What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting signed out regularly?  If I'm on my desktop, then I get signed out of mobile.  When I sign back in on mobile, I'm getting logged out of desktop.  This has been going on a couple days now. 
Anyone working on this?  Seems to happen every time I switch from mobile device to computer or vice versa.
This happens to me from time to time, only on my iPhone running Safari. I haven't found a rhyme or reason behind it, though. No pattern or obvious cause that I can pick out.

Android phone. Use chrome on phone. Use Firefox on Windows 10 desktop. But I've tried looking at other devices and any time I log into one, it logs me out of every other device/browser that I have.
Android chrom phone, win 10 with google on laptop and box.(often 2-3 running at same time and usually in more than one tab. Very persistent login requirements moving around. Probably did it 20x in the past few days, and maybe twice in the previous three years

Android chrom phone, win 10 with google on laptop and box.(often 2-3 running at same time and usually in more than one tab. Very persistent login requirements moving around. Probably did it 20x in the past few days, and maybe twice in the previous three years
This is why I login on a different account on mobile than my laptop.

@Memphis Foundry

On the getting signed out issue... I've been using a combo of Firefox and the Samsung browser and not a single problem with getting signed out for months.

Just started trying to using Chrome on the CPU and now I'm getting signed out of FBGs on Firefox and the Samsung browser any time I use Chrome.

I know it's a rhetorical question but does the search function work at all? I typed in football and it gave me zero results. Do I need a degree to be able to decipher how to use this thing?

It's been broken for years. I assume there is no motivation to fix it. 
I know but it used to give you something and you had to sift through. Now it just seems to not GAF.

Google searching still the best way to find anything on here anyway.

Is there a way to have multiple spoilers in one post?  The below doesn't work but puts it all in one big spoiler box.

Spoiler Example

<spoiler1>

spoiler1 text

</spoiler1>

<spoiler2>

spoiler2 text

</spoiler2>

AAABatteries said:
@GregR - can you share how to do the multiple spoilers?  I can't figure it out from the post above.  And thanks Arodin - good call.
Like this, but wrap spoiler and /spoiler with [ ] instead of < > 

<spoiler> Text 1 </spoiler>

<spoiler> Text 2 </spoiler>

Also, if you put a return, or a hyperlink inside of the spoiler on initial creation, it seems to frequently mess it up and it doesn't know which ending tags after go with which starting tags.  So if you want to post something that has links or multiple paragraphs, create the post with the multiple spoiler boxes but omitting those parts from inside.  Then edit the post and you can put the returns and links into the spoiler box without problems then.

I don't know if Invisionboards have a feature like this, but I really like it a lot on other boards.  

Basically whenever there is a reply to a post, the original post lists an id to the reply that when you mouse over it, it shows the response below, like this:

https://gyazo.com/ee0994c4d4a20f3d32f5bccdb785df35

Probably a little ambitious for Invision boards but figured I'd post it anyway.  

I don't know if Invisionboards have a feature like this, but I really like it a lot on other boards.  

Basically whenever there is a reply to a post, the original post lists an id to the reply that when you mouse over it, it shows the response below, like this:

https://gyazo.com/ee0994c4d4a20f3d32f5bccdb785df35

Probably a little ambitious for Invision boards but figured I'd post it anyway.  
The closest I've seen is something like that just for first or last post in a thread.  Mouse over the thread title and it'll pop up, and you can choose whether to see first or last post.

At some point, copying from a post and pasting it into a new post box seems to have stopped including formatting and/or links. 

I found if you want to preserve formatting or links, especially if pasting something to a completely different thread when I do the links to past Useless Trivia threads... if you get your existing content inside of a quote box and then copy and paste the whole quote box, it will preserve everything.  It's simpler to do than it reads typed out, but the steps are:

1.  Highlight everything you want to keep and then click the "Quote This" box that will appear. Formatting and links are preserved when it sticks them into your new post window in a quote box.
2.  If you want to post it to another thread or something... move the entire quote box not just the contents. Click the top left of the quote box and copy it.
3.  Go paste it into the other thread's new post window. Formatting will still be preserved as it's still inside the quote box.
4.  Once you're into the new post window, you can copy and paste within the same window without losing formatting.  So if you don't want it appearing in a quote box, you can just copy the contents and paste it elsewhere in the post.  Then delete the quote box you'd used (click top left, then delete).

Not a board question, but an app one.

I just updated my iPhone to iOS 11 and the "FBG Mobile" app doesn't seem to be compatible, or even available in the App Store.

Just want to continue to access the boards on the app - assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone getting signed out regularly?  If I'm on my desktop, then I get signed out of mobile.  When I sign back in on mobile, I'm getting logged out of desktop.  This has been going on a couple days now. 

I keep getting logged out, no matter where I login I'm always having to input my password.  Is this a known issue or something on my end?

@Maurile Tremblay

@Memphis Foundry

On the getting signed out issue... I've been using a combo of Firefox and the Samsung browser and not a single problem with getting signed out for months.

Just started trying to using Chrome on the CPU and now I'm getting signed out of FBGs on Firefox and the Samsung browser any time I use Chrome.
This is now happening to me after getting a new phone - it never happened previously.

Chrome on the phone (Samsung Note 8)

Chrome on the desktop (Windows 10)

Did anyone figure out what was needed to fix the sign in, signed out shuffle?

This is now happening to me after getting a new phone - it never happened previously.

Chrome on the phone (Samsung Note 8)

Chrome on the desktop (Windows 10)

Did anyone figure out what was needed to fix the sign in, signed out shuffle?
nope.  It still happens, but not as often.  I got used to just browsing the site not logged in.

Chrome seems to be the common theme, so it's probably a chrome setting.

I'll post it if I figure it out.
Fixed, I think.

Since this started happening after I got a new phone (android), I fired up chrome on my new phone, then settings, Save Passwords.

Looking through the list of all my saved site/passwords, there were multiple entries for forums.footballguys.com

I deleted all except the current one, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Ok, I'm using Chrome on a laptop and hitting a key somewhere on the left shrunk the board appearance. Where are the board settings that will let me fix this?

Ok, I'm using Chrome on a laptop and hitting a key somewhere on the left shrunk the board appearance. Where are the board settings that will let me fix this?
I think it's a chrome change instead of a board setting. Try hitting Control Plus on your keyboard, that's the keyboard shortcut to zoom in and make the entire screen larger in Chrome.

I hope they can provide a better app for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is intended only for the use of a few more people and a little more than a few minutes of the week. 

Please please please get rid of the Mark Forum as Read  function

Or least change is color/resemblance to the Go To First Unread Post icon.

I would kickstart a Go Fund Me campaign to this effort with a $37.83 donation.

pages are taking forever to load.   message while loading says "waiting for adservice.google.com"

By the way, if you accidentally let the domain name subscription expire and someone swiped it, and assuming you have a trademark on "Footballguys," you may be able to sue (or threaten to sue) to get the domain name back.  I just got done litigating a cybersquatting case.

By the way, if you accidentally let the domain name subscription expire and someone swiped it, and assuming you have a trademark on "Footballguys," you may be able to sue (or threaten to sue) to get the domain name back.  I just got done litigating a cybersquatting case.
Pretty sure @Otis won it from them in a Sabacc game. Just part of the plan.

Someone from here purchased it and will post nothing but who's hottest threads. 

So one can no longer delete a post, but it is possible to "hide" it? Can mods still see them? How would one un-hide a post? So many questions.

I get the login/logout shuffle quite often when I browse on my linux dual boot.  The Firefox + Chrome combo seems to mess it up.

Why do I have to sign into the site every time I visit (since yday)? I've got the "remember me" thingy checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread