving Cook the number of touches he has. I know he's not the OC, but HCs dictate stuff like that. Contrary to Arians who held DJ back his rookie year for three-quarters of the season because he "didn't want it to go to his head" or something similar (don't remember the exact quote).

Are you kidding me? What old school BS. This isn't the 60s. Play your best players whether they're a rookie or grizzled vet. DJ was clearly their best RB early on as a rookie & it was frustrating owning him in all my dynasty leagues just to watch him get a few touches a game. It wasn't until week 13 DJ became a full-time player.

As a Cook owner, I'm glad to see Zimmer not pulling that crap.

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so disappointed I didn't get any shares of this kid. I had him in all my mocks but none of my draft flows allowed me to grab him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I'm so disappointed I didn't get any shares of this kid. I had him in all my mocks but none of my draft flows allowed me to grab him.

I took him with the first pick in  the fourth round of a 12 team redraft.  Guys in my league thought it was a reach.  Wonder what they think now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, need2know said:

I took him with the first pick in  the fourth round of a 12 team redraft.  Guys in my league thought it was a reach.  Wonder what they think now

At 3.03 he wasn’t making it back to 4.10. RB15, 4th rookie after Fournette, CMC, Hunt. Next RBs were Crowell, Hyde, Lynch. 

His volume makes him consistent. Guy @ #2 got cute & took AB so Bell is RB1. Flexing Mixon for the first time this week & Martin available next week. Feeling a pretty confident even though I’m 1-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this guy, thinking of offering Melvin Gordon for him. Which would y'all rather have ROS? I feel like it's a lot closer than I expected between these two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Loving this guy, thinking of offering Melvin Gordon for him. Which would y'all rather have ROS? I feel like it's a lot closer than I expected between these two.

It'd take a lot but I am biased. I knew in July he was the rookie I wanted. More about his usage than talent (though he is very good, I feel like he’s probably 5th in this class take the wise.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

It'd take a lot but I am biased. I knew in July he was the rookie I wanted. More about his usage than talent (though he is very good, I feel like he’s probably 5th in this class take the wise.)

You think he's the 5th most talented back in the class? I can see 4th but he's a more talented RB than CMC. I personally think he's the 3rd most talented behind Hunt and Mixon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

You think he's the 5th most talented back in the class? I can see 4th but he's a more talented RB than CMC. I personally think he's the 3rd most talented behind Hunt and Mixon. 

Maybe he means 5th most talented in the class regardless of position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe opinions vary?

I think a good chunk of our most active be board members are dynasty. As I play redraft, talent is a consideration but opportunity & usage trumps it. Can’t tell you how many times I stashed a talented rookie (who became a Pro bowler in later years) because “it was so obvious he’s more talented than the incumbent.”

Across this class (pre-Ware injury), it was apparent Fournette was the workhorse but at a steep price, and Cook might have similar domination of touches at a better value. Those enamored with talent & flash overlooked him slightly IMO. Unfortunately I didn’t have a crystal ball on Hunt, given the information at the time, Dalvin was the somewhat obvious choice to have an immediate impact.

Edited by BobbyLayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 2:54 PM, TripItUp said:

Not an instinctive runnerwith a subpar O line..  Hard pass.

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

Got my fingers crossed he starts bashing Mixon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 3:06 PM, steelers1080 said:

He's making me feel ok about drafting him ahead of Hunt.

I was rookie RB heavy, felt good with all of them (Cook, Hunt, Mixon, Kamara) some guy really liked Hunt, I really liked Doug Baldwin and pulled the trigger before the season started.  Stings less having Cook.  Get where you're coming from completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

Dude don't quote it, it will show up.  Didn't you ever see Beetlejuice???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

He was also all in on cmc being the next ladanian tomlinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

I'm officially rolling him out this week in my dynasty. Don't trust Gordon's knee. 

Not the Gordon thread, obviously, but word is Gordon will play, and with Fletcher Cox out, I like Gordon's match-up a lot more than I initially thought. Can't fault you for this decision, as I'd probably do the same, but it's close between those two for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, need2know said:

He was also all in on cmc being the next ladanian tomlinson

It's way too early to call anything for these rookies. CMC is a young 21 year old rookie who is a timeshare with a veteran RB. I still believe CMC has Faulk/LT upside. His story is just starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

I'm officially rolling him out this week in my dynasty. Don't trust Gordon's knee. 

you may have heard this before.  but dont sit your studs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 0:31 AM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I got both. :pickle:

Its been nice having them both.

I got Hunt a lot more than Cook because he was cheaper, but pretty happy to have both in one league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

The guy is a bunch of hot air takes with no substance. His comments make it obvious how clueless he is. He should also get off Jayrocks avatar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Its been nice having them both.

I got Hunt a lot more than Cook because he was cheaper, but pretty happy to have both in one league.

 In the league I got hunt in the sixth, I took cook in the second and AJ Green on the first. Along with Tate, Martavis Bryant, and Parker, plus Ty Montgomery in the third, I'm feeling pretty stacked. 

:pickle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still early, but maybe this will start to convince people you don't draft off combine numbers. There were a whole lot of people ready to dismiss this guy because he ran a bad time around cones in his shorts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, petekrum said:

It's still early, but maybe this will start to convince people you don't draft off combine numbers. There were a whole lot of people ready to dismiss this guy because he ran a bad time around cones in his shorts. 

:goodposting: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dalvin cook isn't a combine workout freak, he never has been.  all of his coaches including FSU coach Jimbo Fisher swears that there is no faster player with pads on.  while we have to take into consideration how players do during individual testing without pads, i think there ARE players out there who simply turn it up a notch on the playing field.  i suspected as much before the season started that cook fell into this category of players, but 3 games in i think it is easy to confirm.  he is certainly not in the bottom 9% percentile of athleticism in the NFL or whatever ridiculous stat his combine numbers meant.  5 star recruit out of HS, performed out of his mind every year at the college level, and doing incredibly well in his first three games at the pro level.  you also hear his coaches and teammates all speak very positively about him - he has leadership qualities displayed at FSU that i dont think any of the other rookie RB's had.  he can flat out play and if health permits he is going to be a pro bowler.

Edited by enyce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

It's way too early to call anything for these rookies. CMC is a young 21 year old rookie who is a timeshare with a veteran RB. I still believe CMC has Faulk/LT upside. His story is just starting. 

Love is putting up Gawdy numbers at Stanford right now. Is it the system or did Stanford have to of the most productive running backs in college football?

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Havent seen this guy in this thread since the season started. He bashed Cook in every thread.

He and TurnItUp were brutal.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pghrob said:

Reports that Dalvin Cook is down with a non-contact knee injury.

Didn't look good at all, went down clutching at the knee. Walked to the locker room not in any apparent pain, but that doesn't count for much for ACL injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the game here. He caught his toe in the turf while making a cut. Non contact knee injury. He was walking around on the sideline but then went to the locker room. Just announced he is out the remainder of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all need to start praying to whatever god or gods we worship. :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

We all need to start praying to whatever god or gods we worship. :( 

Just offered my soul to Satan for him to be okay.  Was turned down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cockroach said:

Just offered my soul to Satan for him to be okay.  Was turned down.  

Throw in Tebow!!!! 

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

####

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GroveDiesel said:

That's almost certainly a torn ACL. Sucks. He was off to a great start.

Too early for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

It's amazing how fast you can lose your RB depth. Thank God I have Doug Martin to replace Cook next week.

Same here.  But I liked cook more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, need2know said:

Same here.  But I liked cook more

Without a doubt. Cook was a back-end RB1 and we have to hope Martin is at least an RB2. I'll take 80% of Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.