What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (9 Viewers)

Waking up feeling great because the booze was avoided the previous night is enjoyable and addictive.  Now go harvest that kale and get that smoothie made.  
Little victories right?

First step: working out several times a week

Second step: stop abusing teh alcohols

Third step: clean up the diet

Fourth step: profit handsomely 

Did a moderately decent job last night. I limited it to one slice of pizza and a mini burro. Only two beers (did have a glass of wine later with my wife and brother and sister in law). 

A month ago I would have consumed double this. 

Little victories right?

It is about little victories and not going back to the old ways if you do eat like crap one day.  

I think if you make step two the priority, the rest fall into place much easier. 

Little victories right?

You keep stringing together little victories then you'll eventually win.  

That you can't remember the last time going to bed sober is, well, sobering. That's a huge first step. Now keep it up and maybe this will actually be the time that you take this seriously and not just view it as a band-aid and way to have fun with a money bet. 

Tonight, look at your wife and kids, remember why you are doing this, and go to bed sober again. 

There are those people that really do enjoy working and certainly benefit financially from it.  Its not for me, but if that's your thing, then go for it.   

As far as the partners, I think there are those women that get a twisted sense of security with their partner not being in great shape.   In addition, there are those women that like to be the center of attention so they're not nearly as concerned what their partner looks like.   I think men put a much higher value on how their partner looks then women do.   
I think there is probably something active you enjoy; you just have to figure out what it is. And it’s painful starting exercise if heavy and out of shape, but once you get over the hump and start noticing how much better you feel it’s worth it for just about everyone.

I think there is probably something active you enjoy; you just have to figure out what it is. And it’s painful starting exercise if heavy and out of shape, but once you get over the hump and start noticing how much better you feel it’s worth it for just about everyone.
I agree but what does this have to do with what I wrote?

You keep stringing together little victories then you'll eventually win.  

That you can't remember the last time going to bed sober is, well, sobering. That's a huge first step. Now keep it up and maybe this will actually be the time that you take this seriously and not just view it as a band-aid and way to have fun with a money bet. 

Tonight, look at your wife and kids, remember why you are doing this, and go to bed sober again. 
It was gorgeous out in NY today. Felt more like the Fall than summer. Just perfect. Grilling out back, watching golf out back, and even opened the fully stocked outdoor fridge. Skipped the beer, drank some seltzers.  

I’ll eventually allow myself that kind of beer again. But passed today, and will continue to pass for a while. 

Cooked up some fish, greens, and corn on the grill. 

Look out wozzow. 

Day 87/100

Felt pretty banged up from the 5 miler yesterday. Some pretty good aching in my L knee, and the R ankle tendinitis was also acting up. Ended up playing a round of disc golf, and then did some yard work. Feel a lot better after getting everything loosened up. Going to hit the gym before work tomorrow. 

Less than 2 weeks left.

Bank: $870

You quoted the guy speaking directly to me in his post, so I'm going to have to assume this is directed at me (if it's not, okay, my bad), but I need to defend myself a bit and assure you that in no way, shape, or form have I held my wife to a different standard or had hypocritical expectations of her.  We're a team and we both gained weight together as a team. 
It wasn’t directed at you specifically.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
It was gorgeous out in NY today. Felt more like the Fall than summer. Just perfect. Grilling out back, watching golf out back, and even opened the fully stocked outdoor fridge. Skipped the beer, drank some seltzers.  

I’ll eventually allow myself that kind of beer again. But passed today, and will continue to pass for a while. 

Cooked up some fish, greens, and corn on the grill. 

Look out wozzow. 
Corn? Oohhh, slipping already. Corn is the carb gateway drug.

We doing this ladies?

***Official Day 1 Weigh-In***

I’m in for $50 or $100 to charity of the winners choice - % lost like always?

The more I lose the more I realize how fat I was.  I easily have another 10 pounds of abdominal fat I need to lose.

Not a lot of action in here - apparently 2019 is the FFA staying fat.  @Otis - you need to get your interns to drum up some interest.
While serving a timeout I decided to revisit the beginning of the year - did we ever get a competition going?

I've definitely plateaued for a while now - my last weigh-in was like 162 or so - this morning 163.7.  And I’m working out like a madman the last couple of months.  Ran 8 miles Friday night, 7 miles Saturday and then swam and lifted yesterday.  I’m still seeing small physique changes but to the point of the post I quoted - I still have more that I can lose.  Hoping to add some more muscle and lose some more belly fat but I no longer care about the number - in fact, after I got home from my run Saturday I was 159.8 from sweat loss. I don’t like telling people I’m that low.

Still doing IF, started back Keto until the beach in a month and I’m doing a fast starting today with my buddy who started his weight loss journey a couple months ago and is down 28 pounds.

LET’S GO!!!

While serving a timeout I decided to revisit the beginning of the year - did we ever get a competition going?

I've definitely plateaued for a while now - my last weigh-in was like 162 or so - this morning 163.7.  And I’m working out like a madman the last couple of months.  Ran 8 miles Friday night, 7 miles Saturday and then swam and lifted yesterday.  I’m still seeing small physique changes but to the point of the post I quoted - I still have more that I can lose.  Hoping to add some more muscle and lose some more belly fat but I no longer care about the number - in fact, after I got home from my run Saturday I was 159.8 from sweat loss. I don’t like telling people I’m that low.

Still doing IF, started back Keto until the beach in a month and I’m doing a fast starting today with my buddy who started his weight loss journey a couple months ago and is down 28 pounds.

LET’S GO!!!
Impressive as always

Hoping to add some more muscle and lose some more belly fat but I no longer care about the number
Btw, this is so big and how I now feel as well. 

Once you finally adopt the new lifestyle, get healthier, and the weight comes off, you don't worry about the actual number anymore because it doesn't matter.  If I have a few days where I add a few pounds for whatever reason (get togethers, travel, etc.), I know it's only temporary and it'll be relatively easy to get back where I was anyway.  I never had that feeling when I used to try to lose weight while dieting.  It always seemed like a setback.

Decided eating and drinking myself to death was selfish.  Decided I don't need to indulge myself like a spoiled little kid who sees a treat and has to have it.  I don't need to suckle on sugar ####.  I do need to see my daughter get married and to be able to dance with her at her wedding.  I need to take off this fat suit, a suit I have worked at putting on over the last decade.  Unfortunately it may not come off all that easy. 

July 4, 2019, 311 lbs.  Since then no chips bread, ice cream, blizzards, pie, cake. I am eating only food my Grandparents would recognize, food from the produce and meat aisle.  I have had more vegetables the last 7 weeks than in the last year. I get up, do 50 push ups and 50 squats and then I ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes while watching Sports Center.  My initial results were stunning, now, not so much, a pound or two a week but I am down to 276.  If I can get 2 pounds a week going forward I can see the first number on my scale being a 1 instead of the 3 it was or the 2 it is currently by next Memorial day.  If only 1 pound a week, well I can still feel good about that  by next Memorial day. 

My knee replacement is feeling better with the pounds coming off.  My cholesterol and, triglycerides are now within normal ranges.  My HGA1C is rocking and things are good.  Things may progress a bit faster if I get to a weight were I can run instead of bike.  I am hoping there will be some magic number of pounds or months since replacement of my knee where suddenly I will cross a threshold and can get really moving.  Until then, well I have already left enough fat behind that Tyler Durden would have had a tough time making it over a fence carrying it in a garbage bag.   Stupid fat suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided eating and drinking myself to death was selfish.  Decided I don't need to indulge myself like a spoiled little kid who sees a treat and has to have it.  I don't need to suckle on sugar ####.  I do need to see my daughter get married and to be able to dance with her at her wedding.  I need to take off this fat suit, a suit I have worked at putting on over the last decade.  Unfortunately it may not come off all that easy. 

July 4, 2019, 311 lbs.  Since then no chips bread, ice cream, blizzards, pie, cake. I am eating only food my Grandparents would recognize, food from the produce and meat aisle.  I have had more vegetables the last 7 weeks than in the last year. I get up, do 50 push ups and 50 squats and then I ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes while watching Sports Center.  My initial results were stunning, now, not so much, a pound or two a week but I am down to 276.  If I can get 2 pounds a week going forward I can see the first number on my scale being a 1 instead of the 3 it was or the 2 it is currently by next Memorial day.  If only 1 pound a week, well I can still feel good about that  by next Memorial day. 

My knee replacement is feeling better with the pounds coming off.  My cholesterol and, triglycerides are now within normal ranges.  My HGA1C is rocking and things are good.  Things may progress a bit faster if I get to a weight were I can run instead of bike.  I am hoping there will be some magic number of pounds or months since replacement of my knee where suddenly I will cross a threshold and can get really moving.  Until then, well I have already left enough fat behind that Tyler Durden would have had a tough time making it over a fence carrying it.   Stupid fat suit.
This is so awesome.  Keep it up!!  You should be proud.

This is so awesome.  Keep it up!!  You should be proud.
I just need to keep weight loss in perspective.  At 30, at 40, I could take it off rapidly.  Now absent the first two weeks at this where a bunch of illusory weight came off rapidly I seem to be at a pound or two a week, a figure that would have discouraged the younger me.  Now, at 60+, well I just need to realize it took time to get into this predicament and it will take time to get out.  There are no quick fixes. 

Hey woz I’m at the gym lifting some iron. Are you sleeping? Elbows-deep in a cheese pizza?
Sleeping off the pizza and whisky from yesterday’s draft. 

But I did skip dinner to keep the calorie count down. And I’m back on the horse today. 

Giving up diet soda (Mountain Dew) and learning to drink water will be my next step.  Maybe next Monday.  I have a bit of trepidation, but I often have trepidation before change.  I suspect after a few weeks my metabolism will have some chance at returning to better functioning and that may help with weight loss.  It may not hurt my liver and kidneys to give them a good flushing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, no fried foods either.  Going to miss chicken wings and football.  Of course I could grill them instead.  They would be a bit healthier, but I think I will try to avoid them all together.  They are calorie bombs.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Oh, no fried foods either.  Going to miss chicken wings and football.  Of course I could grill them instead.  They would be a bit healthier, but I think I will try to avoid them all together.  They are calorie bombs.
You know what I find is a great substitute for chicken wings?  Absolutely ####### Nothing b/c they're uniquely delicious, but it is amazing how many calories are in a tiny wing.

gianmarco said:
Btw, this is so big and how I now feel as well. 

Once you finally adopt the new lifestyle, get healthier, and the weight comes off, you don't worry about the actual number anymore because it doesn't matter.  If I have a few days where I add a few pounds for whatever reason (get togethers, travel, etc.), I know it's only temporary and it'll be relatively easy to get back where I was anyway.  I never had that feeling when I used to try to lose weight while dieting.  It always seemed like a setback.
It’s much easier for me to say now than even 2 years ago but I no longer care about the scale number - it’s just a number and I care much more about how I feel, how I look and how healthy I am than the scale number.  Somewhat similar but I’ve stopped counting macros and calories a while back.  I do occasionally check out the nutrition panel on something I’m not familiar with just so I know the amount of carbs.  Outside of that I feel like I’ve got a good handle on things.  

When I went on vacation back in the summer I gained like 8 pounds and had it all back off after 3-4.  I want to get better and not go off the rails during vacation but I absolutely will indulge.  And like you, I won’t see it as a setback.

gianmarco said:
You and me both. But mine keeps getting better, slowly.

Bought size 34 shorts a couple weeks ago. Haven't worn 34 in a long time.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you'll never be satisfied. That's probably a good thing though. Helps keep you focused on your goals and less likely to regress. I think it's a good perspective to keep to prevent getting frustrated. The only way the pouch ever goes away is if you eat the way Blotis was describing in hyperbole last week AND exercise like crazy. And even then genetics still may reign supreme. 

You know what I find is a great substitute for chicken wings?  Absolutely ####### Nothing b/c they're uniquely delicious, but it is amazing how many calories are in a tiny wing.
I happy balance for me is to give up the fried bar-food wings and make smoked wings.  The wings are outstanding and not as horrible for me.  No need to go to the extreme for me.  

Ditkaless Wonders said:

My knee replacement is feeling better with the pounds coming off.  My cholesterol and, triglycerides are now within normal ranges.  My HGA1C is rocking and things are good.  Things may progress a bit faster if I get to a weight were I can run instead of bike.  I am hoping there will be some magic number of pounds or months since replacement of my knee where suddenly I will cross a threshold and can get really moving.  Until then, well I have already left enough fat behind that Tyler Durden would have had a tough time making it over a fence carrying it in a garbage bag.   Stupid fat suit.
Another impressive story.   Congrats!

AAABatteries said:
Watching Otis and Woz play weight loss Keystone Cops is fun and all but we need some more updates.

@ProstheticRGK

@Bluto Blutarsky

@GregR

@James Daulton
Have been doing ok, not great. IF with maintenance keto and spurts of fasting had me around 230 and dropping slowly, like 1 lb. per week. I started sandbagging like 2 weeks ago, trying to put on easy weight for a work weight loss challenge with 8 other people. I am up to around 240ish, with an official weigh-in tomorrow night.

i honestly can't wait to start a three day fast and hardcore keto again. My body aches, everywhere. Feel like crap. I also signed up to do a Tough Mudder race (5k) in October and have been doing some training for that with body weight exercises and light cardio.

Love seeing everyone reengaging here. 

This summer was a long summer of fun and eating and drinking. I am looking forward to depriving myself a bit. 

Wife has a houseguest, good friend from her single days who got dumped by her BF and needs a place to crash. So they’re out back having a drink. I was soooooo close to pouring one for myself.  Even just a Bud Select 55 which is really like HALF a light beer. Poured a seltzer instead. 

😕 

This summer was a long summer of fun and eating and drinking. I am looking forward to depriving myself a bit. 

Wife has a houseguest, good friend from her single days who got dumped by her BF and needs a place to crash. So they’re out back having a drink. I was soooooo close to pouring one for myself.  Even just a Bud Select 55 which is really like HALF a light beer. Poured a seltzer instead. 

😕 
It's more like tap water but sure. 

And i'm back on the horse today. 

😕 
Proud of you, GB. Truly hope you stick with it.

😕 
Bud Select 55 is more like tap water. 

Day 88/100

The streak is broken. As I've posted here, I typically work nights, 7pm-7am. Every now and then, I do have a shift that goes from 11a-11p. Today was one of those days, but I didn't realize it until 10:50. Had to haul ### into work and jut got home a little while ago. I thought I would have time to go to the gym before work, but my scheduling eff up wrecked that. Was hoping to get a run in when I got home, but 1. It's raining, and b) I'm exhausted. So the streak ends today, but I'll be back on track with a trip to the gym tomorrow.

Bank: $870

😕 
I think you buried the lede here.  Wife's friend, who just took a self esteem hit is going to come back to your place intoxicated.

I'm jumping back in too. Summer fun has me back at 239. I'm joining the local squash club with a couple other friends and getting back on the weights. 

I eat well Monday to Thursday always but weekends have been full of beer, chips, burgers, wings etc... 

I get lots of steps in with my work and walking the dogs, hoping the squash and weights and not being an ####### on weekends will get everything back on track. Small changes, sustainability, moderation etc.. 

Users who are viewing this thread