What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (1 Viewer)

Using FireFox on OS X - everything seems to be in working order. Imported and synced 1 league from Yahoo, have not drafted in my second yet. Rosters appear accurate as does scoring.

Thanks for getting this back up and running. The new interface will be nice, but a favorite feature is the 10 second primer. I again just want to add the new interface will probably be a hit once all the bugs are fixed. Thanks for working diligently to get this up for us.

Thanks Folks. This is helpful. Just wanted to make sure we stay on track so I'm posting this again. It's what we need and the email address for emailing what you're seeing. Thanks.

Here's what i need you to do. 

Go to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg-dev/my.php

Follow the instructions and try to look at it from the eyes of a returning FBG customer. You hit up FBG in August and you’re ready to hit your favorite feature - MyFBG. See how the experience goes for you from connecting to the cloud to linking to a league to viewing the cheatsheets and everything else. Things like do your leagues show up and pretty much everything else.

We need to know five things. I'll ask you to play around with it and then email myfbg-sync@footballguys.com and let us know these things:

1. Is anything broken?   (Broken, as in error messages. Not broken as in, "it'd be cool if we could...")

2. Are the instructions for getting started clear?

3. Did your league settings import properly? If your league has drafted, are the rosters color coded appropriately?

4. Do things look right? Meaning it's not showing Blair Walsh as the #1 kicker or Cam Newton as the #1 overall pick. Stuff like that.

5. Your login and password to access Footballguys.com

It's ok to post those answers to questions 1-4 here in this thread. But by far, the fastest way to help is to email those answers to  

myfbg-sync@footballguys.com email.  We've got some organization tools to help our guys sort and get things fixed as quickly as possible.

A couple of thoughts:

1. We want to get this working as badly as you do. So please help us and be as descriptive as possible on trouble you're seeing. We already know we screwed up. 

2. We'll read everything you send but it may not get a reply. Because you don't hear from us or we don't answer here in the thread, it does not mean we're not on it. Please don't be offended or think we're not paying attention if we don't reply back. It's been killing me to read the other thread and not be able to let you know this was what we're working on as I wasn't sure we could do it. I didn't want to promise something I didn't think we could deliver. This is our priority to get this going for you guys.

3. Thanks. I completely absolutely get it that the reason people are upset over not having MyFBG Classic is because you like the product. It's not fun to have people upset, but I understand it's a compliment. I get it that if you didn't love the product, you wouldn't care. So thank you for that. And thank you for being part of Footballguys. We don't have a business with people like you guys. 

So that's it. I screwed up and I apologize. But I think we have an answer to get this back to what you guys want.

But with such a huge range of leagues and variables, it's tricky and we need your help. If that's something you're up for, I'd appreciate. And thanks to the guys who've already helped me on this as well.

Thanks. Have at it.

J

Side question - am I able to load two profiles from the same league if I am running two teams?  Never done this before but a guy dropped out last second (draft tomorrow).

I got my leagues imported but there were free agents showing that have been picked up in my league a few days ago.  I clicked the button to sync rosters but the player still appeared as a FA.

I ended up going into the new MyFBG and syncing the roster with my league and then did step 3 again and that worked.

Not sure if there is a bug here with updating rosters from linked leagues or whether the new MyFBG needs to be synced before this new page will work.

I got my leagues imported but there were free agents showing that have been picked up in my league a few days ago.  I clicked the button to sync rosters but the player still appeared as a FA.

I ended up going into the new MyFBG and syncing the roster with my league and then did step 3 again and that worked.

Not sure if there is a bug here with updating rosters from linked leagues or whether the new MyFBG needs to be synced before this new page will work.
Thanks Flier. That's helpful for our guys to know. Thanks.

J

Looks like I still have to manually load my rosters and leagues vs. Auto synch like we used to have by inputting our CBS league URL and password. 
I was able to link my dynasty league from our CBS Sports hosted site but the league teams and rosters are not showing up in the my fbg classic. 

Worked on my phone (Chrome) but not on my desktop (Firefox) - on the desktop, it appears to sync properly, but then none of the players are populated on my roster in Classic, still asks me to import manually.  I might just be an idiot.

Evilgrin 72 said:
Worked on my phone (Chrome) but not on my desktop (Firefox) - on the desktop, it appears to sync properly, but then none of the players are populated on my roster in Classic, still asks me to import manually.  I might just be an idiot.
Be sure you are going to the temporary classic link and not the old one.  The classic link in this thread is not the one on the main menu.

Joe Bryant said:
Yes. The plan is to have the same functionality we had with this last year. Not there yet but trying.
Looks like I can apply my league to the Forecast --> Rankings, but free agents aren't showing up and old FA's are showing up on my team.

