What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it Corey Grant (fee agent) time? (1 Viewer)

ex-ghost

Footballguy
Anyone know anything about this guy? Yeldon and Ivory not practicing. That leaves Shoelace and Grant as next men up.

Injuries to Yeldon and Ivory might not be serious, but.......

ETA: I see that he has been returning kicks, 20.7 avg not too stellar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would all depend on your league type and team situation.  He would be worth a speculative add for a RB needy dynasty rebuild or a complete desperation dart throw this weekend if Yeldon and Ivory are confirmed out.

Have seen his name on waivers of the future, would be nice to see him get a bit of run in a game this season.

Casting Couch said:
This guy just continues to look explosive whenever he is in there. Will the NYG get on the phone already ?
He really does look like he's got the most juice in the Jags backfield (certainly when Fournette isn't playing), and yet they don't really seem to care. He would be fascinating in NYG. 

I'd give Grant and Yeldon more snaps this year. I'd even consider 2 RB sets for the Jags this year since Bortles likes throwing to RBs and seems to prefer shorter, quicker, agile targets.

I'd give Grant and Yeldon more snaps this year. I'd even consider 2 RB sets for the Jags this year since Bortles likes throwing to RBs and seems to prefer shorter, quicker, agile targets.
Think you’ll see sets with Fournette and Grant in the backfield together. Worked very well against Pats in AFCCG. 

I think Grant is going to be a great ppr value this year. They are paying him decent money having given him 2nd round RFA tender and all the coaches (yeah it's June) are saying is they need to get him on the field.

I mean just look what he did to Pats and what impact Clement had in SB, Cohen's impact on Bear's anemic offense, Dion Lewis/Burkhead/Woodhead etc.. Working these pass catching jitterbugs into an offense should be mandatory for any NFL OC. Just adds a whole other facet to deal with. 

Obviously his ceiling is capped, but you could get a low-end RB2 for next to nothing. That's gold in deep leagues.

I think Grant is going to be a great ppr value this year. They are paying him decent money having given him 2nd round RFA tender and all the coaches (yeah it's June) are saying is they need to get him on the field.

I mean just look what he did to Pats and what impact Clement had in SB, Cohen's impact on Bear's anemic offense, Dion Lewis/Burkhead/Woodhead etc.. Working these pass catching jitterbugs into an offense should be mandatory for any NFL OC. Just adds a whole other facet to deal with. 

Obviously his ceiling is capped, but you could get a low-end RB2 for next to nothing. That's gold in deep leagues.
I like Grant but I think he will be better in real football than fantasy...unless something changes I don’t see big passing numbers with the Jags...with their D and average QB it is not how they want to play...than add in they have Fournette who put up sneaky receiving numbers last year and Yeldon in the backfield and a WR corps that while not great is solid and deep with Lee, Westbrook, Cole, Moncrief, Chark and ASJ I just don’t see how Grant becomes fantasy relevant outside of a rash of injuries...

Corey Grant caught 6-of-7 targets for 56 yards in the Jaguars' Week 2 win over the Patriots, adding four rushes for 13 additional yards.

Grant ended up forming a near-even committee with T.J. Yeldon in Leonard Fournette's absence. The Jags worked hard to exploit Grant's play-making ability as a pass catcher. He was a spark plug who picked up a number of key first downs. Despite his big-play ability, Grant will be a low-end RB3/FLEX if Fournette remains sidelined for Week 3 against the Titans.

Sep 16 - 8:13 PM

Grant provided a spark last year on limited touches. JAC came into this year saying they needed to get him more touches and didn't. It took another Fournette injury for Grant to yet again prove why he needs more touches. Get your head out of your ### Hackett. 
So pissed. Drafted him in rookie/FA draft this year based on AFCCG and second round tender; dropped him after week 1 for Richard after looked like Jax were still going to be dopes and neglect him. 

Will be interesting to see how they use him in non-Pats games. But kid is a player. 

Per @RapSheet:

The #Jaguars haven’t ruled out RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) yet, but he has an uphill battle to play, source said. Meanwhile, RB T.J. Yeldon (ankle) and CB Jalen Ramsey (ankle) should both be fine, I’m told. Fournette will have to prove a lot pregame to get on the field.

Corey Grant may be a solid PPR flex if no Fournette in a game they should control, especially after Yeldon missed time this week. 

Do you all think Grant or Yeldon in full PPR? What is the split today? 
I think both Yeldon and Grant are likely to be flex plays. Having Fournette and Yeldon since last year, everyone thinks Yeldon is the handcuff, but it seems like in the games Fournette missed, the Jags went with 2 guys every time and neither really had more than 10-12 points. That's my recollection anyway without looking it up. 

Yeldon played on 58% of the snaps, was utilized 15 times and saw a 9% target share last week.

Grant played on 42% of the snaps, was utilized 11 times and saw a 16% target share last week.

I think we can expect a similar split again but there's obviously a little more upside for more for Grant as we don't know exactly how much Yeldon's ankle is bothering him. Yeldon has a history of ankle issues too.

If JAC goes up big at any point I think we could see more Grant than Yeldon. 

From a JAC beat reporter..

John Reid‏Verified account @JohnReid64

#Jaguars injury report comes out later today but Leonard Fournette (hamstring) participated in every drill during the early portion of Friday's practice while RB T.J. Yeldon was held out from a position drill that involved cutting.
If Yeldon is as injured as this makes it sound, wouldn't JAC have signed up a RB from the PS? Because if Grant was guaranteed to be utilized ~15 times then he almost becomes a must start. He's such a big play threat that he gets more and more enticing with volume. 

Starting him over Morris after I lost Mixon.  Need the upside where I’m the underdog. 

With the Fournette situation is there anything doing here ? Admittedly, I have no knowledge on Grant but am scrabbling for potential lottery tickets.

Kid has talent and has the potential to be a PPR machine just not sure if he’ll get the touches. I picked him up for one week and ended up dropping him. 

I have a theory that the reason Grant doesn't see the field in the games that Fournette exits early is because Hackett needs a weeks worth of practice to integrate Grant into the gameplan.

I have a theory that the reason Grant doesn't see the field in the games that Fournette exits early is because Hackett needs a weeks worth of practice to integrate Grant into the gameplan.

Or maybe coaches don't want to tip the defenses hand as grant seems to be a receiver only type RB

According to your theory this would mean he's a solid start this week, correct? 

According to your theory this would mean he's a solid start this week, correct?
I still think you'd need to be relatively desperate. It's just as likely that I know nothing since I'm not at the facility and it's possible Hackett just didn't like what he saw from Grant vs. TEN. It was generally a debacle and Yeldon has run well this year.

But my guess is that Grant plays on ~35% of the snaps and is utilized ~10 times vs. KC. 

This is right.  He is not merely a gadget player, but he's definitely not a between the tackles back...somewhere in between.  He's been most effective when he shares the backfield with Fournette or one of them is split out...it throws the defense off and let's one of the two get open in space. Not the same dynamic with Yeldon.  What limits his snaps is he is not an effective pass blocker, so when he is in the game, its almost a signal to the defense that he's going to get the ball.

W1: 6 snaps, 0 tgts, 1 carry-3 yds. 17% touch rate

W2: 30 snaps, 7 tgts (6-56), 4 carries-13 yds. 37% touch rate

W3: 20 snaps, 2 tgts (1-(-1), 6 carries-11 yds. 40% touch rate

W4: 7 snaps, 3 tgts (2-12), 1 carry-5 yds. 57% touch rate

It will be interesting to see if/how the offense adapts to a longer term Fournette absence

Packers signed RB Corey Grant.

Grant, 27, suffered a Lisfranc injury in Week 5 with the Jaguars last season and missed the rest of the year. In 2016-2017, Grant registered 62 carries in a very limited role and turned them into 412 yards (6.65 YPC) and three touchdowns. He's also flashed in the receiving game and been a mainstay on special teams in his career. Grant has a real shot to make the roster.

Jul 26, 2019, 9:44 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread