What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Post Your 2016 Rookie Draft (2 Viewers)

Before looking at these drafts and I didn't realize how tremendous of a drop off there would be in Round 2. The second round looks pretty sparse for fantasy success.

Anybody doing any two QB/superflex (4 pt. passing) drafts?  We just started one, and I'm struggling to rank the players after the top three. 

So far it's gone as expected.  I'll keep this updated.  

1.1 Elliott

1.2 Goff

1.3 Wentz

May talk myself into one of the QBs in the first this year.  Treadwell is going to too high.  Running back outlook is ugly.

Coleman, Barnidge, Hartline, Pryor and the other 17 WRs they drafted?
Duke too.  Seems like Payton is the kind of guy that if you absolutely had to have him you could wait another round (maybe 2) or just let someone else draft him later and then offer them a little sweetener to grab him. I don't see him as a guy that you'll have to overpay a whole lot from someone to pry him away from them. 

Waldman is pretty high on him so if a person subscribes to the RSP and also likes him then I don't see any reason to risk losing him. It's a pretty weak rookie class and it feels like more of a crapshoot after the first 8 or so picks than it has in any year I can remember in recent history 

Duke too.  Seems like Payton is the kind of guy that if you absolutely had to have him you could wait another round (maybe 2) or just let someone else draft him later and then offer them a little sweetener to grab him. I don't see him as a guy that you'll have to overpay a whole lot from someone to pry him away from them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Waldman is pretty high on him so if a person subscribes to the RSP and also likes him then I don't see any reason to risk losing him. It's a pretty weak rookie class and it feels like more of a crapshoot after the first 8 or so picks than it has in any year I can remember in recent memory 
Plus Waldman was in that league, so if you know he is high on him and you are as well - you would need to "reach" I guess.

Waldman is pretty high on him so if a person subscribes to the RSP and also likes him then I don't see any reason to risk losing him. It's a pretty weak rookie class and it feels like more of a crapshoot after the first 8 or so picks than it has in any year I can remember in recent memory 
I just don't see there being much risk losing him. He's a 5th round pick who was the teams 4th drafted WR. He'll likely have as much opportunity as the other 4th/5th round  WRs they drafted but no clear path to PT. 

Personally I think he's just assuming this guy will perform at the level of the two famous guys his parents clearly named him after (yes I get Peyton spelled differently).

What exactly is Daredevil smoking? Perkins at 1.6 and Keith Marshall at 1.7?

This thread is great.  Helps with rookie valuation and also can have a little bit of fun seeing some of the outliers. Always one or two in every league.
Which was worse, Daredevil the movie or Daredevil the draft picks?

14 Team PPR Superflex (1/2/2/1, 1 flex, 1 superflex)

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=33561&O=17

Combined devy/rookie draft. Already owned from previous years: Zeke, Henry, Treadwell, Boyd, C. Cook, Hackenberg, C. Jones, Fournette, Chubb

Total of 7 devys per rookie draft.

1. JuJu Smith (devy 1)

2. DeShaun Watson (devy 2)

3. Dalvin Cook (devy 3)

4. Mike Williams (devy 4)

5. Jared Goff

6. Corey Coleman

7. Christian McCaffrey (devy 5)

8. Carson Wentz

9. Josh Doctson

10. Paxton Lynch

11. Saquon Barkley (devy 6)

12. Kenneth Dixon

13. Sterling Shepard

14. Josh Rosen (devy 7)

15. Michael Thomas

16. Paul Perkins

17. C.J. Prosise

18. Hunter Henry

19. Devontae Booker

20. Will Fuller

21. Jordan Howard.

Eh, really bad but 44% on RT with 35% audience score.  What kind of approval rating is Keith Marshall at 1.07 going to get?
True. 0% and 0%. That literally could be the worst pick I've ever seen in a rookie draft. 7th round RB drafted at 1.7. 

Chew on this. To make things worse. This is a startup and he used the 3.14 and 4.1 (42nd and 43rd overall) on Perkins and Marshall. 

Next 14 players selected: Martin, Lacy, Perriman, Luck, Kelce, Ingram, Reed, Lockett, Funchess, Anderson, Edelman, Nelson, Marshall, ADP

His team is super young but He also traded away his future first so him likely being a lock for cellar dweller for foreseeable future won't even be rewarded with a premium pick next year. 

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

True. 0% and 0%. That literally could be the worst pick I've ever seen in a rookie draft. 7th round RB drafted at 1.7. 

Chew on this. To make things worse. This is a startup and he used the 3.14 and 4.1 (42nd and 43rd overall) on Perkins and Marshall. 

Next 14 players selected: Martin, Lacy, Perriman, Luck, Kelce, Ingram, Reed, Lockett, Funchess, Anderson, Edelman, Nelson, Marshall, ADP

His team is super young but He also traded away his future first so him likely being a lock for cellar dweller for foreseeable future won't even be rewarded with a premium pick next year. 

That's brutal. The future Fournette owner had to be smiling when he saw those picks though. 

Oh man Michael Thomas before Shepard jumps out at me as a mistake. Boyd is not a 1st round pick......When has the #2 WR on Cincy ever mattered?
TJ Houzyomomma.

Marvin Jones wasn't bad there either.  Dalton made the jump to QB4 before he went down in week 14 to one of the stupidest ####### play calls I've ever seen.

TJ Houzyomomma.

Marvin Jones wasn't bad there either.  Dalton made the jump to QB4 before he went down in week 14 to one of the stupidest ####### play calls I've ever seen.

Yeah, Housh led the league in receptions not all that long ago (2007) and put up 112-1143-12 which was easily a fantasy WR1 season. 

I'm kind of struggling to see the fantasy upside with Boyd though because the current iteration of the Bengals offense is more run-heavy and has a trio of more talented pass catchers (Green, Eifert, Bernard).

Boyd gets some Jarvis Landry comps, which doesn't seem too crazy. But he's not getting anywhere near the 165 targets that Landry had. Even AJ Green didn't have that many targets last year. So if he's putting up 7 yards per target like Landry but only seeing ~100 targets each year, it's nowhere near enough production to crack the top 30 with how loaded WR is these days. 

Yeah, Housh led the league in receptions not all that long ago (2007) and put up 112-1143-12 which was easily a fantasy WR1 season. 

I'm kind of struggling to see the fantasy upside with Boyd though because the current iteration of the Bengals offense is more run-heavy and has a trio of more talented pass catchers (Green, Eifert, Bernard).

Boyd gets some Jarvis Landry comps, which doesn't seem too crazy. But he's not getting anywhere near the 165 targets that Landry had. Even AJ Green didn't have that many targets last year. So if he's putting up 7 yards per target like Landry but only seeing ~100 targets each year, it's nowhere near enough production to crack the top 30 with how loaded WR is these days. 
Yea, I'm not defending the Boyd pick... but I can understand him going in the later parts of the 1st... so I guess I am kind of defending it.

Plus Waldman was in that league, so if you know he is high on him and you are as well - you would need to "reach" I guess.
That's definitely a factor. I was in a league with Bloom and when you know these guy's opinions, it steers yours. Can't help it.

Sounds like he should be removed from the league ASAP to prevent a situation where he just get farmed out by the rest of the league year after year.  That's the last thing the league wants if it wants exist in the long term. JMO

Sounds like he should be removed from the league ASAP to prevent a situation where he just get farmed out by the rest of the league year after year.  That's the last thing the league wants if it wants exist in the long term. JMO
Yeah could become a problem or this guy is a mad genius. 

Not my league though. Just saw it posted and wanted to dig one level deeper and came across that tidbit.

Yea, I'm not defending the Boyd pick... but I can understand him going in the later parts of the 1st... so I guess I am kind of defending it.
I've got him 10th, so I'm right there with you. I don't love the landing spot and think it'll be tough for him to get the necessary targets to achieve WR2 fantasy status, but that's the case for most of the receivers in this class. 

Anybody doing any two QB/superflex (4 pt. passing) drafts?  We just started one, and I'm struggling to rank the players after the top three. 

So far it's gone as expected.  I'll keep this updated.  

1.1 Elliott

1.2 Goff

1.3 Wentz
Update:

1.4 Treadwell

1.5. Doctson

1.6 Booker

1.7 Paxton Lynch (my pick)

1.8 Coleman 

1.9 Henry

Users who are viewing this thread