What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Somebody just tweeted that we shouldn't wait until May to swap Watford for Leeds(LeedsLeeds).

I can't laugh much though because Saints are going to lose both games to Citeh by combined double digits too.

Sinn Fein said:
VAR making a mess again - cant over-rule that imo
Just awful.

According to the way a person drew the lines and decided to freeze frame it as the moment the pass was made... Indisputable.

I never would have believed that Jordan Henderson and Gini Wijnaldum could be the 8/10 in a three-man midfield for a top-level team.  But Fab, Gini, Jordan are clearly Klopp's preferred trio -- he uses it for almost all of the biggest games (including today).  None of them are especially good in attack and you'd think the attackers would suffer for service. 

Maybe it just highlights (again) how important Firmino is -- linking mids to attack and attackers to each other.

Anyhow, I'd love to climb into Klopp's head and understand what he teaches, how his system is supposed to work and what each player is responsible for in different situations.  I've seen almost every game in the last three years and it still seems like it shouldn't work as well as it does given the individual limitations of some of the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsea players dropping like flies

Zouma in - back four is a hot mess now

Wondering if this is potentially a historical day in EPL. Wondering if Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU have ever all lost league matches on same day. And two of them at home!

On a Sunday no less 

Speaking of MOMENTS, your Phoenix Rising go for a ridiculously stupid 20 straight wins tonight against the LA Galaxy II. 

And tomorrow I pack for Scotland and Ireland with a brief stop in Newcastle. Going to be at St. James to watch the Magpies get three points away from relegation against Brighton. I think I’m more excited for this than I was as a kid waiting for Christmas. 
Still bummed I missed this post.

Good to see after all these years of non stop scoring, Lewondowski looks like he is finally slowing down.  Only 7 goals in 4 games so far.....
set a new Bundesliga record today with 10 goals in his first 6 league games.

12 goals in all competitions and has scored in 8 straight games.

Sheesh, the Dons finish September winless with manager Wally Downes suspended for betting on matches.

Man City with the three-strikes team yellow there because the ref couldn't be bothered to go back and figure out who the first two fouls were on.

Hudson ohboy looked like a difference maker out there today. Willian and Pedro finally playing up to level too. Going to be tough for CP to see time unless injury hits.

Even with only 3 points from 11 games, the Dons are third from bottom above Bolton at -9 and Bury demised.  This seems like a good year to avoid the drop since two out of four relegation places are effectively reserved

The Wally Downes betting scandal gives the club a free pass to sack him and bring in someone new.  William Hill tipped off the FA about his bets.  They were all reportedly small wagers including one on Milwall during their 2019 FA Cup run.

Wimbledon has made bigger comebacks than this.  It's still only September.

:censored: Lingard and Pereira again

A loss today and a loss to Newcastle on the weekend puts them damn near the relegation zone.  FFS #glazersandwoodwardout

What a goal by McTominay!!!!  

2nd Half Predictions:

Abemayang will score. 
The ref will give out a red
Fans will be upset with Pogba
Pereira and Lingard will be subbed

Unbelievable.  Linesman flags for offside when hes supposed to let it go so VAR can call it back, but he is so absolutely wrong with the flag its laughable. It wasn't even close to being off

And Abemayang gets his goal.

What a goal by McTominay!!!!  

2nd Half Predictions:

Abemayang will score. 
The ref will give out a red
Fans will be upset with Pogba
Pereira and Lingard will be subbed
No red, but Abe scored and the two subs happened.  I'm sure there will be Pogba hate for just missing the far post. 

Sadly Abemayang is the only reason these two teams are so far apart in the standings.  United can't score.

Young is poor.  Calling for offside instead of trying to get there to play Def.  AWB back on the right, Tuanzbee on the left, sit Young, Lingard, Pereira and get going.

Oh well. 

Elsewhere in London, the London Senior Cup match between AFC Wimbledon and Metropolitan Police FC looks like it's heading toward penalties.

Users who are viewing this thread