What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

f u rotoworld (2 Viewers)

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Randall Cobb (hamstring, questionable) is a "long shot" to play in Sunday's Week 9 game against the Colts.
Cobb was pessimistic about his status earlier this week and now Rapoport confirms that he's likely headed for his second straight absence. Per Rapsheet, Cobb is "not quite ready" despite practicing on a limited basis this past week. Without him, look for Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery and even Jeff Janis to see more targets from Aaron Rodgers in a mouth-watering matchup against the Colts' beat-up secondary.

most recent

After sitting out the first half, Randall Cobb entered the game after halftime.
Cobb looked like he would just be an emergency option, but the Packers are in emergency mode down by 14 in the second half to the Colts. Cobb has not done much to help, fumbling on his first touch which was ultimately called back on a holding call. Cobb will still likely be limited the rest of the way.

We don't understand... did you start him because they said he'd play or bench him because it sounded like he wouldn't?

I benched him, for stills with the long shot news.  I ignored rw after he was deemed active and they said he would not play.

Pampernick said:
starts with c and ends with a b
cub?  Oh, Cobb.  How in the hell is rotoworld supposed to know he's going to play in the 2nd half?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol so you benched him, and made this post saying "f u rotoworld" when he was in fact on the sideline and doing absolutely nothing? 

So what are you mad at?  That they didn't tell you EARLIER that he would be playing? 

Pampernick said:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Randall Cobb (hamstring, questionable) is a "long shot" to play in Sunday's Week 9 game against the Colts.
Cobb was pessimistic about his status earlier this week and now Rapoport confirms that he's likely headed for his second straight absence. Per Rapsheet, Cobb is "not quite ready" despite practicing on a limited basis this past week. Without him, look for Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery and even Jeff Janis to see more targets from Aaron Rodgers in a mouth-watering matchup against the Colts' beat-up secondary.
Should you be mad at Rotoworld, or Ian Rappoport, since Rotoworld was just reporting what he said?

Or not mad at all because pretty much everyone thought Cobb wasn't going to play?

So...I think I've got it.

You read something on Rotoworld that you ended up not listening to and you're patting yourself on the back for it?

Congratulations for being smarter than a site we all know is useless for analysis.

Guess what guy? Roto can only take the information that is put out there. Rapoport reported, they literally say it in the title line. If it doesn't come from the coach, it may not be true. If it comes from the coach, it still may not be true. The coaches were specifically being vague with this info, just like they were last week with Montgomery. Blame the Packers if you want to blame anyone. Or blame yourself for not having better/more flexible options

So...I think I've got it.

You read something on Rotoworld that you ended up not listening to and you're patting yourself on the back for it?

Congratulations for being smarter than a site we all know is useless for analysis.
Sort of.  I think he read that cobb wasn't playing, so benched him.  He wishes he would have known he WAS playing, but it was too late as he had him benched.  Then Roto said he WAS playing and he was mad at them for not telling him sooner.  But then he did end up listening to them and subbed him in, but for a different guy than he would have liked to... so he was still mad at them... even though he got him a td.  Complete mess and back peddling and hindsight.  Might go down as worst thread of the year.

Guess what guy? Roto can only take the information that is put out there. Rapoport reported, they literally say it in the title line. If it doesn't come from the coach, it may not be true. If it comes from the coach, it still may not be true. The coaches were specifically being vague with this info, just like they were last week with Montgomery. Blame the Packers if you want to blame anyone. Or blame yourself for not having better/more flexible options
I've figured it out, just buy some GB Packers shares in the organization and he'll get perfect news from McCarthy because he has to answer to share holders.  Just have to get his phone number after you buy some shares.  

Typical guppy.

Waaah, waaah, you cry, this game is too hard!

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent,last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

>>>ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins RB Mark Walton has been suspended four games for violating NFL conduct and substance abuse policy.

Walton has worked as the Dolphins' featured RB ever since the team traded Kenyan Drake to the Cardinals. Miami is expected to move forward with *throws up in mouth* Kalen Ballage as their three-down back. It certainly wouldn't be surprising if they add to the position in free agency.<<<

Lol. Who's the RW editor these days?

>>>ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins RB Mark Walton has been suspended four games for violating NFL conduct and substance abuse policy.

Walton has worked as the Dolphins' featured RB ever since the team traded Kenyan Drake to the Cardinals. Miami is expected to move forward with *throws up in mouth* Kalen Ballage as their three-down back. It certainly wouldn't be surprising if they add to the position in free agency.<<<

Lol.
Thanks, needed a roster space.

Lol, so much anger over Randall Cobb from @Pampernick

Users who are viewing this thread