What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

Any Zack Moss trades or offers lately? Got an offer of Robby Anderson (blah) and a second. I doubt I take that offer but just trying to see what he's valued at.
Depends on the second. We are starting our third and he’s still available. I’d easily take an early second for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
hispeedthinmint said:
Price check on Landry & Mattison in PPR? (I'm a Dalvin Cook owner :D )
If you ask me a late second for Mattison. I guess Landry should be more like early second. 
I drafted Mattison round 13 to cuff Cook. Landry went middle 9th. SF ppr dynasty league. 
If you want my opinion I would wait until Cook signs to buy Mattison. His value will be lower then. Probably more like mid third for him then. And on Landry I would consider looking elsewhere given he is 30 and coming off hip rehab. 

Any Zack Moss trades or offers lately? Got an offer of Robby Anderson (blah) and a second. I doubt I take that offer but just trying to see what he's valued at.
I would try find something other than Robbie Anderson. But Moss is probably worth a early second as is. So see if you can get second and something more useful that Robbie Andersen of of him. I say this because I am high on Moss. It looks like he will be getting a lot of red zone carries and early down work. That’s all you will need to have great opportunity to shine and grow workload. I have a feeling Moss will be the lead there by end of season. So you need try get more in my opinion. 

Parris Campbell, I think he's worth like a mid 2nd. But in every league I keep getting turned down with fair offers. My question is, how much to give is crazy? Am I nuts if I offered Marquise Brown or Darius Slayton straight up?

I would try find something other than Robbie Anderson. But Moss is probably worth a early second as is. So see if you can get second and something more useful that Robbie Andersen of of him. I say this because I am high on Moss. It looks like he will be getting a lot of red zone carries and early down work. That’s all you will need to have great opportunity to shine and grow workload. I have a feeling Moss will be the lead there by end of season. So you need try get more in my opinion. 
I agree with this post.  I am drafting at 1.7 and 1.8 in our rookie/FA draft and if the "Big 5" RB are gone I will take Moss at 1.8 just so I get him (caveat, I have no 2nd round picks).

Parris Campbell, I think he's worth like a mid 2nd. But in every league I keep getting turned down with fair offers. My question is, how much to give is crazy? Am I nuts if I offered Marquise Brown or Darius Slayton straight up?
Yes. I would rather have either of those two by a wide margin. If you don't that's fine but I'd ask for more than Campbell. 

Yeah I agree with barack.  Both players hold more value than Campbell.  I view Slayton and Campbell very similarly but Slayton has actually produced.  Brown is easily more valuable.  Mid 2nd is about right for what I'd look to buy Campbell at, I wouldn't offer more, and I'd prefer to offer less.  I don't own him anywhere but that seems like it wouldn't be enough to grab him from his owner.  I wouldn't mind Slayton for Campbell because I don't see a high ceiling for Slayton and in theory Campbell still has that, Brown I wouldn't trade.  

I moved Campbell and Ian Thomas for Mark Andrews.  I was thrilled with it and didn't even "need" Andrews as I already have Kittle.

@sheerterror @Zyphros @barackdhouse Appreciate the feedback.

Parris to me is an enticing combination of fluidity and speed. Looks like he's developed his route running too 1 2. The upside there is T.Y. Hilton or DeSean Jackson, I dare not say Tyreek Hill though. The concern is whether Campbell knows how to play receiver and get open against a real defense. A big if, even in College he was manufactured touches. I'm not swayed even a little by the camp reports - because remember John Ross. The hype coming from beat reporters will make it difficult to trade for my boy. Disappointing.

@sheerterror @Zyphros @barackdhouse Appreciate the feedback.

Parris to me is an enticing combination of fluidity and speed. Looks like he's developed his route running too 1 2. The upside there is T.Y. Hilton or DeSean Jackson, I dare not say Tyreek Hill though. The concern is whether Campbell knows how to play receiver and get open against a real defense. A big if, even in College he was manufactured touches. I'm not swayed even a little by the camp reports - because remember John Ross. The hype coming from beat reporters will make it difficult to trade for my boy. Disappointing.
Well I thought the mid 2nd valuation seemed right on and not a bad price for your guy. I just wouldn't give Slayton or Brown but I might give a 2nd. I certainly think Campbell has upside there. 

Well I thought the mid 2nd valuation seemed right on and not a bad price for your guy. I just wouldn't give Slayton or Brown but I might give a 2nd. I certainly think Campbell has upside there. 
Yeah, that's too much to give I agree. Instead, I'm going to find out where the guy lives and leave the head of a dead horse in his bed. You know, make him an offer he can't refuse.

Wow. I do not understand why the Andrews owner would do that. 
Sorry - forgot the 2.12 pick (turned into Anthony McFarland) was in there as well.

I offered, he accepted.  Guy constantly sells good pieces low on offers he makes himself.  He had told me he had interest in a few of my guys, 1 being Campbell.  Literally only piece he had at the time I wanted was Andrews, and surprisingly he accepted without a counter.

Sorry - forgot the 2.12 pick (turned into Anthony McFarland) was in there as well.

I offered, he accepted.  Guy constantly sells good pieces low on offers he makes himself.  He had told me he had interest in a few of my guys, 1 being Campbell.  Literally only piece he had at the time I wanted was Andrews, and surprisingly he accepted without a counter.
God bless you

Any recent trades involving Raheem Mostert? What is his value, a 2020 late first?

Put him on the block and got an offer of pick 17 but feel like he is worth more.

Any Miles Sanders owners looking to cash in on the hype?  I own him, but for large parts of last season felt buyer’s remorse. The end of the year was great production wise, but he still got dinged up and now is dinged again. 

I find myself most concerned about his vision as there were numerous examples early last year of him missing monster holes. Rookies can certainly get better, but I wonder if he has just been overhyped the whole way because of the situation and his athleticism and combine metrics. 

Would any of you move for one of the top-3 backs in this class, or is that just crazy talk?

Last edited by a moderator:
In a SF league what combo do you think holds more value, Burrow and Akers/Lamb or JT and Tua/Akers or Lamb?  I have 1.02 and 1.08 in the rookie draft and we are starting it this coming week finally.  CEH will go 1.01 so just trying to max out value with the two picks.

Any recent trades involving Raheem Mostert? What is his value, a 2020 late first?

Put him on the block and got an offer of pick 17 but feel like he is worth more.
I was rebuilding and traded Mostert away for 2.08 and a 2021 3rd.  I shopped him pretty hard and tried to get 1.12 but in the end this was the best offer I could get.  

In a SF league what combo do you think holds more value, Burrow and Akers/Lamb or JT and Tua/Akers or Lamb?  I have 1.02 and 1.08 in the rookie draft and we are starting it this coming week finally.  CEH will go 1.01 so just trying to max out value with the two picks.
I like Tua, and despite the injuries I think Tua isn’t THAT big a step down from Burrow. But, in a SF league, how can you be sure you’ll get Tua at 1.08?  

In my 12-team SF (QRRWWWTFF) Burrow went 1.01 followed by the 4 RBs and Jeudy, and Tua fell to 1.7. I’m not sure how much farther he would’ve fallen had that owner not taken him, but my point is simply that you can’t win without QBs in a Superflex, so I’d be very aware of your fallback options should you take Taylor at 1.02 and not get Tua at 1.08. Then what?

Take Burrow at 1.02 and forget about it. There will be talent looking good at 1.08 and it won't be Tua. I think Akers at 1.08 would be fantastic. 

Take Burrow at 1.02 and forget about it. There will be talent looking good at 1.08 and it won't be Tua. I think Akers at 1.08 would be fantastic. 
In a SF you have to go Burrow at 1.02.  I was able to get Akers at 1.07 in a non-SF so you should be able to either land Akers/Lamb/Juedy at that spot.

I like Tua, and despite the injuries I think Tua isn’t THAT big a step down from Burrow. But, in a SF league, how can you be sure you’ll get Tua at 1.08?  

In my 12-team SF (QRRWWWTFF) Burrow went 1.01 followed by the 4 RBs and Jeudy, and Tua fell to 1.7. I’m not sure how much farther he would’ve fallen had that owner not taken him, but my point is simply that you can’t win without QBs in a Superflex, so I’d be very aware of your fallback options should you take Taylor at 1.02 and not get Tua at 1.08. Then what?
The league is new and did an "orphan" draft where all 12 owners rankings were used and then you were assigned the highest rated player in your draft slot for 10 rounds.  Finishing the rest of that draft now, rookie picks were assigned anytime a rookie made the rankings.  So long story short I do own Watson and Matt Ryan right now and only have Kamara and Fournette going into the rest of the vet draft.  Anyway, you are 100% right no guarantee Tua makes it to me.  Was just checking what other people though I think the safest play is take Burrow and then the top RB/WR at 8.

The league is new and did an "orphan" draft where all 12 owners rankings were used and then you were assigned the highest rated player in your draft slot for 10 rounds.  Finishing the rest of that draft now, rookie picks were assigned anytime a rookie made the rankings.  So long story short I do own Watson and Matt Ryan right now and only have Kamara and Fournette going into the rest of the vet draft.  Anyway, you are 100% right no guarantee Tua makes it to me.  Was just checking what other people though I think the safest play is take Burrow and then the top RB/WR at 8.
Weird - never heard of that. 

I’d take Burrow and know you can ride out any growing pains with Ryan. Ryan is no spring chicken. Watson and Burrow set you up for a decade. 

I was rebuilding and traded Mostert away for 2.08 and a 2021 3rd.  I shopped him pretty hard and tried to get 1.12 but in the end this was the best offer I could get.  

He's 28 and on a team that loves the RBBC - I can't see anyone paying a first.
This is correct but wait until half way through when he's atop the leaderboard in rushing and a win-now team needs points. That's what I'm waiting on. Plus, he's my RB2. *sad trombone* *wahhh wahhh*

straight up who do we like more, and why?

Shenault or Pittman
I'll take Pittman. Shenault is probably more exciting and Pittman is more of the "floor play" between the two, but I just think Pittman has more upside than people are giving him credit for. He's smooth in everything that he does, has great physicality and I think can be a very reliable PPR target as a #1 or #2 WR.

To me he's one of those guys that maybe looks less dynamic when you watch him (vs his measurables) because he's kind of gliding across the field, rather than making splash plays or burning coverage. I view him as a kind of mashup between a taller Keenan Allen and Kenny Golladay. 

Shenault is great too and I'd be happy to own him in dynasty, but I tend to think it's harder for those all purpose type weapons to really hit. It's maybe a bit more dependant on an offensive staff maximising what he can do. I generally don't trust NFL coaches to really do that. 

straight up who do we like more, and why?

Shenault or Pittman
Shenault easily.  Much looser, stronger, more productive over first 3 years in college, younger, can be used way more creatively and differently than a strictly big guy WR on the outside or inside.  Pittman I never really bought, he looked ok when I watched his games cuts but nothing really stood out.  Kind of awkward at times with a few good traits.  Shenault actually stood out in a lot of ways.  

Shenault was always expected to be a great athlete, shame we didn't see his combine.  Pittman kind of surprised people with his workout.  Those types are usually over-hyped because they're elevated on their workouts instead of actually being good AND having good measurables.  I don't particularly believe the times are that big of a deal for WR's or RB's at the combine, but it's more about their field work and the drills.  Pittman still never stood out there and the only hype was because he tested above what people thought he'd do.  I don't want him anywhere.  

Shenault has a chance to be special, Pittman doesn't. 

Shenault easily.  Much looser, stronger, more productive over first 3 years in college, younger, can be used way more creatively and differently than a strictly big guy WR on the outside or inside.  Pittman I never really bought, he looked ok when I watched his games cuts but nothing really stood out.  Kind of awkward at times with a few good traits.  Shenault actually stood out in a lot of ways.  

Shenault was always expected to be a great athlete, shame we didn't see his combine.  Pittman kind of surprised people with his workout.  Those types are usually over-hyped because they're elevated on their workouts instead of actually being good AND having good measurables.  I don't particularly believe the times are that big of a deal for WR's or RB's at the combine, but it's more about their field work and the drills.  Pittman still never stood out there and the only hype was because he tested above what people thought he'd do.  I don't want him anywhere.  

Shenault has a chance to be special, Pittman doesn't. 
Not sure about that.  I like Pittman's chance to shine over Shenault and there is that injury thing....  You also undervalue Pittman's contributions on the field in 2019.

Value check - Sanders v Jacobs v Taylor in a PPR league?  I really like Taylor but I feel like skipping Jacobs would be foolish.  Sanders, maybe not so much.

Value check - Sanders v Jacobs v Taylor in a PPR league?  I really like Taylor but I feel like skipping Jacobs would be foolish.  Sanders, maybe not so much.
Taylor, Jacobs, Sanders.  Not much gap for me.  Taylor nudges Jacobs due to Colts O line.  May take Sanders over Jacobs in PPR.  I really haven't looked at him much.

Jacobs, Sanders, Taylor.

I like Jacobs and Sanders a little more in PPR because of Jacobs at Alabama and Sanders in the pros proving he can obviously catch out of the backfield. Jury is still out on Taylor out of the backfield, however many people kick and scream to the contrary. 

Guess I'm the only one that thinks it's Sanders easily over the others  

Sanders >> Taylor >> Jacobs to me.  I know Sanders and Taylor can hit home runs, I don't know that about Jacobs.  That's a calling card to me, Sanders gets the nod because of great pass catching work as well where the other 2 are a little iffy in that area.  

Guess I'm the only one that thinks it's Sanders easily over the others  

Sanders >> Taylor >> Jacobs to me.  I know Sanders and Taylor can hit home runs, I don't know that about Jacobs.  That's a calling card to me, Sanders gets the nod because of great pass catching work as well where the other 2 are a little iffy in that area.  
I'm much more torn on JT vs Sanders than either of them vs Jacobs. Won't argue with anyone that prefers Sanders though. I get the appeal, which is why i have him most places. 

Well, went with Jacobs, and almost got Taylor at 2.3 lol.  Ten team keep 3 league.  There was some questionable drafting.

Users who are viewing this thread