What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (8 Viewers)

Biabreakable said:
I would hope his value is at a peak right now since he is the best RB in the league right now.

Your offer only shows you dont understand that.

If he needs WR help then why would he want Golladay who isnt healthy enough to play? How is that fixing his need?

Regardless Cook is worth more than that unless you think that CMC is only worth that.
Dude, it's dynasty. Anyway, what sort of WR would be fair to pair with a 1st?

I don’t believe for a second that Zimmer is going to scale back Cook’s touches. The guy can’t help himself. Unless Min is up by a ton on Sunday (probably won’t happen with that defense) I’m sure he’ll get his usual huge amount of touches.

File this under “coach speak of the week”.
Right back to 30+ touches 

Again, I am talking DYNASTY
Golladay has almost no value this season.   Is he coming back?   I’m cutting him this week if isn’t returning this week.   He is a good WR but the league is loaded with good WRs and many of them are actually on the field on Sundays.   Cook is a stud at a position that has few studs.  

Golladay has almost no value this season.   Is he coming back?   I’m cutting him this week if isn’t returning this week.   He is a good WR but the league is loaded with good WRs and many of them are actually on the field on Sundays.   Cook is a stud at a position that has few studs.  
Cut him in dynasty? lmao sure, bro

Dalvin Cook rushed 24 times for 132 yards and one touchdown in the Vikings' Week 15 loss to the Bears.

Cook also added five receptions for 27 receiving yards. It's another monster game for Cook, who only lost two touches to Alexander Mattison in his return. In addition to a rare workload, Cook has played like one of the league's best pure rushers this season despite popping up with various injuries. He's eclipsed 100 rushing yards in eight of the last 11 games. Cook's Week 15 matchup against the Saints is not ideal, but Cook remains plugged into top-three rankings.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:16 PM ET

Dalvin Cook rushed 15 times for 73 yards and one touchdown in the Vikings' Week 16 loss to the Saints.

Cook scored on the Vikings' first drive of the game, but then things went sideways. Minnesota couldn't stop Alvin Kamara at all, which put Cook into negative game script. Kirk Cousins attempted 46 passes, only aiming two towards Cook. To make matters worse, Cook was unfortunately not on the field when the Vikings were stopped inside the five-yard line, so Mike Boone vultured a rushing touchdown. In total, Cook won't win you a fantasy championship with this Week 16 stat line, but he did get you here. Cook may not see as big of a workload in Week 17 now that their playoff chances are down to zero.

Dec 25, 2020, 8:35 PM ET

Felt like I survived Cook but he did score 16.5 points in my league so that is not that bad in my opinion.  I think it's easy to get spoiled with a player like Cook.  I normally would not be happy about a player scoring 16.5 against my team but oddly enough I felt good about that and not going against Alvin. 
Same here

Aftrr the first drive I thought he was really going to blow up

OUT Sunday. Family emergency and he had to return home to Miami.
Rotoworld:

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports Dalvin Cook (personal) will be unavailable to play in Week 17 against the Lions.

Cook had an "unexpected family emergency" come up Tuesday and has returned to Miami. He'll spend this week away from the team. Cook set career highs across the board in a breakout 2020, totaling 1,918 yards and 17 touchdowns while averaging 5.0 YPC.  Alexander Mattison (concussion) will start for Cook if he gets cleared for Week 17.

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 30, 2020, 11:22 AM ET

Dalvin Cook rushed 22 times for 131 yards, catching 2-of-3 targets for 17 yards in Minnesota's Week 2 loss to the Cardinals.

Coach Mike Zimmer also said Cook is battling "a little ankle sprain" he suffered in-game, coming off the field multiple times for Alexander Mattison on the last drive. While healthy, though, Cook was as spry as ever, registering the 16th 100-yard rushing performance of his five-year career. With 96 first-half yards, Cook arguably would have exploded for even more production had he not suffered his injury late. Mattison should be rostered everywhere just in case Cook can't go in Week 3 against Seattle. 

Sep 19, 2021, 7:52 PM ET

I'm also a bit concerned.  He seemed to be in quite a bit of pain in the 2nd half Sunday.  We'll see...

WED, SEP 22, 9:00 AM  ROTOWIRE.COM

Cook (ankle) will get some work during Wednesday's practice, Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.

Spin: It sounds like Cook will be a limited participant after playing through an ankle sprain in the Week 2 loss to Arizona. He finished with 148 total yards on 77 percent snap share, but only 35 of those yards came in the second half. Per Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer suggested Wednesday that the team won't ease up on Cook's workload, assuming he's able to play Sunday against Seattle. If there's a setback, Alexander Mattison is next in line for the starting job and lead role at running back.

Dalvin Cook (ankle) did not participate in Wednesday's practice.

The DNP tag sounds concerning but Vikings coach Mike Zimmer doesn't seem worried. Earlier today, Zimmer noted that "Dalvin's a tough guy. If he can't play, then there's a reason why he's not playing. He makes us go, so...We'll continue to play him." He suffered the ankle injury late in the Vikings' Week 2 loss to the Cardinals. As long as Cook isn't a surprise inactive, Zimmer is set on giving him his usual workload. Alexander Mattison should be stashed in every league but a touch-count doesn't appear to be on the table for Cook, making Mattison nothing more than an insurance policy. 

SOURCE: Andrew Krammer on Twitter

Sep 22, 2021, 5:11 PM ET

Dalvin Cook (ankled) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

Neither the Vikings' coaching staff nor local media seems terribly concerned about Cook's Week 3 status, though back-to-back DNPs certainly merit closer attention. Even a "limited" Friday session would have Cook fully on track to play against the Seahawks. Hopefully we can avoid a dreaded game-time decision for Sunday's 4:25 PM ET kickoff. Alexander Mattision remains the Vikings' next man up. We would expect Cook to play. 

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter 

Sep 23, 2021, 2:59 PM ET

Anyone else planning on sitting him? I saw him fall on a few runs just making a simple cut. Watching him limping off and grimacing at the end of the game I think is enough for me to take a pass. 

I know the Vikings are winless and don’t have the luxury of not playing their best players, but Dalvin reminds me of Julio. Incredible talent and even though they want to play hurt they don’t tend to do it well and end up becoming a decoy. I wish they would do what the Raiders did with Jacobs and just let him heal.

Anyone else planning on sitting him? I saw him fall on a few runs just making a simple cut. Watching him limping off and grimacing at the end of the game I think is enough for me to take a pass. 

I know the Vikings are winless and don’t have the luxury of not playing their best players, but Dalvin reminds me of Julio. Incredible talent and even though they want to play hurt they don’t tend to do it well and end up becoming a decoy. I wish they would do what the Raiders did with Jacobs and just let him heal.

I think Josh Jacobs is hurt worse than the team is letting on. 

Remains to be seen.

If Cook practices today then he will likely play. 

Listed as Questionable officially. 

As a Vikings fan, I know Zimmer doesn’t like to get guys in there that haven’t practiced. He has done it but it’s rare. I think he’d do it for cook, especially at 0-2… but this is not good for a cook owner with Mattison or other plans. 

aka… me.

steelerfan1 said:
I'm not gonna start him. Already can see him limping off the field after a few carries.
Yeah he didnt practice Friday which normally means he wouldnt play. Kyle Rudolph is the only player to miss all practices during the week but played anyways under Zimmer so far.

If Cook does play he may be on a pitch count or he might reagrevate the injury and need to be spelled as you say.

Its definitely worrisome and while Cook could prove those worries wrong, if you have other options might be best to use them.

I wish the Vikings felt they had other options and let Cook rest and fully recover, but he is a special player and not really replaceable.

Yeah he didnt practice Friday which normally means he wouldnt play. Kyle Rudolph is the only player to miss all practices during the week but played anyways under Zimmer so far.

If Cook does play he may be on a pitch count or he might reagrevate the injury and need to be spelled as you say.

Its definitely worrisome and while Cook could prove those worries wrong, if you have other options might be best to use them.

I wish the Vikings felt they had other options and let Cook rest and fully recover, but he is a special player and not really replaceable.
Thanks bia. I agree with you. If he is out there He’s more than likely aggravate it and it kind of screws playing mattison as well unless he is inactive. I think Zimmer let’s him out there because he is a special talent but I think it’s a detriment not letting the guy heal. I’m rolling the dice with Sermon and may regret it but just have been a dalvin owner before and believe it doesn’t turn out well if he’s out there.

Have a choice of Jacobs or Mattison.  Hate to day it, but Im hoping Cook is out so I don't have to start Jacobs

Have a choice of Jacobs or Mattison.  Hate to day it, but Im hoping Cook is out so I don't have to start Jacobs
Jacobs is almost certainly out. 

I'm of the boat that if Cook plays, you almost have to start him. 

In my shoes, if he's inactive by noon, I'll likely start Chase Edmonds. If it comes down to 3, its either Mattison or Javonte. If Cook is playing, he's starting for me. 

One reason to he optimistic about Cook is that he did come back into the game after the injury and gutted it out.

He wasnt very effective coming back though.

In any case him being able to come back in and play does signal that it might not be that serious, even though he hasn't practiced this week.

Listening to Cooks press conference was kind of a mixed bag. He said the reason he stayed down for so long after Watts tackle was that what he felt wasnt pain he was used to feeling, so he was just being cautious about the unknown.

On the other side of that he expressed confidence in Mattison doing well if he isnt able to go. So I wasnt able to get a sense for how he was leaning on that, if he will play or not based on his comments.

One reason to he optimistic about Cook is that he did come back into the game after the injury and gutted it out.

He wasnt very effective coming back though.

In any case him being able to come back in and play does signal that it might not be that serious, even though he hasn't practiced this week.

Listening to Cooks press conference was kind of a mixed bag. He said the reason he stayed down for so long after Watts tackle was that what he felt wasnt pain he was used to feeling, so he was just being cautious about the unknown.

On the other side of that he expressed confidence in Mattison doing well if he isnt able to go. So I wasnt able to get a sense for how he was leaning on that, if he will play or not based on his comments.
I think the ineffectiveness was just as much about the playcalling as it was the injury. Through 2 games, I feel like Klint Kubiak has been a really mixed bag as a playcaller, which was not unexpected.

I think the key to Cook's status is if they activate AJ Rose. 

Right now, I think its roughly 65-35 Cook is playing. I think Cook certainly fits the profile of a guy who doesn't need to practice to play, and Zimmer has all but said as much. 

The rough thing is, the Vikings are 2 plays from being 2-0. Yet, they are staring 0-3 in the face. Part of me wants Cook to sit, but at the same time, if he's healthy enough to play, they almost have to play him. 

If he plays, you play him.  He’ll be shot up with crazy dope
I hear you. What would really kill me is he goes out. Runs a handful of times and comes off in pain, then they shut him down for the day. This way I don’t even get to use cuff Mattison. It seems like it would be better if they declare him out so we can plug in Mattison IF you have cuffed with Mattison. My other options(if I play neither Cook or Mattison) are just ok. Nothing exciting. I have a feeling this will be a nail-biter until game time tomorrow. 

I hear you. What would really kill me is he goes out. Runs a handful of times and comes off in pain, then they shut him down for the day. This way I don’t even get to use cuff Mattison. It seems like it would be better if they declare him out so we can plug in Mattison IF you have cuffed with Mattison. My other options(if I play neither Cook or Mattison) are just ok. Nothing exciting. I have a feeling this will be a nail-biter until game time tomorrow. 
I'm not sure Mattison is a great start if Cook is out. Abdullah will mix in a ton, and they likely adopt a more pass heavy game plan, which is probably the best way to attack Seattle regardless. 

I'd view Mattison as more of a top-20 RB if he's starting, than an RB1 candidate. He's likely only getting about 60-70% of what Cook would get.

I'm not sure Mattison is a great start if Cook is out. Abdullah will mix in a ton, and they likely adopt a more pass heavy game plan, which is probably the best way to attack Seattle regardless. 

I'd view Mattison as more of a top-20 RB if he's starting, than an RB1 candidate. He's likely only getting about 60-70% of what Cook would get.
If Cook is declared out I most definitely start Mattison even if it is 2/3 what Cook would get. Because my other alternatives are not great. I imagine others are likely in this boat as injuries have been cruel to a lot of us this season. 😢

I think the ineffectiveness was just as much about the playcalling as it was the injury. Through 2 games, I feel like Klint Kubiak has been a really mixed bag as a playcaller, which was not unexpected.

I think the key to Cook's status is if they activate AJ Rose. 

Right now, I think its roughly 65-35 Cook is playing. I think Cook certainly fits the profile of a guy who doesn't need to practice to play, and Zimmer has all but said as much. 

The rough thing is, the Vikings are 2 plays from being 2-0. Yet, they are staring 0-3 in the face. Part of me wants Cook to sit, but at the same time, if he's healthy enough to play, they almost have to play him. 
Hmm maybe so as far as the play calling.i only watched the game live, I didnt watch it again. I did note some of Cooks better runs were from big personnel packages.

The Vikings really miss Irv Smith. Especially his blocking.

Part of me just wants the Vikings to rest Cook and go with more 3 and 4 WR sets  I think they have the WR to do that. It doesnt play to Cousins strengths though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As the week progressed, there was a less confident tone that Vikings RB Dalvin Cook would play Sunday vs. Seattle due to his sprained ankle, per source. Cook didn’t practice all week, it’s early in season, and going into pre-game warmups it was considered “unlikely” he plays.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1442075665122037760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As the week progressed, there was a less confident tone that Vikings RB Dalvin Cook would play Sunday vs. Seattle due to his sprained ankle, per source. Cook didn’t practice all week, it’s early in season, and going into pre-game warmups it was considered “unlikely” he plays.</p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1442075665122037760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The robots are officially taking over. 

Users who are viewing this thread