What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gen X President(s)? - A Poll (1 Viewer)

How Many Gen-X Presidents Will the US Have?

Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 11 28.2%

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • 3+

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

oso diablo

Footballguy
Will America ever have a Gen X President? Or, are we going to skip straight from Hillary/Trump to Millennials?

Defining GenX as people born from 1965-1980 inclusive.

The largest recorded gap in Presidential birth years is 22 years between 1924 (Eisenhower & Bush I) and 1946 (Clinton I and Bush II).  The second largest is 18 years between 1890 (Eisenhower) and 1908 (LBJ).

The average gap dating back to Washington is 5 years.  If you move the start date up to the beginning of the 20th century, the average gap only increases to 6years.

I think it's likely that there will be a President born between 1965 and 1980.

:nerd:

The largest recorded gap in Presidential birth years is 22 years between 1924 (Eisenhower & Bush I) and 1946 (Clinton I and Bush II).  The second largest is 18 years between 1890 (Eisenhower) and 1908 (LBJ).

The average gap dating back to Washington is 5 years.  If you move the start date up to the beginning of the 20th century, the average gap only increases to 6years.

I think it's likely that there will be a President born between 1965 and 1980.

:nerd:
good info. 

what might make this different are the large demographic bubbles that are Boomers and Millennials, with GenX the trough "middle child" generation. 

i voted 1, and i think 0 is more likely than 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
This country's only hope is to start cycling in Carter Kids (1976-80) over and over again as many times as possible.
Huh.  I guess this really is a thing.  This is probably why I never could remember which generation I was supposed to be in.  Interwebs says Gen X ends in the mid 70's, but Gen & starts in 1980.  Carter kids it is!

Gavin Newsom ('67) has a shot.  Former mayor of SF, current Lt. Governor of CA, but will run for Governor in '18.  Excellent communicator and telegenic.  Very liberal, but youth in this country trending that way.  By 2024, if he's Governor of CA and the Republicans put forth another crapfest candidate, I can see it happening.

Oh, it definitely really is a thing. The more data that becomes available, it's pretty clear that the Carter Kids are pretty unique, and have a distinct place in American culture that positions them well for the future. Honestly we should skip over Gen X and the millennials as much as possible and shoehorn in Carter Kids until there's none left.
Are we talking about Amy Carter or Jay Z & Beyonce's kids?

Pedantically pointing out: Jimmy Carter was born in 1924 as well as Bush père.

Gavin Newsom ('67) has a shot.  Former mayor of SF, current Lt. Governor of CA, but will run for Governor in '18.  Excellent communicator and telegenic.  Very liberal, but youth in this country trending that way.  By 2024, if he's Governor of CA and the Republicans put forth another crapfest candidate, I can see it happening.
Step 1 done...won CA primary for governor this week and will be huge favorite in general election.

I didn't count on Trump winning 2016 in my previous post.  I thought HRC would be president in 2016 and run unapposed on the D side in 2020.  Trump's victory messes with the timeline.  I think the D who runs for POTUS in 2020 wins huge and will run unapposed on the D side in 2024.  I doubt Newsom waits until 2028 when he's 61 to run, so he might run in 2020. Might be too soon for him, depending on how a brief stint as CA governor is viewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1 done...won CA primary for governor this week and will be huge favorite in general election.

I didn't count on Trump winning 2016 in my previous post.  I thought HRC would be president in 2016 and run unapposed on the D side in 2020.  Trump's victory messes with the timeline.  I think the D who runs for POTUS in 2020 wins huge and will run unapposed on the D side in 2024.  I doubt Newsom waits until 2028 when he's 61 to run, so he might run in 2020. Might be too soon for him, depending on how a brief stint as CA governor is viewed.
Gavin will take a shot in 2020, along with Harris. will be an interesting race between sitting Governor and sitting Senator. 

Now that stuff like affairs don't matter, he'd have a good shot.  

Quint said:
Gavin will take a shot in 2020, along with Harris. will be an interesting race between sitting Governor and sitting Senator. 
No former SF city official will ever be elected to national office.

No former SF city official will ever be elected to national office.
I dunno. Folks in SF have pretty much forgiven Gavin for his “indescretions”. He’s got the charisma the voting public wants -  that demo is debatable of course - and he’s got the D vote of most  Mellenials (sp?) locked up in traditional “blue” states. Probably can flip a couple Purple too.  

I dunno. Folks in SF have pretty much forgiven Gavin for his “indescretions”. He’s got the charisma the voting public wants -  that demo is debatable of course - and he’s got the D vote of most  Mellenials (sp?) locked up in traditional “blue” states. Probably can flip a couple Purple too.  
SF still symbolizes a lot of things the far right hate about America

Users who are viewing this thread