Evilgrin 72 said:
I doubt it's you Evilgrin. I'm sorry but let us keep working on it here. 

J

Joe,

First, I'd like to echo all the positive thanks for bringing this back.

Everything seems to be working with the exception of my league scoring rules being applied.

My rosters are correct for MFL and the projected stats are correct, but the point totals are different.  I'm using Dodds projections in both classic MyFBG and Classic MyFBG

Here is the example:

Classic

Rank

Name

Tm/Bye

G

Rsh

Yd

Y/R

TD

Rec

Yd

TD

FantPt

Todd Gurley

LA/8

NEW   T. Gurley                           G=16   rsh = 280  yd = 1249  Fum = 2   Rec = 36 Rec yds = 303  Rec TD = 2   No projected TDs or Yds for KR and PR   

TOTAL FP 233.6

So on Classic MyFBG the pts are 382.8 and on the new MyFBG the points are 233.6

I'm assuming it has something to do with the way the stats are applied to the scoring rules.  I have a Yahoo league.  I will test that and post the results. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked the Yahoo league and the points are the same between Classic and New.

Must be something the way my MFL league scoring rules are being applied to projections.

Let me know if you need any info to trouble shoot the problem.

I'm in an MFL league that has 36 teams and 3 versions of each player available.

New MyFBG shows my team and players correctly.

Classic MyFBG does not remember my team and I have to click on my team name each time. Even when my team is highlighted it does not highlight my players that are owned by multiple owners. Only highlights players that I am the sole owner of (ie. Trevone Boykin). This worked correctly last season on classic MyFBG.

I honestly gave a concerted effort to apply the guidance in Joe's first post.  Frankly, it's all a mess.   I did send an email.  But I have several versions of teams showing on the new test classic.   I maintain two different teams on CBS Sportsline.  I think the problem is in the cloud and sycnchronizing.   I just don't have time to mess with it and try to make sense of it.  I am giving up and just finding other means to get what we used to have.   I know in time, they will figure it all out, but I am done trying to assist in the solution.  

Hey Guys. Sorry to have been out but I've got what I think is good news. Around 4:00 pm ET tomorrow, please check in here as we plan to have an updated workflow and process for the MyFBG Classic that we feel confident in. Thanks to everyone for the tons of feedback and help along the way. We think we have the Safari troubles solved as well as the other synching stuff. So please check back in here tomorrow at 4 and I'll have something for you. Thanks for your patience on all this. 

J

OK Folks. We think we have some things cleaned up for you and we're ready for you to take a look. Same instructions as last time:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg-dev/my.php

Follow the instructions and try to look at it from the eyes of a returning FBG customer. You hit up FBG in August and you’re ready to hit your favorite feature - MyFBG. See how the experience goes for you from connecting to the cloud to linking to a league to viewing the cheatsheets and everything else. Things like do your leagues show up and pretty much everything else.

We need to know five things. I'll ask you to play around with it and then email myfbg-sync@footballguys.com and let us know these things:

1. Is anything broken?   (Broken, as in error messages. Not broken as in, "it'd be cool if we could...")

3. Did your league settings import properly? If your league has drafted, are the rosters color coded appropriately?

4. Do things look right? Meaning it's not showing Blair Walsh as the #1 kicker or Cam Newton as the #1 overall pick. Stuff like that.

It's ok to post those answers to questions 1-4 here in this thread. But by far, the fastest way to help is to email those answers to  

myfbg-sync@footballguys.com email.  We've got some organization tools to help our guys sort and get things fixed as quickly as possible.

A couple of thoughts:

1. We want to get this working as badly as you do. So please help us and be as descriptive as possible on trouble you're seeing. We already know we screwed up. 

2. We'll read everything you send but it may not get a reply. Because you don't hear from us or we don't answer here in the thread, it does not mean we're not on it. Please don't be offended or think we're not paying attention if we don't reply back. It's been killing me to read the other thread and not be able to let you know this was what we're working on as I wasn't sure we could do it. I didn't want to promise something I didn't think we could deliver. This is our priority to get this going for you guys.

3. Thanks. I completely absolutely get it that the reason people are upset over not having MyFBG Classic is because you like the product. It's not fun to have people upset, but I understand it's a compliment. I get it that if you didn't love the product, you wouldn't care. So thank you for that. And thank you for being part of Footballguys. We don't have a business with people like you guys. 

So that's it. I screwed up and I apologize. But I think we have an answer to get this back to what you guys want.

But with such a huge range of leagues and variables, it's tricky and we need your help. If that's something you're up for, I'd appreciate. And thanks to the guys who've already helped me on this as well.

Thanks. Have at it.

J

Seems to be working fine for me so far as well. 

One question - the draft list for classic FBG is very RB heavy (ranking RBs too high, in my opinion) compared to the new FBG, given the same league rules and projectors (e.g. David Dodds).  Are there different algorithms between the draft lists for new FBG vs. classic FBG? 

Integration with my leagues (teams, rosters) looks correct, but big scoring discrepancies between New MyFBG & Classic MyFBG projections.  At a glance, Classic MyFBG seems too low scoring.

Seems to be working fine for me so far as well. 

One question - the draft list for classic FBG is very RB heavy (ranking RBs too high, in my opinion) compared to the new FBG, given the same league rules and projectors (e.g. David Dodds).  Are there different algorithms between the draft lists for new FBG vs. classic FBG? 
Hi Raleigh,

Yes, there are different algorithms between MyFBG Classic and the Draft Dominator. But that has always been the case. Last year's MyFBG gave somewhat different rankings as well. That's a different and unavoidable thing. All we're trying to do with this is get MyFBG back to where it was last year. 

And it seems to be working ok for you? Did you have any problems with it synching or loading up earlier? Thanks.

J

Hi Raleigh,

Yes, there are different algorithms between MyFBG Classic and the Draft Dominator. But that has always been the case. Last year's MyFBG gave somewhat different rankings as well. That's a different and unavoidable thing. All we're trying to do with this is get MyFBG back to where it was last year. 

And it seems to be working ok for you? Did you have any problems with it synching or loading up earlier? Thanks.

J
I didn't have any trouble before.  Still working now.

Integration with my leagues (teams, rosters) looks correct, but big scoring discrepancies between New MyFBG & Classic MyFBG projections.  At a glance, Classic MyFBG seems too low scoring.
Hi Illegal Pants, can you please shoot an email to myfbg-sync@footballguys.com  with as much detail as possible? Thanks.

J

OK Folks. We think we have some things cleaned up for you and we're ready for you to take a look. Same instructions as last time:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg-dev/my.php

A couple of thoughts:

Thanks. Have at it.

J

You guys fixed it.  Every thing is finally synched up and matching perfect.  All rosters on all teams are exact.  Free agents showing too.

Only little bug is when showing forecast/ranking in flex filter of "rb/wr/te" it looks like ppr was lost as David Johnson was #1 overall instead of Antonio Brown. Forecast & ranking shows correct to ppr scoring rules for individual rb or wr or te filter.  

I also sent an email.

Thanks for the fix Joe. :thumbsup: Nicely done!

Hi Raleigh,

J
Joe.   The myfbg Classic use to be able to sync with Fantrax.   I know the new one doesn't have that functionality yet (and no one can give me an answer on when it might) but does this revived Classic have that (or will have)?

Joe, you and Doug did a great job. So nice to have the Classic back. Thanks again!
Thanks Matt. We appreciate your help in this. And Doug / Keith / Simon / Mike / Evan deserve all the credit.

J

Joe.   The myfbg Classic use to be able to sync with Fantrax.   I know the new one doesn't have that functionality yet (and no one can give me an answer on when it might) but does this revived Classic have that (or will have)?
Hi dk,

I'm sorry but Fantrax will not be supported this year. We're looking at it for possibly in the future but it won't be supported this year. Sorry.

J

I had 4 leagues before logging in and have 4 leagues after however they are not the same leagues :)   I emailed to let you know specifics but just wanted to post here as well.

Positions still not being filtered.  If a league starts 0-3 DB, we cannot search only CB or only S.  Email sent.

Thanks Evil. And you'd had problems with the previous version, right?

J
I did, but this one seems to be working great. Only got to glance at it so there may be an issue I didn't notice, but at first blush, it appears to be working well. Is the plan to cut this over to the MyFBG Classic link off the home page? 

I have 3 Yahoo leagues.  It let me import 2 of the 3.  Is it some way to add the 3rd Yahoo Leagues or do I need to purchase another  Footballguy's  subscription? 

You guys are #1

Thank you,

I did, but this one seems to be working great. Only got to glance at it so there may be an issue I didn't notice, but at first blush, it appears to be working well. Is the plan to cut this over to the MyFBG Classic link off the home page? 
Thanks. Yes, that's the plan. You guys have been invaluable helping us sort through the myriad of leagues and options. Thanks.

J

Can someone just kindly cut to the chase on this and please forgive me for not reading through the whole thread - can I still link & auto-import to my leagues through MyFBG Classic? Yea or Nay? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread