What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (11 Viewers)

I’d trade Robinson for a late 1st. I’d take Murray and Fant over him, in addition to the usual 5-7 suspects.

I think he had his fluky Braylon Edwards season and isn’t a true #1. 

I’d trade Robinson for a late 1st. I’d take Murray and Fant over him, in addition to the usual 5-7 suspects.

Are we talking superflex? I was assuming 1QB for this hypothetical. I disagree with both, but appreciate the answer all the same. I'm assuming the usual 5-7 would be Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, Metcalf, Hockenson, and AJ Brown.

P.S. Wasn't your rule of thumb to never draft rookie TEs?  ;)

Are we talking superflex? I was assuming 1QB for this hypothetical. I disagree with both, but appreciate the answer all the same. I'm assuming the usual 5-7 would be Jacobs, Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, Metcalf, Hockenson, and AJ Brown.

P.S. Wasn't your rule of thumb to never draft rookie TEs?  ;)
I missed the SF part, if so. Add Haskins then. 

Almost never, and won’t this year. I’d much rather trade late 1sts for 2020 1sts, but would take Fant for ARob.

Certainly risky, as there is a believable pro-Robinson narrative, and he’s still pretty young.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the SF part, if so. Add Haskins then. 

Almost never, and won’t this year. I’d much rather trade late 1sts for 2020 1sts, but would take Fant for ARob.

Certainly risky, as there is a believable pro-Robinson narrative, and he’s still pretty young.
I think we all would.

But no, I wasn't talking superflex above. I was asking if you were talking superflex since you mentioned taking Murray in the 1st. 

I agree and to add to this I had a league where someone kept posting that Robinson was available and I needed another fairly young WR. I was sitting on pick 11, thought about offering it, could not bring myself to do it for a player I'm not high on. Ended up drafting Deebo at 11 and Paris Campbell went 2.1.

I like Robinson more then the player who went 1.12 but in this league I'd not have given 2.1 for him if he was offered to me while OTC, would have given 2.2.

I’m a Murray truther. He’s my favorite fantasy qb prospect since Luck/RG3. I don’t know if I’ve ever spent a 1st round pick on a rookie qb in start 1 formats. I would for Murray.

Price check on Damien Williams? 
1.5 seems reasonable to me. Glass half empty types will scoff at that price for such a short resume, and glass half full types, will see a guy who was an RB1 down the stretch, and received no real competition for carries this off season. The truth is probably somewhere in between. 

1.5 seems reasonable to me. Glass half empty types will scoff at that price for such a short resume, and glass half full types, will see a guy who was an RB1 down the stretch, and received no real competition for carries this off season. The truth is probably somewhere in between. 
His value is way too soft for a 1.5 type of pick...he could be easily replaced by this time next year

This discussion just happened in another league. One owner thinks Robinson is worth more than Boyd. The other the opposite. Who would you rather have Boyd or Robinson? It's PPR.  I am asking to see if I am way off on my valuations. 

I think people are really sleeping on Robinson this year. Another year removed from his injury and had a stellar wild card game to end the season. Mitch's WR1 and not close. 

This discussion just happened in another league. One owner thinks Robinson is worth more than Boyd. The other the opposite. Who would you rather have Boyd or Robinson? It's PPR.  I am asking to see if I am way off on my valuations. 
Robinson for me. 

Its close, but I prefer Robinson. The uncertainty over what the Bengals offense will look like clinches it for me.

I'll take the guy who is WR1 for his team. Age difference is only 1 year.

DLF startup ADP: 48 - Robinson vs. 54 - Boyd

FBG dynasty rank: WR20 - Robinson, WR26 - Boyd

Comfortably prefer Boyd 

I'll take the guy who is WR1 for his team. Age difference is only 1 year.

DLF startup ADP: 48 - Robinson vs. 54 - Boyd

FBG dynasty rank: WR20 - Robinson, WR26 - Boyd
Would you take ARob over Thielen or Diggs? Or Ridley, Godwin, Landry?

I’m not sure how much the WR1 v WR2 distinction matters anymore. Targets are targets.

Robinson and not close.  

I’m not sure how much the WR1 v WR2 distinction matters anymore. Targets are targets.
Only over Godwin and Landry.  Never been a big Landry fan.   Godwin is more a toss up. 

Minnesota ranked 6th in pass attempts with 606. Cincinnati ranked 18th with 545. Chicago was 25th with 512. Atlanta was 5th with 617. Tampa... well, that will be very interesting with Arians in town.

You are correct that targets are targets, but to me AJG is going to soak up targets when he's healthy and Cincy doesn't pass enough to feed their WR2 enough to surpass another low volume passing attack's WR1.  

ETA: forgot Landry's team, but I don't really know what to expect for Landry. From week 4 on, Cleveland ranked 12th in pass attempts. But I don't like Landry as a fantasy player, so I'd still take Robinson over him. Landry is about a year older, FWIW.

Minnesota ranked 6th in pass attempts with 606. Cincinnati ranked 18th with 545. Chicago was 25th with 512. Atlanta was 5th with 617. Tampa... well, that will be very interesting with Arians in town.

You are correct that targets are targets, but to me AJG is going to soak up targets when he's healthy and Cincy doesn't pass enough to feed their WR2 enough to surpass another low volume passing attack's WR1.  
Boyd’s numbers were steady last season, whether Green played or not. Even as the #2 in the 18th ranked passing offense, Boyd got more targets than Robinson and was a lot more productive with them.

Boyd’s numbers were steady last season, whether Green played or not. Even as the #2 in the 18th ranked passing offense, Boyd got more targets than Robinson and was a lot more productive with them.
Robinson was hampered by a groin injury most of last year. 

But you're right - I had to check and Boyd did have 66 targets in the first 8 games and put up 49/620/5. He somehow averaged fewer targets after AJG's injury. Weird. 

ETA: looked a little deeper and Dalton got hurt - I completely forgot about that. He had thrown the ball 292 times in 8 games. Not sure I'd expect that pace to have continued, but FWIW, that would've put the Bengals at 8th in pass attempts for the year if they'd kept it up.

Robinson was hampered by a groin injury most of last year. 

But you're right - I had to check and Boyd did have 66 targets in the first 8 games and put up 49/620/5. He somehow averaged fewer targets after AJG's injury. Weird. 
AJG pulls coverage, Dalton goes to second option. AJG gets hurt, Boyd assumes #1 role and gets coverage, Dalton goes to second option (which is no longer Boyd). Without looking at any actual data, so take it with a grain of salt. Just seems like a plausible explanation. If that was the case, I'd say it could be an indicator of Boyd's ability to progress to true WR1 status. 

AJG pulls coverage, Dalton goes to second option. AJG gets hurt, Boyd assumes #1 role and gets coverage, Dalton goes to second option (which is no longer Boyd). Without looking at any actual data, so take it with a grain of salt. Just seems like a plausible explanation. If that was the case, I'd say it could be an indicator of Boyd's ability to progress to true WR1 status. 
Boyd got hurt late in the year as well. Without looking it up I think he missed part of week 16 and sat week 17.

Boyd was noticeably less useful for fantasy after Green went down. I have not looked at the data, it's just my murky recollection of it. But I also recollect the same argument being made, that he had coverage rolled to him once Green went down. Makes sense.

Per ZWK:

”Boyd had 76/1028/7 last year in 14 games, on pace for 87/1175/8, with 9.52 yards per target.

He played 8 games with both Dalton & Green playing, 2 games with Dalton and no Green, and 4 games with Driskel as the main QB and (at least mostly) no Green. In each of those 3 setups, he averaged at least 68 yards per game and 9 yards per target.”

68*16=1,088

Boyd was consistent last year, whether Green played or not, whether Dalton played or not. And Jeff Driskel is awful.

I am not a huge Robinson fan but it's worth noting he was pretty solid after he finally sat for a few weeks and let his groin heal up.

After coming back from the injury in week 10, counting the playoffs he went 40/612/3 in 8 games, which is 80/1224/6 over a 16 game season.

Concept Coop said:
Per ZWK:

”Boyd had 76/1028/7 last year in 14 games, on pace for 87/1175/8, with 9.52 yards per target.

He played 8 games with both Dalton & Green playing, 2 games with Dalton and no Green, and 4 games with Driskel as the main QB and (at least mostly) no Green. In each of those 3 setups, he averaged at least 68 yards per game and 9 yards per target.”

68*16=1,088

Boyd was consistent last year, whether Green played or not, whether Dalton played or not. And Jeff Driskel is awful.
Totally forgot about Driskel. 

I am not a huge Robinson fan but it's worth noting he was pretty solid after he finally sat for a few weeks and let his groin heal up.

After coming back from the injury in week 10, counting the playoffs he went 40/612/3 in 8 games, which is 80/1224/6 over a 16 game season.
That’s fair to note. It’s also fair to note that Robinson’s playoff performance - his best of the season and an obvious outlier - came against the worst secondary in the league, at that point in the season. Philly was missing their top 3 corners and starting guys they picked up off of waivers.

Those per/16 numbers look great, but I’m not sure they mean anything. 

6-133-2, 31.3 pts (ppr)

3-39-0, 6.9

2-37-0, 5.7

5-79-0, 12.9

5-42-0, 9.2

3-54-0, 8.4

6-85-0, 14.5

10-143-1, 30.3 

Just can’t quite fully get on board the extrapolation game over an 8 game sample size.  He’s been pretty consistently mediocre, with a couple monsters bookending that stretch.   I think he’s an adequate WR3, but not one I’d be very confident rolling out weekly.

That’s fair to note. It’s also fair to note that Robinson’s playoff performance - his best of the season and an obvious outlier - came against the worst secondary in the league, at that point in the season. Philly was missing their top 3 corners and starting guys they picked up off of waivers.

10/143/1 = 30.3 points

His best game was 6/133/2 = 31.3 points

So maybe two outliers?  :P

Players have bizarre 8 game splits all the time, so you're right they don't mean much. But when a player is semi-healthy for one (he was still on the injury report with a hip injury in the second half of the season) and injured for the other, I give the splits a little closer attention.

So in PPR I have the split between the first 8 games played with Green and the next 6 played without Green breaking down as follows:

With Green, Boyd earned 17.7 FPs per game

W/O Green, Boyd earned 13.3 FPs per game

This is just one look at it, I'm not saying this is proof positive or anything. Take it as you will. Also, Boyd did better with Driskel than he did with Dalton (in games without Green). Not saying he can't be a productive WR without Green, and I actually really like him, but I'm not sure we can say he would produce as well without him drawing coverage away. In his first 8 games with both Green and Dalton, he scored over 20 FPs 5 times. Once without Green in 6 attempts, thanks to a garbage time TD pass by Driskel in a game they were down 35-7.

Sure but when we are talking about WR2's that's generally how things go.  ARob and Boyd both had 3 games that really stand out against the rest of their season, with Boyd's best likewise coming against an awful defense (Tampa).

Amari Cooper had 2 games with 40+ fantasy points, and 8 games with single digit points.  Chris Godwin was two big games and a bag of chips and people can't wait to get their hands on him.

Cooper is actually a really interesting comparison.

Cooper after going to Dallas

ARob after finally sitting out and letting the groin heal up

They both had 4 games in single digits, 2 games of 30+, and the rest of the games in the teens.

Sure but when we are talking about WR2's that's generally how things go.  ARob and Boyd both had 3 games that really stand out against the rest of their season, with Boyd's best likewise coming against an awful defense (Tampa).

Amari Cooper had 2 games with 40+ fantasy points, and 8 games with single digit points.  Chris Godwin was two big games and a bag of chips and people can't wait to get their hands on him.

Cooper is actually a really interesting comparison.

Cooper after going to Dallas

ARob after finally sitting out and letting the groin heal up

They both had 4 games in single digits, 2 games of 30+, and the rest of the games in the teens.
Boyd scored in double digits in 9 of his 14 games. He scored 20 points in 6 of them. 25 points “really stands out” in 28, 25, 25, 21, 21, 21? I’m not sure what you’re getting at here. Even cherry picking games, Robinson wasn’t nearly as consistent. 

And why are you including playoff games for Robinson but not Cooper? That makes no sense. Be consistent and the comparison falls apart.

And why are you including playoff games for Robinson but not Cooper? That makes no sense. Be consistent and the comparison falls apart.
:lmao:  honestly I forgot Dallas even made the playoffs, I guess I am so used to them disappointing now it's just pre-programmed in my brain.  Fair point, as Cooper had 2 good games in the playoffs as well (17pts and 18pts).

Price check on DJ Moore in PPR? I am trying to get Allen Robinson off his owner & he wants DJ Moore + Lamar Miller for him. I felt that was too high & so does every trade calculator. I know Miller's value is not high, but decent depth is nice to have IMO.

Would countering with Robby Anderson instead of DJ be fair or should I just take his offer?
Moore is more valuable than Robinson straight up. 

Price check on DJ Moore in PPR? I am trying to get Allen Robinson off his owner & he wants DJ Moore + Lamar Miller for him. I felt that was too high & so does every trade calculator. I know Miller's value is not high, but decent depth is nice to have IMO.

Would countering with Robby Anderson instead of DJ be fair or should I just take his offer?
I'd call that way too much for Robinson. DJ Moore is a WR2 in my opinion, who is what 23? Moore is also an undisputed #1 WR, and showed some major big play ability last year. 

Anderson and Miller for Robinson is a fair offer. I'm not a Robby Anderson guy at all though. I think he's got an interesting situation, I just don't trust him to stay on the field at all, plus he's an impending FA. 

Basically, Moore>Robinson>>Miller>Anderson

I have DJ Moore on one team and I basically consider him untouchable.

Sometimes these guys never live up to the ceiling we imagine, but he's the type of guy who can make you regret that for years and years.

Freak athlete on paper and it translates to the field. We may just be scratching the surface.

Redraft I'd say Moore & Robinson are fairly even (if you believe in Robinson, which I don't) and in dynasty it would take Robinson + for me to give up Moore. (I don't own either, anywhere)

Price check on Mike Williams WR LAC... anyone seeing him in trades? 

Most trade calculators / value charts / etc. seem to have him worth less than I'd trade him for but nobody is biting in leagues where I try to acquire him.
Anyone care to circle back around to this one? 

Anyone?

Beuller?

Anyone?

Beuller?
I'd put Mike Williams around 1.5. He's got a lot going for him, big TD threat, also gets a lot of deep passes, and was a top-10 pick, who looked much improved in year 2. However, its unlikely he passes Keenan Allen anytime soon, and who knows how long Rivers has. Tyrell Williams leaving is offset by the return of Hunter Henry. 

I'd be feeling fine with Williams as a WR3.

Anyone?

Beuller?
Williams is big targets of mine this off-season. I traded a late 2020 1st, late 2020 2nd, and Matt Ryan in a 12 Tm, 4pt passing TD, PPR league. I was stoked to get him for that.

In terms of 2019 rookie picks - I’d trade him for Jacobs without thought. I might prefer Harry, but it’s close. So I personally value him in the 1.02 - 1.03 range, but he should come cheaper than that.

i don’t think his situation is a negative. He doesn’t need a ton of targets to score points and if he’s the real deal, he’ll get plenty. And the Chargers are likely to throw a lot more than they did last season, as they have in the past. 

He has elite traits, but needs to get separation more consistently. If he can sharpen his routes, he can be a top 10 fantasy WR. If he can’t or doesn’t, I think he’s a TD dependent WR3.

According to ADP data, Moore is at 38 overall which is 10 before Robinson, so the other guy should pay extra.

Anyone?

Beuller?
His ADP is 53, right ahead of Boyd.

Williams is one of my big targets this off-season. I traded a late 2020 1st, late 2020 2nd, and Matt Ryan in a 12 Tm, PPR, 4 pt passing TD league. I was stoked to get him for that.

In terms of 2019 rookie picks - I’d trade him for Jacobs without thought. I might prefer Harry, but it’s close. So I personally value him in the 1.02 - 1.03 range, but he should come cheaper than that.

i don’t think his situation is a negative. He doesn’t need a ton of targets to score points and if he’s the real deal, he’ll get plenty. The Chargers are likely to throw a lot more than they did last season.

He has elite traits, but needs to get separation more consistently. If he can sharpen his routes, he can be a top 10 fantasy WR. If he can’t or doesn’t, I think he’s a TD dependent WR3.
Awesome... that first one is a nice barometer. 

Thanks for the replies @travdogg and @FF Ninja

And the Chargers are likely to throw a lot more than they did last season, as they have in the past.
This is false, barring injuries. Reasons:

1. HC Lynn wants a balanced offense. And when I say balanced, Lynn really wants something more skewed toward the run than true balance.
  2. The Chargers OL was near the bottom of the league at pass blocking but was somewhat better at run blocking. The team did not take any significant steps to improve the pass blocking.
  3. The Chargers defense is positioned to be elite in 2019 and beyond. How far beyond is hard to predict given injuries, contracts, etc. But for 2019, there is no reason to expect more passing, given that the defense should be even better than it was last year.

This is false, barring injuries. Reasons:

1. HC Lynn wants a balanced offense. And when I say balanced, Lynn really wants something more skewed toward the run than true balance.
  2. The Chargers OL was near the bottom of the league at pass blocking but was somewhat better at run blocking. The team did not take any significant steps to improve the pass blocking.
  3. The Chargers defense is positioned to be elite in 2019 and beyond. How far beyond is hard to predict given injuries, contracts, etc. But for 2019, there is no reason to expect more passing, given that the defense should be even better than it was last year.
It can’t be false, as next season hasn’t happened yet. But I understand that you disagree. 

It can’t be false, as next season hasn’t happened yet. But I understand that you disagree. 
With all due respect, it is absolutely false that "the Chargers are likely to throw a lot more than they did last season." 'Likely' being the word that makes it false.

If you disagree, please post some actual reasons other than "as they have in the past" when the past doesn't reflect their actual coaching and roster makeup for 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread