What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calling youth sport league Board members/webmasters (1 Viewer)

Skipdog77

Footballguy
I'm on the Board for our local youth hockey association.  We are currently using www.eteamz.com to build/host our association website, and I want to begin looking into other options for building/hosting it, as it looks like an old Geocities site to me. 

What other sites are other people using for their youth leagues/associations? Purpose of the site is mostly informational (policies, meeting minutes, rosters, schedule, news postings, etc.), but would like to be able to roll in team management functionality down the road, potentially. 

I know Sport Ngin is popular (and we currently do our registration through them), so I will be contacting them, but does anyone have any idea what their costs run?  Alot of the individual travel teams in our association use TeamSnap for individual team management (me included...love their product), but they don't seem to do league-type websites. 

What do your leagues use, and any idea of the cost?  I'm going to have to sell the rest of the Board on why we need to pay more than we do now  (I assume) to move into the 21at century, so rough estimates even would be helpful. 

TIA. 

Thanks, gents.  Any limitations that you have found using Blue Sombrero, or functionality that you wish they have but don't? 

The free part through ****'s Sporting Goods sounds good. 

I checked with our web guy he said the limitations for him or you can't refund a credit card payment you have to send a check updating scores was a bit of a pain but they just changed it recently.

also if you have a coach that coaches another sport in your town and they use blue Sombrero for some reason blue Sombrero does a cross reference on the coach to see if he has a scheduling conflict

Last edited by a moderator:
For basketball we use RSportz - it's okay, not great, but it;s the site our overarching organization prefers, so most of hte individual leagues use it. We are likely moving to www.tourneymachine.com for our scheduling (cost is $500 annually for the scheduling aspect, pretty much unlimited use , so we can schedule our 5 age divisions regular seasons and playoffs on it with no additional cost, and if we add in a separate summer or spring league, would all be covered), re-evaluating other options for registration/webhosting. My understanding is that tourneymachine has started to branch into the registration side of things, so we have people looking into that. If we do that, we would probably go with wix for the website and link to the registration and scheduling elements.

Other sites we are considering are sportsngin as mentioned above - little league, PONY baseball, several soccer leagues and a different basketball league locally all use it, so the single login with sportsngin to manage multiple sports is nice from a user perspective, but I don't have details yet on the league perspective. Local flag football league uses blue sombrero, so we are also going to evaluate that.

My basketball league uses Spot Ngin.  It works great and has a lot of nice features, but it is pricey.  I'm not sure how the pricing is set up, but the boys and girls high school program, and the boys and girls traveling program all share the same site and pay about $1200 annually. 

Our hockey organization uses Sports Ngin, being a manager last season I was able to update our team's site with the games, locations, rosters, etc.  There is also a mobile version that will send updates to the parents.  I will be seeing the person responsible for the Sports Ngin set-up for our organization at my son's game later this morning.  If I can get a price I will let you know, but Sports Ngin is very easy to use and has the ability to hold a lot of information within the site.  Because I was a manager last season I spent time going to other teams sites to check games and esnure they had the correct time and location for their games, in doing so I noticed everyone else seems to be using SportsNgin as well.

Users who are viewing this thread