What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (12 Viewers)

Kareem Hunt is nigh on untradeable right now (unless you're practically giving him away).

Offered him in one way or the other to guys though the 2.5 pick. Zero interest.

Kareem Hunt is nigh on untradeable right now (unless you're practically giving him away).

I haven't offered him for draft picks in the one league where I own him, but I have received offers for him where I would receive a player in return. The latest offer I received was Sony Michel for Hunt and my 2020 1st round pick.

Sold him in a PPR/PPC league a few weeks ago for a 2020 1st.  Was happy to get it and some people in group chat thought I could have gotten more.

Sold him in a PPR/PPC league a few weeks ago for a 2020 1st.  Was happy to get it and some people in group chat thought I could have gotten more.
Everyone always says you could get more in the group chat after you pull the trigger on a deal but for some reason when you are shopping a guy they never offer more.  It's easy to say I would have paid more when the player is no longer on the block. 

Pwingles said:
How are we feeling about Sterling Shepard?
About the same. In the games that Odell has missed he has only increased his production by 2 PPR fantasy points a game. Odell got a lot of targets but he opened up things for everyone else. Now you got Tate who in his Lions 4 full seasons averaged 8.25 targets a game, just 2.25 less then Odell per game, and he may not sustain that but he's a higher volume target guy who unlike Odell does not open up the field. So all in all about the same.

I offered 1.9 for him before he signed with the Browns but also when we had no idea who he would be playing for and when he'd be allowed to play. I got shot down and was told I needed to include my 2020#1 AND a player. I don't have that 1.9 pick anymore, if I did I would not offer it because I think the owner is not reasonable to work with on a trade for Hunt but a pick in the second round is a steal. I'd for sure still give a late first for him.

I offered 1.9 for him before he signed with the Browns but also when we had no idea who he would be playing for and when he'd be allowed to play. I got shot down and was told I needed to include my 2020#1 AND a player. I don't have that 1.9 pick anymore, if I did I would not offer it because I think the owner is not reasonable to work with on a trade for Hunt but a pick in the second round is a steal. I'd for sure still give a late first for him.
Seems like this is the way of it - if you want to sell him you need to take less but if you're actively looking to buy him you have to overpay. 

There's a really wide spread on hunt's value and a really wide spread on the value of picks in this year's draft.  If someone loves this year's draft and everyone in their league hates hunt it wouldn't shock me to see them trade hunt for a second. In other leagues a late first in a supposedly weak class isn't much of an offer.  

One thing worth pointing out is that neither is a very good asset for a win now team.  Hunt is suspended for 2/3 of the fantasy regular season and it's not like you could start him week 9 with any confidence.  He's a much better fit for a rebuild. But so is 1.9. 

It's hard to get a deal done when you're trading similar assets.  Most people won't make a trade they're ambivalent about, so you need one team that likes the late picks in this year's first more than the norm and another that likes hunt more than the norm.  But the guy who owns hunt probably drafted him for a reason, felt like a genius when he was good, and feels like this is a temporary setback. 

Imo if you want to do a deal for him it's best to make an offer that includes a win now asset like Edelman if they're a potential contender, or a young question mark like Corey Davis.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is David Johnson value now?  I got an offer to trade for him.  He’s a good RB, great receiver and a workhorse.  New coaching should be a positive.  But AZ sucks. Feels like buying (an older) Todd Gurley two years ago.  

In 0.5PPR I was offered DJ for Cooper + Corey Davis + R Penny. 

Where is David Johnson value now?  I got an offer to trade for him.  He’s a good RB, great receiver and a workhorse.  New coaching should be a positive.  But AZ sucks. Feels like buying (an older) Todd Gurley two years ago.  

By ADP, it's #16 overall for #21, 39 and 83.

Been trying to get an opinion on this hunt trade everywhere. I'm in full rebuild, Team Name

Decatur Staleys gave up Hunt, Kareem CLE RB and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.04 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.12 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.12 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.03

Team Name gave up Kelly, John LAR RB and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.03 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.15 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.01

Been trying to get an opinion on this hunt trade everywhere. I'm in full rebuild, Team Name

Decatur Staleys gave up Hunt, Kareem CLE RB and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.04 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.12 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.12 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.03

Team Name gave up Kelly, John LAR RB and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.03 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.15 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.01
Well, it should go in the AC form but...

Team Hunt would, essentially, be giving him up to move up three spots at the top of round one but down three at the bottom. Why do that?

I agree with Andy. Seems too cheap for Hunt. Better to hold him and hope he lands safely somewhere.

Well, it should go in the AC form but...

Team Hunt would, essentially, be giving him up to move up three spots at the top of round one but down three at the bottom. Why do that?

I agree with Andy. Seems too cheap for Hunt. Better to hold him and hope he lands safely somewhere.
Didn't get any replies in AC...

So as the guy who got Hunt in this trade, I made the right move? Cool.

Good trade for the guy getting 1.01 if Barkley was a rookie. There isn't one player right now that is worthy of the 1.01. After the draft that will change, but this WR class seems a tad overrated. 

Well I will tell you what I can't move Gurley to save my life.  I'm willing to take a moderate hit on a couple of teams to stock up on other goodies but I am getting RNC all over the place.

I can't seem to move Ingram for anything of worth (late 2nd this year). Maybe i should be buying in other leagues. He's a starting RB on a run first offense. What am i missing?

Well I will tell you what I can't move Gurley to save my life.  I'm willing to take a moderate hit on a couple of teams to stock up on other goodies but I am getting RNC all over the place.
I dealt him for Kittle and Duke Johnson in FFPC right after the arthritis report came out.  I took some flack for it, but the market is cold. 

I would take that in a heartbeat. I own him and he has nowhere that value in my league. I dare say that is a landslide trade in your favor.

I’m looking at the packers depth chart and outside Adams I feel anyone could take the wr2-3 spots. Allison was decent, but not so great that he couldn’t be unseated. MVS showed nice last year, Moore not as much but I wouldn’t count him out. Then you have Jake kumerow, who Rodgers seemed to click with in the preseason, and also had some catches at the end of the year on limited snaps. All of these guys are buy low lotto tickets, except Allison, who may just be a buy low. That offense can produce points. 

I can't seem to move Ingram for anything of worth (late 2nd this year). Maybe i should be buying in other leagues. He's a starting RB on a run first offense. What am i missing?
Yeah I would pay a late 2nd for sure. Maybe I need to see if anyone is selling.

MVS showed nice last year,
I'd recommend reading the entire long article making the rounds today about Rodgers and McCarty's bad relationship. Found a few fantasy nuggets of info in that article and one of them was that MVS reportedly told at least one source that Rodgers hates him and would not throw the ball to him because MVS ran the routes that McCarthy wanted and did not deviate his routes like Rodgers wanted. Anyway I'd read the article if when you have time, Green Bay is going to be interesting next year.

I'd recommend reading the entire long article making the rounds today about Rodgers and McCarty's bad relationship. Found a few fantasy nuggets of info in that article and one of them was that MVS reportedly told at least one source that Rodgers hates him and would not throw the ball to him because MVS ran the routes that McCarthy wanted and did not deviate his routes like Rodgers wanted. Anyway I'd read the article if when you have time, Green Bay is going to be interesting next year.
Well McCarthy is gone so that may get worked out anyway - but interesting.

barackdhouse said:
Yeah I would pay a late 2nd for sure. Maybe I need to see if anyone is selling.
I have been reject for deals for Ingram offering 1.10 & Hurst and 1.07 even.  

He also has Hunt (I have Chubb) and he is firm on holding both.  I can appreciate that, but there is very little activity right now before NFL Draft 

Kyler Murray is going to open everything up for DJ. DJ is a League winner this year barring injury. 

RNC = Reject, no counter-offer? What do you consider to be a "moderate hit" in a return for Gurley?

RNC = Reject, no counter-offer? What do you consider to be a "moderate hit" in a return for Gurley?
I've posted it a few times now, so apologize if I'm being redundant, but I sold Gurley for Kittle and Duke Johnson.  I kinda wanted to puke immediately after but I'm feeling better and better about it by the day.

ETA- *TE premium

Last edited by a moderator:
The two times I dealt Gurley this offseason was actually extremely easy. I did not create a post indicating  I was looking to move him, did not want to look desperate. On both teams I knew I wanted or needed a RB in return so I had a small handful of young, mainly next tier RB's I wanted. I scanned rosters for who had these players, looked over how Gurley made sense for them and what extra to the young RB I was going to request did they have to give me that made sense to them. I was also putting his value in the player 5-6 range, and I think that's key and this was few months ago, I was not entering these trades like I was hawking guy who in December was still in discussion with Barkely for 1.1. I ended up trading him to the only two teams I ever offered him to in a trade, one with zero negotiation and one that required a little back and forth and that back and forth was all on the side dishes of the trade. All in all both trades were quick and easy and 2 for 2 on teams I offered him to accept ratio.

In my experience in leagues people have tried to deal Gurley it's because they are trying to get like a top 4 RB. In last week I've had offers for him wanting  CMC and Kamara and that's going to be hard to pull off now. When I dealt him I made offers thinking of him in terms of 5-6 overall player. Might want to think in terms of 7-10 kind of range now.

menobrown said:
The two times I dealt Gurley this offseason was actually extremely easy. I did not create a post indicating  I was looking to move him, did not want to look desperate. On both teams I knew I wanted or needed a RB in return so I had a small handful of young, mainly next tier RB's I wanted. I scanned rosters for who had these players, looked over how Gurley made sense for them and what extra to the young RB I was going to request did they have to give me that made sense to them. I was also putting his value in the player 5-6 range, and I think that's key and this was few months ago, I was not entering these trades like I was hawking guy who in December was still in discussion with Barkely for 1.1. I ended up trading him to the only two teams I ever offered him to in a trade, one with zero negotiation and one that required a little back and forth and that back and forth was all on the side dishes of the trade. All in all both trades were quick and easy and 2 for 2 on teams I offered him to accept ratio.

In my experience in leagues people have tried to deal Gurley it's because they are trying to get like a top 4 RB. In last week I've had offers for him wanting  CMC and Kamara and that's going to be hard to pull off now. When I dealt him I made offers thinking of him in terms of 5-6 overall player. Might want to think in terms of 7-10 kind of range now.
Can you post the trades?

Can you post the trades?
I did in the trade thread when I made them and did not want to keep making people read my trades but since you asked. These trades were made in February I think, for sure before FA.

Gurley/Golladay for Dalvin/Mike Evans and cutting out the non-essential parts of the trade the other one was Gurley/McKinnon/2.11 for Fournette/Lindsay/Kupp and a 2020#1.

I did in the trade thread when I made them and did not want to keep making people read my trades but since you asked. These trades were made in February I think, for sure before FA.

Gurley/Golladay for Dalvin/Mike Evans and cutting out the non-essential parts of the trade the other one was Gurley/McKinnon/2.11 for Fournette/Lindsay/Kupp and a 2020#1.
Thanks.

I like the them both for you.

Yes, reject no counter.  I offered him for the 1.02 and a 2020 1st.  I offered him for $FAAB (we also do RFA process with this, the amount I requested would be enough to get say Amari Cooper) plus a 2020 1st.  Those are laughable offers 5 months ago yet today it's flipped.

Yes, reject no counter.  I offered him for the 1.02 and a 2020 1st.  I offered him for $FAAB (we also do RFA process with this, the amount I requested would be enough to get say Amari Cooper) plus a 2020 1st.  Those are laughable offers 5 months ago yet today it's flipped.
I'm thinking you must be in a contract league to have RFA. How many years does Gurley have, out of curiosity. 

I'm thinking you must be in a contract league to have RFA. How many years does Gurley have, out of curiosity. 
We are, and this is a couple of different leagues.  One has a lead-pipe lock Franchise Tag rule, so the contract is kind of irrelevant, but the other is a 4 year contract.  These aren't the only ones I have thrown out, but they are representative of the "hit" I am willing to take.

I’m trying to figure out if Gurley is a hold, sell now, or wait for his value to go back up and sell then. 

Does anyone think the “2019 class stinks” narrative is a little overplayed? While there isn’t an obvious “elite” player like Barkley/Zeke/gurley it seems to me to be a better wr class than the last couple years. Kind of like the “David Johnson is old” narrative- he’s 26 going on 30. It gets repeated over and over in 2017 that the 2019 class looks weak and it just becomes normalized. Picks are devalued this year because of it, and I’m trying to capitalize. 

Does anyone think the “2019 class stinks” narrative is a little overplayed? While there isn’t an obvious “elite” player like Barkley/Zeke/gurley it seems to me to be a better wr class than the last couple years. Kind of like the “David Johnson is old” narrative- he’s 26 going on 30. It gets repeated over and over in 2017 that the 2019 class looks weak and it just becomes normalized. Picks are devalued this year because of it, and I’m trying to capitalize. 
It's like the 2016 draft without Elliott.  The top receivers - doctson, treadwell, Coleman - all had warts but that draft also had Michael thomas, tyreek hill, Tyler boyd, Derrick Henry, Jordan Howard, Kenyan drake. hunter henry, and some ok producers like fuller and shepherd. Everyone talked about how terrible that draft was but it produced 3 elite guys and a bunch of starters. 

The difference is that 2017 produced mixon McCaffrey fournette dalvin cook and more in the clear top 5, and 2018 produced barkley guice sony chubb dj moore at or near the top. 

Which 2019 player profile sounds best to you?   A running back who isn't very athletic and didn't play many snaps but checks all the other boxes?  A big strong fast receiver who doesn't run many routes?  A big slot receiver? A short but really athletic quarterback? 

Forget the names, forget calling people "second round prospects" or whatever, those all sound like "guys who could break out in spite of their flaws" instead of "guys who I can build around". 

If you endured a rebuild and got a bunch of early picks this year, you're hoping that some pan out. That's a little scary compared to other years. 

It's like the 2016 draft without Elliott.  The top receivers - doctson, treadwell, Coleman - all had warts but that draft also had Michael thomas, tyreek hill, Tyler boyd, Derrick Henry, Jordan Howard, Kenyan drake. hunter henry, and some ok producers like fuller and shepherd. Everyone talked about how terrible that draft was but it produced 3 elite guys and a bunch of starters. 

The difference is that 2017 produced mixon McCaffrey fournette dalvin cook and more in the clear top 5, and 2018 produced barkley guice sony chubb dj moore at or near the top. 

Which 2019 player profile sounds best to you?   A running back who isn't very athletic and didn't play many snaps but checks all the other boxes?  A big strong fast receiver who doesn't run many routes?  A big slot receiver? A short but really athletic quarterback? 

Forget the names, forget calling people "second round prospects" or whatever, those all sound like "guys who could break out in spite of their flaws" instead of "guys who I can build around". 

If you endured a rebuild and got a bunch of early picks this year, you're hoping that some pan out. That's a little scary compared to other years. 
* I have a draft starting this week, so some of my thinking is “at this point.” 40 man offseason rosters, cut to 30 before week 1. I also have some picks stockpiled, which may be swaying my opinion. 

I agree with your point. Its not a top heavy draft, but it’s deep imo. Look at bia’s draft pick polls, if you have a few 2nd rounders and roster space there are some intriguing players. Maybe you like JJaw or Isabella or Campbell or one of a handful of RBs out there, and if they were sniped earlier maybe it’s a deebo or fant or sanders falls. Some experts love marquis brown, still available at 2.01. 

Landing spots will change this particular years lists a lot. You’re not going to find Calvin or Julio, but you could end up with a Baldwin, golladay, and welker, and maybe a Michael turner or a Gio Bernard.

Fwiw David Johnson is 27, not 26. He will be turning 28 during this year's season. 

Users who are viewing this thread