Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'll be extremely surprised if Deebo has not clearly asserted himself as the far and away most targeted WR in this offense next season, provided he is healthy of course. Don't think it will look like a WR by committee at all, but do agree that between Kittle, Deebo and the RB's Pettis owners won't like his usage. 

Just looking at facts, best case for Deebo, long term he and Pettis have about the same odds of success. Ten or so spots separates them in draft capital, (not much at all) but Pettis has already put up decent per game numbers in the NFL.

Talking redraft, 2019 outlook heavily favors the guy with pro experience already. 

4 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Just looking at facts, best case for Deebo, long term he and Pettis have about the same odds of success. Ten or so spots separates them in draft capital, (not much at all) but Pettis has already put up decent per game numbers in the NFL.

Talking redraft, 2019 outlook heavily favors the guy with pro experience already. 

Saying the best case for Deebo is he and Pettis have same odds of success is nothing remotely like a fact. That's an opinion and obviously not one I share.

1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

8 spots! And the biggest thing for me is NFL success. Pettis doesn't have a ton of experience, but he showed some legitimate NFL ability (in his last 4-5 healthy games) which is the best indicator of future success. Claiming a rookie of similar draft pedigree has a better long term outlook than Pettis is just blind rookie optimism. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Saying the best case for Deebo is he and Pettis have same odds of success is nothing remotely like a fact. That's an opinion and obviously not one I share.

If you want to post something to defend your statement, that would be cool. Seems you like Deebo more and thus would be surprised if hes not the best. This not remotely based in fact unless I missed something, but solely opinion, hot take style. Nbd, but just calling a spade a spade. 

Edited by cloppbeast

25 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

If you want to post something to defend your statement, that would be cool. Seems you like Deebo more and thus would be surprised if hes not the best. This not remotely based in fact unless I missed something, but solely opinion, hot take style. Nbd, but just calling a spade a spade. 

Not really sure what any of this means.

Price check on Damien Williams? 

Also Arob or a future first. 

1 minute ago, Gottabesweet said:

I own him in dynasty, and I think it would take about the 1.05 or 1.06 for me to move him.

As for Arob, unless I was sure that pick was going to be a top 5 pick, I'd probably hang on to him.  Would also depend on my remaining WR's.

24 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Future 1st without hesitation.  No idea why people are still clinging to the thought that ARob is an impactful dynasty WR.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I sold Williams for an unknown 2020 draft pick (not the worst team in the league but not the best. Could make the playoffs or maybe not).

As for Arob...I'll take any 1st rounder for him, this year or next.

A-Rob was definitely overrated going into last year. You can't rely on him. One good year in 5 NFL seasons so far.

That being said, he had 754 yards on 94 targets with a rookie QB on a new team. That's really not that bad.

If you assume his target total could climb to the ~150 he got in his peak Jacksonville seasons without a significant drop in efficiency then you get a ~1200 yard receiver.

He's easily the best WR on the Bears and if you assume progress from Trubisky then you might have a 1000 yard guy and a good WR2-WR3.

I wouldn't give a future first for him because if it ends up being a top 3 pick then you're taking an L, but at 25 years old as an NFL WR1 with a 1400+ yard season in his past, he could justify a late 1st for sure.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, EBF said:

A-Rob was definitely overrated going into last year. You can't rely on him. One good year in 5 NFL seasons so far.

That being said, he had 754 yards on 94 targets with a rookie QB on a new team. That's really not that bad.

If you assume his target total could climb to the ~150 he got in his peak Jacksonville seasons without a significant drop in efficiency then you get a ~1200 yard receiver.

He's easily the best WR on the Bears and if you assume progress from Trubisky then you might have a 1000 yard guy and a good WR2-WR3.

I wouldn't give a future first for him because if it ends up being a top 3 pick then you're taking an L, but at 25 years old as an NFL WR1 with a 1400+ yard season in his past, he could justify a late 1st for sure.

Pretty much agree with this - seems like if you have him you might as well hold and hope for the best since his perceived value is pretty low. I'd move him for a top 5-7 pick in this draft, but I don't see anyone paying that. 

2 hours ago, EBF said:

He did have some injury issues last year as well that could give some hope, and a few big games towards the end of the year.

FWIW Trubisky was a 2nd year starter last year, not a rookie.

I've never been high on ARob but he's on one of my teams and with everything reasonable under the sun rejected in trying to get rid of him this offseason, I am just going to hold.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

I don't like Arob at all.  I think 750-850 and 4-6 TD's is what we're getting year in and year out.  He's safer than some later guys.  But he also has way less upside.  

I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder.  I think JJAW, Isabella, Butler etc can be as good if not better.  If they're not--you still haven't lost a ton IMO.  

4 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

4 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I own him in dynasty, and I think it would take about the 1.05 or 1.06 for me to move him.

As for Arob, unless I was sure that pick was going to be a top 5 pick, I'd probably hang on to him.  Would also depend on my remaining WR's.

Good luck.  I couldn't move him for early 2nd round picks once our draft started.  I'm loaded at RB so wanted to swap the equity into something else, but at that point the price wasn't worth what he'll do for my lineup.  I'll trade someone else I guess.

I'm apparently a lot higher on Robinson than most. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in this year's class other than Jacobs. Some of that has to do with the low quality of this year's class, but a lot also has to do with Robinson himself.

He's locked in as the Bears #1 WR for years to come, is only 26, and has been elite in the past. Metcalf is the only rookie WR I see with as much upside, and he's a lot riskier as he never really produced in college. Trubisky is a wild card. I thought he played pretty poorly last season, but had pretty good fantasy numbers. I think both Trubisky and Robinson were at their floors in 2018. As they build a rapport and get more comfortable in Nagy's offense. I expect solid WR2 numbers for years to come from Robinson. 

Let's not forget that Robinson missed most of last off season rehabbing a torn ACL. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'm apparently a lot higher on Robinson than most. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in this year's class other than Jacobs. Some of that has to do with the low quality of this year's class, but a lot also has to do with Robinson himself.

He's locked in as the Bears #1 WR for years to come, is only 26, and has been elite in the past. Metcalf is the only rookie WR I see with as much upside, and he's a lot riskier as he never really produced in college. Trubisky is a wild card. I thought he played pretty poorly last season, but had pretty good fantasy numbers. I think both Trubisky and Robinson were at their floors in 2018. As they build a rapport and get more comfortable in Nagy's offense. I expect solid WR2 numbers for years to come from Robinson. 

Let's not forget that Robinson missed most of last off season rehabbing a torn ACL. 

He’s had a single elite season out of five, and been thoroughly mediocre in four.  Such an easy pass for a 1st, and bonkers to value him as the 1.02 equivalent in this draft class.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, EBF said:

This is an interesting topic. I've never owned ARob in a dynasty league before but have been sending out feelers for him for the first time this offseason. I've done so for the following reasons:

• Perceived value is way down. For example, people say things like "one good year out of five" ignoring some critical aspects:
    • 1) He was a very young rookie, at age 21.0 when the season started. Guys like Deebo and Calvin Ridley will be/were almost 24 when they started their rookie seasons and most rookie WRs are somewhere around 22.
    • 2) His points per target in his 2nd season were actually elite even when not in garbage time. I found this out by accident when looking into garbage time PPT a couple years ago.
    • 3) The QB play was terrible in his 3rd season. Similar to Hopkins with Osweiller. Their stat lines: 150-73-883-6 vs 151-78-954-4
    • 4) He missed 15 games in his 4th season - so at a minimum, we should say one good year out of four.
    • 5) He was hampered by a groin injury for much of the year and missed three games outright. Was on pace for 116 targets - 68/954/5 while playing through injury.
  • Trubisky wasn't good last year and probably never will be, but he also wasn't terrible. Between Nagy's scheme and Trubisky's arm, I'm willing to say "targets are targets" in this case and I expect a healthy Robinson to get at least 120. Even given his injured state last year, that should be good enough for 1000 yards.
  • Chicago just invested in a grinder at RB, so maybe they don't intend to throw more, but they ranked 25th in pass attempts last year so there is room to grow in that aspect in Trubisky's 3rd season. Again, I wouldn't count on it, but it adds to ARob's intrigue for me.
  • He's got very little competition for targets. I know Anthony Miller was a hot topic last year, but as a 23.9 year old rookie (yes, he's only 1 year younger than ARob), he didn't strike me as a guy who will ever compete to be a team's WR1.
  • I know people draft weirdly in startups, but I don't think I've seen ARob go after 1.05 in any of the startups I've seen and those were all before the disappointing NFL draft.
  • Say what you will about his 4 seasons in the NFL, but he's clearly shown legitimate NFL ability which the rookies have not and he's got a clear path to targets now which most of the rookies also do not. Given the historic bust rate of rookies, the NFL draft slide many of them had, and the landing spots of some of them, I honestly think I'd take him over all of the rookies. I'm not advocating anyone paying an early 1st for him (why pay more than you have to? trade back and then trade for him), but fantasy football is a game of probabilities and I like his odds better than a mid-to-late 1st round fantasy rookie pick.

That being said, I agree with EBF that I would not give a future 1st. I think we're all excited about the 2020 class and if you're one WR2 away from being a playoff caliber team then you're also thin on depth and therefore probably one injury away from being a lottery team.

I would love to hear the specific rookie WRs people value over him in the 1.05-1.12 range.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

This is an interesting topic. I've never owned ARob in a dynasty league before but have been sending out feelers for him for the first time this offseason. I've done so for the following reasons:

• Perceived value is way down. For example, people say things like "one good year out of five" ignoring some critical aspects:
    • 1) He was a very young rookie, at age 21.0 when the season started. Guys like Deebo and Calvin Ridley will be/were almost 24 when they started their rookie seasons and most rookie WRs are somewhere around 22.
    • 2) His points per target in his 2nd season were actually elite even when not in garbage time. I found this out by accident when looking into garbage time PPT a couple years ago.
    • 3) The QB play was terrible in his 3rd season. Similar to Hopkins with Osweiller. Their stat lines: 150-73-883-6 vs 151-78-954-4
    • 4) He missed 15 games in his 4th season - so at a minimum, we should say one good year out of four.
    • 5) He was hampered by a groin injury for much of the year and missed three games outright. Was on pace for 116 targets - 68/954/5 while playing through injury.
  • Trubisky wasn't good last year and probably never will be, but he also wasn't terrible. Between Nagy's scheme and Trubisky's arm, I'm willing to say "targets are targets" in this case and I expect a healthy Robinson to get at least 120. Even given his injured state last year, that should be good enough for 1000 yards.
  • Chicago just invested in a grinder at RB, so maybe they don't intend to throw more, but they ranked 25th in pass attempts last year so there is room to grow in that aspect in Trubisky's 3rd season. Again, I wouldn't count on it, but it adds to ARob's intrigue for me.
  • He's got very little competition for targets. I know Anthony Miller was a hot topic last year, but as a 23.9 year old rookie (yes, he's only 1 year younger than ARob), he didn't strike me as a guy who will ever compete to be a team's WR1.
  • I know people draft weirdly in startups, but I don't think I've seen ARob go after 1.05 in any of the startups I've seen and those were all before the disappointing NFL draft.
  • Say what you will about his 4 seasons in the NFL, but he's clearly shown legitimate NFL ability which the rookies have not and he's got a clear path to targets now which most of the rookies also do not. Given the historic bust rate of rookies, the NFL draft slide many of them had, and the landing spots of some of them, I honestly think I'd take him over all of the rookies. I'm not advocating anyone paying an early 1st for him (why pay more than you have to? trade back and then trade for him), but fantasy football is a game of probabilities and I like his odds better than a mid-to-late 1st round fantasy rookie pick.

That being said, I agree with EBF that I would not give a future 1st. I think we're all excited about the 2020 class and if you're one WR2 away from being a playoff caliber team then you're also thin on depth and therefore probably one injury away from being a lottery team.

I would love to hear the specific rookie WRs people value over him in the 1.05-1.12 range.

That's some top quality stuff. Thanks

I’d trade Robinson for a late 1st. I’d take Murray and Fant over him, in addition to the usual 5-7 suspects.

I think he had his fluky Braylon Edwards season and isn’t a true #1. 

2 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I’d trade Robinson for a late 1st. I’d take Murray and Fant over him, in addition to the usual 5-7 suspects.

Are we talking superflex? I was assuming 1QB for this hypothetical. I disagree with both, but appreciate the answer all the same. I'm assuming the usual 5-7 would be Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, Metcalf, Hockenson, and AJ Brown.

P.S. Wasn't your rule of thumb to never draft rookie TEs? ;)

8 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Are we talking superflex? I was assuming 1QB for this hypothetical. I disagree with both, but appreciate the answer all the same. I'm assuming the usual 5-7 would be Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, Metcalf, Hockenson, and AJ Brown.

P.S. Wasn't your rule of thumb to never draft rookie TEs? ;)

I missed the SF part, if so. Add Haskins then. 

Almost never, and won’t this year. I’d much rather trade late 1sts for 2020 1sts, but would take Fant for ARob.

Certainly risky, as there is a believable pro-Robinson narrative, and he’s still pretty young.

Edited by Concept Coop

2 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I missed the SF part, if so. Add Haskins then. 

Almost never, and won’t this year. I’d much rather trade late 1sts for 2020 1sts, but would take Fant for ARob.

Certainly risky, as there is a believable pro-Robinson narrative, and he’s still pretty young.

I think we all would.

But no, I wasn't talking superflex above. I was asking if you were talking superflex since you mentioned taking Murray in the 1st. 

19 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I agree and to add to this I had a league where someone kept posting that Robinson was available and I needed another fairly young WR. I was sitting on pick 11, thought about offering it, could not bring myself to do it for a player I'm not high on. Ended up drafting Deebo at 11 and Paris Campbell went 2.1.

I like Robinson more then the player who went 1.12 but in this league I'd not have given 2.1 for him if he was offered to me while OTC, would have given 2.2.

I’m a Murray truther. He’s my favorite fantasy qb prospect since Luck/RG3. I don’t know if I’ve ever spent a 1st round pick on a rookie qb in start 1 formats. I would for Murray.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

1.5 seems reasonable to me. Glass half empty types will scoff at that price for such a short resume, and glass half full types, will see a guy who was an RB1 down the stretch, and received no real competition for carries this off season. The truth is probably somewhere in between. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, travdogg said:

1.5 seems reasonable to me. Glass half empty types will scoff at that price for such a short resume, and glass half full types, will see a guy who was an RB1 down the stretch, and received no real competition for carries this off season. The truth is probably somewhere in between. 

His value is way too soft for a 1.5 type of pick...he could be easily replaced by this time next year

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

No way on earth im giving up  first for allen robinson..wish i had him to pawn him off

Totally disagree.

1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

His value is way too soft for a 1.5 type of pick...he could be easily replaced by this time next year

Totally agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This discussion just happened in another league. One owner thinks Robinson is worth more than Boyd. The other the opposite. Who would you rather have Boyd or Robinson? It's PPR.  I am asking to see if I am way off on my valuations. 

I think people are really sleeping on Robinson this year. Another year removed from his injury and had a stellar wild card game to end the season. Mitch's WR1 and not close. 

Edited by Denver724

Just now, Ratbone said:

This discussion just happened in another league. One owner thinks Robinson is worth more than Boyd. The other the opposite. Who would you rather have Boyd or Robinson? It's PPR.  I am asking to see if I am way off on my valuations. 

Robinson for me. 

5 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

Its close, but I prefer Robinson. The uncertainty over what the Bengals offense will look like clinches it for me.

18 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

Boyd by a lot, for me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

I'll take the guy who is WR1 for his team. Age difference is only 1 year.

DLF startup ADP: 48 - Robinson vs. 54 - Boyd

FBG dynasty rank: WR20 - Robinson, WR26 - Boyd

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

Comfortably prefer Boyd 

31 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I'll take the guy who is WR1 for his team. Age difference is only 1 year.

DLF startup ADP: 48 - Robinson vs. 54 - Boyd

FBG dynasty rank: WR20 - Robinson, WR26 - Boyd

Would you take ARob over Thielen or Diggs? Or Ridley, Godwin, Landry?

I’m not sure how much the WR1 v WR2 distinction matters anymore. Targets are targets.

1 hour ago, Ratbone said:

Robinson and not close.  

4 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I’m not sure how much the WR1 v WR2 distinction matters anymore. Targets are targets.

Only over Godwin and Landry.  Never been a big Landry fan.   Godwin is more a toss up. 

Edited by Gottabesweet

5 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Thse arob guys are gonna be bumminh when anthony miller out scores him this year

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Minnesota ranked 6th in pass attempts with 606. Cincinnati ranked 18th with 545. Chicago was 25th with 512. Atlanta was 5th with 617. Tampa... well, that will be very interesting with Arians in town.

You are correct that targets are targets, but to me AJG is going to soak up targets when he's healthy and Cincy doesn't pass enough to feed their WR2 enough to surpass another low volume passing attack's WR1.  

ETA: forgot Landry's team, but I don't really know what to expect for Landry. From week 4 on, Cleveland ranked 12th in pass attempts. But I don't like Landry as a fantasy player, so I'd still take Robinson over him. Landry is about a year older, FWIW.

Edited by FF Ninja

1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

Minnesota ranked 6th in pass attempts with 606. Cincinnati ranked 18th with 545. Chicago was 25th with 512. Atlanta was 5th with 617. Tampa... well, that will be very interesting with Arians in town.

You are correct that targets are targets, but to me AJG is going to soak up targets when he's healthy and Cincy doesn't pass enough to feed their WR2 enough to surpass another low volume passing attack's WR1.  

Boyd’s numbers were steady last season, whether Green played or not. Even as the #2 in the 18th ranked passing offense, Boyd got more targets than Robinson and was a lot more productive with them.

12 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Boyd’s numbers were steady last season, whether Green played or not. Even as the #2 in the 18th ranked passing offense, Boyd got more targets than Robinson and was a lot more productive with them.

Robinson was hampered by a groin injury most of last year. 

But you're right - I had to check and Boyd did have 66 targets in the first 8 games and put up 49/620/5. He somehow averaged fewer targets after AJG's injury. Weird. 

ETA: looked a little deeper and Dalton got hurt - I completely forgot about that. He had thrown the ball 292 times in 8 games. Not sure I'd expect that pace to have continued, but FWIW, that would've put the Bengals at 8th in pass attempts for the year if they'd kept it up.

Edited by FF Ninja

6 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Robinson was hampered by a groin injury most of last year. 

But you're right - I had to check and Boyd did have 66 targets in the first 8 games and put up 49/620/5. He somehow averaged fewer targets after AJG's injury. Weird. 

AJG pulls coverage, Dalton goes to second option. AJG gets hurt, Boyd assumes #1 role and gets coverage, Dalton goes to second option (which is no longer Boyd). Without looking at any actual data, so take it with a grain of salt. Just seems like a plausible explanation. If that was the case, I'd say it could be an indicator of Boyd's ability to progress to true WR1 status. 

10 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

AJG pulls coverage, Dalton goes to second option. AJG gets hurt, Boyd assumes #1 role and gets coverage, Dalton goes to second option (which is no longer Boyd). Without looking at any actual data, so take it with a grain of salt. Just seems like a plausible explanation. If that was the case, I'd say it could be an indicator of Boyd's ability to progress to true WR1 status. 

Boyd got hurt late in the year as well. Without looking it up I think he missed part of week 16 and sat week 17.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Boyd was noticeably less useful for fantasy after Green went down. I have not looked at the data, it's just my murky recollection of it. But I also recollect the same argument being made, that he had coverage rolled to him once Green went down. Makes sense.

Per ZWK:

”Boyd had 76/1028/7 last year in 14 games, on pace for 87/1175/8, with 9.52 yards per target.

He played 8 games with both Dalton & Green playing, 2 games with Dalton and no Green, and 4 games with Driskel as the main QB and (at least mostly) no Green. In each of those 3 setups, he averaged at least 68 yards per game and 9 yards per target.”

68*16=1,088

Boyd was consistent last year, whether Green played or not, whether Dalton played or not. And Jeff Driskel is awful.

• Thanks 1

I am not a huge Robinson fan but it's worth noting he was pretty solid after he finally sat for a few weeks and let his groin heal up.

After coming back from the injury in week 10, counting the playoffs he went 40/612/3 in 8 games, which is 80/1224/6 over a 16 game season.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Per ZWK:

”Boyd had 76/1028/7 last year in 14 games, on pace for 87/1175/8, with 9.52 yards per target.

He played 8 games with both Dalton & Green playing, 2 games with Dalton and no Green, and 4 games with Driskel as the main QB and (at least mostly) no Green. In each of those 3 setups, he averaged at least 68 yards per game and 9 yards per target.”

68*16=1,088

Boyd was consistent last year, whether Green played or not, whether Dalton played or not. And Jeff Driskel is awful.

Totally forgot about Driskel. 

16 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I am not a huge Robinson fan but it's worth noting he was pretty solid after he finally sat for a few weeks and let his groin heal up.

After coming back from the injury in week 10, counting the playoffs he went 40/612/3 in 8 games, which is 80/1224/6 over a 16 game season.

That’s fair to note. It’s also fair to note that Robinson’s playoff performance - his best of the season and an obvious outlier - came against the worst secondary in the league, at that point in the season. Philly was missing their top 3 corners and starting guys they picked up off of waivers.

Those per/16 numbers look great, but I’m not sure they mean anything. 

Edited by Concept Coop

10 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

6-133-2, 31.3 pts (ppr)

3-39-0, 6.9

2-37-0, 5.7

5-79-0, 12.9

5-42-0, 9.2

3-54-0, 8.4

6-85-0, 14.5

10-143-1, 30.3 

Just can’t quite fully get on board the extrapolation game over an 8 game sample size.  He’s been pretty consistently mediocre, with a couple monsters bookending that stretch.   I think he’s an adequate WR3, but not one I’d be very confident rolling out weekly.

• Like 2