What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Cook, BUF (1 Viewer)

too little too late for my team this year, unfortunately.

But as many people said several pages back....this team was better served giving this kid touches (in both the passing and rushing game) than allowing Allen to try and play hero ball 50 times a week.

too little too late for my team this year, unfortunately.

But as many people said several pages back....this team was better served giving this kid touches (in both the passing and rushing game) than allowing Allen to try and play hero ball 50 times a week.
Yep, I'm in the same boat. Was eliminated before Cook started going off and I had to endure Breece In the Zach Wilson offense along with Garrett Wilson. Disaster of a year for my dynasty team.

1st rounder in redraft next year?
The RB position is horrible…he might just be end of the 1st / early 2nd. Look at the top guys from this year…Eckler is done, Jacobs is done, pollard did nothing this year, Barkley is done, Mixon stinks, who knows about Chubb, Henry is done, Harris is the lesser half of time share with Warren, Aaron jones is near the end

McAffrey is miles ahead of everyone and the #1 pick, and then you have Etienne, Bijan (love the talent hate the coach and situation), walker but he has Chardonnay there, certainly Gibbs, maybe Breece but looking at the landscape without putting much effort into it Cook is certainly top10, maybe top 5 depending on how the rest of the year goes. They certainly are succeeding putting the ball in his hands which is always a good sign.

They just knocked off the hottest team in the league riding on his back. They weren’t using him the right way early in the year and now they FINALLY are.

Last edited:
A bit too soon to say depending on if they bring in someone to pair with him next year, but he’s moving that way.

It does demonstrate another example of the trend to smaller RBs becoming big time fantasy assets.
The game has changed and you don’t need to run that guy up the gut for 20+ carries. You get him in space and use him as a receiver which he’s so good at. It really wasn’t that hard to see and his usage was extremely frustrating early in the year.

The RB position is horrible…he might just be end of the 1st / early 2nd. Look at the top guys from this year…Eckler is done, Jacobs is done, pollard did nothing this year, Barkley is done, Mixon stinks, who knows about Chubb, Henry is done, Harris is the lesser half of time share with Warren, Aaron jones is near the end

McAffrey is miles ahead of everyone and the #1 pick, and then you have Etienne, Bijan (love the talent hate the coach and situation), walker but he has Chardonnay there, certainly Gibbs, maybe Breece but looking at the landscape without putting much effort into it Cook is certainly top10, maybe top 5 depending on how the rest of the year goes. They certainly are succeeding putting the ball in his hands which is always a good sign.

They just knocked off the hottest team in the league riding on his back. They weren’t using him the right way early in the year and now they FINALLY are.
Barkley and Jacobs aren’t done.

Wait, they finally realized you need to get the ball into your best playmakers hands? And not bench them for fumbling one time? The amount of idiocy in this league is at an all time high level.
The benching after his first fumble was pure idiocy. Put Murray in and punish the entire team? Yeah, great idea

You guys think you did badly? I drafted Skyy Moore over this guy in a rookie draft and regretted it almost instantly. To the point where I almost sent out an offer of Skyy and a second for Cook. I wish I had done that then.
To be fair I had the 12/13 in that rookie draft and was actually considering trying to move up for Moore. I never sent anything but I wanted Moore badly. Turns out Cook and Dotson (whom I traded essentially pairing with a 2nd for Devonta Smith) was what I actually wanted. I get credit for great picks but seriously I was prepared to screw it up.

With Cook and Kyren Williams as my locked in RBs I'd say the zero rb draft I pulled off is finally working. Took a while though.

With Cook and Kyren Williams as my locked in RBs I'd say the zero rb draft I pulled off is finally working. Took a while though.
Definitely was a good year for it with guys like White, Montgomery, Cook, Pacheco, Kyren and ofcourse Mostert.

Reactions: GPS
As soon as I dealt Cook, his next 4 games were good, better, better, wow, holy forking shirtballs!

Naturally he went ham against me in the playoffs in the league I had the best chance of winning. :doh:

You’re welcome, Cook shareholders.

Last edited:
Bills RB James Cook (illness) will return to practice on Thursday.

Cook missed Wednesday’s practice with an illness but never seemed to be in any real jeopardy to miss Saturday’s game against the Chargers. Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed that Cook would practice on Thursday and be good to go over the weekend. Since the change at offensive coordinator, Cook has been a revelation for both the Bills and fantasy managers and enjoyed a career day against the Cowboys in Week 15, rushing 25 times for 179 yards and a touchdown and catching 2-of-3 targets for 42 yards and another touchdown. He is firmly an RB1 for this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread