What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFootballguys (aka My FBG) (3 Viewers)

It's designed as a responsive website - my question is, why do you think it's deficient on desktop? We spent ages and ages talking about this on staff. Does parts of a page moving around mean that should only be on mobile? What do people want on desktop? How can we deliver that most efficiently? When you say you want a desktop optimized version - give some examples there of things that you find inconvenient or things you'd like us to add. Thanks.
It's clunky to use for one.  Hovering over icons doesn't tell us what it is.  Personal Rankings you have to click the icon, click the function you want (positions) click which position you want to change to, click Done, click Availablity, select Available, click Done, and click Apply Filter.  Web pages should be far more dynamic than that with links to all those options right on the main page.

It's also ugly.  Very minimalist, a whole bunch of text against a white page - it looks like something we did on TSR80 in the 80's.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. 

For FFPC.  Try your email instead of your username. 

DeAndre Washington - my fault.  My name parser decided to just skip him for some reason.

We're logging everyone's issues as they come in and we're getting things sorted out quickly. 
logged out and back in with email instead of username, no difference, still doesn't work

Where do I change the homescreen default league? The new intro article says you can choose your default league, but doesn't say how.

Where do I change the homescreen default league? The new intro article says you can choose your default league, but doesn't say how.
This isn't something that we have in the app currently. It is so simple to change leagues and it persists through your use of the app. It resets on re-entry. We will probably add some feature like that in the near future, but for now the article is incorrect and I'm getting it fixed.

Something is seriously messed up. 

It's showing Russell Wilson as the top rated QB.

The web page is loading better than it was a few hours ago, I can actually enter in league scoring settings. 

I edited my Scoring settings....but the Done button doesn't do anything, so I can't save my settings.  Only the "X" cancel button works, so I will lost the changes that I made to the Scoring settings.
This is where I am also.  The Done button doesn't work after I try and add any of min/maxxl roster, starters.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. 

For FFPC.  Try your email instead of your username. 

DeAndre Washington - my fault.  My name parser decided to just skip him for some reason.

We're logging everyone's issues as they come in and we're getting things sorted out quickly. 
Your email is your username at FFPC.

The web page is loading better than it was a few hours ago, I can actually enter in league scoring settings. 

Based on David Dodds' projections for week 1, in most leagues Russell Wilson is the top QB for week 1. This is subject to change in both his projections and the overall projections when other projections sets are added in the coming weeks. 

I'm glad things are working better for you now.

thats week 1. full season list is after clicking on preseason

When trying to sync my desktop it just gets stuck on the loading screen.   No leagues have sync'd and it happens on every page I switch too

Coby Fleener ranked 6th overall, preseason? How can I tell if these rankings are jacked up or not?

On the fbg REDRAFT TIGHT END RANKINGS Fleener is the 6th best TE. MyFBG Personalized rankings show he is ranked TE2 and 6th overall in the entire league.

Coby Fleener ranked 6th overall, preseason? How can I tell if these rankings are jacked up or not?

On the fbg REDRAFT TIGHT END RANKINGS Fleener is the 6th best TE. MyFBG Personalized rankings show he is ranked TE2 and 6th overall in the entire league.

I'm not getting the same thing at all. Could you pm me your username for the app and I can see if I can figure out why you are seeing that?

When trying to sync my desktop it just gets stuck on the loading screen.   No leagues have sync'd and it happens on every page I switch too
Got it to work with Chrome.  IE won't sync. 

Another question, Will there be a Fantrax league sync coming?

That's it for me for tonight. We've got most of these issues logged and we'll squash a majority of them tomorrow I'd imagine. I totally understand the frustrations many of you are feeling. I hope we can make all of it worth it for you soon.

When I try to add lineup perameters from my phone, the done and back buttons don't seem to work.

I click login, nothing happens, there is no popup for username password etc.  if i try register, it says my email is already registered.

chrome browser, windows 10

I'm logged in to the regular site just fine.

Doesn't work on desktop or Mobil for me.

on desktop get connectivity error and on mobile get to screen to enter username but no password field and keeps telling me to enter password.  Problem is there is no password field

Won't let me sync this morning. Also telling me the last sync time was never, which isn't true because I just did on my phone the other day.

Now it is just saying First sync in progress: this may take awhile for large accounts...

Has been this way for a good 10 minutes and I only have like 3 or 4 leagues synced prior to this

Using IE11

Doesn't work on desktop or Mobil for me.

on desktop get connectivity error and on mobile get to screen to enter username but no password field and keeps telling me to enter password.  Problem is there is no password field
I had same issue on safari on my iPad this morning (no password field for MFL league sync).  

Was able to connect on the desktop (chrome) without issues.

And I tried on mobile and when I go to add a league, it doesn't pop up with a text box to let me type in the name

How did you log into ffpc with your username to begin with?  It doesn't accept usernames.
not ffpc, fbg

Still same problem.

Click on "link to league (roster sync)"

It gives the list of leagues, i click on ffpc, it gives the box with "ffpc login" at top left, "submit" tab along the bottom.

There is nowhere on the box to login. If you then click "submit" it gives the message "we need a username!"

So we're still at zero here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used this feature before, but I'm shocked this was released in the state it appears to be in.  
This modern day tech releasing, nothing is ever a finished product... years ago people would be fired for this and companys would lose their rep, now it's just norm

not ffpc, fbg

Still same problem.

Click on "link to league (roster sync)"

It gives the list of leagues, i click on ffpc, it gives the box with "ffpc login" at top left, "submit" tab along the bottom.

There is nowhere on the box to login. If you then click "submit" it gives the message "we need a username!"

So we're still at zero here.
+1 trying to sync my first MFL league. I assume you paste the address in but then it asks for a password and nothing is working.

Honestly, this is the one thing that I use by far the most on here. It was fine the way it was, but it's all jacked up now.
Have they said why they're doing all this development work?

Presumably it's to "enhance" mobile app capability. Just an observation, but I liked the classic DD and using multiple windows spread across three monitors. Now I have to toggle back and forth. But I guess the push is to make apps for handhelds and tablets.

Have they said why they're doing all this development work?

Presumably it's to "enhance" mobile app capability. Just an observation, but I liked the classic DD and using multiple windows spread across three monitors. Now I have to toggle back and forth. But I guess the push is to make apps for handhelds and tablets.
Last year they were getting the MyFBG support from a 3rd party. This year, they're doing it all in-house. I hope they get everything straight with it soon. With it being this close to draft time, it's a shame that the functionality is all over the place.

I can't get league scoring and lineup requirements to work under my one league.  It seems to have everything the rosters right,  but that's about it. Back and done buttons don't work.

Last year they were getting the MyFBG support from a 3rd party. This year, they're doing it all in-house. I hope they get everything straight with it soon. With it being this close to draft time, it's a shame that the functionality is all over the place.
Ah, tha'ts right, Simon mentioned that in the DD thread & I forgot. Going vertical is a huge drain on resources but I guess Joe didn't like how much he was paying outside developers.

Ah, tha'ts right, Simon mentioned that in the DD thread & I forgot. Going vertical is a huge drain on resources but I guess Joe didn't like how much he was paying outside developers.
Joe stated that it wasn't the cost but the limitations and risk.  Couldn't expand footprint and integration with the 3rd party tool and was at risk of hosting sites shutting it down fairly easily.  New tool allows broader integration to new tools (not just MyFBG but DD as well) and would be much harder for league host sites to block/shut down. 

Joe stated that it wasn't the cost but the limitations and risk.  Couldn't expand footprint and integration with the 3rd party tool and was at risk of hosting sites shutting it down fairly easily.  New tool allows broader integration to new tools (not just MyFBG but DD as well) and would be much harder for league host sites to block/shut down. 

Also, there were a few times in the past when myFBG didn't work due to 3rd-party tech and/or server issues.

@David Dodds said in this thread it mostly wasn't about spending money, it was that spending the money didn't get them the functionality they wanted and had extra risks so they brought it all in-house.  My guess is that this will cost them more, but give them tons more of what they want.  Kind of like deciding to have a lawyer on retainer or hire one on staff.  You pay more to bring one in house but you get a LOT more lawyering for the money.  Long term it's likely a good investment to make.

That being said, it's inexcusable this is rolled out this way when a perfectly viable legacy function was available on an interim basis.  @Simon Shepherd has already nixed the idea of re-enabling the prior functions and that shows the hubris they have.    Instead of giving us something we could get function out of they are going to cram this down our throats with a "trust us it will be great" mantra.  Thing is we do (mostly) "trust them" and we're willing to help de-bug this (as evidenced in this thread) but we're at the point (beyond it really) that it's not about trust, we need to have something functional yesterday.  If this were released in June and we were going through this it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

And I completely get wanting to do it all in-house to cut down costs. But, make sure what you're putting out there works right and at least have it roll out and let people have time to get accustomed to all the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread