What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Post Your 2016 Rookie Draft (2 Viewers)

12 team league / 53 player rosters / Full IDP/ PPR / Start 1 QB

3 round draft/auction with a $1000 total roster salary cap

J.Doctson-WR $74.30

K.Marshall-RB $34.47

M.Mitchell-WR $20.00

D.Washington (Oak)-RB $20.00

J.Smith-LB $11.15

I got Henry at 1.10 last night. Was thrilled.

Well there was some uproar last night in another draft with guys getting their panties in a bunch because the guy who traded 1.4/Crowder for  1.3 apparently told the guy he traded with it was for Henry but then he went Treadwell. The guy called him out and others piled on saying it was morally wrong. Lmao. Like that kind of #### isn't common place in the War room and in every day business negotiations. Yeesh.
BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.  #### anyone that called him out on that.  That's exactly what you do in those situations.  Is there an argument to be made that the guy that "called him out" is guilty of collusion?  It's probably a weak argument... he did get together with the other owner to make a trade only to acquire an asset because he still thought he'd get what he wanted.

That is dirty play.  I only play in leagues with friends, and doing something dishonest like that would be grounds for removal.

But yes, if it's random people, he's an idiot for trusting him.
Good to know you don't play for money.

I think this one is the winner of missed opportunites. There have been no draft trades yet. All deals were made in previous year/s. 14 team PPR w/ sack friendly but otherwise moderate IDP scoring. My team is Atl and i tried hard to trade up for 1.10 or 1.11 and in the end settled for the best Defensive player since i think most of the offense this year are shots in the dark, time will tell. 

http://rivercityfl.proboards.com/thread/5495/round-1

Last edited by a moderator:
We're almost done but it's limping along in mid round 5. I'm the Broncos and I feel good about it.
Ours just finished up yesterday, those last couple of rounds can really drag as people lose some interest. I think you got good value at all of your picks. I'm not a huge Paul Perkins fan, but I think he's worth the shot at 2.06. Someone took Dwayne Washington (DET) at 3.03 ahead of DeAndre Washington who went a few picks later in my league. Given their ADPs, I wonder if that guy mistook one for the other.

Look at the starters/scoring. 5 OL start

Total Starters:

Number of Starting Coachs:

Number of Starting QBs:

Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs:

Number of Starting PKs:

Number of Starting PNs:

Number of Starting DTs:

1-2

Number of Starting DEs:

2-3

Number of Starting LBs:

2-4

Number of Starting CBs:

2-5

Number of Starting Ss:

1-5

Number of Starting Offs:

Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players:

Are you new to fantasy football? You must only play in standard leagues.

There are pay leagues for this format.  efsports is the largest

Lots of different setups for FF these days.

How many points do placeholders score?

How many points do placeholders score?

Are you new to fantasy football? You must only play in standard leagues.

There are pay leagues for this format.  efsports is the largest

Lots of different setups for FF these days.

Ya are you new or what.........lol

I mean you know because so many leagues use Offensive lineman and punters and stuff..................

Ya are you new or what.........lol

I mean you know because so many leagues use Offensive lineman and punters and stuff..................
I'm trying to learn and they're mocking me. :shrug:

Placeholders are football players, too!   :D

They don't seem to
I'm a Dixon buyer at 1.07, and for me it was more a reflection of my dislike for the WRs available around there than an endorsement of Dixon (though I do think he's a quality prospect to earn a starting job as a well-rounded back).

According to this I don't see him being drafted. Mitchell is still going pretty high but dropped a couple spots since last I checked.
After a quick glance, I don't see any non-rookies. Maybe these drafts just disallow non-rookies? Most of my drafts have vets mixed in but are deep enough that only a couple guys are worth taking.

Demarcus Robinson is going to start climbing boards. 4th round pick on a team that doesn't have a clear #2. Decent size and plays faster than he timed. Character concerns hurt him in college. If he can have a honey badger turn around, there could be something here. Also he's going so late that I can see more people starting to leap frog for him. 

Demarcus Robinson is going to start climbing boards. 4th round pick on a team that doesn't have a clear #2. Decent size and plays faster than he timed. Character concerns hurt him in college. If he can have a honey badger turn around, there could be something here. Also he's going so late that I can see more people starting to leap frog for him. 

Like the player, but rough landing spot. Hard to see another KC receiver having real value over the next 3-4 years with Maclin and Kelce locked up long-term and Reid's long history of spreading the ball around (and throwing to the RBs a bunch). Don't hate him as a 4th round target, but prefer some of the other Day 3 receivers in round 3 based upon opportunity. 

Sssshhh...this is one of my favorite 4th round sleepers.  No clear #2 in KC so a job is there for the taking.  Tack on that he was a 4th round NFL draft selection despite a reputation of being a headcase in college, and that to me screams that KC had a 1st/2nd round grade on him and was willing to take the headcase risk in the 4th.  Also like that they added Tyreek Hill the next round, which to me means they know that #2 WR is unsettled and are trying to address.

May bomb out, but at a 4th round rookie pick cost, there's virtually no downside.

Dan Hindery said:
Like the player, but rough landing spot. Hard to see another KC receiver having real value over the next 3-4 years with Maclin and Kelce locked up long-term and Reid's long history of spreading the ball around (and throwing to the RBs a bunch). Don't hate him as a 4th round target, but prefer some of the other Day 3 receivers in round 3 based upon opportunity. 
:goodposting:

I like the pick for KC, adds some more competition for that spot opposite Maclin, but you won't find many FF owners lining up to pick Alex Smith's WR2 (and really 3rd or 4th option, once you factor in Kelce and Charles). I'd say that's scaring more people off than the character concerns. 

Dan Hindery said:
The problem is so many of those other guys play for Cleveland, which offers both low upside and lots of competition. If you're looking for a clear path to starting, the other candidates are CLE, TEN, and LA, none of which are big pluses. I would like Robinson a lot more if his upside was more apparent. I would love to get behind a high upside guy whose production was limited by off the field stuff but really he's just a guy. The main plus is Reid definitely overdrafted him, so you have to wonder what Andy was thinking.

Sssshhh...this is one of my favorite 4th round sleepers.  No clear #2 in KC so a job is there for the taking.  Tack on that he was a 4th round NFL draft selection despite a reputation of being a headcase in college, and that to me screams that KC had a 1st/2nd round grade on him and was willing to take the headcase risk in the 4th.  Also like that they added Tyreek Hill the next round, which to me means they know that #2 WR is unsettled and are trying to address.

May bomb out, but at a 4th round rookie pick cost, there's virtually no downside.
I drafted him as Mr. Irrelevant, well worth it at that point.

Zealots 59 PPR league in the late 4th: http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=20392&O=17

Zealots 16 PPR league in the late 1st: http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=44375&O=17

I wish someone had the ADP for all zealot PPR and non PPR drafts.
Someone used to compile that data but I'm glad he doesn't do that anymore.  My reason is that everyone saw it and a great many people, when they had no freakin' clue of who to take, would just go off that list.  You were never able to hope for a player who might slide to actually do so.

Zealots 59 PPR league in the late 4th: http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=20392&O=17

Zealots 16 PPR league in the late 1st: http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=44375&O=17

I wish someone had the ADP for all zealot PPR and non PPR drafts.
You can find all the drafts by seaching zealot on MFL like this. From a look at this there are still several drafts that haven't started yet.

Shouldn't take too long to compile the data if you are genuinely interested in it.

Users who are viewing this thread