What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doctors concerned Bridgewater will never play again (1 Viewer)

That sucks should that come to pass.

However, IMO, he wasn't that good to begin with so from a purely football perspective I don't think the Vikings as an organization are in trouble.  I consider Bradford an upgrade over Bridgewater and I don't think Bradford is that good either.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and better role model.  That's the worst part if he never plays again.  The NFL needs guys like him.  Hoping for the best.  

I think I remember hearing that, at the time of the injury, had they not been able to get him to the hospital as quickly as they did, he could have lost the leg or even worse. It was a pretty catastrophic injury. Not surprising it could be career-threatening.
Holy crap.   Wasn't it no contact too?  What a freak thing it must have been. 

when I first heard of his injury and how hush hush the Vikings were about details I was very concerned about this. I'm not surprised one bit. makes more sense that the Vikings spent so much in that trade for Bradford 

Why doesn't this happen more often? This was non-contact so even if it was a 1 in a million occurrence this should happen like a few thousand times a year to just people walking around.

Reading the article, the headline is slightly misleading. 

Bridgewater's doctors aren't saying this...."doctors" are commenting on it. 

Not saying they're right or wrong, but player can (and have) survived this injury, and there's no direct report that Bridgewater is actually in jeopardy of never playing again. 

Bridgewater is making strides and Vikings officials are pleased with where he's at. But other doctors around the league know there are no guarantees Bridgewater will be able to return to the type of quarterback he was, if he makes it back to the NFL at all. 

Reading the article, the headline is slightly misleading. 

Bridgewater's doctors aren't saying this...."doctors" are commenting on it. 

Not saying they're right or wrong, but player can (and have) survived this injury, and there's no direct report that Bridgewater is actually in jeopardy of never playing again. 

Total bush league reporting. 

all adam schefter is saying is that doctors around the NFL are concerned for bridgewater's future. that's not bush league reporting. if competent team doctors feel this way, it's newsworthy.

if the NFL's medical sharing database is anything like the MLB's, and i'm sure it is to a certain extent, other team's doctors have access to some basic diagnosis, injury info, scans, and rehab meds/activities, not to mention it's a pretty small fraternity and i'm sure a lot of them talk with each other. it's not like these are a bunch of joe schmos, MDs, just chiming in for ####s and giggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
all adam schefter is saying is that doctors around the NFL are concerned for bridgewater's future. that's not bush league reporting. if competent team doctors feel this way, it's newsworthy.

if the NFL's medical sharing database is anything like the MLB's, and i'm sure it is to a certain extent, other team's doctors have access to some basic diagnosis, injury info, scans, and rehab meds/activities, not to mention it's a pretty small fraternity and i'm sure a lot of them talk with each other. it's not like these are a bunch of joe schmos, MDs, just chiming in for ####s and giggles.
It's bush league to report a doctor's opinion as anything authoritative when that doctor hasn't examined the patient.  Why did he even mention doctors?  Why didn't he just say random people?  He wanted to add credibility, that's why.  The problem is that a doctor that hasn't examined the patient isn't credible.  If an IRS agent came by and told you you owed them 25k from last year's taxes even though they haven't audited you, would you find him credible and write him a check? 

It's bush league to report a doctor's opinion as anything authoritative when that doctor hasn't examined the patient.  Why did he even mention doctors?  Why didn't he just say random people?  He wanted to add credibility, that's why.  The problem is that a doctor that hasn't examined the patient isn't credible.  If an IRS agent came by and told you you owed them 25k from last year's taxes even though they haven't audited you, would you find him credible and write him a check? 
did you just reply to my post without reading it? because it really seems like you did.

did you just reply to my post without reading it? because it really seems like you did.
did you just reply to my post without reading the article? because it really seems like you did.   

It didn't say "doctors that have reviewed Bridgewater's records think" or "doctors familiar with Bridgewater's injury, rehab, and progress think".  It was "other doctors around the league know there are no guarantees".  You know who else knows there are no guarantees?  Every single person ever.  We don't need a doctor to tell us that and citing the doctor was an attempt to buy legitimacy where none existed.  "As one doctor who's worked with NFL teams said this week, 'If he didn't make it back, it wouldn't surprise me. This is a bad injury, about the worst knee injury a player can have.' " is another beauty.  If you poll 1000 doctors 1001 of them wouldn't be surprised by that.  It's really hard to surprise a doctor a medical stuff because, you know, they all "know there are no guarantees"  It's a horrific injury.  He could have lost his leg without incredible immediate treatment.  Of course it's not going to surprise a doctor if there are long term consequences.

It's a misleading headline because it implies that it's Teddy Bridgewater's doctor (who is "concerned Bridgewater will never play again"). 

It's called "sensationalism" and it's click-bait. 

Reading the very 1st paragraph, there's proof of that.  I don't understand what you could possibly be defending here. Bridgewater's doctor and the team says they're happy with his progress. 

So to be accurate reporting and responsible journalism, either title it, "Doctors say that injuries like the one Teddy Bridgewater sustained can be career threatening" or, "Teddy Bridgewater progressing nicely in his rehab." 

But no one would click on either of those articles. 

Might as well have titled the article, "Thing Teddy Bridgewater Fears Most About Knee Injury, Click to Find Out!"  :bs:

This is hack journalism. 

Is there any evidence that this data sharing is happening?

Because I am unaware of anything like it.

yes. admittedly, i am making some assumptions about these docs based on what we know about the NFL and other pro leagues.

also, players health records exist in a shared database. this was negotiated in a prior CBA and exists so that wherever these players play and whatever docs actually treat them, they'll have the most up to date info possible.

and health committees have access to player's health records and they meet and review current med records throughout the season. many committee members are also team doctors. i've never heard that they review these med records anonymously. it is possible they do. 

but like i said, assuming they have NO ACCESS to any of bridgewater's med info is probably a greater assumption than assuming they have more access than the public.

It's a misleading headline because it implies that it's Teddy Bridgewater's doctor. 

It's called "sensationalism" and it's click-bait. 

This is hack journalism. 

you're talking about the bleacher report article. i'm talking about schefter's report and i never said anything about the headline of the bleacher report article. they're two different things and i couldn't really care less about the headline some schmuck editor at bleacher report slapped on to some writer's synopsis of schefter's report. schefter's report is fine. it's newsworthy to know what doctors around the league think about bridgewater's injury. they're pros. they deal with traumatic injuries all the time. and they likely have a decent more bit of info on the injury than we do.

did you just reply to my post without reading the article? because it really seems like you did.   

It didn't say "doctors that have reviewed Bridgewater's records think" or "doctors familiar with Bridgewater's injury, rehab, and progress think".  It was "other doctors around the league know there are no guarantees".  You know who else knows there are no guarantees?  Every single person ever.  We don't need a doctor to tell us that and citing the doctor was an attempt to buy legitimacy where none existed.  "As one doctor who's worked with NFL teams said this week, 'If he didn't make it back, it wouldn't surprise me. This is a bad injury, about the worst knee injury a player can have.' " is another beauty.  If you poll 1000 doctors 1001 of them wouldn't be surprised by that.  It's really hard to surprise a doctor a medical stuff because, you know, they all "know there are no guarantees"  It's a horrific injury.  He could have lost his leg without incredible immediate treatment.  Of course it's not going to surprise a doctor if there are long term consequences.

nope. i specifically addressed schefter's report as quoted in the article. you asked me why did he mention doctors AFTER i had already stated why i thought league doctors were more qualified to talk about this than joe schmo MDs. i'm not sure where adam schefter touched you, but i'm sorry that you are so upset about this.

you're talking about the bleacher report article. i'm talking about schefter's report and i never said anything about the headline of the bleacher report article. they're two different things and i couldn't really care less about the headline some schmuck editor at bleacher report slapped on to some writer's synopsis of schefter's report.
Thank you for clarifying.

You quoted me so I assumed we were talking about the same thing.  Why would you possibly quote my reaction to the Bleacher Report article if you were talking about the Schefter report?   :unsure:

schefter's report is fine. it's newsworthy to know what doctors around the league think about bridgewater's injury. they're pros. they deal with traumatic injuries all the time. and they likely have a decent more bit of info on the injury than we do.
Not really. It's actually irrelevant since everyone heals differently and ever injury is different.

It's not newsworthy since the ONLY report about Bridgewater is that "he's progressing" and "the team is happy" with said progression. And unless it's Bridgewater's doctors commenting on Bridgewater's injury, I fair to see how this is "newsworthy" in the slightest.

It's speculative at best. 

Why doesn't this happen more often? This was non-contact so even if it was a 1 in a million occurrence this should happen like a few thousand times a year to just people walking around.
it happens a lot to random Joe's who think they can go play basketball for a weekend tournament because they did in high school. I know because I treat them. most people give up organized team sports before this may have a chance to happen 

Since there is conflicting reports on this I will go on the record with The Second Opinion ™ :

I'll go on my original assessment and say if he does come back he will be a fraction of what he was and may never come back. This is possibly the worst injury we have ever seen in recent memory. Worse than Marcus Lattimore IMO.

for his sake I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this ending well for him. 

that's my opinion based on limited facts at my disposal and my professional experience 

that's my opinion based on limited facts at my disposal and my professional experience 
It's fairly credible....you're on the Internet, after all. 

:P  

Kidding of course - your opinion is probably worth 5 of mine based on your profession (or rather based on mine. lol) 

It's a devastating injury - and you're right that it's going to be difficult for Bridgewater to come back from it.  But it's also possible that he becomes a better pocket passer and it ony affects his ability to scramble. 

If this were a RB, TE, WR or defensive player I'd think his career would be in greater jeopardy, but QBs run as an option, not as a primary function of their job.  So as a hot sauce guy totally untrained in medicine, I would guess that it's possible Bridgewater plays at a high level again, regardless of whether he loses a step or 2 running the ball. 

Yeah that article is ####. No actual reporting or new info at all. People were saying 'he may never come back from this' immediately after. In fact it's title (and thus thread title) is so misleading this doesn't deserve a thread. 

I didn't read the article and I am not going to. I am pretty certain this is a bunch of hot air with no new information associated with it.

All I have to know is this. Player injuries are protected health information that is only shared with designated team officials and that information is shared with the coaches and front office in accordance with privacy laws. Normally this information is only shared with the patient, the doctor, next of kin and insurance companies who are bound by law to not share this information with the public.

So who gives a rats behind what some other doctor speculated about this that any other joe couldn't have? They don't know. If they did know then there would be a breach of contract regarding the players privacy and ensuing lawsuits.

When hacks come out and say stuff like this you should know right away that they are full of it. Because of the law.

Stolen laptop could mean compromised health records for NFL

All clubs have been directed to re-confirm that they have reviewed their internal data protection and privacy policies and that medical information is stored and transmitted on password-protected and encrypted devices; and that every person with access to medical information has reviewed and received training on the policies regarding the privacy and security of that information.

nope. i specifically addressed schefter's report as quoted in the article. you asked me why did he mention doctors AFTER i had already stated why i thought league doctors were more qualified to talk about this than joe schmo MDs. i'm not sure where adam schefter touched you, but i'm sorry that you are so upset about this.
Ad hominem, the tool of the weak mind.  You go ahead and make all the assumptions you want to accept this crap as legit journalism.  You'll be real successful with that.

It's fairly credible....you're on the Internet, after all. 

:P  

Kidding of course - your opinion is probably worth 5 of mine based on your profession (or rather based on mine. lol) 

It's a devastating injury - and you're right that it's going to be difficult for Bridgewater to come back from it.  But it's also possible that he becomes a better pocket passer and it ony affects his ability to scramble. 

If this were a RB, TE, WR or defensive player I'd think his career would be in greater jeopardy, but QBs run as an option, not as a primary function of their job.  So as a hot sauce guy totally untrained in medicine, I would guess that it's possible Bridgewater plays at a high level again, regardless of whether he loses a step or 2 running the ball. 
yes when he tries to come back he will need to adjust his game. that's the only way. he will never be the same player

I didn't read the article and I am not going to. I am pretty certain this is a bunch of hot air with no new information associated with it.

All I have to know is this. Player injuries are protected health information that is only shared with designated team officials and that information is shared with the coaches and front office in accordance with privacy laws. Normally this information is only shared with the patient, the doctor, next of kin and insurance companies who are bound by law to not share this information with the public.

So who gives a rats behind what some other doctor speculated about this that any other joe couldn't have? They don't know. If they did know then there would be a breach of contract regarding the players privacy and ensuing lawsuits.

When hacks come out and say stuff like this you should know right away that they are full of it. Because of the law.

Stolen laptop could mean compromised health records for NFL
this is true however professionals who are familiar with these injuries are the next best thing than someone breaking HIPPA and leaking info. 

would you trust my opinion on an injury over Joe the drywaller? sure I don't know details but I know the body and injuries and rehab... it's what I do every day. 

yes, it's a guess, but take it for what it's worth. I was on here saying lacy was done at least 24 hours before any report was based off my experience. 

I take the opposite POV there - I appreciate @Dr. Brew contributing medically based insight and I don't see it as hurting his credibility at all.

i participate on hot sauce community forums as a professional Hot Sauce maker because it's a subject of interest and because I have some expertise, so I would hope that doesn't hurt my credibility in that arena?

i consider us fortunate that someone with Dr.Brew's background is willing to shed light on injuries that few others here are capable of. It's a benefit to this community for sure.

on the early morning Sunday morning radio show I listen to on the way to my market they have a doctor offering similar takes and I always enjoy that segment. 

this is true however professionals who are familiar with these injuries are the next best thing than someone breaking HIPPA and leaking info. 

would you trust my opinion on an injury over Joe the drywaller? sure I don't know details but I know the body and injuries and rehab... it's what I do every day. 

yes, it's a guess, but take it for what it's worth. I was on here saying lacy was done at least 24 hours before any report was based off my experience. 
It's HIPAA, not HIPPA

Biabreakable said:
Dr Brew was is your motivation for offering unsolicited medial advice on these forums?

My mother is a doctor and just because she can speak a dead language and is good at memorizing stuff it doesn't make her someone whose opinion I would trust more than anyone else. She is as wrong as anyone else.

I don't think putting yourself out there like this is helping your professional credibility. It strikes me as trying too hard to be honest.
I'm a doctor of physical therapy. I have more to offer relating specifically to anatomy, injuries and rehab than any other health care professional except for orthopedic surgeons. I can find the publication that confirms this if you like. my motivation, well that's because I love what I do, and isn't that what these forums are about? isn't that what makes these forums great? I find many people appreciate it. if my car is making a noise I sure don't mind talking to my patients who know cars. or if I have problems with plumbing at the lake home it sure pays to have that plumber coming in at 10:00 so I can pick his brain about using pex. 

what do you do for a job? let's assume you are in residential construction and you take great pride in your work. you're in the top 96, 98, 96 percentile nation wide over the last 3 years in that profession as rated by a 3rd party company. you enjoy going to message boards on construction. someone posts that they want to put up a roof on a shed they built, but they are doing it incorrectly and the grade of the roof is too shallow. wouldn't you offer advice to say, hey that's wrong? you can't see his project. you just know how things should go and how they should look. does that make you less credible? are you "trying too hard" by helping the less informed make a better decision? or are you being a good person out of the goodness of your heart? ok now take out all the information about building and construction and insert DPT and injury and rehab and you have my scenario

you don't have to take my advice. I'm sorry you have a thing against health care professionals. or maybe it's an inferiority complex. I don't know. i will pray you find the strength to get over whatever it is, because it isnt healthy. FBGs Dr. Jene has even listened to things I have said in the past and used them. and thanked me for it in these forums. 

let me ask you this, if I worked for FBGs and you were paying for that service would you respect what I had to say? because I'm in the process of that. and why wouldn't you want information for free anyways? you're the one person I know who thinks networking is a bad thing. apparently you know best, in your mind, and that's fine. a lot of people respect what I have to say since it's what I do 40 hours a week and read research an additional 5 hours a week on the topic. I guess you're a guy who would pass up a free lunch because it was made by your local greasey spoon chef and wasn't prepared by Mario Batali. 

I take the opposite POV there - I appreciate @Dr. Brew contributing medically based insight and I don't see it as hurting his credibility at all.

i participate on hot sauce community forums as a professional Hot Sauce maker because it's a subject of interest and because I have some expertise, so I would hope that doesn't hurt my credibility in that arena?

i consider us fortunate that someone with Dr.Brew's background is willing to shed light on injuries that few others here are capable of. It's a benefit to this community for sure.

on the early morning Sunday morning radio show I listen to on the way to my market they have a doctor offering similar takes and I always enjoy that segment. 
Dr. Brew giving us his opinion on a message board and how it may relate to FF performance is one thing.  I'd take massive exception to Adam Schefter using Brew on ESPN as an authoritative source on why Bridgewater is never going to be able to walk, ride a bike, tie his own shoes, or handle his own online banking for the rest of his life, however.

Dr. Brew giving us his opinion on a message board and how it may relate to FF performance is one thing.  I'd take massive exception to Adam Schefter using Brew on ESPN as an authoritative source on why Bridgewater is never going to be able to walk, ride a bike, tie his own shoes, or handle his own online banking for the rest of his life, however.
yes shefter reports on the nfl and that's what he does for a living. I'm sure he is closer to the situation than I am. I am offering my opinion based on limited knowledge and facts. people don't want to read it, fine. I've been right on injuries far more often than I've been wrong. this is a very serious injury from what I understand. he will probably play again in some shape or form but I would not be surprised if he had to walk away or if he never was a productive starter again. that's all I'm saying

I've been criticized  for holding my knowledge to myself on here and I'm criticized when I give it. guess you can't please everyone. especially those invested in him who may think I'm peeing in their cherrios

The one on the radio is allarently connected to a number of team trainers. She's careful to back up sources when she has them, or to say when she's just making an informed opinion based on her medical knowledge.

i have zero issue with that - people who know things are the ones I'd prefer to listen to. 

We see what happens when someone like Josina Anderson gives injury timelines. :doh:

I guess we will see. if I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it. I try to clarify that what opinions I have are based off my experience and expertise and not the individual. obviously I can't assess them, but my guess is better than most people's in most cases. 

I was wrong on Melvin Gordon... I've stayed away due to his microfracture surgery. I felt it'd shorten his career. the list of people who have gotten it and been successful is not long and Melvin is at the top of the list. I felt his career would be short. I still do but he is doing well after that surgery. I am seriously concerned about Jordy Nelson tearing his other acl. 

I havealso been right many times. I won't list in fear of looking like I'm "trying too hard" but if you're interested just ask

Dr. Brew said:
I guess we will see. if I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it. I try to clarify that what opinions I have are based off my experience and expertise and not the individual. obviously I can't assess them, but my guess is better than most people's in most cases. 

I was wrong on Melvin Gordon... I've stayed away due to his microfracture surgery. I felt it'd shorten his career. the list of people who have gotten it and been successful is not long and Melvin is at the top of the list. I felt his career would be short. I still do but he is doing well after that surgery. I am seriously concerned about Jordy Nelson tearing his other acl. 

I havealso been right many times. I won't list in fear of looking like I'm "trying too hard" but if you're interested just ask
I appreciate your professional insight. Hopefully you'all continue to offer it. I'm a little shocked that anyone would take issue with it. 

I also appreciate that you're always careful to offer it as general opinion rather than trying to sound like a no-it-all. 

There's enough uninformed opinion out there flying around - it's refreshing to get a perspective from someone intimately  familiar with the types of injuries that effect NFL players. 

if you ever want to know about hot sauce, or mediocre FFB insight, feel free to ask. ;)  

Dr. Brew said:
:shrug:

Biabreakable said:
So you are vying for a position on the FBG staff. Good luck with your endeavors.

I don't need any advice about Teddy Bridgewaters injury being serious, we all knew that when they sent the ambulances.

What I do as my background in intelligence is to sniff out BS.

I would say you should be more cautious with your evaluations and let the reader decide if your opinion was helpful or not based on its own merits. If it is people will appreciate it. When it is presented as something that you want a pat on the back for, that stinks. Listen to Jene when he talks about things. There are many qualifying statements and he makes clear what he doesn't know while also making clear that he is only speculating or guessing what the specific situation may be. Your comments are laced with more certainty and bravado and I don't consider that to be very careful or objective when there is an underlying motivation behind your statements.

As far as this Teddy Bridgewater stuff. It isn't news. Barely any of the normal Vikings information sites say anything about it. It is completely unrelated to anything that has happened recently with Teddy or the team and it isn't news because there is no new information here.

The title of this thread may as well be: How to troll Vikings fans after their first loss when they may pine for Teddy Bridgewater to be their starting QB instead of Sam Bradford. Lets make sure we crush any silver lining of hope they may have in regards to Teddy's future at this particular moment when it could be the most devastating.  
there isn't any underlying motivation behind my statements and I clearly state that I am making my judgments based off of what I have in front of me. 

I couldn't care less what the Vikings are doing, and your statement as such finally points out your bias and reason for your distaste for what i have to say. it is an inferiority complex. you feel I have a bone to pick with the Vikings or are jealous for some reason. I really don't care. the Vikings are doing great. they made an excellent decision to sell the farm for bradford. they should win the division. good for them. I have watched one packer game from start to finish and will root for them but if it wasn't for fantasy football I'd probably have very little interest in the nfl this season. until you said the Vikings got their first loss I didn't even realize what their record was. I am picking them in my survivor league though this week so here's to that. 

I guess I'd have some sour grapes too if my team has never won a championship and the one glimmer of hope they had at it may have crumbled from under their feet, literally. 

I appreciate your professional insight. Hopefully you'all continue to offer it. I'm a little shocked that anyone would take issue with it. 

I also appreciate that you're always careful to offer it as general opinion rather than trying to sound like a no-it-all. 

There's enough uninformed opinion out there flying around - it's refreshing to get a perspective from someone intimately  familiar with the types of injuries that effect NFL players. 

if you ever want to know about hot sauce, or mediocre FFB insight, feel free to ask. ;)  
thanks hot sauce! I actually may take you up on that. I am at least trying to offer information to Dr. Bramel as I feel I have something positive to offer. I am considering an interactive blog of some kind or podcasts at the request of others who have liked my information as well. at the very least I'm always here. 

:shrug:

there isn't any underlying motivation behind my statements and I clearly state that I am making my judgments based off of what I have in front of me. 

I couldn't care less what the Vikings are doing, and your statement as such finally points out your bias and reason for your distaste for what i have to say. it is an inferiority complex. you feel I have a bone to pick with the Vikings or are jealous for some reason. I really don't care. the Vikings are doing great. they made an excellent decision to sell the farm for bradford. they should win the division. good for them. I have watched one packer game from start to finish and will root for them but if it wasn't for fantasy football I'd probably have very little interest in the nfl this season. until you said the Vikings got their first loss I didn't even realize what their record was. I am picking them in my survivor league though this week so here's to that. 

I guess I'd have some sour grapes too if my team has never won a championship and the one glimmer of hope they had at it may have crumbled from under their feet, literally. 

thanks hot sauce! I actually may take you up on that. I am at least trying to offer information to Dr. Bramel as I feel I have something positive to offer. I am considering an interactive blog of some kind or podcasts at the request of others who have liked my information as well. at the very least I'm always here. 

Biabreakable said:
So you are vying for a position on the FBG staff. Good luck with your endeavors.

I don't need any advice about Teddy Bridgewaters injury being serious, we all knew that when they sent the ambulances.

What I do as my background in intelligence is to sniff out BS.

I would say you should be more cautious with your evaluations and let the reader decide if your opinion was helpful or not based on its own merits. If it is people will appreciate it. When it is presented as something that you want a pat on the back for, that stinks. Listen to Jene when he talks about things. There are many qualifying statements and he makes clear what he doesn't know while also making clear that he is only speculating or guessing what the specific situation may be. Your comments are laced with more certainty and bravado and I don't consider that to be very careful or objective when there is an underlying motivation behind your statements.

As far as this Teddy Bridgewater stuff. It isn't news. Barely any of the normal Vikings information sites say anything about it. It is completely unrelated to anything that has happened recently with Teddy or the team and it isn't news because there is no new information here.

The title of this thread may as well be: How to troll Vikings fans after their first loss when they may pine for Teddy Bridgewater to be their starting QB instead of Sam Bradford. Lets make sure we crush any silver lining of hope they may have in regards to Teddy's future at this particular moment when it could be the most devastating.  
I think I'm kind of torn on whose side to take here but am inclined to lean more towards Dr. Brew.  A lot of people are worried about posting something they have inside knowledge on, or even just professional knowledge on, out of this fear of being ridiculed.  I took that risk by telling people I heard from an inside source that Calvin was retiring about a month before any whisper of it even hit twitter.  Got laid into pretty hard for it until it finally became public, but these types of responses are what scares people away from coming out and saying them.  And at the end of the day, it's the readers decision to read the posts with interest, or consider it not worthwhile info and move on.  Either way, I'd rather have that choice to hear the info and decide then have people decide to NOT post it. 

In this case, I doubt Dr. Brew is exaggerating his expertise in this industry, and I think his opinions have a lot more merit.  If you don't think they do, you don't have to read it.  But if an expert might have some insight, I want to hear it!  Now I do wish he came across a little less argumentative, and it seems trying to point out some 'inferiority complex" is simply poking a bear and doesn't really have a place here.  The information he posts is welcomed, and would be welcomed even more without getting into debates about his merits or making an attack on your character.  I don't think his intentions are to gloat but I can fully understand how you could read it that way or how it comes across that way.

So ya, I guess I'm in the middle but do hope he keeps giving us his opinions on injuries but tightens up the professionalism a little... I think that will give him a better chance to get picked up by FBG too.  Keep it up!

Hankmoody said:
Ad hominem, the tool of the weak mind.  You go ahead and make all the assumptions you want to accept this crap as legit journalism.  You'll be real successful with that.

"ad hominem the tool of the weak mind" or also something you just used as a response against me, the person with the weak mind, without addressing the argument i'm making... interesting. anyway, i'm not really sure what your point is. i've explained the assumptions i've made. i've already said why i think NFL team docs are a newsworthy source since they have access and info that we don't have. i've already said i don't care what title the editor slapped on that article or who the bleacher report author is. i've simply said that schefter pulling some quotes from team docs is newsworthy. you've said it's not because doctors don't know bridgewater's situation, which kinda dodges that yes, NFL docs do have more info and access than regular docs do. but whatevs. ad hominem and assumptions and all that.

i'm pretty sure you haven't made it this far in this comment since you only seem capable of responding to the first three words of a comment but thanks. i am successful. hope you are too with your straw man responses! those DEFINITELY get people super super far.

"weak mind"  Them Big Words come in small packages! 

Id almost guarantee Bridge is done in the NFL..  (I just dont think he was all that good)  However, Coachs and star gazers will do amazingly ignorant things in the NFL, and other places.. 

A QB who cant QB slowed by ACL injury can still catch a break.. 

Why fuzz about some "Doctor" providing medical knowledge?  You think being on the debate team provides insightful knowledge..

Rhetorically yours Dis

I think that falls into the standard expected recovery window for this type of injury, I think I recall hearing 18 months before they'll even know if he can play again based on how the rehab responds.

I disagree.
 Teddy had 14 TDs - 9 INTs 3200 yards 

Bradford 20 TDs, 5 INTs 3800 yards.   Bradford is not an elite QB but he is at least as good as Teddy. With a healthy Peterson they just need to drive the bus and keep it on the road.

Teddy had 14 TDs - 9 INTs 3200 yards 

Bradford 20 TDs, 5 INTs 3800 yards.   Bradford is not an elite QB but he is at least as good as Teddy. With a healthy Peterson they just need to drive the bus and keep it on the road.
Teddy put up those number in his second NFL season. Bradford in his sixth NFL season (seventh year in the league). Bridgewater also ran for 3 TDs in 2015 so really had 17.

ETA: Not saying there's a major difference - but I'd rather have Bridgewater's likely progression. Also I don't think they'll have Peterson next season.

Teddy put up those number in his second NFL season. Bradford in his sixth NFL season (seventh year in the league). Bridgewater also ran for 3 TDs in 2015 so really had 17.

ETA: Not saying there's a major difference - but I'd rather have Bridgewater's likely progression. Also I don't think they'll have Peterson next season.
Unless they fix that OL it won't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread