Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Dalvin Cook, Vikings

Recommended Posts

What are you Cook owners doing? I own Mattison (which is apparently useless) :kicksrock: 

I guess I need to put a claim in for Boone, if I get him then I'll have a backup for Monday, if not, then #### really gets tough. 

This about par for the course?

Edited by fantasycurse42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own none of these 3 RBs, but I'm definitely going after BOTH Boone and Mattison. 

Maybe Zimmer will rule Cook out. 

Also read somewhere that MN may lock up a playoff berth prior to the Monday night game. Don't see why they'd play Cook. He's clearly banged up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I own none of these 3 RBs, but I'm definitely going after BOTH Boone and Mattison. 

Maybe Zimmer will rule Cook out. 

Also read somewhere that MN may lock up a playoff berth prior to the Monday night game. Don't see why they'd play Cook. He's clearly banged up.

Ummm, maybe bc they want to win their division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Little chance of that. No way GB loses to the Lions.

If Minn wins out, they hold the tiebreak I believe.

ETA, wait GB 4-0 in division, nevermind. 

Edited by fantasycurse42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

If Minn wins out, they hold the tiebreak I believe.

They don’t. GB would have to lose out for the Vikes to win the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cook is not playing and the Vikings have been diddling with and lying through the injury report. That's really all you need to see here. If this guy suits up without surgery and that clavicluar/shoulder issue, I'll be stunned. 

Tough game in the semis. Lost without him, but not bitter. He's just clearly hurt. That injury is no fun. Common weightlifting and impact one when you get into heavier weights being flung around.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s likely Boone MNF.  I can’t see either Cook or Mattison being healthy enough to go.  Dr Jene thinks it’s a high ankle for Mattison. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

It’s likely Boone MNF.  I can’t see either Cook or Mattison being healthy enough to go.  Dr Jene thinks it’s a high ankle for Mattison. 

Link to Dr Gene comments?

Going to prioritize Boone if this is the case over Mattison. Maybe both Cook and Mattison ruled out by Sunday at 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Cook and Mattison owner, I'm almost ready to except that this has too much uncertainty, especially being a MNF game. 

My league has this idiotic 3 moves per week rule that I lobby against every year. I have Zuerlein as my kicker and think I might have to waste a move replacing a kicker, leaving me two moves. 

Kinda want Perriman to be my number 1 move, adding Boone leaves me with one move to replace my kicker. If I skip Boone, accept that I'm just avoiding this backfield, could add someone else like McLaurin or Chark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try to get Boone. I'm not a Cook owner but do own Mattison. It may be a situation to a void with it being a MNF game. If we don't have clear answers by 1:00 on Sunday, or even earlier if you have choices in the Saturday games, I can't see trying to play one of these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Cook/Mattison owner, I'm hoping to get Boone....that allows me to sit on the situation through Monday and start whoever goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCT said:

As a Cook/Mattison owner, I'm hoping to get Boone....that allows me to sit on the situation through Monday and start whoever goes.

And if 2 of the 3 or even all 3 are active, then what? 

I'm just going with the mindset that I want to avoid the situation at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

As a Cook and Mattison owner, I'm almost ready to except that this has too much uncertainty, especially being a MNF game. 

My league has this idiotic 3 moves per week rule that I lobby against every year. I have Zuerlein as my kicker and think I might have to waste a move replacing a kicker, leaving me two moves. 

Kinda want Perriman to be my number 1 move, adding Boone leaves me with one move to replace my kicker. If I skip Boone, accept that I'm just avoiding this backfield, could add someone else like McLaurin or Chark. 

Oh Gawd, my redraft league has this dumb, limited 25 transactions for the season move. I HATE IT!!!!

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Oh Gawd, my redraft league has this dumb, limited 25 transactions for the season move. I HATE IT!!!!

Tex

What is the explanation for this? I'm yet to get any that makes even the slightest bit of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

And if 2 of the 3 or even all 3 are active, then what? 

I'm just going with the mindset that I want to avoid the situation at this point. 

I agree with this. As a Mattison, not a Cook owner, I'm trying to pick up Boone this week just to see if any news does pop. If not, I'll be avoiding altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Mattison and will be getting Boone since I have waiver priority, but will delve into this Monday night madness only if Cook and Mattison are ruled OUT during the week (which, knowing Zimmer, I highly doubt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

And if 2 of the 3 or even all 3 are active, then what? 

I'm just going with the mindset that I want to avoid the situation at this point. 

If Cook is active, he's the man.  If Mattison is active, he's the man.  If neither are, Boone is the man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stat Correction said:

I own Mattison and will be getting Boone since I have waiver priority, but will delve into this Monday night madness only if Cook and Mattison are ruled OUT during the week (which, knowing Zimmer, I highly doubt).

Exactly.

This is more of a block for me honestly. I don't want my opponent to have the remote chance of the upside here if there's only one man left standing.

