What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (6 Viewers)

I'm starting him in 3 leagues.  I haven't been this excited since I had Corradelle Patterson going in 3 leagues.  Not really comparing the two, but it's similar for me.  Hope I'm right this time.  (Corradelle did have a nice TD in week 1 that year)

Hill will be the focal point of Belichick's gameplan, guaranteed. But he'll also get his. Predicting 8 catches for 80 yards and a TD (in garbage time). That's 22 points in PPR. Yummmmmmmmm.
Why would KC be throwing with a big lead? :yes:

☹️ Yep - couldn't decide if I wanted to bench McCaffrey or Watkins for him in a dynasty and couldn't pull the trigger before kickoff.
I respect you as a knowledgeable poster but I don't understand Watkins over Tyreek.

Would you unpack that a little?

They certainly were not covering the #3 WR, which is what Hill lined up as most of the time.  Again, if you WATCH THE TAPE (which I have), most of his big plays are against LB's, Nickel Corners or Safeties. Show me some tape where he beat the #1 corner of the opponent. I doubt you'll find any. 

You just wait till week one against THE HODDIE...he has had all summer to prepare for week #1, and he will show the league how to shut down Hill. 
Lel.

I respect you as a knowledgeable poster but I don't understand Watkins over Tyreek.

Would you unpack that a little?
Pats D is very good and they excel at taking away oppositions best player. Thought the Rams will want to feature their new acquisition and Colts D blows. Went back and forth but looks like there's little chance I'll have made the right call.

Pats D is very good and they excel at taking away oppositions best player. Thought the Rams will want to feature their new acquisition and Colts D blows. Went back and forth but looks like there's little chance I'll have made the right call.
Pats D looks like #### tonight. Especially when Hightower left. That being said this is just a replication of what Hill did at the end of last year.

Could've had a 200+ yarder very easily if not for cramps and the game going the way it has instead of getting blown out. 

Gonna be an exciting year, BUCKLE UP!

Didn't work out this way for tonight but I saw the Chiefs playing catch-up all night.

As for Sunday with Scott Tolzein behind a newly reshuffled offensive line (literally reshuffled today) on the road feels like the Todd Gurley show to me.

Had him on my bench but had to plug him in with Mike Evans on bye.  Nice to get lucky.  Started Hunt also. 

"Do you feel lucky, punk?"

why, yes, as a matter of fact I do

I sat HIll unfortunately. Played Martavis Bryant instead and regretting it a bit.

Luckily, not playing against Hunt in that league. The person who is played Gronk and the NE Def, so they're not off to a great start.

Chaka said:
Didn't work out this way for tonight but I saw the Chiefs playing catch-up all night.

As for Sunday with Scott Tolzein behind a newly reshuffled offensive line (literally reshuffled today) on the road feels like the Todd Gurley show to me.
I doubt that the Rams won't need to throw at all - like I said I most likely made the wrong choice here but it happens. As long as CMc and Watkins have decent enough games I should be ok as I'm a heavy favorite on paper.

Yes, by mid-season you'll be quoting me as being 100% right, and cursing your teams that have a hole at your #2 WR, because we wasted a pick on Hill. The hooded SITH LORD has had the whole summer to prepare for week #1 and will show the league how to shut down hill. you can QUOTE me on that. 
:lmao:  I'm sure the rest of the league is furiously taking notes from last night's game film.

I sat HIll unfortunately. Played Martavis Bryant instead and regretting it a bit.

Luckily, not playing against Hunt in that league. The person who is played Gronk and the NE Def, so they're not off to a great start.
Only week 1, but now you know the true power of the Tyfreak!

Except playing on special team.....
They had him in on a few punt returns.....7 targets plus 2 carries and he didn't play half of the 4th.....i'll take that all day.....he's the best big play threat in the league......if KC is going to give him 130+ targets and 50 carries.......how many is he going to break for long TD's?

It is literally impossible to prepare/game plan for a guy who's a nuthair slower than Usain Bolt and can catch. 
And run routes. Seriously, when this guy had five points standard last night, it was a quiet night that was still set to be a very decent night and yet still...BAM!  

So glad I drafted this guy after four running backs as my WR1 knowing that I could get Thielen as my WR2 and have Zeke, Le'Veon, Mixon, and Crowell going for me in a 1 QB 2WR 2RB 1 FLEX league. Should be able to compensate for Zeke's absence until playoff time comes. Then...

WHAM! 

Last edited by a moderator:
And run routes. Seriously, when this guy had five points standard last night, it was a quiet night that was still set to be a very decent night and yet still...BAM!  

So glad I drafted this guy after four running backs as my WR1 knowing that I could get Theilen as my WR2 and have Zeke, Le'Veon, Mixon, and Crowell going for me in a 1 QB 2WR 2RB 1 FLEX league. Should be able to compensate for Zeke's absence until playoff time comes. Then...

WHAM! 
wham is right.  good team!!

I did notice they were getting him in motion to get him away from press coverage, though. One thing that concerns me about having so much invested in a KC deep threat is that plays take a while to develop and Alex Smith likes to manage games and get the ball away quickly. He doesn't really look back to his read if Hill gets bumped off the line and can't immediately fight through it. You don't have Ben Roethlisberger back there waiting for AB to get open.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that the Rams won't need to throw at all - like I said I most likely made the wrong choice here but it happens. As long as CMc and Watkins have decent enough games I should be ok as I'm a heavy favorite on paper.
Of course the Rams will throw the ball, don't make it seem like I was suggesting otherwise. Hill has a good game but Watkins could still outproduce him, he has the talent to spare. I just think the game plans, on paper, favored Hill.

Good luck.

Hill=Top Reach/Bust of 2017 in Fantasy...

This guy is not going to produce anywhere close to the hype. I picked him up as waiver wire gold last year, and I traded him in all leagues before he becomes fools gold. Mark it down. 

Your relying on a under-sized WR, moving into a #1WR role for the first time, on a run-first offense with Alex "I can't see 20 yards downfield" Smith....good luck with that  :lmao:
hows that going for you...?

They certainly were not covering the #3 WR, which is what Hill lined up as most of the time.  Again, if you WATCH THE TAPE (which I have), most of his big plays are against LB's, Nickel Corners or Safeties. Show me some tape where he beat the #1 corner of the opponent. I doubt you'll find any. 

You just wait till week one against THE HODDIE...he has had all summer to prepare for week #1, and he will show the league how to shut down Hill. 
:lmao:

Yes, by mid-season you'll be quoting me as being 100% right, and cursing your teams that have a hole at your #2 WR, because we wasted a pick on Hill. The hooded SITH LORD has had the whole summer to prepare for week #1 and will show the league how to shut down hill. you can QUOTE me on that. 

No. I dont think Smith cans spell "aggressively." I expect Hill and Kelce to do stuff with their 5 yard outs or quick slants and drags.

Something that does and will always bother me about Hill, imagine if Hill took a knee during the national anthem instead of punched his pregnant girlfriend. I wouldnt be able to have him on my fantasy team if he took a knee.  

Mahomes will be starting next year, no way Smith is leading this team with his dink and dunks next year. Thats good for Tyreek. 
really enjoying catching up on this thread,,,,,

KC fan and not going to rub anybody's nose in it....but that game is probably OVAH if NE converts that first 4th down.....
really enjoying catching up on this thread,,,,,
30 minutes apart. lol All good, I wont go back and point out yours. :P

But I suspect Smith will fall back to earth, like every other year of his career.  Glad Smith opened it up clearly professional coaches thought the same thing as they were not prepared for the big play from Smith, Hoody was out coached by Reid last night.  hill was able to capitalize on one big play, sometimes thats all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread