Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

ok, apologies that this is borderline ACF, but I just need a sanity check.

super flex dynasty rookie draft.  i have #1 pick.  offer to me is Chubb/Nuk for the #1 pick, and I give him back his third round pick that I got from him in a trade last year.  this is insta-accept right?  he's just high? or am I high?

Edited by -jb-

10 minutes ago, -jb- said:

super flex dynasty rookie draft.  i have #1 pick.  offer to me is Chubb/Nuk for the #1 pick, and I give him back his third round pick that I got from him in a trade last year.  this is insta-accept right?  he's just high? or am I high?

Chubb/Nuk for 1.01 and a 3rd round rookie pick. Seems heavily favored to Chubb/Nuk. Who is that person targeting?

12 minutes ago, -jb- said:

I snap accept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Chubb/Nuk for 1.01 and a 3rd round rookie pick. Seems heavily favored to Chubb/Nuk. Who is that person targeting?

I assume burrow.  maybe CEH.  this seems like such a no brainer I just had to make sure I wasn't missing something.  thx for reply

2 hours ago, -jb- said:

I assume burrow.  maybe CEH.  this seems like such a no brainer I just had to make sure I wasn't missing something.  thx for reply

You aren't missing anything. Accept.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kutta said:

You aren't missing anything. Accept.

Thx and I did. Team got a lot better in short order. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

How does everyone rank the following in PPR for the right pick @ top of round 2 in rookie drafts? Just going by BPA.

Reagor, Edwards, Dillon, Gibson, J. Jefferson, Aiyuk, Pittman

Jefferson, Edwards, Reagor, Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk (all pretty close though) and then a distant Dillon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

How does everyone rank the following in PPR for the right pick @ top of round 2 in rookie drafts? Just going by BPA.

Reagor, Edwards, Jefferson, Gibson, Aiyuk, Dillon, Pittman

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Jefferson, Edwards, Reagor, Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk (all pretty close though) and then a distant Dillon.

Reagor, Aiyuk, Pittman, Jefferson / Edwards (tie), Gibson, Dillon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Jefferson, Reagor, Gibson, Dillon, Pittman, Aiyuk, Edwards

• Like 1

Just now, smbkrypt24 said:

Jefferson, Reagor, Gibson, Dillon, Pittman, Aiyuk, Edwards

Why would you rank Dillon that high?  He's a lumbering RB that will likely bust IMO.

I take him that high because I do value RBs over WRs if they are similar in my rankings.  I don't think much of Aiyuk or Edwards.  You could talk me into Pittman being ranked higher than Dillon and Gibson.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Agree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

These are the guys left. I wanted Jefferson so now I am really not sure!!! Dillon is out of the running, though. Tough call between Gibson, Aiyuk & Edwards... Higgins is also a consideration

Dynasty PPR start up & vet draft doesn't start till tonight so not like I can draft based on need. I have the 1.01 pick so I will at least get CMC & I already have CEH

Edwards

Not sure if this is better in the trade thread, but has anyone seen any Fournette trades or had discussions? Not sure what his value would look like at this point. 

1 hour ago, RushHour said:

Not sure if this is better in the trade thread, but has anyone seen any Fournette trades or had discussions? Not sure what his value would look like at this point. 

Someone in your league likes his landing spot. If you want to trade him find that guy. 

Curious on thoughts to an offer I considered making: Dalvin/Ridley +  ? = Barkley

Am I in the ballpark? I'm pretty deep at WR and could also start with JuJu/Dalvin. 

3 hours ago, RushHour said:

One guy moved him for Singletary and Moss right before he signed with Tampa.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Pittman value check. 2022 draft picks....1st & a 3rd too much?

Personally I try not to devalue future picks that much as it always seem to leave me bummed when the draft does role around (unless I am getting an elite player in return). There is not a chance I would pay a future first for Pittman. It is not as though I think he is a bad player but I am do not think he will become an elite player.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Pittman value check. 2022 draft picks....1st & a 3rd too much?

He's not good enough to deal what could be a high first. Two years is a long time. I’d only trade that far it for a proven commodity. 

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Price check on Lamar Jackson's value in PPR dynasty? I would specially like to move him to upgrade my WRs, but still need a QB in return

In a superflex i was recently offered 3 future firsts and Tyrod Talyor for him. I declined.

10 Team PPR dynasty

Team A gave M Breida

Team B gave 2021 4th (likely late)

Separate deal

Team A gave Chark, 4.10

Team B gave 2.10

And another

Team A gave 2020 2.1

Team B gave 2020 2.5, 2.10

Edited by skycriesmary

8 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

10 Team PPR dynasty

Team A gave M Breida

Separate deal

Team A gave Chark, 4.10

Team B gave 2.10

And another

Team A gave 2020 2.1

lol, is that a miss-print on the Chark deal.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Any Conner trades go down in dynasty PPR lately? I was offered a 2021 1st for him. THis dynasty is a start up so who knows what pick it will be, but looking at his roster I am guessing mid or maybe early.

Problem is if I move him I have a RB problem. Start 2 RB + 2 Flex. My only other starters are CMC & CEH. If Ozigbo or Robinson hit I may be ok, but who knows...

This one is tricky.  Seems about fair.  I get what you're saying about having a RB problem if you move him but the problem with relying on guys like that in dynasty is there's a pretty reasonable chance that by week 5 you'll have a RB problem even if you keep him.  There is a pretty reasonable chance his value fades into nothingness this year and basically no chance of a future 1st doing so.

That said I am very bearish on 2021 picks relative to normal.  Outside of Chase and the QBs (if this is SF) the top of the class is largely last year's leftovers and relatively unexciting.  Usually that gets supplemented by in-season college breakouts but there will likely be fewer of those this year with fewer games and half the teams not playing.  And that's assuming the entire season doesn't end up canceled a few weeks in without any of those in-season breakout players getting a chance to emerge.  Imagine the 2019 draft class without Jacobs, Sanders, etc getting a chance to come mostly out of nowhere during the college season.

In the end I think if it's Superflex I would consider taking the pick.  In 1qb I'd probably just keep Conner if you think your team has a shot, unless you look over the other guy's team and it's bad enough that you can project the pick as a very high one.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skycriesmary said:

10 Team PPR dynasty

Team A gave M Breida

Separate deal

Team A gave Chark, 4.10

Team B gave 2.10

And another

Team A gave 2020 2.1

That is way cheap for Breida and absurdly stupidly cheap for Chark. Like, that Chark deal is awful. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, djmich said:

lol, is that a miss-print on the Chark deal.

No, and I couldnt hit accept fast enough.

• Like 1

Akers price check:

Two 2021 1s (1.7-1.12 range) and a 2022 1 (late)

Feels like the Akers owner needs to kick back a 2 somewhere, no?

1 hour ago, JFS171 said:

Akers price check:

Huh? How is a guy was just taken at 1.5-7 and yet to play a down now worth three firsts?

His value is first and player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JFS171 said:

Akers price check:

Three 1sts is too many imo, even if getting a 2nd back.

7 hours ago, JFS171 said:

Akers price check:

I’m a big Akers fan but that’s too much.

6 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Three 1sts is too many imo, even if getting a 2nd back.

wtf is going on? WAY too much. Trading future 1st's this far out is a slippery slope. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, osiriskid said:

In a superflex i was recently offered 3 future firsts and Tyrod Talyor for him. I declined.

wow...I think I take that deal (roster construction would matter though).  I'm fearful of a TD regression for Lamar and the offense is a run first so his passing #s probably wouldn't offset a down tick in rushing TDs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil_Dog said:

wow...I think I take that deal (roster construction would matter though).  I'm fearful of a TD regression for Lamar and the offense is a run first so his passing #s probably wouldn't offset a down tick in rushing TDs.

Agreed.  You may regret passing on that.  3x 1sts is a lot of bullets to get what you want at a later date.  There's no guarantee Lamar 2020 = Lamar 2019.

9 hours ago, jabarony said:

Agreed.  You may regret passing on that.  3x 1sts is a lot of bullets to get what you want at a later date.  There's no guarantee Lamar 2020 = Lamar 2019.

My issue is that the firsts are for  a 2021, 2022, and 2023. I don't want to wait multiple years to recoup the value for this trade. Am I wrong in this thought process? Admittedly,  I'm currently rebuilding and have Herbert on my taxi.

Can we get a price check on Will Fuller? I'm thinking of shipping a second off for him in hopes that it will be accepted. What kind of move is this on my part? Let's assume I think he'll be healthy.

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Can we get a price check on Will Fuller? I'm thinking of shipping a second off for him in hopes that it will be accepted. What kind of move is this on my part? Let's assume I think he'll be healthy.

Good. I’ll sell him for a 2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IHEARTFF said:

Good. I’ll sell him for a 2. 

Really low two, most likely. 2.09 or later. Thinking about throwing in a fourth and trying to acquire Matt Stafford if you're doing the two so readily for Fuller.

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Really low two, most likely. 2.09 or later. Thinking about throwing in a fourth and trying to acquire Matt Stafford if you're doing the two so readily for Fuller.

You should try that for sure. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

You should try that for sure. 

Sent. In essence, it'll be one of my twos that I acquired for Tyler Boyd. I'd do Boyd for Fuller head up on upside alone.

Just now, rockaction said:

Sent. In essence, it'll be one of my twos that I acquired for Tyler Boyd. I'd do Boyd for Fuller head up on upside alone.

I prefer Boyd, but if you haven’t had the Fuller experience, it is tantalizing. 

41 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

😂😂😂

I love it.  You'll have about 4 weeks where you're completely punishing people.  I own him.   I compare the experience to Darren McFadden in my earlier fantasy career.   

48 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Having the Fuller experience will make a man out of you.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Oh God. I have Fuller this season in two leagues for the first time. I don't know if I'm ready to become a man.

Would you flip him for a two?

8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I’d pay a 2 for him. Probably even an early 2nd. 

Edited by Blick
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blick said:

I’d pay a 2 for him. Probably even an early 2nd. 

That's my worry is that a mid to late two isn't enough for him. But I'm not willing to part with any more than that, so we'll see.

33 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I have him in redraft, just wanted to get my comment in there. To answer your question, depending on my receiver depth I might sell him for a second. But if he was my WR3, probably not.

Would you rather have 

A. 2022 1st round pick (TBD 1-12) 

B. WTF’s Gibson

?

1 minute ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I have him in redraft, just wanted to get my comment in there. To answer your question, depending on my receiver depth I might sell him for a second. But if he was my WR3, probably not.

Thanks for the response and I appreciated your comment. The guy I'm trying to acquire him from isn't even starting him while starting five guys at WR (lots of flex here) so...maybe a shot at it.

• Like 1