What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

11 Teams, how do you handle it? (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
Have ran a 12 team league for nearly 30 years. One guy can;'tmake it and a sub just pulled out at the last minute.

How do you handle 11 teams? With 12 I had 3 Divisions. With 11 I'm thinking no divisions and byes? Or maybe go "Play All" each week?

Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone plays every team every week... yet one game a week is worth 2 wins or 2 losses. (Some leagues even give 3 wins or losses. I find it better myself.)

So your team plays against all 10 teams and goes anywhere from 11-0 to 0-11. Then true head-to-head in the playoffs.

played in a league with double headers every week. it was actually a lot of fun.

here's a link to an old thread on the same subject. someone lays out a decent doubleheader schedule in there

Last edited by a moderator:
I found I preferred double or even triple-headers over single games even if there wasn't some odd number of teams as motivation.  While some teams would still have good and bad luck in scheduling, overall results tended to be a little more reflective of how well the team had actually done.

But if sticking with single games... one team playing the league average works.

we made a dummy team with all retired players. 5 mins of work for a single season.

Funny thing was most teams had their highest score of the year against this team...

Give everyone a week off during the season - BYE week. Whomever plays the ghost team gets a W. 

League average works too - simple. Just plug in the league average score of the other 10 teams every week for the blank. 

Either of those works great. 

If you're on myfantasyleague they have it in the schedule setup the ability to use the league average to assign to a team.

Play with a phantom team which scores the league average each week
This is what we were forced to do last year.  Someone above suggested everyone gets a win against the "ghost" team, but you can't do that bc a couple teams would get an extra win from playin twice.  Funny part was the ghost team finished the regular season in 9th place!

All-play is a good (best?) way to determine the best teams but, if you've been doing this league for 30 years, I'm guessing the HTH matchups mean something from a friendship/fun standpoint. If that's the case, I'd do a league-average ghost team or a double header

We did the ghost team thing a few seasons back.  We had the ghost team scoring 20% more than the league average.  It went really well.  One owner complained because he got beat by the ghost team.  We told him to pound sand.

So at the last second someone came through with a new owner.

Will keep this bookmarked for the future.

Thanks for all the opinions!

We did the ghost team thing a few seasons back.  We had the ghost team scoring 20% more than the league average.  It went really well.  One owner complained because he got beat by the ghost team.  We told him to pound sand.
I kinda like that. That way, the 8 or so teams that don't draw the ghost team twice can't ##### (though, I guess the few that do, can).

Users who are viewing this thread