What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Youth Sports- Coach Jerk Move or Fair Game? (1 Viewer)

In 5th grade I think playing time should be as equitable as is reasonable, so I strongly disagree with how that coach operates, but if I were on the other end of it I would just think to myself that he's doing a disservice to the growth of the rest of his team and move on from it.
First response says all that needs to be said.

No excuse getting blown out by 20 on the 5th grade level. That's on the coaches. Teach your kids to beat the press or how to trap on defense. Problem solved.
No press, no trap. Our offense ran decently well but after the 1st Q when my son got in foul trouble and we were up 11-9 we just could not stop their star player. Out of two years, only one real, true blow out that we were on the wrong side of while we have enjoyed many blow outs for our favor with a 36-9-3 record over last year and this year... ya.... I am ok with it.

But yes, it lands on me.
Busting your balls buddy. Good on you for volunteering your time. (y)

No excuse getting blown out by 20 on the 5th grade level. That's on the coaches. Teach your kids to beat the press or how to trap on defense. Problem solved.
No press, no trap. Our offense ran decently well but after the 1st Q when my son got in foul trouble and we were up 11-9 we just could not stop their star player. Out of two years, only one real, true blow out that we were on the wrong side of while we have enjoyed many blow outs for our favor with a 36-9-3 record over last year and this year... ya.... I am ok with it.

But yes, it lands on me.
Busting your balls buddy. Good on you for volunteering your time. (y)
Yea, I know, but seriously... it lands on me. I made some specific choices with the long game in mind. Maybe it works. Maybe it doesn't. But I went in willing to sacrifice this game for that long term payout.

Users who are viewing this thread