If we know that by Sunday at 1...gravy...and I'm starting that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, my decision is to not pick up Boone. Honestly, the situation is too fluent, and even if Cook/Mattison are both sidelined, who is to say Abdullah doesn't come in on 3rd down or Ham vultures TDs... 

I can move Sanders from flex to RB and slot Perriman into flex. While not ideal, I still have upside and much less uncertainty, think that is my plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

As a Cook and Mattison owner, I'm almost ready to except that this has too much uncertainty, especially being a MNF game. 

My league has this idiotic 3 moves per week rule that I lobby against every year. I have Zuerlein as my kicker and think I might have to waste a move replacing a kicker, leaving me two moves. 

Kinda want Perriman to be my number 1 move, adding Boone leaves me with one move to replace my kicker. If I skip Boone, accept that I'm just avoiding this backfield, could add someone else like McLaurin or Chark. 

Wowzers! I have nearly an identical plan, going into my FINALE. (minus the idiotic rule dilemma).  I can get as many as I need (though it's Dynasty, so I may have to outbid rebuilders for Boone). 

 

But what interests me is the kicker move: Z has been my guy for at least 2 years, but this season he just doesn't look like the guy anymore. Ay a glance, I am considering between Koo and Jason Myers. What are you thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickyRolled said:

I am considering between Koo and Jason Myers. What are you thinking?

Personally, I'm riding me some Younghoe in the Ship....

Edited by Stat Correction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really got no other option unless J. Jacobs somehow is out.  Hoping that I can get Boone as insurance but am out of BB money so hopefully people have checked out.....I'd have to play Royce Freeman 😝  or the combo of Sanders and Howard (if he plays).

Not looking good for my championship dreams.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to go after Boone as I am playing against D Cook and his owner would love to add Boone, yet he is out of FAAB money and I only have $4 left. I may not get him, but at least my opponent won't. If Boone starts I could very well play him in a Flex spot over Metcalf. Either way I'll be okay.

1 - Boone

2 - Perriman

3 - DEN D

Dropping Jimmy G

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, swabs said:

I've really got no other option unless J. Jacobs somehow is out.  Hoping that I can get Boone as insurance but am out of BB money so hopefully people have checked out.....I'd have to play Royce Freeman 😝  or the combo of Sanders and Howard (if he plays).

Not looking good for my championship dreams.

I'm thinking Jacobs will not play.  Oak is out of playoffs & he is clearly hurting.   IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

wow this guy has really fallen off a cliff the last 8 weeks of the season. he was a stud early on but has really crashed back to earth lately.now this.

just cannot trust Cook in 2020 and beyond.

 

You better trade him to me then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 7:28 PM, ghostguy123 said:

You better trade him to me then

It's Tanner of course so hyperbole is probably thick in that one :). 

I share his concerns about after 2020 and maybe a little even in 2020 due to hold out possibility. 

Dalvin had the worst kind of season in terms of him getting signed long term.  He got hurt again, which reduces the Vikings willingness to trust giving him a long term deal.  Conversely, he had a great season and deserves a huge deal that he almost certainly won't be able to live up to.  Some team with ample cap space will be glad to throw their money away, like every year. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Teams have never ever made us think a player they have no intention of playing might play.   Especially against a division rival :). 

Whats your take as a Vikings fan @Biabreakable?

I'd like to start Boone but that's a tough call if Cook does play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Teams have never ever made us think a player they have no intention of playing might play.   Especially against a division rival :). 

Whats your take as a Vikings fan @Biabreakable?

I'd like to start Boone but that's a tough call if Cook does play. 

I think Cook saying that he is a better player when healthy is about as close as you are going to get to him admitting he isn't healthy enough to play as well as he can when healthy.

Boone is looking like a good play if both Cook and Mattison are out. Neither of them practiced today. Boone might be a good play even if one of them are active, they might be on a pitch count.

I am not at a point where I am counting Cook and Mattison out completely. I guess tomorrows practice report will make that more clear. Good thing no Thursday games this week I guess.

The Vikings trust Ameer more as a 3rd down RB so the usual passing stats for a Vikings RB may be split in that way more. Not that Boone can't also catch the ball, just saying that has been a tendency for the Vikings to put Ameer in on 3rd down at times, even with Cook and Mattison healthy.

The Vikings have had 4 RB active most weeks because they play special teams. The Vikings have singed 2 RB to their practice squad recently, one in November and another guy recently. I kind of doubt these guys would be activated though.

If Cook and Mattison are out it does leave the Vikings a bit short handed and maybe Boone wouldn't play special teams in that case as needed on offense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

I appreciate Cook trying to be upfront as possible but my take from watching this is "He Aint Playin". Players are always optimistic and between his language and body language it sure looks like he will not be suiting up which matches up with everything we have been hearing other than Zimmers coach speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whole-show said:

The simple fact that this is a *new* injury (while still nursing 2 older ones) makes me highly skeptical that he has any chance to play. 

if he’d merely aggregated the older injury I’d buy that he had a chance, but with a brand new injury that caused him to be immediately ruled out, that seems medically irresponsible to push him back out there. 

that’s the biggest factor with Cook, regardless of the positive vibes Zimmer loves to spread around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

The simple fact that this is a *new* injury (while still nursing 2 older ones) makes me highly skeptical that he has any chance to play. 

if he’d merely aggregated the older injury I’d buy that he had a chance, but with a brand new injury that caused him to be immediately ruled out, that seems medically irresponsible to push him back out there. 

that’s the biggest factor with Cook, regardless of the positive vibes Zimmer loves to spread around. 

It depends what the new injury is.  John Paulson posted a great analysis by a guy called student doc who showed that he either suffered a shoulder dislocation (serious and he'll miss time) or a shoulder subluxation (not serious, I've done it 1000 times) which sucks immediately after but would not cause him to miss any time.  That's the key.  The fact that they're holding him out of practice now for a Monday night game really isn't very telling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCT said:

It depends what the new injury is.  John Paulson posted a great analysis by a guy called student doc who showed that he either suffered a shoulder dislocation (serious and he'll miss time) or a shoulder subluxation (not serious, I've done it 1000 times) which sucks immediately after but would not cause him to miss any time.  That's the key.  The fact that they're holding him out of practice now for a Monday night game really isn't very telling.

Before surgery I’ve dislocated my shoulder 5x. 

when Cook came off the field with his arm dangling, I immediately thought “dislocation”. 

id be shocked if he was out there playing on Monday. Especially if the Niners win Saturday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he straight up dislocated his shoulder and they aren't saying that, then what even is the point of the injury report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If he straight up dislocated his shoulder and they aren't saying that, then what even is the point of the injury report. 

What is more troubling to me is that they said the first injury was no risk of further injury if he played.

He played but not as well as he had been since the injury and now this injury supposedly different, but it's hard for me to not think they are somehow related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If he straight up dislocated his shoulder and they aren't saying that, then what even is the point of the injury report. 

Honestly, you can dislocate your shoulder, pop it in & play football. It feels better the second they pop it back in.

its just sore as heck, and hitting it against things hurts a lot. 

also, players can wear a harness. 

that all said, the best way for it to heal is immobilization. So while he could technically play, 1. High degree of risk for recurrence, and 2. It’s not going to get better, and may even get worse.

and that’s not even considering the root causes of dislocation, which could be related to a torn or strained labrum, or a frayed rotator cuff, both of which need time & (in my case) surgery to rectify.

even with a subluxation where the shoulder only comes part out (ball/socket) there’s still likely a strain or sprain associated with it. 

so the designation makes sense - it’s a matter of pain tolerance & whether the team & player want to risk further injury. flr example; if this happened in the middle of the super bowl, they might be more inclined to play him through it.

but 2 weeks before the playoffs? Likely a much more conservative call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I’ve been told with the Vikings clinching a playoff berth tonight it’s much more likely Cook sits next Sunday also to rest for the playoffs” per Chris Tomasson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dalvin Cook (shoulder) has been ruled out for the Vikings' Week 17 matchup against the Bears.

Minnesota is smartly resting Cook before their playoff push. The Vikings' backfield is a bit of a mess at the moment after Ameer Abdullah wound up out-snapping an ineffective Mike Boone in Week 16. The potential return of Alexander Mattison (ankle, questionable) would render all of the Vikings' backs as non-viable fantasy options. This could be a three-back committee with backups across the entire offense if Mattison is ultimately active.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 1:35 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with the separation guys and with ConnSkins26.

There's a separation to my eyes. The injury report is useless and being manipulated by Zimmer for a competitive advantage. The Pats aren't the only ones in the NFL that cheat, remember. The pumped in noise proves the Vikes aren't above it.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Appearing on Good Morning Football Monday, NFL.com's Tom Pelissero reported Dalvin Cook (shoulder) is expected to play in Sunday's Wild Card game against the Saints.

This has been the tentative expectation since Cook's latest shoulder injury in Week 15. He got in a week of limited practices before sitting out the Vikes' meaningless Week 17 finale. Cook's shoulder has been an issue going back to at least Week 13. He will once again be at risk of re-injury against the Saints, but with everything on the line, he will undoubtedly be given all the work he can handle. The Vikes' offense was dysfunctional without Cook in its must-win Week 16 game against the Packers. Cook's status will be updated no later than Wednesday.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:58 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Dalvin Cook (shoulder) said he feels "refreshed" and at "full strength" for the Vikings' Wild Card matchup with the Saints Sunday.

Cook is going to play. That's not in question. Cook compiled a 250-1,135-13 rushing line across 14 games played and will be a top-end play for the Wild Card DFS slate due to his every-down snap share and pass-game prowess.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Jan 1, 2020, 12:29 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aaaaaaaand the Saints have allowed how many 100+ yard rushes since 2017?! like 1? 

uh, no thanks, I'll pass on the Dalvin Cook Kool-aid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.