What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone suffered a stroke? (1 Viewer)

mitchh1124

Footballguy
I am 25 years old to start. My life was put on hold saturday morning after suffering 6 2MM size strokes. 

I was in the hospital for 3 days and after CT SCANS. Dye injections. TEE. Skin Echo of th heart. They found no possible causes for the strokes. I luckily do not suffer

from any severe after effects. The only things i have now are occasional balance problems, getting extremely tired all the sudden, fear, and perhaps forget if i told someone something every so often. I am scared to sleep because I wake up like im "going to die" in my sleep, sweating all over my pillows. Also, every now and then my hand will spasm when im sleep which scares me. 

I was a powerlifter and had a compeition sept 10. I now am in the process of losing weight and not working out(currently) though ill get back into some casual workouts..which are obviously not of the same satisfying nature. I was just wondering if anyone had sufferered from a stroke..that could give some words of encouragement. Everyone else besides my fiance seems to not understand. Why i walk a little slower and get up and down a little slower etc. 

Reading all the symptoms in your second paragraph, believe it or not, could be anxiety/panic attack.  If the stroke isn't the cause, have the doc give you some Xanax or Ativan.  If you are posting about it here, it is obviously stressing you out.  Crazy as it sounds, panic attacks can cause all the physical symptoms you mention.  Either way, I'd get back to your doc.

I know we have a lot of weightlifters in here. I am all for tightening up but the power lifting and turning the body into something it was never meant to be, it has some side effects and we've seen a lot of folks who lift for show like wrestlers suffer mightily and also Pro Football.

I know we have a lot of weightlifters in here. I am all for tightening up but the power lifting and turning the body into something it was never meant to be, it has some side effects and we've seen a lot of folks who lift for show like wrestlers suffer mightily and also Pro Football.
You are so wrong, there are millions and millions of people who lift regularly who are walking around much healthier than the average joe.  Just because you've heard of some roided out wrestler or NFL'er go bad, don't equate it to lifting.  Powerlifting/bodybuilding clean <> the same with steroids. 

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

This is probably a sign you should ease up on the lifting and rework your diet.

You are so wrong, there are millions and millions of people who lift regularly who are walking around much healthier than the average joe.  Just because you've heard of some roided out wrestler or NFL'er go bad, don't equate it to lifting.  Powerlifting/bodybuilding clean <> the same with steroids. 
JD, let me be clear please. I'm not talking about the guy who is benching 180 and has very little body fit and has a lean muscle composition. I'm talking about the guys you see in professional body building was more along the lines or the guys who go nuclear for the football fields and wrestling rings. 

The avg guy lifting weights is fine, I was focused more on bodybuilders. 

Did you abruptly stop drinking alcohol or stop taking recreational/supplemental drugs?
No, never drank alachol anyways. All my test came back normal. Blood test was awesome. Arteries etc all clean as a whistle. no plaque. 

the 2nd paragraph might be anxiety that ill just have to get rid of as time goes on...I am not going to take xanax or any of those types of drugs. 

Yes

ETA: never shared my story here but this is your thread. Happy to help share my experience if you have questions or want to hear. My after effects were similar to yours so take some comfort in that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just reading an article about the health benefits of whiskey, and they said that a whiskey a day can help prevent strokes. So I'm going to be sure to drink my whiskey each day.

I don't have anything "real" to add, just that I wish you well.

No, never drank alachol anyways. All my test came back normal. Blood test was awesome. Arteries etc all clean as a whistle. no plaque. 

the 2nd paragraph might be anxiety that ill just have to get rid of as time goes on...I am not going to take xanax or any of those types of drugs. 
why not?

7 years ago, I was hospitalized with "Bleeding in the Brain". Doctors never called it a stroke, and the bleeding seemed to heal itself.

No Doctor has said for sure (most say maybe), but I suspect my mental health issues (which got more pronounced after) were caused by this.

people don't know you had a stroke, which is why they may not understand.  I suggest:

-a gofundme site to solicit stroke money

-a viral video with people pouring buckets of water over their heads to raise stroke awareness

-wear a shirt that says "SLOW - Stroke Victim Crossing"

Users who are viewing this thread